TeleTech Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work
Service Delivery Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONMarch 20, 2016
My time at TeleTech was fantastic. I worked there for 9 years. I started on the phones as a customer service rep and worked my way up to supervisor. Like any call center, there is always pressure to meet call times and other quotas, and it can be very stressful. What made this place so easy to work at was the other employees. As a customer service rep, the supervisors were easy to get along with, and made sure you were aware of the expectations, and they were there to help you achieve the goals. While the goals weren't the easiest to hit, over half the people didn't have a hard time exceeding them on a daily basis.

As a supervisor, the management team was easy to get along with and very helpful in providing guidance to help me achieve better. The agents I worked with were also easy to get along with, and understanding when I had to coach and write them up for not achieving the goals.
Pros
Great co-workers, excellent wage, very good benefits
Cons
Some odd-ball hours, can be stressful and very high pressure.
Fun workplace environment
Finance, Service Marketing, Consumer Relations (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONMarch 6, 2016
answering customer service calls relating to the automotive industry, I learned varying information on car repair, management was supportive and helpful co-workers were friendly and helpful, it was very enjoyable speaking with a varied group of people from all over Canada.
Pros
great schedule
Cons
limited room for advancement
Poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONDecember 15, 2015
The managers should have more knowledge, skills and other training in order to choose the right people as team leaders for the service reps who work hard need their team leader's support, help and back up.
Pros
friendship with the others representant
Cons
poor management
Good Place to work enjoyed going in every day, great coworkers good management
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ONOctober 14, 2015
Great Place no real pressure good coworkers, good management minimal office politics. I gave Quality assurance a few gray hairs but my issue resolve stats and my client loyalty was second to none and quite often they sent prospective hires to sit with me to show them job was actually fun and not as scary as other agents described it.
Pros
Generally a good enviroment to work nothing negative to report
Cons
wages lower than norm at the time.
Customer service rep
Customer Service inbound Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Answer inbound calls regarding clients accounts. Give billing sales and technical support. I learned a new data system, technical aspects of cell phones. Management was extremely resourceful and friendly. Co workers worked together to create a friendly work environment. Hardest part of the job was the constant shift changes. must enjoyable was the customer interaction with a satisfied customer.
Pros
bonus's
Great place to start
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONApril 8, 2016
I work at Teletech for about 2 years. Good people to work with.

Don't try to move up... no chance! event if you are qualifier. If you are bilingual, they dint pay enough. Be ready to pick up the phone!
They had a so call qualify inspector and she listen to your call, she speak only English, so of course with the accent you have as an other language, she will fail you and treat you not to nice. She was told on many occasion that she was not a supervisor and cannot discriminate other...many bilingual quit.

Manager/ Supervisor are very nice, most of them
Degrading
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ONMarch 11, 2016
Not a fun environment to be in. Management putting down Employees. Little pay for the amount of abuse that's given by management.
Productive place
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONJuly 7, 2016
great customers
deal with irate customers in a timely professional matter
received lots of great feedback from customers
Pros
worked with great people from all walks of life
Company pulled out
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJune 6, 2016
it was a good enough job. stressful but good. it was a company contracted to work for Time Warner Cable. Along with others as well. Customer Service, sales, billing, and tech support.
customer service representative
Customer Service & Sales (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONMay 24, 2016
this was a very relaxed environment with people phoning in to make there orders for the infomercials that we showed on a commercial.
Pros
meeting new people, promotions
was a call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJune 27, 2016
what eles can you say it was a call center so it was a job to work while going to school and what not
Teletech is a JOKE!
Technical Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Orillia, OntarioFebruary 14, 2013
I was a Technical Support Rep, who took inbound calls for a major American cable company, I would help customers get their cable boxes working etc. The best part of that job was helping customers and also the awesome co-workers. The worst part was the management or rather lack there of and the fact that Teletech refuses to follow their own policies and procedures they have in place as a company. Plus the fact that I as well as many others have our wage capped does not help when cost of living goes up each year. The best part about that place was helping customers when you could, the 40 hrs a week, group health benefits and co-workers.
Pros
some co-workers, group health benefits
Cons
no raises, managers knowing less than you, teletech does not follow their own policies they have, a lot of pass the buck.
Was great
Sr. HC Manager Canada Corporate + eLoyalty (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONMay 11, 2016
great employer. Had all the great qualities: large, flexible, caring, compassionate. Regrettably no longer in Canada.
Productive workplace
Service Marketing (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ONSeptember 8, 2015
- make outgoing phone calls to customers about the service for their vehicle
receive incoming calls and help solve any problems that the customer may have.
- i have learned patience, compassion, time management, organization, and how to be a team player.
- the co-workers are all friendly and great to be around, i enjoy coming to work to see them.
- the hardest part of the job is not staying on the phone for a long time with the customers.
- the most enjoyable part of the job is talking to new people everyday.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No over time
Fast Paced and Steady work environment
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONJune 30, 2014
On a computer all day long taking incoming calls from customers that were with a service provider called Charter or were wanting to sign up with this cable provider out of the US. Dealt with tech issues, customer complaints, wanting more services/products, and upselling our cliental.

I learned a lot about the cable industry and the culture/stories of peoples lives.

Management was always there to help if you were having trouble solving a issue or didn't know how to solve a problem

Worked independently but most co-workers were miserable or stressed out cause this is considered a highly stressful job. Most of them outside of work are friendly.

Hardest part of the job was meeting the metrics the company wanted which was considered almost unreachable for most to reach.

Most enjoyable part of the job was taking control and helping out customers problems and being able to solve there issues and make them happy.
Pros
bonuses for meeting required metrics at the end of the month
Cons
long hours, and talking alot, stressful at times
Very Good. Too bad it closed down.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 9, 2015
A typical day was handling inbound billing or technical support calls. With a few up-sales in between.
I learned a lot of customer service skills in the training sessions, and a little bit of technical experience from it as well.
Management was very good. They listened, they helped and always lead through example.
There was very little interaction from co-worker to co-worker, at least for me, cause we were constantly on calls.
The hardest part was the long hours, and the fact that I sometimes don't communicate that well from phone calls.
The most enjoyable part was the pay. The management was also very good.
Pros
great management, good pay
Cons
phone calls
Great atmosphere and work ethic
Escalations Desk (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NSOctober 29, 2015
Teletech was a fun place to work with friendly helpful co-workers a well as management. I was only out of training 2 days when I was helping others and quickly advanced to my role of Escalations Desk after only two weeks with the company.
Good place to work, great people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ONJuly 13, 2015
Typically,we would have a 15min meeting prior to logging into our phones. We were continually learning because the systems were constantly being upgraded as were our products. Management was okay, they tried to make their team top teams but some would go to far but overall, management did the best they could considering the centre employed over 700 people and during our peak hours had over 400 people on the floor. The hardest part of the job was when we were just learning a new system and trying to give the customers the correct information. The managers learn it at the same time we do so we're all in it together. The most enjoyable times were our bbq days,or theme dress days,contests with great prizes and the people we worked with. We helped each other out all the time, it was never a competition, I worked with great people and that's what made us successful
Pros
overtime always available
Cons
low pay
Not a huge fan, wont work there again
Nissan Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONJanuary 9, 2016
I worked there for over 2 years. They had us train a man from Arizona on how to do our jobs under the expectations that another site would be opening to assist us - instead they completely took over our department and took away our jobs.
Pros
you can fly first class for next to nothing
A very respected corporation
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sudbury OntarioMay 27, 2015
I loved my position at Teletech. It was very rewarding with plenty of opportunities for advancement. Although the work requirements were the same on a daily basis there was always new procedures being put into place to help us as a team better succeed.
Pros
benefits, continous learning
Cons
being a third party vendor