TeleTech Employee Reviews

Great place to work and gain experience
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON13 November 2017
Inbound customer service center. answered calls for various clients as well as dispatch experience. Worked in sales, billing, trouble shooting, and level 1 tech support.
Pros
Cons
No longer sudbury based businesd
Good, solid work.
CSR Time Warner Cable (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON11 November 2017
Was always a great place to work. Very punctual, but good environment and lots of communication. Always had different campaigns on the go, so you could change it up if you needed to.
Pros
Consistent, and reliable work
Cons
Call Center, lots of sitting
cattle call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON6 November 2017
awful scheduling; paid barely above minimum needed to snipe talent from other bottom end employers. Human capital not applied efficiently (people who could barely speak English were kept on front lines/phones and people with no tech experience/skill were put into highly technical roles)
unstable work environment
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 November 2017
a typical work day included in you loosing sales because the supervisors were never around when you had an escalated situation
Management where never there to help the employees

although the culture was very diverse, the only main enjoyable part of the job was when you could tell that you made a difference for your customers, the hardest part of the job was trying to track some a supervisor when you needed the help
Pros
amazing co workers
Cons
poor management
fun place to work, meet people from all over the country
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NS20 October 2017
A great work environment with good people to work with and good management. Talk to lots of people from all over the country but the training is nowhere good enough if you are new to computers like I was at the time.
Pros
fun environmemt to work, meet lots of people
Cons
low wage, not enough training
First Call center
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NS3 October 2017
Teletech call center was my first call center job and it was interesting being tech support for a united states company. Getting yelled at by customers was not my cup of tea.
stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON18 September 2017
People always yelling at you. Stressful environment and so many people worked there was sometimes hard to find support when you needed help with a problem
Enjoyed meeting my coworkers
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atelka- Sarnia Ontario12 September 2017
Enjoyed the time I spent getting to know the people I worked with, but management was not organized, not supportive of new staff(2nd day on phone), we had no floor support besides our team leader. Very disorganized as our team lead's shift ended earlier than ours. No one was accountable for the lack of professionalism, nor took any responsibility for the "miscommunication". The training is outdated on the programs currently in use. Some training staff are more supportive then others. If you have an issue, be prepared to be spoken to like a customer. I quit when I realized it didnt matter what I said, nothing would change and no one would take responsibility for their actions or lack thereof. Some of the customers are great, but most are calling in because of billing or service issues and are understandably upset. If you are thick skinned and able to diffuse escalated situations quickly, work well with computers and able to shrug off work stress then I wish you luck and hope you have a better experience then me.😊
Pros
Above minimum wage plus commission on sales, cafeteria on site, great coworkers, benefits after 3 months
Cons
Poor communication with management, no support from upper management, lack of professionalism
Shift work, lots of options
Order Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 August 2017
It was nice to have shift work options, many shifts to choose from. Not many options for new employees. New employees are stuck to one shift, no choice.
Productive Call Center
Presidential Appeals Tech Support (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 August 2017
Call Center
Received high priority calls due to multiple issues with technical support complaints from high callers
Great management team
Great support within a team environment
Fun and Accessible work place
Team Leader / Supervisor (Sales - Chat) (Current Employee) –  Philippines31 July 2017
Teletech is a fun working environment. It makes work less stressful. Colleagues are friends as well who helps you on your daily tasks and shares best practices. Hardest part of the job is managing people with different identities wherein you need to ensure that you get their buy-in in meeting a common goal.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Career Advancement
Good option if you want to have a work-life balance
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Philippines17 July 2017
Teletech offers a morning shift which helps its employees to have more time for their families and friends. A great company with a well supportive management!
Mundane
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON27 June 2017
Would not recommend on any level. Very boring. No opportunity for any advancement. Not 100% if this is still a business. Very boring atmosphere. Management not very helpful.
No longer operating
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON29 April 2017
The location I worked in, no longer exists.
Having said that, the call centre industry has a high level of irate customers calling in usually. The primary reason a customer will call into a call centre is because they are unhappy or have concerns regarding a bill or service. This can result in very colorful language and people skills are not to be underestimated in this field.
If you are the type to lose your temper easily or to take strangers opinions to heart, this is not the field for you. If you're able to stick to company policy and focus on creative means to resolve a complaint in a fast manner, this can be a good job. Most of the tools you'll require are at your fingertips and it's mostly a matter of quickly identifying the customer's needs and how you can make them happy while staying within the company's guidelines. Most call centre's want each call to be resolved very quickly, so slow methodical practices are not going to serve you well in this field.
Pros
Not physically demanding
Cons
Some customers can be verbally abusive
Good
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NS25 April 2017
I was a supervisor and i had a great team and co-workers! However the communication between upper managment and front line staff was not what it could have been. The only time they paid attention to them was when they were going to give negative feed back.
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Horrible Communication between management and front line staff
Fast paced
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NS20 April 2017
Customers call in and say their cable boxes are not working, We would have to trouble shoot the problem, if the problem persist we would then have to send out a tech to find out what the problem is and then fix it.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
when you try to help, but were unable to
Fun call centre
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 April 2017
Made lots of friends, really enjoyed my job. lots of sitting down and using the computer, chairs were not very comfortable but all around a nice place to work at.
Fantastic place!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON6 April 2017
This was a great place to work. I got along with everyone and they were always willing to help out when ever you needed it, We were never made to feel like we were just a number, we were treated like human beings.
Good Company
Senior Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 March 2017
I really enjoyed my 4 years at Teletech.
I was given patience in training to fully understand the whole position. I was trained on many programs, about 10 and understood what I was doing.
Pros
The job
Cons
I got sick and had to leave
Fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 March 2017
A typical day at work would involve troubleshooting technical issues customers would have when attempting to connect their computers to the internet. Learned a lot in this environment.
Pros
decent hours, interesting work, breaks and lunches, benefits
Cons
company was on contract that did not renew

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TeleTech. Our community is ready to answer.