TeleTech Employee Reviews

busy all day
patience
terrible management
co workers awesome
being stuck at your desk
talking to some great customers

It was hard as was American and so some customers resented us
Pros
benefits bonus system
Cons
not enough opportunities to get off the phones for a while
Awesome place to work
Service Delivery Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON20 March 2016
My time at TeleTech was fantastic. I worked there for 9 years. I started on the phones as a customer service rep and worked my way up to supervisor. Like any call center, there is always pressure to meet call times and other quotas, and it can be very stressful. What made this place so easy to work at was the other employees. As a customer service rep, the supervisors were easy to get along with, and made sure you were aware of the expectations, and they were there to help you achieve the goals. While the goals weren't the easiest to hit, over half the people didn't have a hard time exceeding them on a daily basis.

As a supervisor, the management team was easy to get along with and very helpful in providing guidance to help me achieve better. The agents I worked with were also easy to get along with, and understanding when I had to coach and write them up for not achieving the goals.
Pros
Great co-workers, excellent wage, very good benefits
Cons
Some odd-ball hours, can be stressful and very high pressure.
Remote G&A support
Principal, Global Project Management Services (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO26 October 2016
I enjoyed working for TeleTech and would also continue to work there again if the opportunity came up.

This employer has values that don't exactly mesh with the drive for employees - as in they tell you to live life passionately, but they don't provide a good work/life balance depending on the department you are in.
Pros
Remote working is great, this department also provides limited opportunity to travel.
Cons
The time commitment in this department is very demanding, don't expect to hear a lot of positive words of encouragement.
Call center
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 January 2017
Teletech is now closed..it was a call center environment. Customer service environment. The management number driven..co workers..working to live..not alot of advancement
Learned alot and have grown professionaly with the company
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Philippines30 November 2016
Have fun with your whole team by going for regular days and/or nights out. Going out together as a team is a great way to get everyone having fun and forming relationships outside of work that could inspire collaboration back in the office.

As well as being loads of fun, days out can make great team-building exercises, even if you don’t fancy traditional ‘build a raft from drinking straws’ style team building days (we survived this zombie apocalypse together and had a great time).
Productive place
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON7 July 2016
great customers
deal with irate customers in a timely professional matter
received lots of great feedback from customers
Pros
worked with great people from all walks of life
Teletech is a JOKE!
Technical Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Orillia, Ontario14 February 2013
I was a Technical Support Rep, who took inbound calls for a major American cable company, I would help customers get their cable boxes working etc. The best part of that job was helping customers and also the awesome co-workers. The worst part was the management or rather lack there of and the fact that Teletech refuses to follow their own policies and procedures they have in place as a company. Plus the fact that I as well as many others have our wage capped does not help when cost of living goes up each year. The best part about that place was helping customers when you could, the 40 hrs a week, group health benefits and co-workers.
Pros
some co-workers, group health benefits
Cons
no raises, managers knowing less than you, teletech does not follow their own policies they have, a lot of pass the buck.
Customer Assistance with Billing and Repair
CSR (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 February 2013
A typical day with Teletech Holdings included a meeting daily to go over our goals and area's of improvement. We would then locate a work space and would assist US Based Customer's with Cable repairs over the phone.

This position assisted me in refining my Customer relations as well as my keyboarding skills.

Management was adaquate, there was never a major issue involving the Managment of Teletech Holdings.

My co-workers and I developed relationships through the course of our employment, there was never any tension between co-workers.

The hardest part of this job would be customer escalations due to equipment malfunctions and billing issues.

The most ejoyable part of working for Teletech Holdings would be the feeling after which an issue was resolved and met everyones satisfaction.
Pros
benefits and option to have charitable donations deducted from pay.
Cons
constant shift changes
Company Bankrupted
Cellular Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 August 2016
The Job at Teletech was similar to most support center jobs, However midway through employment the company went bankrupt and was sold and re branded and restructured which in turn made the transition very challenging.
Fun workplace environment
Finance, Service Marketing, Consumer Relations (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON6 March 2016
answering customer service calls relating to the automotive industry, I learned varying information on car repair, management was supportive and helpful co-workers were friendly and helpful, it was very enjoyable speaking with a varied group of people from all over Canada.
Pros
great schedule
Cons
limited room for advancement
customer service representative
Customer Service & Sales (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON24 May 2016
this was a very relaxed environment with people phoning in to make there orders for the infomercials that we showed on a commercial.
Pros
meeting new people, promotions
Cons
I loved this job, my supervisors and my co-workers were awesome!
C.S.R. (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON24 August 2012
I seemed to learn something new everyday. I was given leeway to be actually able to HELP the customers. You were given a sheet with times and days to pick from for your schedule. The more seniority you had the better chance of your pick being posted. My schedule was posted weeks in advance and you were allowed to switch with someone else if it didn't suit you. The schedule you received was for 3 months at a time.
My co-workers and my supervisors are some of the best people I have ever met.
It was a really fun place to work but also professional.
Pros
just a great place to work.
Cons
the salary wasn't great, not really a place to advance too far within the company.
Professional environment with a bunch of cards
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON5 March 2013
TeleTech was my first real career-type job after high school. I really enjoyed the professional atmosphere filled with interesting characters. When I started there were over 600 employees. I loved being in a sea of people all working together as one entity. It was almost like being at a festival five days a week. Excellent training program and ongoing coaching. They really pushed employees to meet targets and gave them incentives for doing so. They was opportunity for advancement and great benefits.
Great place to start
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON8 April 2016
I work at Teletech for about 2 years. Good people to work with.

Don't try to move up... no chance! event if you are qualifier. If you are bilingual, they dint pay enough. Be ready to pick up the phone!
They had a so call qualify inspector and she listen to your call, she speak only English, so of course with the accent you have as an other language, she will fail you and treat you not to nice. She was told on many occasion that she was not a supervisor and cannot discriminate other...many bilingual quit.

Manager/ Supervisor are very nice, most of them
A very respected corporation
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sudbury Ontario27 May 2015
I loved my position at Teletech. It was very rewarding with plenty of opportunities for advancement. Although the work requirements were the same on a daily basis there was always new procedures being put into place to help us as a team better succeed.
Pros
benefits, continous learning
Cons
being a third party vendor
Deteriorating Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, Ontario6 March 2012
Over the years the work atmosphere changed drastically from being a possible career choice with advancement opportunities to uncertainty in the workplace. There were cutbacks that create a volatile work environment and created high turnover. There is no stability at this company locally.
Pros
open door policy, flexibility with work schedule
Cons
little compensation, no job advancement, high turnover
my great experience
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON7 February 2013
After this company left It made me realize how wonderful they were. We got incentives, time off, holiday lunch-ins and also a HR department that acted like they cared. The pay was wonderful. They gave yearly raises and there was the change to advance in the company. I felt like there was respect for workers and most of the concerns could be resolved with the deprtment or site manager. Dress code was casual and jeans could be worn monday-friday.
Inbound Call Center - cell phones
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON10 April 2014
Enjoyed dealing with clients enquiries, helping them with multiple issues i.e. - bill payments, explanation of billing components, purchases of upgrades, accessories, plans, insurance.

This job was fast paced, I was always learning, and enjoyed pushing the limits of my learning potential, my skills, the close 'family' network of the company.

It was challenging, exhilarating and fulfilling.
Pros
Great hours, great team spirit, great benefits and incentives.
Cons
Should have had continuous training of new hardware, programs, etc.
Very low
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Renfrew24 August 2015
Loved working there. Good benefits. Flexible hours. Great atmosphere. Great supervisors. Fun place to work. Truly enjoyed my time there. Wished they had never closed the Renfrew office.
Different
Technical support agent (Former Employee) –  London ON12 March 2012
For a customer service based company it was okay, however, more thought should have gone into the employee selection pool, because immaturity was rampant among most individuals. Being among colleagues with only high-school education and fast-food experience was a challenging en-devour, especially when you are more accustomed to being around seasoned professionals. The training and support was alright. Help was there when you needed it.
Pros
compensation
Cons
employee relations, client attitudes