TeleTech

TeleTech Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast Paced and Steady work environment
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee), Orillia, ONJune 30, 2014
Pros: bonuses for meeting required metrics at the end of the month
Cons: long hours, and talking alot, stressful at times
On a computer all day long taking incoming calls from customers that were with a service provider called Charter or were wanting to sign up with this cable provider out of the US. Dealt with tech issues, customer complaints, wanting more services/products, and upselling our cliental.

I learned a lot about the cable industry and the culture/stories of peoples lives.

Management was always there to help if you were having trouble solving a issue or didn't know how to solve a problem

Worked independently but most co-workers were miserable or stressed out cause this is considered a highly stressful job. Most of them outside of work are friendly.

Hardest part of the job was meeting the metrics the company wanted which was considered almost unreachable for most to reach.

Most enjoyable part of the job was taking control and helping out customers problems and being able to solve there issues and make them happy.
Good place to work, great people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Timmins, ONJuly 13, 2015
Pros: overtime always available
Cons: low pay
Typically,we would have a 15min meeting prior to logging into our phones. We were continually learning because the systems were constantly being upgraded as were our products. Management was okay, they tried to make their team top teams but some would go to far but overall, management did the best they could considering the centre employed over 700 people and during our peak hours had over 400 people on the floor. The hardest part of the job was when we were just learning a new system and trying to give the customers the correct information. The managers learn it at the same time we do so we're all in it together. The most enjoyable times were our bbq days,or theme dress days,contests with great prizes and the people we worked with. We helped each other out all the time, it was never a competition, I worked with great people and that's what made us successful
Customer Service and Sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: making great friends at work at free lunches and birthday celebrations
Cons: brutal management in most call centers.
I worked as a customer service representative and sales rep. I sold phone services and long distance to the consumers. I done customer service for phone, internet, and tv services where I do my best with my knowledge of the product to make the consumers day as pleasent as possible and booked technical support to their homes if couldn't resolve the situation. What I learned was excellent communicational skills. Management was extremely disorganised and I offered my help as often as possible. My co-workers were weak in the knowledge of products and had them ctach up to my knowledge in oreder to work as a team. The hardest part of the job was to make everyone happy. Some people don't like to be bothered during sales calls. The most enjoyable part of the job was making plenty of friends at work because of the team environment.
Cell phone call center
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Timmins, ONFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: good hearted employees
Cons: almost zero data management
The people there were nice but the job itself was not pleasant.

Most calls were coming from people that would yell at you because their bill was too high and the computer system they had to look up their usage history was terrible. A lot of times, not of my own fault, I would have to put them on hold for extended amounts of time so I can review their bill and see if there was actually something wrong or if they were mistaken. They would get stressed out and that would make doing my job efficiently and friendly all the more difficult.

I did not appreciate that their systems were not tailored so that I can provide the best help to the customers.
Teletech is a JOKE!
Technical Support Rep (Former Employee), Orillia, OntarioFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: some co-workers, group health benefits
Cons: no raises, managers knowing less than you, teletech does not follow their own policies they have, a lot of pass the buck.
I was a Technical Support Rep, who took inbound calls for a major American cable company, I would help customers get their cable boxes working etc. The best part of that job was helping customers and also the awesome co-workers. The worst part was the management or rather lack there of and the fact that Teletech refuses to follow their own policies and procedures they have in place as a company. Plus the fact that I as well as many others have our wage capped does not help when cost of living goes up each year. The best part about that place was helping customers when you could, the 40 hrs a week, group health benefits and co-workers.
Productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Orillia, ONAugust 26, 2012
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: long hours, not family oriented
A typical day at work is gathering items from the locker,logging on to the computer,getting systems uploaded to get ready for work. What I've learned is working as a team,pick up the pace faster on calls,also get sales in on mostly every call to get my stats up. The management was fine, getting your schedual changed was not fun because your stats compete with 200+ people on the floor.The hardest part of the job is keeping phone time down to 8 mins when dealing with customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing a satisfied customer, getting there issues resolved, helping them out when they needed it.
Very proud to work for iSTAT...
Team Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Kanata, ONJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: assemble a medical product that is actually used on our space station.
Cons: long hours and long commute.
I was a team training coordinator during my time with iSTAT. I trained employees to work on the assembly line to build a medical product. I am very proud I was able to participate in this adventure. Working in a clean room environment was a great experience. All management and co workers were fantastic. The hardest part of the job was the 12 hours days. The shift was 4x4. Also the commute into Kanata everyday. I enjoyed watching my teams create and build a medical product that would eventually make it to the market and potentially save a life. My reason for leaving iSTAT was because I was needed at home for my foster children. Now my foster children are all grown.
Telecommunications can be fun
Customer Tech Service QM (Former Employee), Orillia, ONSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: good people, ways to ward off stress, awesome teams.
Cons: washrooms could have been cleaner. customers sometimes really made us feel low.
Good company. Amazing Team Managers and Executives. Teams were like families. Sure, some parts of the job were less than fun, especially when customers yelled at you. But there were always diversions and meetings to break up the stress, Could have used a real cafeteria there instead of just a lunchroom, but they had to have savings somewhere. Great training, lots of it. No question was a dumb one, and the instructors were SO patient!

Our fantasy sports teams rocked!
I loved this job, my supervisors and my co-workers were awesome!
C.S.R. (Former Employee), Timmins, ONAugust 24, 2012
Pros: just a great place to work.
Cons: the salary wasn't great, not really a place to advance too far within the company.
I seemed to learn something new everyday. I was given leeway to be actually able to HELP the customers. You were given a sheet with times and days to pick from for your schedule. The more seniority you had the better chance of your pick being posted. My schedule was posted weeks in advance and you were allowed to switch with someone else if it didn't suit you. The schedule you received was for 3 months at a time.
My co-workers and my supervisors are some of the best people I have ever met.
It was a really fun place to work but also professional.
Good work where you can feel like you've helped someone
Tech Support (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 22, 2013
Pros: full time hours, consistancy in hours
Cons: wears on your psyche
I would answer calls, handle the call queue
I would help the customer with questions on their statements, make adjustments if valid errors were made, or assist with basic trouble shooting

The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers. The trick was to remain calm and try to guide the customer towards a peaceful resolution

I enjoyed helping others, whether it be to understand their statements, help them save money on overages, or to help get their equipment working
Very Good. Too bad it closed down.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 9, 2015
Pros: great management, good pay
Cons: phone calls
A typical day was handling inbound billing or technical support calls. With a few up-sales in between.
I learned a lot of customer service skills in the training sessions, and a little bit of technical experience from it as well.
Management was very good. They listened, they helped and always lead through example.
There was very little interaction from co-worker to co-worker, at least for me, cause we were constantly on calls.
The hardest part was the long hours, and the fact that I sometimes don't communicate that well from phone calls.
The most enjoyable part was the pay. The management was also very good.
I found it a challenging and educational place to work.
Telesales / Websales Escalations Specialist (Former Employee), Halifax, NSSeptember 3, 2012
Pros: there were bonuses for performance.
Cons: i can not htink of any.
• Escalation Specialist afforded me the uppermost resources to resolve difficult customer problems tactfully and effectively.
• Worked in Customer Care and Telesales Departments.
• Provided professional e-mail escalations support while handling telephone customers.
• Displayed fairness and flexibility with customer’s special request.
• Member of the Health and Safety committee.
• Maintained confidentiality.
• I received countless recognition awards for customer service. Weekly and Monthly quality reports were always favorable. Recognized for being solution minded and professional with clients.
Professional environment with a bunch of cards
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), North Bay, ONMarch 5, 2013
TeleTech was my first real career-type job after high school. I really enjoyed the professional atmosphere filled with interesting characters. When I started there were over 600 employees. I loved being in a sea of people all working together as one entity. It was almost like being at a festival five days a week. Excellent training program and ongoing coaching. They really pushed employees to meet targets and gave them incentives for doing so. They was opportunity for advancement and great benefits.
Very fast paced environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Orillia, ONJanuary 25, 2013
A typical work day at teletech consists of answering incoming phone calls about different companys such as a states based cable company, I learned how to deal with irate customers and how to work a computer program i never thought i could run. The people you work with both co workers and bosses are awesome people, The hardest part of working at teletech is the hundreds of phone calls you get in one 8 hour shift. The most enjoyable part of the day is listening in on someone elses calls while in training and learning new tatics on how to handle upset customers
Had access to computers on break and lunch
Recovered Clients. Researched Customer Issues (Former Employee), Renfrew, On. CanadaJanuary 27, 2012
Pros: occasional free lunch
Cons: the pay was not that great.
Fellow CSR's become very close to each other and wonderful bonds were formed.
More often then not when a request came down from the Corp.Office to assist a client with an issue, the agent would do all the work and the Supervisors would put their name on it and receive the Kudos as well as promotions, and it happened all the time.
They closed our site and took it Over Seas. Over 300 people lost their jobs.
Good Place to work enjoyed going in every day, great coworkers good management
Customer Representative (Former Employee), Timmins, ONOctober 14, 2015
Pros: Generally a good enviroment to work nothing negative to report
Cons: wages lower than norm at the time.
Great Place no real pressure good coworkers, good management minimal office politics. I gave Quality assurance a few gray hairs but my issue resolve stats and my client loyalty was second to none and quite often they sent prospective hires to sit with me to show them job was actually fun and not as scary as other agents described it.
good benifets from Rogers, friendly people
ISP Technician (Former Employee), Don Mills, ONAugust 8, 2015
Pros: cut rate Rogers bill, and and as much of a relaxed atmosphere as possible in such a place
Cons: unusual shifts, not always the same co-workers night to night
This was a call centre where the job had unusual shift times -5pm-2:15am for example I learned the importance of working with a team to achieve a common goal.The co-workers were mostly students, and had their own little "cliques" after hours,and management was mostly transient so it was hard to get to know them
Teletech was a nice place to work with
customer service represenatative (Former Employee), ONOctober 7, 2014
Pros: there are free lunh sometimes
Cons: overtimes are always present
Being with this company for more than years helped me a lot specially in molding my skills ,capabilities and even my communication skills.My co workers are so friendly and easy to deal with.The hardest part on this job was to have the late shift that cant change.the most enjoyable part on being with this s company is that a simple thanks are shown by giving some stuffs to all employees.
Comfortable working place
Customer Service Representative/ Call center Agent (Former Employee), PhilippinesSeptember 7, 2012
Typical day would have to be always on the phone taking orders from clients

I learned here how to cater to customers need via phone wherein it's a little bit challenging especially if the customer is an irate one.

Management wise it was good

Co-workers are all great, helping each other out.

Hardest part is the office is far from where I live

Most enjoyable part is resolving issues and making a customer satisfied.
Very fast-paced environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Orillia, ONMay 14, 2013
Pros: shift work
Cons: was being unable to help customers when towers were down, especially the first responders (police, fire, ambulance etc)
This job was very fast-paced. A lot of customers lived in the southern states and at that time they were having a lot of hurricanes ie., Hurricane Katrina.... a very hard time for everyone. Hard for the customers and hard for the technicians trying to assist. Co-workers and management were helpful. For me, the most enjoyable part was being able to assist and fix the customers issues in a positive way.
I also enjoyed the different shift work.
Headquarters