Telesolutions International Employee Reviews

Not the right environment for me.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 June 2017
Very noisy environment and a young group of staff. I have tried two different campaigns and found the managers to be very loud and pushy. They are not very helpful.
Pros
Cons
management that talks down to you.
Bland work environment
Customer service / Sales / Marketing specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 April 2017
Dimly-lit work area with constant flow of noise; task at hand is the only goal; very little work breaks.

Telesolutions, unlike other telecommunications work offices, has a very distasteful work environment, with similar kinds of employees. Everyone there seems only to be working for a cheque on the weekend, rather than in interest of what the company may hope to become.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Less-than-stellar employees
Fun work place
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 April 2017
Good work place overall, I don't like how we bother people on the phones all day, calling people that don't want to be called, and it could have more than just 1 break in an 8 hour day.
Pros
equal rights, easy advancement, garunteed work
Cons
Long hours, shady work, repetitive
the worst place i have ever worked
sales rep (Former Employee) –  winnipeg maniyoba24 February 2017
Total scam. Don't ever work there. Unless you're willing to get on your knees to get what you want. It's a corrupt wasteland. They lie about your wage and any commission you do make will be cut anyway. They will find SOME reason.. my direct manager was sleeping with one of the girls in the room... not only did everyone know about it. This loser flips out at any other girl that needs his help.. this guy loved the attention. So in addition to doing nothing about it he actually enjoys it. Pretty sad.
Pros
its over
Cons
everything
terrible company
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 February 2017
Small cramped rooms, Managment yells at you all day, computers are disgusting.... one bathroom.. always has someone in it probably trying to kill themselves..

no dont work here ever....
Pros
You get to go home eventually
Cons
everything, I would rather scoop poo all day
It was okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 September 2016
I enjoyed my direct manager, although the owner and other upper management are terrible. If you aren't part of the "boys club" advancing is highly unlikely.
Produtive & interesting
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 July 2016
Was a good work enviorment not many people were negative anout working there lay back job & helped me improve my people skills but a ton the bussiness & coworkers are great & they make it more enjoyable to be there
Pros
Improved my people skills
Cons
Short lunches
answered calls and tried to sell people their road side insurance
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 July 2016
it was awful because you had to deal with people calling in for different reasons and you have to sell the product to already angry people. the work was very sketchy and the pressure was enormous. They just fired tons of workers one day without compensation or warning. Very Very unprofessional.
scam, negative work place
Inbound Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 July 2016
I learned a lot at telesolutions about upsell but I was not very happy with the work we were forced to partake in including harassing customers hijacking American business and bank lines and falsely advertising
Pros
Cons
scamming people, shot pay cheques
It was horrible.
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 June 2016
Walking in to the building, there was not one smile on anybodies face. It was dull, tedious work with a boring environment.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
The best part of this job is the potential $50/day commission bonus
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 April 2016
Working part time at minimum wage 3 days a week for 3.5 hours per day with no break, I was making more in commissions for a day than I was from my actual hourly wage.

There is really little/no opportunity for growth and advancement, people who have been there 8 years get the same hourly wage as the newbies being trained and the ones who started last week.

Managers want you to be aggressive and loud and arrogant on the phone, asking every question in a way that makes the client answer "yes" and not taking no for an answer (unless no is required), they want you to make sales and get transfers at any cost but then when you do so they penalize you for doing this and that and the other thing that does not follow their protocol. If you don't make sales, you lose your job, simple.

Overall training really doesn't cover everything you need to know and the rules are very wishy washy, one manager will say "Yeah that is great keep it up!" and another will say "What possessed you to do that??!?" in regards to the same issues. I once went a month without work and there were times my paycheque was not ready on time.

Fine for a part time activity to kill time for a bit of change to line your pockets but definitely not a job you can depend on in the long run or even in 3-6 months without compromising your sanity and general well-being
Pros
commission/ sales bonus
Good hours with good pay.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 April 2016
Co-workers were always nice and always willing to lend a hand.
The hours were always a plus side to this job, able to switch between 7-3. 8-3 or a 9-5 shift to fit what your day needed.
Hardest part of this job is trying to sell people something they already have, over the phone to a company they've never heard of.
The most enjoyable part of this job would be the people you meet and the reward of pulling sales/making your commission.
Pros
Commission, people you meet, flexible hours
Cons
Miss a shift and you lose all of your commission for the week
Good overall
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 April 2016
good environment to work at, and great co-workers to be around, possibilities to advance and make good pay later on.

the supervisor was really helpful, the only reason I quit the job is I needed to be around my baby born so I couldn't continue over there, but recommended place to work at.
This place is terrible
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 March 2016
Let me tell you, i hated this place. Some of the Managers at this place are complete total rude people I was working one day and i wasn't getting enough sales for education and my boss and the stupid dumb supervisor made me sign a stupid contract saying that if i don't have more sales in the next week they are going to let me go. So signed the stupid thing and i left to go home. I quit that day I couldn't stand to go back to that dumb place! I legit hate every manger there they are all extremely rude i drive by that stupid place sometimes and their stupid signs saying dave made 26.00 a hour did you? like who cares.. I highly recommend not to work there because it is terrible and all those stupid people care about is money! SO GLAD I QUIT! NEVER WORKING FOR THESE DUMB PEOPLE AGAIN!
Alright place
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 March 2016
Its an alright place to work if youre despirate for money, but alot of things were said but were not given to us. small break room, only a small 30 min break, and looking at a screen and sitting down for 8 hours.
Pros
alright pay/money
Cons
long hours, short break
Fast paced, long hours.
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 March 2016
Telesolutions helped a lot with my communication skills. Supervisors and general management were very helpful. Coworkers were generally friendly. Hardest part about the job was working double shifts (12 hour shifts). Most enjoyable part about the job is earning commission.
Not very good
CSR (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 March 2016
I directly asked during the interview if there was an expected mininum quota and was told no. This was an outright lie as they did not tell me that if you have no 'sales' in the first 3 hours of your shift they send you home. They also hold your paycheque hostage when you quit.
My supervisor was nice and helped me as much as he could. The work was easy and at times rewarding if you're patient and like to help people. Co-workers were friendly. But not being given ALL the information I needed to make an informed decision about whether I wanted the job was highly unethical. Okay if you want to make some extra money. No good if you actually need to support yourself.
Pros
daytime schedule, ready bus access
Cons
very short break, low hours on cheques
horrible place to work you can't have a life and they put unrealistic expectations on you
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 February 2016
bad place and company the surpervisor and management put unrealistic expectations on new comers and the majority of it's staff they expect you to keep up with the top seller within the 1st week
Long sitting, but good money
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 January 2016
about 7-8 hours of sitting and constantly talking. Sometimes difficulty hearing customers through headsets. One small mistake would kill your sale, so have to be very careful in what you are saying. Sometimes you'll get angry/rude customers.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Long sitting
fun and easy place to work
Telephone Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 October 2015
I have worked for this company for many years, and I am grateful to the staff for the opportunity and for keeping me on as long as they have.
Pros
great hours
Cons
no advancement opportunities for myself