Telesolutions International Employee Reviews

the worst place i have ever worked
sales rep (Former Employee) –  winnipeg maniyoba24 February 2017
Total scam. Don't ever work there. Unless you're willing to get on your knees to get what you want. It's a corrupt wasteland. They lie about your wage and any commission you do make will be cut anyway. They will find SOME reason.. my direct manager was sleeping with one of the girls in the room... not only did everyone know about it. This loser flips out at any other girl that needs his help.. this guy loved the attention. So in addition to doing nothing about it he actually enjoys it. Pretty sad.
Pros
its over
Cons
everything
terrible company
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 February 2017
Small cramped rooms, Managment yells at you all day, computers are disgusting.... one bathroom.. always has someone in it probably trying to kill themselves..

no dont work here ever....
Pros
You get to go home eventually
Cons
everything, I would rather scoop poo all day
answered calls and tried to sell people their road side insurance
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 July 2016
it was awful because you had to deal with people calling in for different reasons and you have to sell the product to already angry people. the work was very sketchy and the pressure was enormous. They just fired tons of workers one day without compensation or warning. Very Very unprofessional.
Produtive & interesting
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 July 2016
Was a good work enviorment not many people were negative anout working there lay back job & helped me improve my people skills but a ton the bussiness & coworkers are great & they make it more enjoyable to be there
Pros
Improved my people skills
Cons
Short lunches
scam, negative work place
Inbound Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 July 2016
I learned a lot at telesolutions about upsell but I was not very happy with the work we were forced to partake in including harassing customers hijacking American business and bank lines and falsely advertising
Pros
Cons
scamming people, shot pay cheques
Good hours with good pay.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 April 2016
Co-workers were always nice and always willing to lend a hand.
The hours were always a plus side to this job, able to switch between 7-3. 8-3 or a 9-5 shift to fit what your day needed.
Hardest part of this job is trying to sell people something they already have, over the phone to a company they've never heard of.
The most enjoyable part of this job would be the people you meet and the reward of pulling sales/making your commission.
Pros
Commission, people you meet, flexible hours
Cons
Miss a shift and you lose all of your commission for the week
This place is terrible
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 March 2016
Let me tell you, i hated this place. Some of the Managers at this place are complete total rude people I was working one day and i wasn't getting enough sales for education and my boss and the stupid dumb supervisor made me sign a stupid contract saying that if i don't have more sales in the next week they are going to let me go. So signed the stupid thing and i left to go home. I quit that day I couldn't stand to go back to that dumb place! I legit hate every manger there they are all extremely rude i drive by that stupid place sometimes and their stupid signs saying dave made 26.00 a hour did you? like who cares.. I highly recommend not to work there because it is terrible and all those stupid people care about is money! SO GLAD I QUIT! NEVER WORKING FOR THESE DUMB PEOPLE AGAIN!
Not very good
CSR (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 March 2016
I directly asked during the interview if there was an expected mininum quota and was told no. This was an outright lie as they did not tell me that if you have no 'sales' in the first 3 hours of your shift they send you home. They also hold your paycheque hostage when you quit.
My supervisor was nice and helped me as much as he could. The work was easy and at times rewarding if you're patient and like to help people. Co-workers were friendly. But not being given ALL the information I needed to make an informed decision about whether I wanted the job was highly unethical. Okay if you want to make some extra money. No good if you actually need to support yourself.
Pros
daytime schedule, ready bus access
Cons
very short break, low hours on cheques
Good overall
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 April 2016
good environment to work at, and great co-workers to be around, possibilities to advance and make good pay later on.

the supervisor was really helpful, the only reason I quit the job is I needed to be around my baby born so I couldn't continue over there, but recommended place to work at.
It was horrible.
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 June 2016
Walking in to the building, there was not one smile on anybodies face. It was dull, tedious work with a boring environment.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fast paced, long hours.
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 March 2016
Telesolutions helped a lot with my communication skills. Supervisors and general management were very helpful. Coworkers were generally friendly. Hardest part about the job was working double shifts (12 hour shifts). Most enjoyable part about the job is earning commission.
Alright place
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 March 2016
Its an alright place to work if youre despirate for money, but alot of things were said but were not given to us. small break room, only a small 30 min break, and looking at a screen and sitting down for 8 hours.
Pros
alright pay/money
Cons
long hours, short break
horrible place to work you can't have a life and they put unrealistic expectations on you
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 February 2016
bad place and company the surpervisor and management put unrealistic expectations on new comers and the majority of it's staff they expect you to keep up with the top seller within the 1st week
Long sitting, but good money
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 January 2016
about 7-8 hours of sitting and constantly talking. Sometimes difficulty hearing customers through headsets. One small mistake would kill your sale, so have to be very careful in what you are saying. Sometimes you'll get angry/rude customers.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Long sitting
THE WORST
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 September 2015
They treat you like a number and send you home for no reason at all. They make you break the law on the phones and prevent you from getting your two 15 min breaks all day and every day.

They will suspend you unless your numbers are good, but not every day you can convince someone to go back to school. its hard. so numbers can be legitimately low and not our fault. its really weird stuff going on and may not be legal.
Pros
instant job
Cons
bad bad bad bosses, unless you got those round things on your chest and willing to put up with cat calls, suspensions for no reason or get suspended for calling your boss on his lie.
Freedom to work as much as you would like, and to receive great bonus's.
Telephone Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 November 2014
Everyday was the exact same. Received inbound calls and offered promotional offers. The hardest part was the rejection as well as limitations on receiving the bonus you've earned. It was a fun work environment with good people, but time was limited for conversations with co-workers due to the call volume.
Pros
Bonus's and good people
Cons
limitations, rejection and required over time hours
Called customers and sold magazines
Telephone Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  winnipeg, mb18 June 2012
Called customers all around USA and asked them survey questions which lead to me making a magazine package I thought they'd like and try sell them the package. The more sales that you made you would receive bonuses, supervisor would pick a number each day and you'd get cash at end of the day if you reached it. Also, more sales you made the more your pay would go up. I made up to $18 an hour one time because I'd always make a sale everyday either 2/3 a day. Hardest part of the job is when you'd try your hardest to make a sale but some days all the customers would yell and hang up. We'd get 30 minute lunch breaks. I started after school and ended at 1030 and didn't stay long because I needed to focus on school and graduate.
Pros
the more sales you make the more you get paid
fun and easy place to work
Telephone Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 October 2015
I have worked for this company for many years, and I am grateful to the staff for the opportunity and for keeping me on as long as they have.
Pros
great hours
Cons
no advancement opportunities for myself
Fun co-workers, very little communication/support, short break
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 May 2015
Overall my experience wasn't that great, there is very little support for employees during their shifts (dealing with constant rejection and inadequate training) you will be sent home early regardless of the effort you put into the shift. No communication whatsoever with the employees regarding expectations which creates a false sense of doing the job well. Claim to be open to script suggestions - THEY ARE NOT. It's their way or the highway. Method of payment is weird....direct deposit is WAY easier and environmentally friendly. The lunch break is EXTREMELY short (not 30 minutes) and the lunch room in the main building doesn't have a fridge.

However, I did improve on my skills overall which will help me in my Administrative background.
Pros
Enjoyable co-workers, full work day usually
Cons
No support, short lunch break, inadequate training, no direct deposit
Work literally ANYWHERE else...
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 October 2015
Worst mistake ever. Only work here when all else fails, actually scratch that, being broke and homeless would actually be better then working here.
Pretty sure that "programs" they are trying to get us to sell are a giant scam (they make us claim were somewhere else then where we are if people ask)
Lunch break is almost nonexistent. They make you take ONE half hour break (they don't let you split it into two 15s even).
Computers you use look like they're from 1995, pretty sure I got an ear infection from the headsets.
Pay is OK but they pay you by manual cheque (no direct deposit) which they use to manipulate people (ie, come in and work Saturday get your cheque). Also if you miss a day during the week even for a legit reason (funeral) you still don't get your cheque on Saturday even if you work.

This whole place is a scam, stay away. Work ANYWHERE else.
Pros
OK money sometimes
Cons
Only one short break, no direct deposit, terrible management, quality of equipment, repetitive work, programs were trying to sell people are not real, mandatory Saturdays

1.8