Teleperformance Employee Reviews

Great atmospher to work in
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2016
I learned how to better my craft, I learned to to not let anyone walk over me, to stand up for what I belive in.
They helped better my customer service skill while I was working there
This is a dead-end job. Worst place to work.
customer service (Former Employee) –  Montreal-est, QC3 January 2016
Worked here for over a year now and let me summarize WHY you shouldn't work or even think about working here for a long period of time.

1. THEY OVERWORK THEIR STAFF (it may sound general as there are many campaigns at Teleperformance but my campaign specifically, burns the heck out of everyone most especially the hardworking staff)

2. THEY DO NOT REWARD GOOD WORK. They would only offer "GRATUITY" when they need to suck something out of the few good people they have. In exchange of that "BONUS", you have to basically be their slave. If u didn't perform good enough, well, no bonus. And where does that bonus go? God knows where. As far as i am concerned, BONUSes exist because it is a REWARD for an exceptional performance. But Teleperformance make it look like we are dogs hungry for bones so unless you (as a dog) perform a clever trick, no bones for you. Sorry.

3. UNPROFESSIONAL LEADERS. Supervisors and managers should be there to guide you at your task and help bring out the best in you. But it is the other way around. Supervisors would avoid escalated calls 99% of the time. Call it lazy or incompetent but they get nothing done and only worries about the production yield. So yes, there is a HIGH TURNOVER rate.

4. THEY PROMOTE THE WRONG PEOPLE. They promise that there will be a "room for improvement". This is a complete lie. How does one person promote another? There are several things to consider but you OBVIOUSLY do not promote someone just because they are your "buddies" off work. Not because someone is punctual BUT is utterly clueless of the job means that person
  more... gets promoted. The promotion at my campaign was a complete JOKE. All the negative feed backs a hardworking staff can think of are all here.

I/We are not treated fairly at this place. You might wanna consider these abovementioned feed backs before applying unless you are desperate and/or do not mind losing your sanity.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
EVERYTHING
Worked well with friendly co-workers
outbound customer care and inbound tech support (Former Employee) –  Peterborough , ON8 August 2012
The day began with a pre-shift meeting to discuss current concerns, events , etc
While at Teleperformance I learned better how to improve my telephone manner and how to read into our customers's demeanor at the time of the call and how best to approach them.

My co-workers were very helpful when I needed advice or assistance, and I returned in kind.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with an irate customer

The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of leaving that irate customer in a better mood than they were before we spoke
Pros
pizza days
Cons
management would sometimes be unprepared re: pertinent changes in customer discount information.
Flexible work hours and a fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2014
Teleperformance majorly deals with third-party companies and provides them with customer service representatives whose primary job is to make sales for the respective company and portray it in positive light with respect to its competitors. A typical day at work involved making phone calls to the customers and dealing with them in a professional manner. Working at the company for almost four years, I learned that meeting daily, weekly and monthly sales quota was a hard task but it was doable. Sales quota and team performance was vital to the company. The co-workers always supported and helped each other even from different teams.
The hardest part of the job was to maintain the monthly sales quota, call quality and wrap-up time of the call. As well as, professionally dealing with escalated calls.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to meet the sales.
Pros
team lunches
Cons
unprofessional management
Professional, punctual, motivated, takes work ethics very seriously.
Technical support (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 April 2015
Most of days, I come early to work, make my self Comfortable then start of my work duties.
I leaned that persistence, hardwork, and Professionalism pays off.
Management is the brain of a work environment keeps thing rolling. co workers are the bone structure of a work place, work cannot be done without them. Hardest part of the job is when it becomes a daily routine, no challenge. Most enjoyable part of them job is when to receive more duties and responsibilities.
Efficient, spartan and enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON15 October 2014
The job itself was somewhat irritating, working for Verizon on their DSL system. However co-workers were supportive and helpful, management was lenient and co-operative, overall a positive experience.
Hardest part was not losing your cool when speaking to irritating, obtuse, short tempered customers. Also the break time limits were very strictly enforced, and timed to the second.
Most enjoyable part was working with many easy to get along with people, and overall just the positive working environment. Had loads of fun, on and off the job. That mute button was very well used.
Pros
Arcade games in breakroom
Cons
Customers
If only things worked
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2015
I was working for less than a year, at the beginning it was great, and over time it just wasn't for me . The people are great , management was alright.
Too much emphasis on sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON9 December 2015
Bell TV customer service representative, too much emphasis placed on sales though most of the clients we interacted with were displeased with the service
Fast Paced, Call center
Customer Service REP/FLOOR MANAGER/VERIFIER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2012
Good job advancement opportunities ... typical day is just me making sure everything and everyone is working and there's no problems or issues on the working floor.. ive learned alot just by the amount of responsibilities they have given me .. Love my co workers they made it fun to come into to work everyday... everyone got along, hardest part of the job , is seeing sum ones potential to do better with there required quota's and see them feel discouraged..
Pros
good location.
Cons
not enough shifts..hours and or leads
Call Centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2013
This was a job where I had to answer phone calls from home phone customers and help them with their billing queries and also help them with the calling features additions or removal.

I liked this job because it did not involve selling anything over the phone and the task was very structured. I learned then that every a very specific system of computation is used for every task.

The management was good.

My co-workers were fabulous. It was very pleasant to see people from various different educational and diverse backgrounds came together to do the same job and I made some great friends who have now become close family friends.

Hardest part of this job was that I had to have the headset on for the whole day, except at lunch and that actually gave me migraine.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to interact with various customers, attend to their queries and some people were really pleasant to talk to. I also like the fact that I made so many friends, it was a friendly workplace.
Pros
good working ambiance.
Cons
headphones!!!!!
Great part-time job for a student
Applecare: Technical support (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 March 2015
This job is very flexible and allows for a manageable schedule for a full-time student. The management can be a little unorganized at times, but for the most part are great. The co-workers are the best part of the job as they're very diverse, and a great team to work with. The hardest part of the job would be having to deal with angry customers. The most enjoyable part of the job would be to help someone in need and to hear their satisfaction.
Very stressful job with not enough stress relief options.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON13 December 2013
Working for Teleperformance was different, in a typical day you might work on trouble shooting, helping the customer fix the tv so they could watch the special program that night or it might be helping a customer figure out all the charges on the bill. You were always informing the customer of the products and services that were available to purchase and which ones might increase their enjoyment of watching television. Management was good to work for, if you showed up to work and did your job, the management was great. Management stood behind you if you had any issues or concerns. My co-workers were like family, we still keep in touch. The hardest part of the job was to help the angry customers that called in yelling and screaming at something the company did, you listened but got the brunt of the call. The most enjoyable part of the job was your co workers, they were always there to help whether it was work or family associated.
Pros
Bonuses, free merchandise from the sponsors
Cons
The abuse from the customers
wage and type of work was not equal
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON22 May 2013
I worked for Teleperformance for over 7 years and found for the most part it was a good place to work. At least, as far as the people I worked with and some people in management. As in all work forces there is good and bad.
There needed to be more weekend fairness and days off in a row.
There needed to be more training ahead of new things coming out instead of waiting until after the fact. Hard to tell a customer that you had to check on their questions instead of knowing right away.
Pros
I worked with great people
Cons
bad hours and bad pay
Interesting workplace
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON30 January 2015
Teleperformance was always a interesting place to work. In some departments that I worked in the manager that I had was excellent. She always cared about us and did everything to ensure we were treated fairly. However the human resources department did not care about you and always did what they could to make you're life terrible. The wage was a interesting topic as well. After a year of working at Teleperformance they implemented a wage balance. Everyone regardless of experience was automatically put into groupings. The co workers were great initially however very quickly the entire workplace revealed itself to be reminiscent of highchool teenager drama that could barely be avoided.
Frindly working environment
Technical Support Specialist - Apple IOS campaign (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 January 2015
In a typical day at work I help customers resolve technical issues with their Apple IOS devices and accounts. I learnt a lot about IOS and Apple products. The hardest part of the job was to help a customer who is very upset or frustrated. The best part of the job was the friendly working environment with clients, co-workers and team members.
Pros
Flexible shedules
Cons
No career prospect
television
Bilingual Sales-Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  canada montreal10 November 2015
 Managed sales transactions for the cell phone provider Bell Mobilité
 Provided customer service for the dish network company Bell Express Vu
Satisfactory work environment.
Live Chat Associate- Home Depot Canada (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 September 2015
It was a decent place to work, with good employees. Supervisors however, were disorganized and disrespectful. Pay also did not match the work load that was expected of employees.
Employees = Robot
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 February 2015
The only thing I actually like about that job is that you can have a schedule working with your school hours. But besides that its a really bad job. Their management sucks really bad they if you reach the objectifs you only get a congratulations from your sup and thats all and iff you dont reach it oh god youre going to get an headache.

The HR doesnt even know all of the laws as she didnt know that when its the election day must have 4 consecutive hours of free time to go vote and if those hours are on our shift time they have to pay it. I actually had to call les normes du travail and they told me to warn them that if they dont pay me i have to fill a complaint. Thats when they approved to pay my hour.

They dont have close washroom to go it takes about 3 minutes just to get there and they ask you to log yourself out before going there and they only pay 1% of your day back for your toilet time. Just calculate 1% of your total shift it equals 4.8 minutes. Ive called again les normes du travail and they told me to fill a complaint. As I am a student I dont have time to do this.

I could tell you more about that but i would have to write a novel.
Pros
some of the supervisors are actually `human``, work schedul fits you school schedule
Cons
HR, Management, Washroom, etc.
Productive & fun working atmosphere,
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2015
Everyday is a typical day for me.
New software, new working culture, Extracting & implementing ideas
Very good management with great support
Nothing felt yet
Working in the team
Great introduction to call centre experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON14 January 2015
As an inbound agent completely new to the experience of working in a call centre for customer care, I found the environment and opportunity within Teleperformance to be considerably surprising in great ways.
The environment, training methods and staff made for a very great team to work alongside.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement