Teleperformance Employee Reviews

LEARNT MORE ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE REP
HANDLING CUSTOMERS
HANDLING ALL SOFTWARES
FUN WITH WORKING WITH CO-WORKERS
Pros
MEDICAL BENEFITS
Cons
ENJOYABLE WORKING LONG HOURS
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2015
Typical day at work starts at 1pm. Work with BMO Harris bank and take calls from client based. Learned communication with customers and management including co-workers. Hardest part of the job is convincing customers but the most enjoyable part is making them trust me as an agent on the call
Frindly working environment
Technical Support Specialist - Apple IOS campaign (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 January 2015
In a typical day at work I help customers resolve technical issues with their Apple IOS devices and accounts. I learnt a lot about IOS and Apple products. The hardest part of the job was to help a customer who is very upset or frustrated. The best part of the job was the friendly working environment with clients, co-workers and team members.
Pros
Flexible shedules
Cons
No career prospect
Employees = Robot
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 February 2015
The only thing I actually like about that job is that you can have a schedule working with your school hours. But besides that its a really bad job. Their management sucks really bad they if you reach the objectifs you only get a congratulations from your sup and thats all and iff you dont reach it oh god youre going to get an headache.

The HR doesnt even know all of the laws as she didnt know that when its the election day must have 4 consecutive hours of free time to go vote and if those hours are on our shift time they have to pay it. I actually had to call les normes du travail and they told me to warn them that if they dont pay me i have to fill a complaint. Thats when they approved to pay my hour.

They dont have close washroom to go it takes about 3 minutes just to get there and they ask you to log yourself out before going there and they only pay 1% of your day back for your toilet time. Just calculate 1% of your total shift it equals 4.8 minutes. Ive called again les normes du travail and they told me to fill a complaint. As I am a student I dont have time to do this.

I could tell you more about that but i would have to write a novel.
Pros
some of the supervisors are actually `human``, work schedul fits you school schedule
Cons
HR, Management, Washroom, etc.
goal driven working environment
Customer Service Repretsentative (Former Employee) –  philippines7 June 2015
we are always motivated to provide great customer service . The management gives us quick weekly evaluations to make sure we are fully equipped with right information and skills to finish our job
Pros
good overtime pay
Cons
graveyard shifts
Amazing Workplace and Friendly environment - Opportunity to grow and learn , supportive management and lots of rewards including gift cards and goodis
Recruitment Coordinator / Employee Engagement (Current Employee) –  Toronto5 March 2015
workable
sales rep (Former Employee) –  sherbourn14 May 2014
A typical day at work would be making outbound calls to rogers customers meeting our goal of sales
I learned how to speak an have control of my anger when it comes to ignorant customers
management was every easy going an helpful
co-workers where friendly
the hardest part of work was dealing with customers that never gave u a chance to explain your self as to why your calling an trying to help them.
the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to see my pay
Kind of OK if you are bilingual. Otherwise, steer away.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2015
I have worked at two call centers before I did at Teleperformance. I'm used to how bad they are and how testing the inherent nature of the work is. I still have yet to find a more frustrating job than this one, however. The manager in particular has no respect for basic worker's right and I've seen her personally threaten at least one employee with termination because they were sick and decided they needed to leave in the middle of their shift. I saw a supervisor (reluctantly) write up an employee who had to leave in the middle of their shift to attend to a personal emergency. Outside of one time when EMTs were called, I have never seen an employee be able to leave work without serious consequences regardless of the cause for leave being more than valid.

The co-workers make everything easier though. There's something about a call center that brings in a certain kind of person that usually has no illusions about the work and just makes it fun for people. But the pay is negligible (I personally had a bilingual bonus that made my life somewhat easier so I can't entirely complain); the hours and scheduling basically mean you can forget about doing anything else with your time for most of the week; plus you will be too tired to do anything else when you're actually free and most importantly the job is pretty much a dead end unless you fit a very narrow standard of excellency. And even then, supervisors only get paid something vaguely resembling a living wage, from what I understand.

The job itself, though, is as easy as it gets, really. Once you get over the angry/frustrated
  more... customer part, you are just handling transactions and providing minimal tech support. And honestly a good 30% of the highlights of your day will be making people's lives easier just by fixing their TV and letting them unwind. It's just everything else about the job that will eat at you.  less
Pros
Easy going co-workers, emotionally rewarding work
Cons
Low pay, long hours, no shift mobility, terrible management
Great introduction to call centre experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON14 January 2015
As an inbound agent completely new to the experience of working in a call centre for customer care, I found the environment and opportunity within Teleperformance to be considerably surprising in great ways.
The environment, training methods and staff made for a very great team to work alongside.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Terrible company to work for
Senior Relationship Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 June 2013
Terrible company to work for.

Upper management never told us anything that was going on and assured us that we would have jobs for the long term only to lay use off two week later. They lost the contract with the client months in advance and rather than tell us that we were locked out of the building one day with no warning.
Pros
Cons
Terrible management team
television
Bilingual Sales-Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  canada montreal10 November 2015
 Managed sales transactions for the cell phone provider Bell Mobilité
 Provided customer service for the dish network company Bell Express Vu
High Paced, high volume, great team members
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON2 September 2014
Over all SPI was a great place to work that continually changed it's culture and continued to place emphasis on forward thinking.

There was never a day without a new challenge, whether it be an internal, external, environmental or supply challenge that myself and the team could not find a viable solution to accommodate all in order to provide best in class customer service.
lack of proper training and support
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON3 February 2013
- call previous customers to sell products and services
- learned that not many people like calls from telemarketers/sales agents
-management was not professional and tended to play favortisim
-coworkers were friendly
-hardest part was dealing with irate customers
-most enjoyable was being able to participate in company draws and contests
Pros
prizes for sales and attendance
Cons
having to call irate customers
great exprience
In Bound Call Center (Former Employee) –  thunder bay11 August 2013
A typical day would be answering calls .... learned great communication skills and listening skills, the management was fair co worker were awesome. the hardest part was not talking work home learning the balance most enjoyable was hearing delight from clients .However this was a great oppertunity I wasnt really enteracting with people
Pros
co workers
Cons
stressful at times
management runs is not so great
Customer Service/SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2015
most times the management is not sure what they are doing and sometimes having to speak to team leaders is a little hard because of the fact that we as agents know more about hot to troubleshoot than a team lead
Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto5 October 2015
It was my first and only experience working for a Canadian company.I enjoyed my job and it was a good company to work with.
Fast paced
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2012
Very fast pace working enironment maintaining multiple campaigns both inbound and outbound. Responsible for overall operations of call centre. Learned to multitask, outside of box thinking, working together with managers of all departments to achieve daily, weekly, monthly company goals.
Pros
responsible for retaining and increasing business of call centre from 40 to 2000 seats.
Cons
green eexecutives
b
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON25 October 2015
why must i do this for a second time i just did this silly thing already. this seems kind of redundant to me blah blah blah blah
Interesting workplace
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON30 January 2015
Teleperformance was always a interesting place to work. In some departments that I worked in the manager that I had was excellent. She always cared about us and did everything to ensure we were treated fairly. However the human resources department did not care about you and always did what they could to make you're life terrible. The wage was a interesting topic as well. After a year of working at Teleperformance they implemented a wage balance. Everyone regardless of experience was automatically put into groupings. The co workers were great initially however very quickly the entire workplace revealed itself to be reminiscent of highchool teenager drama that could barely be avoided.
Satisfactory work environment.
Live Chat Associate- Home Depot Canada (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 September 2015
It was a decent place to work, with good employees. Supervisors however, were disorganized and disrespectful. Pay also did not match the work load that was expected of employees.