Teleperformance Employee Reviews in Canada

workable
sales rep (Former Employee) –  sherbournMay 14, 2014
A typical day at work would be making outbound calls to rogers customers meeting our goal of sales
I learned how to speak an have control of my anger when it comes to ignorant customers
management was every easy going an helpful
co-workers where friendly
the hardest part of work was dealing with customers that never gave u a chance to explain your self as to why your calling an trying to help them.
the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to see my pay
Fun workplace with great coworkers and amazing managers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONApril 29, 2015
This job taught me how to deal with really stressful situations well. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the customers with tough situations as well as working together with my coworkers.
Terrible company to work for
Senior Relationship Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJune 3, 2013
Terrible company to work for.

Upper management never told us anything that was going on and assured us that we would have jobs for the long term only to lay use off two week later. They lost the contract with the client months in advance and rather than tell us that we were locked out of the building one day with no warning.
Cons
terrible management team
lack of proper training and support
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONFebruary 3, 2013
- call previous customers to sell products and services
- learned that not many people like calls from telemarketers/sales agents
-management was not professional and tended to play favortisim
-coworkers were friendly
-hardest part was dealing with irate customers
-most enjoyable was being able to participate in company draws and contests
Pros
prizes for sales and attendance
Cons
having to call irate customers
great exprience
In Bound Call Center (Former Employee) –  thunder bayAugust 11, 2013
A typical day would be answering calls .... learned great communication skills and listening skills, the management was fair co worker were awesome. the hardest part was not talking work home learning the balance most enjoyable was hearing delight from clients .However this was a great oppertunity I wasnt really enteracting with people
Pros
co workers
Cons
stressful at times
Fast paced
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 3, 2012
Very fast pace working enironment maintaining multiple campaigns both inbound and outbound. Responsible for overall operations of call centre. Learned to multitask, outside of box thinking, working together with managers of all departments to achieve daily, weekly, monthly company goals.
Pros
responsible for retaining and increasing business of call centre from 40 to 2000 seats.
Cons
green eexecutives
assist cellular customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMay 6, 2015
customer service and tech support for cellular phones, assisted in billing and payments as well as tech support for devices and functions and services associated with cellular device.
Plenty of hours, benefits, place that tries hard to make it fun to work there.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Typical day at work is logging to your systems and being busy all day long taking calls from usually upset customers, and the volume of calls is endless most of the time and so there is no time to breathe or sip a drink between calls. You deal with a lot of angry and upset people, but also speak with nice and happy people as well. You must log on time, take your breaks on time, be back from break on time, follow rules regarding call handle time, after call time, must remember your p's and q's for quality purposes. One usually gets heck from customers all day long who tell you you don't know your job (when you can't give them what they demand...like free service or half the billing credited...because they forgot to pay last month...) and you get constant 'coaching' from supervisors so you always feel you are never good enough no matter what. One must have a thick skin and good sense of humor to work at a call centre. The customers can be rough on you but the managment at Teleperformance tries hard to make the work environment good for the people working there, they want people to stay. There has usually been plenty of work, and over time is often available for those who want to work, and there are benefits for dental, medical, and vision care. Best part of the job is that most of the time there is plenty work, good benefits and nice people to work with. Hardest part is not letting some of the angrier and nastier callers from ruining your day...you'll need learn to leave it all behind and let it go when you log off at the end of the day.
Pros
plenty hours, benefits, company that wants you to stay and work there
Cons
angry, difficult customers
Rewards and in house promos
Outbound CS Representative - Rogers Wireless (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 16, 2013
The day starts with a info session. Did a lot of floor support for the supervisor. The management structure is rather weak and ever changing with new faces creating an imbalance from staff. The work environment and hours of inconsistent. The diversity is the key.
Pros
multicultarism
Cons
hours of work
A friendly place and easy to adapt
Sales Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  CairoMay 29, 2012
I learned to be patient with old customer and others with limited intelligence.

My co-workers are very friendly and nice people.

The hardest part of my job is the timing, i was working over night shifts.

The work was really easy to understand, work life at the company is really easy.
A very exciting and good company to work
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2015
At 5:00pm in the evening, I go on the phones. I log in my station and start dialing. I make around 80 calls a day. I deal with irate customers and listen to them and try to solve their problems.
Pros
free give aways to the persom with the most sale
Cons
irate customers
It was a great place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMarch 28, 2015
Wish it did not fold!! Loved doing sales..Received awards for my work..Miss the people i worked with..Great place to work..The job was very stressful but nothing I could not handle..
Pros
Top performer 4 yrs in a row
Cons
Short lunches
Thankless and Humiliating
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONJuly 29, 2014
The concept of this call center is to undercut unionized call center labour and the people of canada. It is called insourcing I believe. The pay was horrible. For the work that was done with the sensitive material used the pay was sub par. The scheduling was unregulated so breaks were never the same. The actual shifts varied from day to day. It even changed during shifts. Their policy was all for the company and none for the people or should I say Sheeple. This is how we were treated.
Cons
bad hours, bad location, bad treatment, emotional scars that will never heal
Customer Service Related
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMarch 18, 2015
Answer queued call from customers relating to issues with the services, bills and orders

Noted accounts through database

Completed adjustments on accounts for customers

Company is no longer in business due to site closure
Pros
very friendly
good people
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 11, 2015
Good team mates, that's all…
I like to help my clients to resolve their issues.
Down town and close to the subway.
Dealing with worldwide customers is what I have learned
Family-like workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 26, 2013
Receive incoming calls from people with various educations and cultures
Difficult to help (the minority) frustrated customers
Exciting to be showered with all kind of thankgiving from (the majority) of satisfied customers
Family-like work environment
Lots of Opportunity
Outbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  TorontoMarch 12, 2015
I have only worked here for 6 months but already have been able to apply for other departments. I see at least 2 internal jobs get posted a week. Fun days with food carts and activities.
Pros
lots of friends
Cons
dealing with angry customers
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 5, 2014
The job was fun but management wasn't always well structured, friendly but they sometimes lack communication with the different levels of the hierarchy.

Got great people skills from there.
Pros
relatively easy job
Cons
constant miscommunications
customer service representative
Customer Service representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 19, 2013
• Represented Roger’s product information in a professional manner while providing a high standard of customer service
• Accountable for promoting and selling the Roger’s products such as cable TV, internet, phone
• Handled and processed sales order and ensured effective customer service to satisfy customers by offering fair deals and accurate calculations on spot
• Work supportively with team members to solve issues coordinately
• Strategic-relationship/partnership-building skills, listen attentively, solve problems creatively, and use tact and diplomacy to find common ground and achieve win-win outcomes.
calm,fun productive environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2013
management was not all that fun, but when they were they made it worth while.
my co-workers and supervisors, they were amazing people, very fun and up beat to work with.
Pros
christmas party
Cons
not enough hrs