Teleperformance Employee Reviews

boring
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, OntarioSeptember 2, 2015
They had a lot of nice events and opportunities for over time. I would answer phone calls constantly. they had an awesome pool table and a great break room. awesome benefits and great coworkers
Great place to start your career in customer service !!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 11, 2015
As this is an outsource company -you learn to adapt to new campaigns as well as use different types of software !! Worked on bell campaign ,help train others, Save the children and help desk !! Worked with a lot of wonderful supervisors and had no issue with managemant !!
Pros
Meeting people with different cultures, learn a lot about different software and being adaptable !!
Cons
When you do not fall into a clic - hard to get advancement opportunities !!
nice place to work
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONAugust 8, 2015
Love it there because everybody is cool including the managers, supervisors and fellow employees along with most of the customers, and if you need a day off they don't question you about it!
Pros
cafeteria in same building
Cons
unable to be promoted
goal driven working environment
Customer Service Repretsentative (Former Employee) –  philippinesJune 7, 2015
we are always motivated to provide great customer service . The management gives us quick weekly evaluations to make sure we are fully equipped with right information and skills to finish our job
Pros
good overtime pay
Cons
graveyard shifts
Kind of OK if you are bilingual. Otherwise, steer away.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 12, 2015
I have worked at two call centers before I did at Teleperformance. I'm used to how bad they are and how testing the inherent nature of the work is. I still have yet to find a more frustrating job than this one, however. The manager in particular has no respect for basic worker's right and I've seen her personally threaten at least one employee with termination because they were sick and decided they needed to leave in the middle of their shift. I saw a supervisor (reluctantly) write up an employee who had to leave in the middle of their shift to attend to a personal emergency. Outside of one time when EMTs were called, I have never seen an employee be able to leave work without serious consequences regardless of the cause for leave being more than valid.

The co-workers make everything easier though. There's something about a call center that brings in a certain kind of person that usually has no illusions about the work and just makes it fun for people. But the pay is negligible (I personally had a bilingual bonus that made my life somewhat easier so I can't entirely complain); the hours and scheduling basically mean you can forget about doing anything else with your time for most of the week; plus you will be too tired to do anything else when you're actually free and most importantly the job is pretty much a dead end unless you fit a very narrow standard of excellency. And even then, supervisors only get paid something vaguely resembling a living wage, from what I understand.

The job itself, though, is as easy as it gets, really. Once you get over the angry/frustrated
  more... customer part, you are just handling transactions and providing minimal tech support. And honestly a good 30% of the highlights of your day will be making people's lives easier just by fixing their TV and letting them unwind. It's just everything else about the job that will eat at you.  less
Pros
Easy going co-workers, emotionally rewarding work
Cons
Low pay, long hours, no shift mobility, terrible management
assist cellular customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMay 6, 2015
customer service and tech support for cellular phones, assisted in billing and payments as well as tech support for devices and functions and services associated with cellular device.
Is a stepping stone job
Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 30, 2015
I do my work and help other agents out if they have questions. I learned how to handle very angry people. The management sucks, they do not know what they are doing.
Pros
It's a job & has benefits
Cons
They do not care about their empolyees
Fun workplace with great coworkers and amazing managers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONApril 29, 2015
This job taught me how to deal with really stressful situations well. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the customers with tough situations as well as working together with my coworkers.
Professional, punctual, motivated, takes work ethics very seriously.
Technical support (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 27, 2015
Most of days, I come early to work, make my self Comfortable then start of my work duties.
I leaned that persistence, hardwork, and Professionalism pays off.
Management is the brain of a work environment keeps thing rolling. co workers are the bone structure of a work place, work cannot be done without them. Hardest part of the job is when it becomes a daily routine, no challenge. Most enjoyable part of them job is when to receive more duties and responsibilities.
Productive & fun working atmosphere,
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 23, 2015
Everyday is a typical day for me.
New software, new working culture, Extracting & implementing ideas
Very good management with great support
Nothing felt yet
Working in the team
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 18, 2015
Typical day at work starts at 1pm. Work with BMO Harris bank and take calls from client based. Learned communication with customers and management including co-workers. Hardest part of the job is convincing customers but the most enjoyable part is making them trust me as an agent on the call
good people
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 11, 2015
Good team mates, that's all…
I like to help my clients to resolve their issues.
Down town and close to the subway.
Dealing with worldwide customers is what I have learned
It was a great place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMarch 28, 2015
Wish it did not fold!! Loved doing sales..Received awards for my work..Miss the people i worked with..Great place to work..The job was very stressful but nothing I could not handle..
Pros
Top performer 4 yrs in a row
Cons
Short lunches
COOL PLACE TO WORK IF ONLY THE THE JOB WAS FULLTIME
Customer service associate (Current Employee) –  BIRCHMOUNT TORONTO ONTARIOMarch 28, 2015
its indeed a great place to work. we are hired by Teleperformance to work for Scotiabank at their facility at Birchmount.
Cons
part time
Good for beginners
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2015
Good for people who wanted to work in a Call Center. Performers can grow within the company. Have flexible shifts. Hourly salary is low with comparison to other call centers.
Bad Company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONMarch 25, 2015
Teleperformance Thunder Bay in my opinion has been set up to fail ever since we lost our Microsoft client, it has been a horrible work environment for the last 4 years and it has only gotten worse as time goes on.
Pros
Nice Co-workers
Cons
Bad pay, no salary increases and horrible management
management runs is not so great
Customer Service/SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2015
most times the management is not sure what they are doing and sometimes having to speak to team leaders is a little hard because of the fact that we as agents know more about hot to troubleshoot than a team lead
Customer Service Related
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMarch 18, 2015
Answer queued call from customers relating to issues with the services, bills and orders

Noted accounts through database

Completed adjustments on accounts for customers

Company is no longer in business due to site closure
Pros
very friendly
Lots of Opportunity
Outbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  TorontoMarch 12, 2015
I have only worked here for 6 months but already have been able to apply for other departments. I see at least 2 internal jobs get posted a week. Fun days with food carts and activities.
Pros
lots of friends
Cons
dealing with angry customers
Great part-time job for a student
Applecare: Technical support (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 12, 2015
This job is very flexible and allows for a manageable schedule for a full-time student. The management can be a little unorganized at times, but for the most part are great. The co-workers are the best part of the job as they're very diverse, and a great team to work with. The hardest part of the job would be having to deal with angry customers. The most enjoyable part of the job would be to help someone in need and to hear their satisfaction.