Teleperformance Employee Reviews

LEARNT MORE ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE REP
HANDLING CUSTOMERS
HANDLING ALL SOFTWARES
FUN WITH WORKING WITH CO-WORKERS
Pros
MEDICAL BENEFITS
Cons
ENJOYABLE WORKING LONG HOURS
it is a fun and productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 January 2016
It is a fun and productive place to work. Hours are flexible and colleagues are super nice. The culture of the organization is not too mechanistic, it is more organic. The company response well with the changing environment.
comfortable but not professional
Customer care and Technical support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2015
It is easy money but not long carrier, you will find multi cultures and you will enjoy that.

the management not professional but helpful
Great place to start your career in customer service !!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 August 2015
As this is an outsource company -you learn to adapt to new campaigns as well as use different types of software !! Worked on bell campaign ,help train others, Save the children and help desk !! Worked with a lot of wonderful supervisors and had no issue with managemant !!
Pros
Meeting people with different cultures, learn a lot about different software and being adaptable !!
Cons
When you do not fall into a clic - hard to get advancement opportunities !!
motivating team members
Ios technical support (Former Employee) –  Montreal-est, QC5 February 2016
great place to work, learned how to troubleshoot technical problems ft ios devices, co workers were supportive and motivating. hardest part of the job would be to have the client understand that the steps you are taking re to help
OK place to work
Apple Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 January 2016
the job is simple, co workers are great and friendly, management needs some improvement. They also provide room to grow which is great.
good working environment
Technical support Representative (Former Employee) –  Philippines24 October 2013
the place is nice and cozy, the people are energetic and enthusiastic
Pros
good salary, nice benefits were given
Cons
the location is a bit far and dangerous, got robbed due to its dark dim area and surroundings
Sales
Technical Service Representative Toshiba Account (Former Employee) –  Metro Manila Philippines11 September 2013
Sales is hard but challenging
Love the people there.
Competitive Salary
Great workplace
hectic Schedules
use to be
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2016
no reviews use to like working there until hours was cut and started a full time position ended up part time work nothing more to say
Pros
nope
My Review
Customer Care and Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON3 January 2013
I enjoyed working with teleperformance in the past and thought it was well managed. They had good benefits for employees and good training.
Ok as a transitional job
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 December 2015
Depending on the department you work in, it can be enjoyable or not. I learned a lot of things about e-commerce and the products. I would stay away from the customer complaints dept if you don't want to depress. Other depts are ok.Pay could be better for the job.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, friendly colleagues
Cons
30 min lunch, breaks at strange times
Plenty of hours, benefits, place that tries hard to make it fun to work there.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON28 January 2015
Typical day at work is logging to your systems and being busy all day long taking calls from usually upset customers, and the volume of calls is endless most of the time and so there is no time to breathe or sip a drink between calls. You deal with a lot of angry and upset people, but also speak with nice and happy people as well. You must log on time, take your breaks on time, be back from break on time, follow rules regarding call handle time, after call time, must remember your p's and q's for quality purposes. One usually gets heck from customers all day long who tell you you don't know your job (when you can't give them what they demand...like free service or half the billing credited...because they forgot to pay last month...) and you get constant 'coaching' from supervisors so you always feel you are never good enough no matter what. One must have a thick skin and good sense of humor to work at a call centre. The customers can be rough on you but the managment at Teleperformance tries hard to make the work environment good for the people working there, they want people to stay. There has usually been plenty of work, and over time is often available for those who want to work, and there are benefits for dental, medical, and vision care. Best part of the job is that most of the time there is plenty work, good benefits and nice people to work with. Hardest part is not letting some of the angrier and nastier callers from ruining your day...you'll need learn to leave it all behind and let it go when you log off at the end of the day.
Pros
Plenty hours, benefits, company that wants you to stay and work there
Cons
Angry, difficult customers
Great atmospher to work in
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2016
I learned how to better my craft, I learned to to not let anyone walk over me, to stand up for what I belive in.
They helped better my customer service skill while I was working there
This is a dead-end job. Worst place to work.
customer service (Former Employee) –  Montreal-est, QC3 January 2016
Worked here for over a year now and let me summarize WHY you shouldn't work or even think about working here for a long period of time.

1. THEY OVERWORK THEIR STAFF (it may sound general as there are many campaigns at Teleperformance but my campaign specifically, burns the heck out of everyone most especially the hardworking staff)

2. THEY DO NOT REWARD GOOD WORK. They would only offer "GRATUITY" when they need to suck something out of the few good people they have. In exchange of that "BONUS", you have to basically be their slave. If u didn't perform good enough, well, no bonus. And where does that bonus go? God knows where. As far as i am concerned, BONUSes exist because it is a REWARD for an exceptional performance. But Teleperformance make it look like we are dogs hungry for bones so unless you (as a dog) perform a clever trick, no bones for you. Sorry.

3. UNPROFESSIONAL LEADERS. Supervisors and managers should be there to guide you at your task and help bring out the best in you. But it is the other way around. Supervisors would avoid escalated calls 99% of the time. Call it lazy or incompetent but they get nothing done and only worries about the production yield. So yes, there is a HIGH TURNOVER rate.

4. THEY PROMOTE THE WRONG PEOPLE. They promise that there will be a "room for improvement". This is a complete lie. How does one person promote another? There are several things to consider but you OBVIOUSLY do not promote someone just because they are your "buddies" off work. Not because someone is punctual BUT is utterly clueless of the job means that person
  more... gets promoted. The promotion at my campaign was a complete JOKE. All the negative feed backs a hardworking staff can think of are all here.

I/We are not treated fairly at this place. You might wanna consider these abovementioned feed backs before applying unless you are desperate and/or do not mind losing your sanity.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
EVERYTHING
Too much emphasis on sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON9 December 2015
Bell TV customer service representative, too much emphasis placed on sales though most of the clients we interacted with were displeased with the service
If only things worked
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2015
I was working for less than a year, at the beginning it was great, and over time it just wasn't for me . The people are great , management was alright.
Professional, punctual, motivated, takes work ethics very seriously.
Technical support (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 April 2015
Most of days, I come early to work, make my self Comfortable then start of my work duties.
I leaned that persistence, hardwork, and Professionalism pays off.
Management is the brain of a work environment keeps thing rolling. co workers are the bone structure of a work place, work cannot be done without them. Hardest part of the job is when it becomes a daily routine, no challenge. Most enjoyable part of them job is when to receive more duties and responsibilities.
Efficient, spartan and enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON15 October 2014
The job itself was somewhat irritating, working for Verizon on their DSL system. However co-workers were supportive and helpful, management was lenient and co-operative, overall a positive experience.
Hardest part was not losing your cool when speaking to irritating, obtuse, short tempered customers. Also the break time limits were very strictly enforced, and timed to the second.
Most enjoyable part was working with many easy to get along with people, and overall just the positive working environment. Had loads of fun, on and off the job. That mute button was very well used.
Pros
Arcade games in breakroom
Cons
Customers
Worked well with friendly co-workers
outbound customer care and inbound tech support (Former Employee) –  Peterborough , ON8 August 2012
The day began with a pre-shift meeting to discuss current concerns, events , etc
While at Teleperformance I learned better how to improve my telephone manner and how to read into our customers's demeanor at the time of the call and how best to approach them.

My co-workers were very helpful when I needed advice or assistance, and I returned in kind.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with an irate customer

The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of leaving that irate customer in a better mood than they were before we spoke
Pros
pizza days
Cons
management would sometimes be unprepared re: pertinent changes in customer discount information.
Flexible work hours and a fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2014
Teleperformance majorly deals with third-party companies and provides them with customer service representatives whose primary job is to make sales for the respective company and portray it in positive light with respect to its competitors. A typical day at work involved making phone calls to the customers and dealing with them in a professional manner. Working at the company for almost four years, I learned that meeting daily, weekly and monthly sales quota was a hard task but it was doable. Sales quota and team performance was vital to the company. The co-workers always supported and helped each other even from different teams.
The hardest part of the job was to maintain the monthly sales quota, call quality and wrap-up time of the call. As well as, professionally dealing with escalated calls.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to meet the sales.
Pros
team lunches
Cons
unprofessional management