Teleperformance Employee Reviews in Canada

Customer Service Related
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMarch 18, 2015
Answer queued call from customers relating to issues with the services, bills and orders

Noted accounts through database

Completed adjustments on accounts for customers

Company is no longer in business due to site closure
Pros
very friendly
management runs is not so great
Customer Service/SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2015
most times the management is not sure what they are doing and sometimes having to speak to team leaders is a little hard because of the fact that we as agents know more about hot to troubleshoot than a team lead
A very exciting and good company to work
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2015
At 5:00pm in the evening, I go on the phones. I log in my station and start dialing. I make around 80 calls a day. I deal with irate customers and listen to them and try to solve their problems.
Pros
free give aways to the persom with the most sale
Cons
irate customers
It was a great place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMarch 28, 2015
Wish it did not fold!! Loved doing sales..Received awards for my work..Miss the people i worked with..Great place to work..The job was very stressful but nothing I could not handle..
Pros
Top performer 4 yrs in a row
Cons
Short lunches
Lots of Opportunity
Outbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  TorontoMarch 12, 2015
I have only worked here for 6 months but already have been able to apply for other departments. I see at least 2 internal jobs get posted a week. Fun days with food carts and activities.
Pros
lots of friends
Cons
dealing with angry customers
Efficient, spartan and enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONOctober 15, 2014
The job itself was somewhat irritating, working for Verizon on their DSL system. However co-workers were supportive and helpful, management was lenient and co-operative, overall a positive experience.
Hardest part was not losing your cool when speaking to irritating, obtuse, short tempered customers. Also the break time limits were very strictly enforced, and timed to the second.
Most enjoyable part was working with many easy to get along with people, and overall just the positive working environment. Had loads of fun, on and off the job. That mute button was very well used.
Pros
arcade games in breakroom
Cons
customers
Good for beginners
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2015
Good for people who wanted to work in a Call Center. Performers can grow within the company. Have flexible shifts. Hourly salary is low with comparison to other call centers.
good people
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 11, 2015
Good team mates, that's all…
I like to help my clients to resolve their issues.
Down town and close to the subway.
Dealing with worldwide customers is what I have learned
COOL PLACE TO WORK IF ONLY THE THE JOB WAS FULLTIME
Customer service associate (Current Employee) –  BIRCHMOUNT TORONTO ONTARIOMarch 28, 2015
its indeed a great place to work. we are hired by Teleperformance to work for Scotiabank at their facility at Birchmount.
Cons
part time
No fun zone what so ever :(
Regional Premises Auditor (Current Employee) –  EgyptSeptember 3, 2014
the over all place is not so good yet the company itself is promising and my co-worker are just awesome, the hardest part of my work is the deadline to get items delivered on time is not so easy and i have to back up my self with at least 2 weeks in case of back orders...
the most enjoyable part of the job that every day you know more people and meet different characters whether co workers or vendors/suppliers.
High Paced, high volume, great team members
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONSeptember 2, 2014
Over all SPI was a great place to work that continually changed it's culture and continued to place emphasis on forward thinking.

There was never a day without a new challenge, whether it be an internal, external, environmental or supply challenge that myself and the team could not find a viable solution to accommodate all in order to provide best in class customer service.
Thankless and Humiliating
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONJuly 29, 2014
The concept of this call center is to undercut unionized call center labour and the people of canada. It is called insourcing I believe. The pay was horrible. For the work that was done with the sensitive material used the pay was sub par. The scheduling was unregulated so breaks were never the same. The actual shifts varied from day to day. It even changed during shifts. Their policy was all for the company and none for the people or should I say Sheeple. This is how we were treated.
Cons
bad hours, bad location, bad treatment, emotional scars that will never heal
Good place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2015
Well managed process with nice team members, very supportive team and help in the learning curve when you join.

Fun environment which keeps the employees going throughout the day
Pros
fun environment
Fun, Good people and Great place to work
Escalation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 27, 2015
The people of Teleperformance are great. After working there for 2 years you become a family of friends and co-workers and everyone has each others back.
workable
sales rep (Former Employee) –  sherbournMay 14, 2014
A typical day at work would be making outbound calls to rogers customers meeting our goal of sales
I learned how to speak an have control of my anger when it comes to ignorant customers
management was every easy going an helpful
co-workers where friendly
the hardest part of work was dealing with customers that never gave u a chance to explain your self as to why your calling an trying to help them.
the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to see my pay
customer service representative
Customer Service representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 19, 2013
• Represented Roger’s product information in a professional manner while providing a high standard of customer service
• Accountable for promoting and selling the Roger’s products such as cable TV, internet, phone
• Handled and processed sales order and ensured effective customer service to satisfy customers by offering fair deals and accurate calculations on spot
• Work supportively with team members to solve issues coordinately
• Strategic-relationship/partnership-building skills, listen attentively, solve problems creatively, and use tact and diplomacy to find common ground and achieve win-win outcomes.
wage and type of work was not equal
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMay 22, 2013
I worked for Teleperformance for over 7 years and found for the most part it was a good place to work. At least, as far as the people I worked with and some people in management. As in all work forces there is good and bad.
There needed to be more weekend fairness and days off in a row.
There needed to be more training ahead of new things coming out instead of waiting until after the fact. Hard to tell a customer that you had to check on their questions instead of knowing right away.
Pros
i worked with great people
Cons
bad hours and bad pay
Worked well with friendly co-workers
outbound customer care and inbound tech support (Former Employee) –  Peterborough , ONAugust 8, 2012
The day began with a pre-shift meeting to discuss current concerns, events , etc
While at Teleperformance I learned better how to improve my telephone manner and how to read into our customers's demeanor at the time of the call and how best to approach them.

My co-workers were very helpful when I needed advice or assistance, and I returned in kind.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with an irate customer

The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of leaving that irate customer in a better mood than they were before we spoke
Pros
pizza days
Cons
management would sometimes be unprepared re: pertinent changes in customer discount information.
Willing to learn and very sociable. Use to work under presure
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San SalvadorJuly 30, 2012
My day starts at 4:00am, I got up and then I tavle 44 min to my work. Im currently working for a call center here in El Salvador: I work with canadiand and provide technical support for issues related to internet connections. I've learn a lot in my job and I also working Telecomunications engeneering, Im in 4th year. the hardest part of my job is that sometimes we have lot of calls and is very tiring, but you get use to that and what I like the most in being helpfull to people in canada wich as a matter of fact I beleive is the best counto in the worl to live on
Pros
good salary
Cons
long work hours
Fast Paced, Call center
Customer Service REP/FLOOR MANAGER/VERIFIER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 21, 2012
Good job advancement opportunities ... typical day is just me making sure everything and everyone is working and there's no problems or issues on the working floor.. ive learned alot just by the amount of responsibilities they have given me .. Love my co workers they made it fun to come into to work everyday... everyone got along, hardest part of the job , is seeing sum ones potential to do better with there required quota's and see them feel discouraged..
Pros
good location.
Cons
not enough shifts..hours and or leads