Teleperformance Employee Reviews in Canada

television
Bilingual Sales-Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  canada montrealNovember 10, 2015
 Managed sales transactions for the cell phone provider Bell Mobilité
 Provided customer service for the dish network company Bell Express Vu
Plenty of hours, benefits, place that tries hard to make it fun to work there.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Typical day at work is logging to your systems and being busy all day long taking calls from usually upset customers, and the volume of calls is endless most of the time and so there is no time to breathe or sip a drink between calls. You deal with a lot of angry and upset people, but also speak with nice and happy people as well. You must log on time, take your breaks on time, be back from break on time, follow rules regarding call handle time, after call time, must remember your p's and q's for quality purposes. One usually gets heck from customers all day long who tell you you don't know your job (when you can't give them what they demand...like free service or half the billing credited...because they forgot to pay last month...) and you get constant 'coaching' from supervisors so you always feel you are never good enough no matter what. One must have a thick skin and good sense of humor to work at a call centre. The customers can be rough on you but the managment at Teleperformance tries hard to make the work environment good for the people working there, they want people to stay. There has usually been plenty of work, and over time is often available for those who want to work, and there are benefits for dental, medical, and vision care. Best part of the job is that most of the time there is plenty work, good benefits and nice people to work with. Hardest part is not letting some of the angrier and nastier callers from ruining your day...you'll need learn to leave it all behind and let it go when you log off at the end of the day.
Pros
plenty hours, benefits, company that wants you to stay and work there
Cons
angry, difficult customers
Sales
Technical Service Representative Toshiba Account (Former Employee) –  Metro Manila PhilippinesSeptember 11, 2013
Sales is hard but challenging
Love the people there.
Competitive Salary
Great workplace
hectic Schedules
My Review
Customer Care and Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 3, 2013
I enjoyed working with teleperformance in the past and thought it was well managed. They had good benefits for employees and good training.
b
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONOctober 25, 2015
why must i do this for a second time i just did this silly thing already. this seems kind of redundant to me blah blah blah blah
Satisfactory work environment.
Live Chat Associate- Home Depot Canada (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 11, 2015
It was a decent place to work, with good employees. Supervisors however, were disorganized and disrespectful. Pay also did not match the work load that was expected of employees.
Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TorontoOctober 5, 2015
It was my first and only experience working for a Canadian company.I enjoyed my job and it was a good company to work with.
Professional, punctual, motivated, takes work ethics very seriously.
Technical support (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 27, 2015
Most of days, I come early to work, make my self Comfortable then start of my work duties.
I leaned that persistence, hardwork, and Professionalism pays off.
Management is the brain of a work environment keeps thing rolling. co workers are the bone structure of a work place, work cannot be done without them. Hardest part of the job is when it becomes a daily routine, no challenge. Most enjoyable part of them job is when to receive more duties and responsibilities.
Good Company - has some opportunities.
Call Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 19, 2015
Located DT Toronto, great staff, but has some fundamental opportunities that need to be worked on.
When addressed it will be a better place to work at.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Need to get with the times
awesome bank to work for
Contact Centre Operation Officer (Former Employee) –  toronto - ONSeptember 28, 2015
Learnt alot of experince. Enjoyed working in a team and as an individual. Looking forward to use the experience elsewhere.
Great part-time job for a student
Applecare: Technical support (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 12, 2015
This job is very flexible and allows for a manageable schedule for a full-time student. The management can be a little unorganized at times, but for the most part are great. The co-workers are the best part of the job as they're very diverse, and a great team to work with. The hardest part of the job would be having to deal with angry customers. The most enjoyable part of the job would be to help someone in need and to hear their satisfaction.
nice place to work
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONAugust 8, 2015
Love it there because everybody is cool including the managers, supervisors and fellow employees along with most of the customers, and if you need a day off they don't question you about it!
Pros
cafeteria in same building
Cons
unable to be promoted
goal driven working environment
Customer Service Repretsentative (Former Employee) –  philippinesJune 7, 2015
we are always motivated to provide great customer service . The management gives us quick weekly evaluations to make sure we are fully equipped with right information and skills to finish our job
Pros
good overtime pay
Cons
graveyard shifts
Productive & fun working atmosphere,
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 23, 2015
Everyday is a typical day for me.
New software, new working culture, Extracting & implementing ideas
Very good management with great support
Nothing felt yet
Working in the team
Efficient, spartan and enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONOctober 15, 2014
The job itself was somewhat irritating, working for Verizon on their DSL system. However co-workers were supportive and helpful, management was lenient and co-operative, overall a positive experience.
Hardest part was not losing your cool when speaking to irritating, obtuse, short tempered customers. Also the break time limits were very strictly enforced, and timed to the second.
Most enjoyable part was working with many easy to get along with people, and overall just the positive working environment. Had loads of fun, on and off the job. That mute button was very well used.
Pros
arcade games in breakroom
Cons
customers
Interesting workplace
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 30, 2015
Teleperformance was always a interesting place to work. In some departments that I worked in the manager that I had was excellent. She always cared about us and did everything to ensure we were treated fairly. However the human resources department did not care about you and always did what they could to make you're life terrible. The wage was a interesting topic as well. After a year of working at Teleperformance they implemented a wage balance. Everyone regardless of experience was automatically put into groupings. The co workers were great initially however very quickly the entire workplace revealed itself to be reminiscent of highchool teenager drama that could barely be avoided.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 18, 2015
Typical day at work starts at 1pm. Work with BMO Harris bank and take calls from client based. Learned communication with customers and management including co-workers. Hardest part of the job is convincing customers but the most enjoyable part is making them trust me as an agent on the call
Employees = Robot
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 28, 2015
The only thing I actually like about that job is that you can have a schedule working with your school hours. But besides that its a really bad job. Their management sucks really bad they if you reach the objectifs you only get a congratulations from your sup and thats all and iff you dont reach it oh god youre going to get an headache.

The HR doesnt even know all of the laws as she didnt know that when its the election day must have 4 consecutive hours of free time to go vote and if those hours are on our shift time they have to pay it. I actually had to call les normes du travail and they told me to warn them that if they dont pay me i have to fill a complaint. Thats when they approved to pay my hour.

They dont have close washroom to go it takes about 3 minutes just to get there and they ask you to log yourself out before going there and they only pay 1% of your day back for your toilet time. Just calculate 1% of your total shift it equals 4.8 minutes. Ive called again les normes du travail and they told me to fill a complaint. As I am a student I dont have time to do this.

I could tell you more about that but i would have to write a novel.
Pros
some of the supervisors are actually `human``, work schedul fits you school schedule
Cons
hr, management, washroom, etc.
Worked well with friendly co-workers
outbound customer care and inbound tech support (Former Employee) –  Peterborough , ONAugust 8, 2012
The day began with a pre-shift meeting to discuss current concerns, events , etc
While at Teleperformance I learned better how to improve my telephone manner and how to read into our customers's demeanor at the time of the call and how best to approach them.

My co-workers were very helpful when I needed advice or assistance, and I returned in kind.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with an irate customer

The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of leaving that irate customer in a better mood than they were before we spoke
Pros
pizza days
Cons
management would sometimes be unprepared re: pertinent changes in customer discount information.
Flexible work hours and a fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2014
Teleperformance majorly deals with third-party companies and provides them with customer service representatives whose primary job is to make sales for the respective company and portray it in positive light with respect to its competitors. A typical day at work involved making phone calls to the customers and dealing with them in a professional manner. Working at the company for almost four years, I learned that meeting daily, weekly and monthly sales quota was a hard task but it was doable. Sales quota and team performance was vital to the company. The co-workers always supported and helped each other even from different teams.
The hardest part of the job was to maintain the monthly sales quota, call quality and wrap-up time of the call. As well as, professionally dealing with escalated calls.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to meet the sales.
Pros
team lunches
Cons
unprofessional management