Teleperformance Employee Reviews

Very productive and fun workplace with a pool table in the lunch room -
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2015
Fun work place with supportive management, well trained on going basis a place to grow within the company, great incentives
Pros
A lot monetary incentives as well as free food.
Fun place to work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 June 2016
Very diverse environment

Co-workers are fun to be with

Competition between teams

Close to subway

Monthly incentives

Sales bonus
Productive Place to work with pool tables and daily activities
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2015
-A typical day includes talking to clients about the product, customer service works and ensuring that they enjoy the product they are about to get.

-I have learned to be patient and understand that the customer is always right and delivering high quality works is a win win strategy.

-The hardest part of the job is when the app crushes and the customers call and are unhappy with the service. Having to De-escalate the call can be very difficult.

-The most enjoyable part of the job is the daily activities such as dice rolling for highest points, lunch specials, gift cards etc.
Pros
Pot luck and free lunches
Cons
long hours and low pay
Great place to start your career in customer service !!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 August 2015
As this is an outsource company -you learn to adapt to new campaigns as well as use different types of software !! Worked on bell campaign ,help train others, Save the children and help desk !! Worked with a lot of wonderful supervisors and had no issue with managemant !!
Pros
Meeting people with different cultures, learn a lot about different software and being adaptable !!
Cons
When you do not fall into a clic - hard to get advancement opportunities !!
Workplace where one can have fun while working.
Call Center agent , Client Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON13 August 2012
- A typical day at work was taking client care calls, resolving billing issues, and helping customers make other chances to their mobile phone account as well as minor troubleshooting
- I learned a lot about cell phones such as Apple, Android, Blackberry. Also learnt a lot about troubleshooting each kind of phones mentioned above. Moreover also learnt a lot about how to calm upset customers as well as little up-sells of newer features and plans company would offer over the course of time. I learnt how to explain things in visual detail with my words as we were to help customers over the phone.
-Management was good. Our schedules were posted with 2 weeks notice. All supervisors were very helpful with work/non work related issues as day off and vacations.
- I don't think anything about work was hard. Anything is hard until learnt and practiced.
- At times having free lunch and games as well as meeting a lot of great people to work with was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
job security
Cons
Great experience at Teleperformance.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2016
Everything is good at this place of work, learned how to help the customer, resolving issues in both languages (Spanish and English) work with a co-workers is amazing, hard part of job are the schedules.
it is a fun and productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 January 2016
It is a fun and productive place to work. Hours are flexible and colleagues are super nice. The culture of the organization is not too mechanistic, it is more organic. The company response well with the changing environment.
fun place to work
Engagement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, Ontario24 February 2015
I was in charge of engaging staff to participate in outside fund raisers. I have learned excellent customer service skills and have greatly enhanced on me computer skills. The management are very understating to every situation and great to work with to have the opportunity to grow.
Pros
Free branded gifts, Birthday and Christmas gifts from my boss
Cons
No raise in 3 years, low pay
it is very unorganized
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2016
at work surrounded by co-workers its a fun day, but they lack communication from the boss to the agents. that left us with a big gap. they managers did not understand or take the agents opinions on matters when we are the ones that dealt with the customers first hand.
New Trainees, Beware!!
Unilngual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 February 2016
I was a new hire and for a few weeks (I won't tell you how long), the trainer never gave me a job. Teleperformance has shown me the kind or class of people they want. They encourage favoritism and it is an elitist company!
Pros
Internal job opportunities, good entry-level (if you're a favorite)
Cons
Their trainers treat new hires unfairly! Warning, DO NOT apply here!!
OK place to work
Apple Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 January 2016
the job is simple, co workers are great and friendly, management needs some improvement. They also provide room to grow which is great.
Poor leadership, bad attitudes, bad pay, poor hours
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2016
I worked with this company for three months. It seemed like leadership there was looking for opportunities to be hostile with their employees. A very poisonous atmosphere.
Pros
You can quit
Cons
Abuse
Not great job but it is OK
Customer service and Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2016
you can work there until you find a good job, the managments and supreviors are not qulifed.
three different shifts, it is good to have the morining shifts
Pros
easy money
Cons
no proficinal
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2016
I enjoy working here.
good company to grow with.
People are very friendly.
learned objection handling.
hardest part of the job is that sometimes we get arrogant customers.
most enjoyable time is the training time.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
short lunch
Easy Money, but not professional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2016
It is a calling centre job, it is easy and the payment is good, but the supervisor not qualified and not professional.
It has many different shifts, clean place, funny environment
Pros
Easy moeny
Cons
None professional
Challenging and opportunity to grow
Customer Support Specialist/Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2016
Challenging and opportunity to grow, nice coworkers, variable and flexible shifts, full/part time available, different business area to work with. Well managed software's so to fast and easy searching of information.
Good Workplace not flexible though
Bilingual English-Hindu/Urdu Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2016
Good Workplace not flexible though overall learned alot about the job and was happy to be a part of a company life changing experience
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
no flexibility
This is a dead-end job. Worst place to work.
customer service (Former Employee) –  Montreal-est, QC3 January 2016
Worked here for over a year now and let me summarize WHY you shouldn't work or even think about working here for a long period of time.

1. THEY OVERWORK THEIR STAFF (it may sound general as there are many campaigns at Teleperformance but my campaign specifically, burns the heck out of everyone most especially the hardworking staff)

2. THEY DO NOT REWARD GOOD WORK. They would only offer "GRATUITY" when they need to suck something out of the few good people they have. In exchange of that "BONUS", you have to basically be their slave. If u didn't perform good enough, well, no bonus. And where does that bonus go? God knows where. As far as i am concerned, BONUSes exist because it is a REWARD for an exceptional performance. But Teleperformance make it look like we are dogs hungry for bones so unless you (as a dog) perform a clever trick, no bones for you. Sorry.

3. UNPROFESSIONAL LEADERS. Supervisors and managers should be there to guide you at your task and help bring out the best in you. But it is the other way around. Supervisors would avoid escalated calls 99% of the time. Call it lazy or incompetent but they get nothing done and only worries about the production yield. So yes, there is a HIGH TURNOVER rate.

4. THEY PROMOTE THE WRONG PEOPLE. They promise that there will be a "room for improvement". This is a complete lie. How does one person promote another? There are several things to consider but you OBVIOUSLY do not promote someone just because they are your "buddies" off work. Not because someone is punctual BUT is utterly clueless of the job means that person
  more... gets promoted. The promotion at my campaign was a complete JOKE. All the negative feed backs a hardworking staff can think of are all here.

I/We are not treated fairly at this place. You might wanna consider these abovementioned feed backs before applying unless you are desperate and/or do not mind losing your sanity.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
EVERYTHING
motivating team members
Ios technical support (Former Employee) –  Montreal-est, QC5 February 2016
great place to work, learned how to troubleshoot technical problems ft ios devices, co workers were supportive and motivating. hardest part of the job would be to have the client understand that the steps you are taking re to help
Bad Company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON25 March 2015
Teleperformance Thunder Bay in my opinion has been set up to fail ever since we lost our Microsoft client, it has been a horrible work environment for the last 4 years and it has only gotten worse as time goes on.
Pros
Nice Co-workers
Cons
Bad pay, no salary increases and horrible management