Teleperformance

4.5K reviews

Teleperformance Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Kind of OK if you are bilingual. Otherwise, steer away.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: Easy going co-workers, emotionally rewarding work
Cons: Low pay, long hours, no shift mobility, terrible management
I have worked at two call centers before I did at Teleperformance. I'm used to how bad they are and how testing the inherent nature of the work is. I still have yet to find a more frustrating job than this one, however. The manager in particular has no respect for basic worker's right and I've seen her personally threaten at least one employee with termination because they were sick and decided they needed to leave in the middle of their shift. I saw a supervisor (reluctantly) write up an employee who had to leave in the middle of their shift to attend to a personal emergency. Outside of one time when EMTs were called, I have never seen an employee be able to leave work without serious consequences regardless of the cause for leave being more than valid.

The co-workers make everything easier though. There's something about a call center that brings in a certain kind of person that usually has no illusions about the work and just makes it fun for people. But the pay is negligible (I personally had a bilingual bonus that made my life somewhat easier so I can't entirely complain); the hours and scheduling basically mean you can forget about doing anything else with your time for most of the week; plus you will be too tired to do anything else when you're actually free and most importantly the job is pretty much a dead end unless you fit a very narrow standard of excellency. And even then, supervisors only get paid something vaguely resembling a living wage, from what I understand.

The job itself, though, is as easy as it gets, really. Once you get over the angry/frustrated – more... customer part, you are just handling transactions and providing minimal tech support. And honestly a good 30% of the highlights of your day will be making people's lives easier just by fixing their TV and letting them unwind. It's just everything else about the job that will eat at you. – less
Plenty of hours, benefits, place that tries hard to make it fun to work there.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: plenty hours, benefits, company that wants you to stay and work there
Cons: angry, difficult customers
Typical day at work is logging to your systems and being busy all day long taking calls from usually upset customers, and the volume of calls is endless most of the time and so there is no time to breathe or sip a drink between calls. You deal with a lot of angry and upset people, but also speak with nice and happy people as well. You must log on time, take your breaks on time, be back from break on time, follow rules regarding call handle time, after call time, must remember your p's and q's for quality purposes. One usually gets heck from customers all day long who tell you you don't know your job (when you can't give them what they demand...like free service or half the billing credited...because they forgot to pay last month...) and you get constant 'coaching' from supervisors so you always feel you are never good enough no matter what. One must have a thick skin and good sense of humor to work at a call centre. The customers can be rough on you but the managment at Teleperformance tries hard to make the work environment good for the people working there, they want people to stay. There has usually been plenty of work, and over time is often available for those who want to work, and there are benefits for dental, medical, and vision care. Best part of the job is that most of the time there is plenty work, good benefits and nice people to work with. Hardest part is not letting some of the angrier and nastier callers from ruining your day...you'll need learn to leave it all behind and let it go when you log off at the end of the day.
Employees = Robot
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: some of the supervisors are actually `human``, work schedul fits you school schedule
Cons: hr, management, washroom, etc.
The only thing I actually like about that job is that you can have a schedule working with your school hours. But besides that its a really bad job. Their management sucks really bad they if you reach the objectifs you only get a congratulations from your sup and thats all and iff you dont reach it oh god youre going to get an headache.

The HR doesnt even know all of the laws as she didnt know that when its the election day must have 4 consecutive hours of free time to go vote and if those hours are on our shift time they have to pay it. I actually had to call les normes du travail and they told me to warn them that if they dont pay me i have to fill a complaint. Thats when they approved to pay my hour.

They dont have close washroom to go it takes about 3 minutes just to get there and they ask you to log yourself out before going there and they only pay 1% of your day back for your toilet time. Just calculate 1% of your total shift it equals 4.8 minutes. Ive called again les normes du travail and they told me to fill a complaint. As I am a student I dont have time to do this.

I could tell you more about that but i would have to write a novel.
Very Friendly work environment
Technical Support (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2015
Receiving calls related to technical issues ,I love helping frustrate customer to resolve their technical issues with the services problem they are so happy when they see that the solution work BUT ;The hardest part of the job is when you are not able to resolve the problem due is unknown and you have to deal with very,very angry and rude customers or escalated the tickets to engineering department.You really want to resolve the issue but they put all their frustrations on you.Then this is the unpaid job,you have to patiently deal with them and not always work especially if they have an expensive service

My co-workers on night shift they are amazing people,I love all of them,absolutely wonderful place to work every body is focus on their job and doing their best to resolve problems,the supervisors and managers are working hard and they are not bothering you all the time,they know you are working there focus on the job.Opposite to others job you have to hunt the supervisor because they are always busy to find any possible solution to resolve any technical issues if is unknown

Honestly you don't feel you are at work you feel you are at home,you can watch TV,talk with with your co-worker when there is a little bit of low calls volume (rarely happen) ,very friendly environment with flexible schedule and also available over time.
Workplace where one can have fun while working.
Call Center agent , Client Care Agent (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONAugust 13, 2012
Pros: job security
Cons: long hours
- A typical day at work was taking client care calls, resolving billing issues, and helping customers make other chances to their mobile phone account as well as minor troubleshooting
- I learned a lot about cell phones such as Apple, Android, Blackberry. Also learnt a lot about troubleshooting each kind of phones mentioned above. Moreover also learnt a lot about how to calm upset customers as well as little up-sells of newer features and plans company would offer over the course of time. I learnt how to explain things in visual detail with my words as we were to help customers over the phone.
-Management was good. Our schedules were posted with 2 weeks notice. All supervisors were very helpful with work/non work related issues as day off and vacations.
- I don't think anything about work was hard. Anything is hard until learnt and practiced.
- At times having free lunch and games as well as meeting a lot of great people to work with was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Very stressful job with not enough stress relief options.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONDecember 13, 2013
Pros: bonuses, free merchandise from the sponsors
Cons: the abuse from the customers
Working for Teleperformance was different, in a typical day you might work on trouble shooting, helping the customer fix the tv so they could watch the special program that night or it might be helping a customer figure out all the charges on the bill. You were always informing the customer of the products and services that were available to purchase and which ones might increase their enjoyment of watching television. Management was good to work for, if you showed up to work and did your job, the management was great. Management stood behind you if you had any issues or concerns. My co-workers were like family, we still keep in touch. The hardest part of the job was to help the angry customers that called in yelling and screaming at something the company did, you listened but got the brunt of the call. The most enjoyable part of the job was your co workers, they were always there to help whether it was work or family associated.
Call Centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: good working ambiance.
Cons: headphones!!!!!
This was a job where I had to answer phone calls from home phone customers and help them with their billing queries and also help them with the calling features additions or removal.

I liked this job because it did not involve selling anything over the phone and the task was very structured. I learned then that every a very specific system of computation is used for every task.

The management was good.

My co-workers were fabulous. It was very pleasant to see people from various different educational and diverse backgrounds came together to do the same job and I made some great friends who have now become close family friends.

Hardest part of this job was that I had to have the headset on for the whole day, except at lunch and that actually gave me migraine.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to interact with various customers, attend to their queries and some people were really pleasant to talk to. I also like the fact that I made so many friends, it was a friendly workplace.
Flexible work hours and a fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: team lunches
Cons: unprofessional management
Teleperformance majorly deals with third-party companies and provides them with customer service representatives whose primary job is to make sales for the respective company and portray it in positive light with respect to its competitors. A typical day at work involved making phone calls to the customers and dealing with them in a professional manner. Working at the company for almost four years, I learned that meeting daily, weekly and monthly sales quota was a hard task but it was doable. Sales quota and team performance was vital to the company. The co-workers always supported and helped each other even from different teams.
The hardest part of the job was to maintain the monthly sales quota, call quality and wrap-up time of the call. As well as, professionally dealing with escalated calls.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to meet the sales.
Worked well with friendly co-workers
outbound customer care and inbound tech support (Former Employee), Peterborough , ONAugust 8, 2012
Pros: pizza days
Cons: management would sometimes be unprepared re: pertinent changes in customer discount information.
The day began with a pre-shift meeting to discuss current concerns, events , etc
While at Teleperformance I learned better how to improve my telephone manner and how to read into our customers's demeanor at the time of the call and how best to approach them.

My co-workers were very helpful when I needed advice or assistance, and I returned in kind.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with an irate customer

The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of leaving that irate customer in a better mood than they were before we spoke
Willing to learn and very sociable. Use to work under presure
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San SalvadorJuly 30, 2012
Pros: good salary
Cons: long work hours
My day starts at 4:00am, I got up and then I tavle 44 min to my work. Im currently working for a call center here in El Salvador: I work with canadiand and provide technical support for issues related to internet connections. I've learn a lot in my job and I also working Telecomunications engeneering, Im in 4th year. the hardest part of my job is that sometimes we have lot of calls and is very tiring, but you get use to that and what I like the most in being helpfull to people in canada wich as a matter of fact I beleive is the best counto in the worl to live on
Interesting workplace
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 30, 2015
Teleperformance was always a interesting place to work. In some departments that I worked in the manager that I had was excellent. She always cared about us and did everything to ensure we were treated fairly. However the human resources department did not care about you and always did what they could to make you're life terrible. The wage was a interesting topic as well. After a year of working at Teleperformance they implemented a wage balance. Everyone regardless of experience was automatically put into groupings. The co workers were great initially however very quickly the entire workplace revealed itself to be reminiscent of highchool teenager drama that could barely be avoided.
Efficient, spartan and enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONOctober 15, 2014
Pros: arcade games in breakroom
Cons: customers
The job itself was somewhat irritating, working for Verizon on their DSL system. However co-workers were supportive and helpful, management was lenient and co-operative, overall a positive experience.
Hardest part was not losing your cool when speaking to irritating, obtuse, short tempered customers. Also the break time limits were very strictly enforced, and timed to the second.
Most enjoyable part was working with many easy to get along with people, and overall just the positive working environment. Had loads of fun, on and off the job. That mute button was very well used.
Fast Paced, Call center
Customer Service REP/FLOOR MANAGER/VERIFIER (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 21, 2012
Pros: good location.
Cons: not enough shifts..hours and or leads
Good job advancement opportunities ... typical day is just me making sure everything and everyone is working and there's no problems or issues on the working floor.. ive learned alot just by the amount of responsibilities they have given me .. Love my co workers they made it fun to come into to work everyday... everyone got along, hardest part of the job , is seeing sum ones potential to do better with there required quota's and see them feel discouraged..
wage and type of work was not equal
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONMay 22, 2013
Pros: i worked with great people
Cons: bad hours and bad pay
I worked for Teleperformance for over 7 years and found for the most part it was a good place to work. At least, as far as the people I worked with and some people in management. As in all work forces there is good and bad.
There needed to be more weekend fairness and days off in a row.
There needed to be more training ahead of new things coming out instead of waiting until after the fact. Hard to tell a customer that you had to check on their questions instead of knowing right away.
Thankless and Humiliating
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONJuly 29, 2014
Cons: bad hours, bad location, bad treatment, emotional scars that will never heal
The concept of this call center is to undercut unionized call center labour and the people of canada. It is called insourcing I believe. The pay was horrible. For the work that was done with the sensitive material used the pay was sub par. The scheduling was unregulated so breaks were never the same. The actual shifts varied from day to day. It even changed during shifts. Their policy was all for the company and none for the people or should I say Sheeple. This is how we were treated.
Equal Opportunity Employer & a Fun and Open work Environment
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 30, 2015
Pros: On the job improvement programmes, centred on employee development, equal opportunity employeer
Cons: Long hours, odd shifts, salary (everyone could do with more money right :D)
As with all call centres, the work is very demanding but the difference with Teleperformnace is that they are big on the development of the employee. It's more than just the grind with this company. They have programmes and systems in place that sees to the development of all employees and they promote upward movement from within.

Its a fun environment to work in with various activities to increase employee satisfaction.
workable
sales rep (Former Employee), sherbournMay 14, 2014
A typical day at work would be making outbound calls to rogers customers meeting our goal of sales
I learned how to speak an have control of my anger when it comes to ignorant customers
management was every easy going an helpful
co-workers where friendly
the hardest part of work was dealing with customers that never gave u a chance to explain your self as to why your calling an trying to help them.
the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to see my pay
Professional, punctual, motivated, takes work ethics very seriously.
Technical support (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 27, 2015
Most of days, I come early to work, make my self Comfortable then start of my work duties.
I leaned that persistence, hardwork, and Professionalism pays off.
Management is the brain of a work environment keeps thing rolling. co workers are the bone structure of a work place, work cannot be done without them. Hardest part of the job is when it becomes a daily routine, no challenge. Most enjoyable part of them job is when to receive more duties and responsibilities.
Great place to start your career in customer service !!
Customer Service (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Meeting people with different cultures, learn a lot about different software and being adaptable !!
Cons: When you do not fall into a clic - hard to get advancement opportunities !!
As this is an outsource company -you learn to adapt to new campaigns as well as use different types of software !! Worked on bell campaign ,help train others, Save the children and help desk !! Worked with a lot of wonderful supervisors and had no issue with managemant !!
Ok as a transitional job
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 16, 2015
Pros: Relaxed atmosphere, friendly colleagues
Cons: 30 min lunch, breaks at strange times
Depending on the department you work in, it can be enjoyable or not. I learned a lot of things about e-commerce and the products. I would stay away from the customer complaints dept if you don't want to depress. Other depts are ok.Pay could be better for the job.
Headquarters