Teleperformance Employee Reviews in Canada

Career
bilingual customer service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 23, 2016
Teleperformance offers opportunity to create a career within the company. The company also offers good benefits and recreational activities, in order to create a social and friendly environment between it employees.

Also, the location is excellent (Downtown Toronto), which is close to my residence, as well as my college.
Pros
Close to my residence
Cons
Schedule
Good company to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 17, 2016
I enjoyed working here, the salary was ok and benefits were good. The potential for growth is likely. I however believe management is poor needs a lot of improvement work on how they handle situations, especially with employees.
Poorly organized. Only for the desperate.
customer service (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 5, 2015
I am a current employee and have been here for three months. The supervisors and managers barely have a clue what is going on. The scheduling is a joke, and no one in management cares about the employees enough to help them. It is just above minimum wage-- they boast about benefits, bonuses, and activities, but I haven't seen any of this. It's fine if you just show up, do your job, and leave, but do not be fooled into thinking you are anything more than a number at this place.
Pros
close to metro and bus
Cons
no organization, no compassion, just a number
Equal Opportunity Employer & a Fun and Open work Environment
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 30, 2015
As with all call centres, the work is very demanding but the difference with Teleperformnace is that they are big on the development of the employee. It's more than just the grind with this company. They have programmes and systems in place that sees to the development of all employees and they promote upward movement from within.

Its a fun environment to work in with various activities to increase employee satisfaction.
Pros
On the job improvement programmes, centred on employee development, equal opportunity employeer
Cons
Long hours, odd shifts, salary (everyone could do with more money right :D)
Close to home was a benefit, and they did provide SOME benefits but overall it was not a happy experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONApril 1, 2016
Overall, not a pleasant place to work. Work environment was not overly good.Constantly changing expectations, some times day to day changes. The hardest part of the job was not in the customer service but in dealing with Managements constantly changing of expectations, sometime daily.
Co-Workers were great, Being with them was the only enjoyable part of my work day. Co-operation with co-workers was one thing I took away from there. I learned valuable lessons in teamwork.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Long Hours, constantly changing shifts
Not well organised
Customer Service Agent and Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 2, 2015
You cannot view your work schedule outside of the office, there is no raise, and no transfers from a campain to another. The Human Resources won't help you with the schedule issues. Supervisors ar not trained enough. Lot of technical difficulties with the system and with the computers. Paid training, not minimum rate.
Pros
1 month trainning paid
Cons
Schedule issues
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONMarch 16, 2016
A typical day at work was outbound and inbound calls dealing with car dealership customer appointments;June Ontario voting; Post office stamp change reminders; and cell phone company answering customer questions.

I learned that there is always a co-worker that can help when needed answers from others can provide better job performance.

Management does great work in working with employees and other staff

My co-workers are much needed to get the work completed.

Hardest part of the job was to hear another co-worker is experiencing
struggles and kept quiet about their situation for the sake of keeping their job

Easiest part of the job with chatting it up with co-workers who provided help/information to make work less complicated.
Pros
Pay
Cons
none that I can find
Not so Physically Demanding job
Customer Service Representative (Sales Agent) (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QCJune 30, 2016
Basically my job in telepeformance is more focused on online sales. You get to learn more about manipulating the website and doing technical stuff like helping customers solve an issue online, placing orders and checking up on customer orders.However, it is kind of frustrating because they are not flexible with schedules like it will take a while for you to request your desired schedule, and very short break time. On the contrary, they offer good benefits like medical and dental insurance which is what i like about it. Generally, this is not a difficult job as long as you know how to use the computer and the internet and you have that confidence and patience to deal with customers.
Pros
Health and dental benifits
Cons
Not flexible with schedule change and short breaktime
Great co workers to work with, company was on first stages of development so we all were learning at the same time
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 18, 2016
I worked on Inbound calls, it was great talking to different people and been able to help them solve their issues over the phone. Great helpful co workers to work with, company was on first stages of development so we all were learning at the same time. Friendly environment. Excellent benefits. Rotating shifts were not suitable sometimes for me.
Pros
Great people to work with, excellent benefits, training, good environment
Cons
Weekend work. I rather working long hours during the week but weekends were tough
Worst Job Ever!
CSR (Current Employee) –  Montreal-est, QCApril 23, 2016
I would not recommend working at Teleperformance to my worst enemy (okat, maybe only to them).

The wages are low and the promise of bonuses and advancement is a joke. They rarely promote from within and the management/higher ups do the minimal work possible to get by without too many complaints. If you are able to get along with management, be prepared to kiss butt constantly, otherwise you'll find yourself with a file of action forms and coachings.

There is internal bullying and harassment that takes place on the floor daily, all of which is ignored unless you threaten to contact the Normes de Travail.

The washrooms are constantly disgusting, there is very minimal maintenance of the work stations, and most computers are either too slow to complete tasks efficiently, or they are just left broken on the desks.

This is a dispicable office and a poisonous environment. Terry should be ASHAMED that he allows this branch to remain open.
Pros
Close to metro, grocery stores and restaurants near by, some cool people.
Cons
Wages, management, ammenities, atmosphere, EVERYTHING!
Not a career move
Operator Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 18, 2016
You don't want to work at this company as they have the worst positions and treatment as an employee. The recruiter will tell you there are commissions and base on your sales you will make more money, but that isn't the case. while I was there I did about 35 sales a week and NO COMMISSION!! at all.. Only the team leaders and supervisors will get there share, and then we got the hours......

That is another problem...

Good luck to all of you!
Pros
Events such as small dept parties
Cons
Information up top No Hours for work/layoff
Not a longterm position
Escalation Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 21, 2016
It started great. On training everything was good but on the floor it was completely different. After 2 supervisors left there was no one who could support you. The manager and the newly hired supervisors will only refer you to senior agents since they have no knowledge of the customer service. Saw no possibility of a raise even if I was raised to a higher position with more responsibilities and salary stayed the same 12.50$/hr.
Pros
Extra hours
boring
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, OntarioSeptember 2, 2015
They had a lot of nice events and opportunities for over time. I would answer phone calls constantly. they had an awesome pool table and a great break room. awesome benefits and great coworkers
The lowest of the low. They have issues with honesty and leadership.
technical support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2016
I can't really say anything good about this company. Some of the people who work there are ok. On the down side the management is laden with ego issues and the recruiting department will tell you anything to get you to sign on. The pay is slightly above minimum wage but their expectations on employees are too high. Basically trying to squeeze every penny out of you before you get fed up and quit. Avoid this place unless you are starving.
Pros
Cons
Dishonesty, poor wages, poor management.
Productive Place to work with pool tables and daily activities
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2015
-A typical day includes talking to clients about the product, customer service works and ensuring that they enjoy the product they are about to get.

-I have learned to be patient and understand that the customer is always right and delivering high quality works is a win win strategy.

-The hardest part of the job is when the app crushes and the customers call and are unhappy with the service. Having to De-escalate the call can be very difficult.

-The most enjoyable part of the job is the daily activities such as dice rolling for highest points, lunch specials, gift cards etc.
Pros
Pot luck and free lunches
Cons
long hours and low pay
Multicultural friendly work environment
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Very challenging at the same time fun filled work environment. Provide excellent career advancement opportunities. Its multi cultural work force provides an exceptional experience in making friends and a stress free work environment.
Pros
Easy access
Cons
No parking space
Worst Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 16, 2016
I have worked with this company, lot of work pressure Biased supervisors less pay. in my 12 years of work career this the pathetic company I worked for. they hire you very easily but make your life miserable from there on.
Pros
nothing positive about the company
Cons
less pay, long hours, lot of pressure and Biased supervisors
Friendly people and Management
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Teleperformance PhilippinesJuly 19, 2016
I learned how to assist the customer in a proper manner and with the highest standard procedures, I'm also aware of those disciplinary action might happen one I did something wrong or out of the procedures.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Happy environment
New Trainees, Beware!!
Unilngual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 26, 2016
I was a new hire and for a few weeks (I won't tell you how long), the trainer never gave me a job. Teleperformance has shown me the kind or class of people they want. They encourage favoritism and it is an elitist company!
Pros
Internal job opportunities, good entry-level (if you're a favorite)
Cons
Their trainers treat new hires unfairly! Warning, DO NOT apply here!!
Very productive and fun workplace with a pool table in the lunch room -
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 11, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management, well trained on going basis a place to grow within the company, great incentives
Pros
A lot monetary incentives as well as free food.