Teleperformance
3,431 reviews

Teleperformance Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Kind of OK if you are bilingual. Otherwise, steer away.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: Easy going co-workers, emotionally rewarding work
Cons: Low pay, long hours, no shift mobility, terrible management
I have worked at two call centers before I did at Teleperformance. I'm used to how bad they are and how testing the inherent nature of the work is. I still have yet to find a more frustrating job than this one, however. The manager in particular has no respect for basic worker's right and I've seen her personally threaten at least one employee with termination because they were sick and decided they needed to leave in the middle of their shift. I saw a supervisor (reluctantly) write up an employee who had to leave in the middle of their shift to attend to a personal emergency. Outside of one time when EMTs were called, I have never seen an employee be able to leave work without serious consequences regardless of the cause for leave being more than valid.

The co-workers make everything easier though. There's something about a call center that brings in a certain kind of person that usually has no illusions about the work and just makes it fun for people. But the pay is negligible (I personally had a bilingual bonus that made my life somewhat easier so I can't entirely complain); the hours and scheduling basically mean you can forget about doing anything else with your time for most of the week; plus you will be too tired to do anything else when you're actually free and most importantly the job is pretty much a dead end unless you fit a very narrow standard of excellency. And even then, supervisors only get paid something vaguely resembling a living wage, from what I understand.

The job itself, though, is as easy as it gets, really. Once you get over the angry/frustrated customer part, you are just handling transactions and providing minimal tech support. And honestly a good 30% of the highlights of your day will be making people's lives easier just by fixing their TV and letting them unwind. It's just everything else about the job that will eat at you.
assist cellular customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Belleville, ONMay 6, 2015
customer service and tech support for cellular phones, assisted in billing and payments as well as tech support for devices and functions and services associated with cellular device.
Is a stepping stone job
Agent (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 30, 2015
Pros: It's a job & has benefits
Cons: They do not care about their empolyees
I do my work and help other agents out if they have questions. I learned how to handle very angry people. The management sucks, they do not know what they are doing.
Fun workplace with great coworkers and amazing managers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONApril 29, 2015
This job taught me how to deal with really stressful situations well. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the customers with tough situations as well as working together with my coworkers.
Professional, punctual, motivated, takes work ethics very seriously.
Technical support (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 27, 2015
Most of days, I come early to work, make my self Comfortable then start of my work duties.
I leaned that persistence, hardwork, and Professionalism pays off.
Management is the brain of a work environment keeps thing rolling. co workers are the bone structure of a work place, work cannot be done without them. Hardest part of the job is when it becomes a daily routine, no challenge. Most enjoyable part of them job is when to receive more duties and responsibilities.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 18, 2015
Typical day at work starts at 1pm. Work with BMO Harris bank and take calls from client based. Learned communication with customers and management including co-workers. Hardest part of the job is convincing customers but the most enjoyable part is making them trust me as an agent on the call
good people
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 11, 2015
Good team mates, that's all…
I like to help my clients to resolve their issues.
Down town and close to the subway.
Dealing with worldwide customers is what I have learned
It was a great place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Top performer 4 yrs in a row
Cons: Short lunches
Wish it did not fold!! Loved doing sales..Received awards for my work..Miss the people i worked with..Great place to work..The job was very stressful but nothing I could not handle..
COOL PLACE TO WORK IF ONLY THE THE JOB WAS FULLTIME
Customer service associate (Current Employee), BIRCHMOUNT TORONTO ONTARIOMarch 28, 2015
Cons: part time
its indeed a great place to work. we are hired by Teleperformance to work for Scotiabank at their facility at Birchmount.
Good for beginners
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2015
Good for people who wanted to work in a Call Center. Performers can grow within the company. Have flexible shifts. Hourly salary is low with comparison to other call centers.
Very Friendly work environment
Technical Support (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2015
Receiving calls related to technical issues ,I love helping frustrate customer to resolve their technical issues with the services problem they are so happy when they see that the solution work BUT ;The hardest part of the job is when you are not able to resolve the problem due is unknown and you have to deal with very,very angry and rude customers or escalated the tickets to engineering department.You really want to resolve the issue but they put all their frustrations on you.Then this is the unpaid job,you have to patiently deal with them and not always work especially if they have an expensive service

My co-workers on night shift they are amazing people,I love all of them,absolutely wonderful place to work every body is focus on their job and doing their best to resolve problems,the supervisors and managers are working hard and they are not bothering you all the time,they know you are working there focus on the job.Opposite to others job you have to hunt the supervisor because they are always busy to find any possible solution to resolve any technical issues if is unknown

Honestly you don't feel you are at work you feel you are at home,you can watch TV,talk with with your co-worker when there is a little bit of low calls volume (rarely happen) ,very friendly environment with flexible schedule and also available over time.
Bad Company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Nice Co-workers
Cons: Bad pay, no salary increases and horrible management
Teleperformance Thunder Bay in my opinion has been set up to fail ever since we lost our Microsoft client, it has been a horrible work environment for the last 4 years and it has only gotten worse as time goes on.
management runs is not so great
Customer Service/SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2015
most times the management is not sure what they are doing and sometimes having to speak to team leaders is a little hard because of the fact that we as agents know more about hot to troubleshoot than a team lead
Customer Service Related
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONMarch 18, 2015
Pros: very friendly
Answer queued call from customers relating to issues with the services, bills and orders

Noted accounts through database

Completed adjustments on accounts for customers

Company is no longer in business due to site closure
Lots of Opportunity
Outbound Sales Representative (Current Employee), TorontoMarch 12, 2015
Pros: lots of friends
Cons: dealing with angry customers
I have only worked here for 6 months but already have been able to apply for other departments. I see at least 2 internal jobs get posted a week. Fun days with food carts and activities.
Great part-time job for a student
Applecare: Technical support (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 12, 2015
This job is very flexible and allows for a manageable schedule for a full-time student. The management can be a little unorganized at times, but for the most part are great. The co-workers are the best part of the job as they're very diverse, and a great team to work with. The hardest part of the job would be having to deal with angry customers. The most enjoyable part of the job would be to help someone in need and to hear their satisfaction.
Amazing Workplace and Friendly environment - Opportunity to grow and learn , supportive management and lots of rewards including gift cards and goodis
Recruitment Coordinator / Employee Engagement (Current Employee), TorontoMarch 5, 2015
Employees = Robot
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: some of the supervisors are actually `human``, work schedul fits you school schedule
Cons: hr, management, washroom, etc.
The only thing I actually like about that job is that you can have a schedule working with your school hours. But besides that its a really bad job. Their management sucks really bad they if you reach the objectifs you only get a congratulations from your sup and thats all and iff you dont reach it oh god youre going to get an headache.

The HR doesnt even know all of the laws as she didnt know that when its the election day must have 4 consecutive hours of free time to go vote and if those hours are on our shift time they have to pay it. I actually had to call les normes du travail and they told me to warn them that if they dont pay me i have to fill a complaint. Thats when they approved to pay my hour.

They dont have close washroom to go it takes about 3 minutes just to get there and they ask you to log yourself out before going there and they only pay 1% of your day back for your toilet time. Just calculate 1% of your total shift it equals 4.8 minutes. Ive called again les normes du travail and they told me to fill a complaint. As I am a student I dont have time to do this.

I could tell you more about that but i would have to write a novel.
fun place to work
Engagement Coordinator (Current Employee), Thunder Bay, OntarioFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: free branded gifts, birthday and christmas gifts from my boss
Cons: no raise in 3 years, low pay
I was in charge of engaging staff to participate in outside fund raisers. I have learned excellent customer service skills and have greatly enhanced on me computer skills. The management are very understating to every situation and great to work with to have the opportunity to grow.
Good place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Well managed process with nice team members, very supportive team and help in the learning curve when you join.

Fun environment which keeps the employees going throughout the day

1 2 3 4 5

About Teleperformance

A leading European call center operator and one of the largest in the world, Teleperformance aims to speak the universal language – Read more