Teleperformance Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Close to home was a benefit, and they did provide SOME benefits but overall it was not a happy experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONApril 1, 2016
Pros: Close to home.
Cons: Long Hours, constantly changing shifts
Overall, not a pleasant place to work. Work environment was not overly good.Constantly changing expectations, some times day to day changes. The hardest part of the job was not in the customer service but in dealing with Managements constantly changing of expectations, sometime daily.
Co-Workers were great, Being with them was the only enjoyable part of my work day. Co-operation with co-workers was one thing I took away from there. I learned valuable lessons in teamwork.
Career
bilingual customer service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 23, 2016
Pros: Close to my residence
Cons: Schedule
Teleperformance offers opportunity to create a career within the company. The company also offers good benefits and recreational activities, in order to create a social and friendly environment between it employees.

Also, the location is excellent (Downtown Toronto), which is close to my residence, as well as my college.
Poorly organized. Only for the desperate.
customer service (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 5, 2015
Pros: close to metro and bus
Cons: no organization, no compassion, just a number
I am a current employee and have been here for three months. The supervisors and managers barely have a clue what is going on. The scheduling is a joke, and no one in management cares about the employees enough to help them. It is just above minimum wage-- they boast about benefits, bonuses, and activities, but I haven't seen any of this. It's fine if you just show up, do your job, and leave, but do not be fooled into thinking you are anything more than a number at this place.
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMarch 16, 2016
Pros: Pay
Cons: none that I can find
A typical day at work was outbound and inbound calls dealing with car dealership customer appointments;June Ontario voting; Post office stamp change reminders; and cell phone company answering customer questions.

I learned that there is always a co-worker that can help when needed answers from others can provide better job performance.

Management does great work in working with employees and other staff

My co-workers are much needed to get the work completed.

Hardest part of the job was to hear another co-worker is experiencing
struggles and kept quiet about their situation for the sake of keeping their job

Easiest part of the job with chatting it up with co-workers who provided help/information to make work less complicated.
Good company to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 17, 2016
I enjoyed working here, the salary was ok and benefits were good. The potential for growth is likely. I however believe management is poor needs a lot of improvement work on how they handle situations, especially with employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer & a Fun and Open work Environment
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 30, 2015
Pros: On the job improvement programmes, centred on employee development, equal opportunity employeer
Cons: Long hours, odd shifts, salary (everyone could do with more money right :D)
As with all call centres, the work is very demanding but the difference with Teleperformnace is that they are big on the development of the employee. It's more than just the grind with this company. They have programmes and systems in place that sees to the development of all employees and they promote upward movement from within.

Its a fun environment to work in with various activities to increase employee satisfaction.
The lowest of the low. They have issues with honesty and leadership.
technical support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: None
Cons: Dishonesty, poor wages, poor management.
I can't really say anything good about this company. Some of the people who work there are ok. On the down side the management is laden with ego issues and the recruiting department will tell you anything to get you to sign on. The pay is slightly above minimum wage but their expectations on employees are too high. Basically trying to squeeze every penny out of you before you get fed up and quit. Avoid this place unless you are starving.
Not well organised
Customer Service Agent and Sales Representative (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 2, 2015
Pros: 1 month trainning paid
Cons: Schedule issues
You cannot view your work schedule outside of the office, there is no raise, and no transfers from a campain to another. The Human Resources won't help you with the schedule issues. Supervisors ar not trained enough. Lot of technical difficulties with the system and with the computers. Paid training, not minimum rate.
Very productive and fun workplace with a pool table in the lunch room -
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 11, 2015
Pros: A lot monetary incentives as well as free food.
Cons: Long hours
Fun work place with supportive management, well trained on going basis a place to grow within the company, great incentives
comfortable but not professional
Customer care and Technical support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2015
It is easy money but not long carrier, you will find multi cultures and you will enjoy that.

the management not professional but helpful
Productive Place to work with pool tables and daily activities
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2015
Pros: Pot luck and free lunches
Cons: long hours and low pay
-A typical day includes talking to clients about the product, customer service works and ensuring that they enjoy the product they are about to get.

-I have learned to be patient and understand that the customer is always right and delivering high quality works is a win win strategy.

-The hardest part of the job is when the app crushes and the customers call and are unhappy with the service. Having to De-escalate the call can be very difficult.

-The most enjoyable part of the job is the daily activities such as dice rolling for highest points, lunch specials, gift cards etc.
Multicultural friendly work environment
Recruiter (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: Easy access
Cons: No parking space
Very challenging at the same time fun filled work environment. Provide excellent career advancement opportunities. Its multi cultural work force provides an exceptional experience in making friends and a stress free work environment.
Great place to start your career in customer service !!
Customer Service (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Meeting people with different cultures, learn a lot about different software and being adaptable !!
Cons: When you do not fall into a clic - hard to get advancement opportunities !!
As this is an outsource company -you learn to adapt to new campaigns as well as use different types of software !! Worked on bell campaign ,help train others, Save the children and help desk !! Worked with a lot of wonderful supervisors and had no issue with managemant !!
it is a fun and productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 3, 2016
It is a fun and productive place to work. Hours are flexible and colleagues are super nice. The culture of the organization is not too mechanistic, it is more organic. The company response well with the changing environment.
Great co workers to work with, company was on first stages of development so we all were learning at the same time
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 18, 2016
Pros: Great people to work with, excellent benefits, training, good environment
Cons: Weekend work. I rather working long hours during the week but weekends were tough
I worked on Inbound calls, it was great talking to different people and been able to help them solve their issues over the phone. Great helpful co workers to work with, company was on first stages of development so we all were learning at the same time. Friendly environment. Excellent benefits. Rotating shifts were not suitable sometimes for me.
OK place to work
Apple Technical Support (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 7, 2016
the job is simple, co workers are great and friendly, management needs some improvement. They also provide room to grow which is great.
Not a longterm position
Escalation Agent (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 21, 2016
Pros: Extra hours
Cons: Management
It started great. On training everything was good but on the floor it was completely different. After 2 supervisors left there was no one who could support you. The manager and the newly hired supervisors will only refer you to senior agents since they have no knowledge of the customer service. Saw no possibility of a raise even if I was raised to a higher position with more responsibilities and salary stayed the same 12.50$/hr.
New Trainees, Beware!!
Unilngual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 26, 2016
Pros: Internal job opportunities, good entry-level (if you're a favorite)
Cons: Their trainers treat new hires unfairly! Warning, DO NOT apply here!!
I was a new hire and for a few weeks (I won't tell you how long), the trainer never gave me a job. Teleperformance has shown me the kind or class of people they want. They encourage favoritism and it is an elitist company!
Good Workplace not flexible though
Bilingual English-Hindu/Urdu Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: relaxed environment
Cons: no flexibility
Good Workplace not flexible though overall learned alot about the job and was happy to be a part of a company life changing experience
This is a dead-end job. Worst place to work.
customer service (Former Employee), Montreal-est, QCJanuary 3, 2016
Pros: NOTHING
Cons: EVERYTHING
Worked here for over a year now and let me summarize WHY you shouldn't work or even think about working here for a long period of time.

1. THEY OVERWORK THEIR STAFF (it may sound general as there are many campaigns at Teleperformance but my campaign specifically, burns the heck out of everyone most especially the hardworking staff)

2. THEY DO NOT REWARD GOOD WORK. They would only offer "GRATUITY" when they need to suck something out of the few good people they have. In exchange of that "BONUS", you have to basically be their slave. If u didn't perform good enough, well, no bonus. And where does that bonus go? God knows where. As far as i am concerned, BONUSes exist because it is a REWARD for an exceptional performance. But Teleperformance make it look like we are dogs hungry for bones so unless you (as a dog) perform a clever trick, no bones for you. Sorry.

3. UNPROFESSIONAL LEADERS. Supervisors and managers should be there to guide you at your task and help bring out the best in you. But it is the other way around. Supervisors would avoid escalated calls 99% of the time. Call it lazy or incompetent but they get nothing done and only worries about the production yield. So yes, there is a HIGH TURNOVER rate.

4. THEY PROMOTE THE WRONG PEOPLE. They promise that there will be a "room for improvement". This is a complete lie. How does one person promote another? There are several things to consider but you OBVIOUSLY do not promote someone just because they are your "buddies" off work. Not because someone is punctual BUT is utterly clueless of the job means that person – more... gets promoted. The promotion at my campaign was a complete JOKE. All the negative feed backs a hardworking staff can think of are all here.

I/We are not treated fairly at this place. You might wanna consider these abovementioned feed backs before applying unless you are desperate and/or do not mind losing your sanity. – less
Headquarters