Teleperformance Employee Reviews in Canada

Not a career move
Operator Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 18, 2016
You don't want to work at this company as they have the worst positions and treatment as an employee. The recruiter will tell you there are commissions and base on your sales you will make more money, but that isn't the case. while I was there I did about 35 sales a week and NO COMMISSION!! at all.. Only the team leaders and supervisors will get there share, and then we got the hours......

That is another problem...

Good luck to all of you!
Pros
Events such as small dept parties
Cons
Information up top No Hours for work/layoff
Not so Physically Demanding job
Customer Service Representative (Sales Agent) (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QCJune 30, 2016
Basically my job in telepeformance is more focused on online sales. You get to learn more about manipulating the website and doing technical stuff like helping customers solve an issue online, placing orders and checking up on customer orders.However, it is kind of frustrating because they are not flexible with schedules like it will take a while for you to request your desired schedule, and very short break time. On the contrary, they offer good benefits like medical and dental insurance which is what i like about it. Generally, this is not a difficult job as long as you know how to use the computer and the internet and you have that confidence and patience to deal with customers.
Pros
Health and dental benifits
Cons
Not flexible with schedule change and short breaktime
Not a longterm position
Escalation Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 21, 2016
It started great. On training everything was good but on the floor it was completely different. After 2 supervisors left there was no one who could support you. The manager and the newly hired supervisors will only refer you to senior agents since they have no knowledge of the customer service. Saw no possibility of a raise even if I was raised to a higher position with more responsibilities and salary stayed the same 12.50$/hr.
Pros
Extra hours
Cons
Great co workers to work with, company was on first stages of development so we all were learning at the same time
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 18, 2016
I worked on Inbound calls, it was great talking to different people and been able to help them solve their issues over the phone. Great helpful co workers to work with, company was on first stages of development so we all were learning at the same time. Friendly environment. Excellent benefits. Rotating shifts were not suitable sometimes for me.
Pros
Great people to work with, excellent benefits, training, good environment
Cons
Weekend work. I rather working long hours during the week but weekends were tough
Worst Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 16, 2016
I have worked with this company, lot of work pressure Biased supervisors less pay. in my 12 years of work career this the pathetic company I worked for. they hire you very easily but make your life miserable from there on.
Pros
nothing positive about the company
Cons
less pay, long hours, lot of pressure and Biased supervisors
Close to home was a benefit, and they did provide SOME benefits but overall it was not a happy experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONApril 1, 2016
Overall, not a pleasant place to work. Work environment was not overly good.Constantly changing expectations, some times day to day changes. The hardest part of the job was not in the customer service but in dealing with Managements constantly changing of expectations, sometime daily.
Co-Workers were great, Being with them was the only enjoyable part of my work day. Co-operation with co-workers was one thing I took away from there. I learned valuable lessons in teamwork.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Long Hours, constantly changing shifts
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONMarch 16, 2016
A typical day at work was outbound and inbound calls dealing with car dealership customer appointments;June Ontario voting; Post office stamp change reminders; and cell phone company answering customer questions.

I learned that there is always a co-worker that can help when needed answers from others can provide better job performance.

Management does great work in working with employees and other staff

My co-workers are much needed to get the work completed.

Hardest part of the job was to hear another co-worker is experiencing
struggles and kept quiet about their situation for the sake of keeping their job

Easiest part of the job with chatting it up with co-workers who provided help/information to make work less complicated.
Pros
Pay
Cons
none that I can find
Friendly people and Management
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Teleperformance PhilippinesJuly 19, 2016
I learned how to assist the customer in a proper manner and with the highest standard procedures, I'm also aware of those disciplinary action might happen one I did something wrong or out of the procedures.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Happy environment
New Trainees, Beware!!
Unilngual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 26, 2016
I was a new hire and for a few weeks (I won't tell you how long), the trainer never gave me a job. Teleperformance has shown me the kind or class of people they want. They encourage favoritism and it is an elitist company!
Pros
Internal job opportunities, good entry-level (if you're a favorite)
Cons
Their trainers treat new hires unfairly! Warning, DO NOT apply here!!
Good place if you're an immigrant
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 13, 2016
Worse place l ever worked most unprofessional people l have ever worked with.Management sucks they let some people do whatever they want. I wouldn't,
' trust that place if l was a client people hide their phones in boots cups pockets wherever they can.
great incentives and benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 19, 2016
A typical day at teleperformance would be to assist customers with the understanding of their phone bill, add phone features that customers would order. Provide information regarding new information and plans
Cons
no room for advancement
Excellent place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 12, 2016
Management is interested and helpful in campaign requirements and needs. The supervisors are professional and well trained and timely in their coaching and development of the agents
Pros
Great Call Centre Manager
Cons
Excellent Supervisors
it is very unorganized
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 17, 2016
at work surrounded by co-workers its a fun day, but they lack communication from the boss to the agents. that left us with a big gap. they managers did not understand or take the agents opinions on matters when we are the ones that dealt with the customers first hand.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2016
I enjoy working here.
good company to grow with.
People are very friendly.
learned objection handling.
hardest part of the job is that sometimes we get arrogant customers.
most enjoyable time is the training time.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
short lunch
Great experience at Teleperformance.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 19, 2016
Everything is good at this place of work, learned how to help the customer, resolving issues in both languages (Spanish and English) work with a co-workers is amazing, hard part of job are the schedules.
Career
bilingual customer service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 23, 2016
Teleperformance offers opportunity to create a career within the company. The company also offers good benefits and recreational activities, in order to create a social and friendly environment between it employees.

Also, the location is excellent (Downtown Toronto), which is close to my residence, as well as my college.
Pros
Close to my residence
Cons
Schedule
The lowest of the low. They have issues with honesty and leadership.
technical support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2016
I can't really say anything good about this company. Some of the people who work there are ok. On the down side the management is laden with ego issues and the recruiting department will tell you anything to get you to sign on. The pay is slightly above minimum wage but their expectations on employees are too high. Basically trying to squeeze every penny out of you before you get fed up and quit. Avoid this place unless you are starving.
Pros
Cons
Dishonesty, poor wages, poor management.
Not employee friendly
Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 29, 2016
I work 9 : 00 to 5 : 00 Monday through Friday. Because July 1st is on friday this year I am off work this day. Now they are forcing me to come into work on Saturday which is my day off. Some holiday for me !! Not employee friendly !
Review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 31, 2016
Pros
Great for getting call centre experience Good training, fast paced environment, meet interesting people
Cons
Benefits not great. Schedule not flexible,pay is horrible with the amount of work we have to do
Challenging and opportunity to grow
Customer Support Specialist/Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2016
Challenging and opportunity to grow, nice coworkers, variable and flexible shifts, full/part time available, different business area to work with. Well managed software's so to fast and easy searching of information.