TEKTRONIX Employee Reviews

One of the BEST Companies that cares about employees
Worldwide Service Logistics and Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, OR22 March 2017
One of the best companies I have worked for in my career. Every level of management cares about the employees. In return, the employees stay with the company and give the company their very best. Great training, advancement, benefits, rewards... the best.
Pros
Cons
Nothing.... really!
Tektronix is a Medium Pace Company with thorough product development cycles.
ENGINEER III (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR11 March 2017
Tektronix is a medium pace company with thorough product development cycles. They adhere to the steps of "New Product Introduction" (NPI) with great diligence.
Pros
Great benifits and the freedom to develop new skills
Cons
Pay is low
Good place
System Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX25 January 2017
Alcatel offers a lot to emp. great place to work, good benefit,(Vacation, holidays). nice environment with good people and good management
Group Project with them
Senior Design Project (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, OR21 January 2017
Tektronix seems like a strange and inviting place to work. A lot to do, but always a calm environment. If you're a good grindstone worker than you'll love it. However if you're more a loose cannon when it comes to goals and work projects you may want something a little more open.
Great place to learn
RF calibration lead (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka27 August 2016
lot of opportunities given to enhance my skills.
got the opportunity to learn manual calibration.
good supportive management
encouraging co-workers.
travelling.
travelling.
Pros
supports emplyees
Cons
No allowance for travelling
Buyer Planner II (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR15 February 2017
Really loved this job. Was going to he hired full time. However the parent company sold Tektronix before that could happen and all temp to hire employees and straight temp employees were all let go.
Pros
Great people, great job, Manager that knew what he was doing.
Lack of Supervision
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Billerica, MA30 December 2016
There is no Manager or Supervisor on site. Employee's constantly are arguing and fighting. They come and go and do whatever they want
Cons
Drama, no supervision
Great culture and benefits
Key Account Manager / MVS Calibration Sales (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OR17 March 2016
Tektronix is an icon to the world as a business that created the electronics industry. It is a great company to work for. The salary is lower than industry standard, but the benefits and culture are top notch.
Pros
Gym, Cafeteria, benefits.
Cons
Low salary
High caliber environment, excellent development opportunities
Finance (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OR18 July 2016
High caliber environment, excellent development opportunities, management committed to employee engagement, global experience, value in learning the tools in Danaher Business System
My Tektronix Career
End-User support Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaverton Or.9 November 2014
During my 16 years work at Tektronix Beaverton I have met so many outstanding people . The Tektronix community was like a home. The time was always challenging and has a great group of people to support me in all my endeavors.
The direct management at Tektronix was always supportive and encouraging. The hardest part of any IT job was keeping up with the changing field. The best part of the job was being able to work directly with my customers. I will always look back on this part of my work career as a very positive part of my life.
Pros
Good benifits, Great people
Cons
It moving to a less direct IT interaction with customers.
Work Somewhere else
Calibration Technician V Lab Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Beaverton Oregon5 May 2013
I was promoted to supervisor. My employees make more money than I do. I was promised a raise in April along with being put on the "OPs Bonus". 2 months after my promotion they changed their mind about the OPs bonus and in April I found out they changed thier mind about the raise too. I have an employee that show up at whatever time suits him and whatever days suit him. When I tried a peformance plan, write up, or termination they were all denied. This employee consistantly shows up 2 to 3 hours late. Tektronix will not let me do anything about it because the attrition rate will go up if he leaves. He has had 2 raises and a promotion this year and granted flexible work hours, meanwhile I can't promote a good technician because the budget is not there. Tektronix is all about the numbers, share holders, and upper management bonuses and craps on it's employees that do a good job. You need to be a jerk that shows up late, turns equipment with no reguard for standards, defies your management, and threatens to leave. If you have the criteria listed you will go far at tektronix.
Pros
Room for promotion
Cons
I make $26/hour 3 out of 6 of my employees make more than me.
fun and healthy work place
Intern/CSR/retail (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR21 April 2016
A typical work day would be logging into the computer and checking emails and voicemails. Customers that contacted me needed quotes for calibration on any unit or product they had. Beaverton is the headquarter for tektronix. with that being said any calls made from around the US for tektronix where placed to my location. I would have to find the unit they had and see what location around the US that could calibrate that unit and give the customer a quote for shipping and the price of the calibration. This job is more of an office job. You dont really talk to your co-workers but everyone is always willing to help if someone is stuck. everyone i worked with were nice people.
They Know what they're doing.
Calibration Technician II (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZ17 April 2016
They have been doing this long enough to know what to do. They change with the times. Cross training is important to them. Everyone gets a chance to advance.
Pros
Cross training, Benefits, Pay, Advancment
Excellent Company
Desktop Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bracknell12 May 2016
Excellent company to work with and a nice work culture.
Very nice colleagues to work with too, relaxed environment too.
Try to find employment elsewhere.
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR16 September 2013
Tektronix used to be one of the companies people desired to work for. Since its acquisition by Danaher it has become a company where metrics are valued over people, senior management is not held accountable for poor decision making, and bullying by management has become common-place.
You will be expected to put in extra hours (nights, weekends, holidays), place work before family and "jump when told to jump".
Sadly, Tektronix is a withering giant who is falling behind their competition and has no answer as to what to do.
Pros
Occasional access to the Nike Employee Store
Cons
No work/life balance, Uncertain future for the company, Management prefers to bully employee's toward desired results rather than lead
Good Staff
Calibration Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA6 December 2015
A typical day involves reviewing the backlog and prioritizing.

I learned different technical disciplines here and about the ISO Standard. Tektronix allowed for several educational opportunities I wish I jumped on.

Management changed once while I was there but the one running the lab when I left was putting in 14 hour days and it showed in the quality of the production.

Friendly work environment, everyone got along.

The hardest part of the job was the travel, some times one could be on the road for months.

Even though the travel was tough, I did enjoy going to places like Montana and Wyoming.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Good People
Cons
Excessive Traveling
Used to be great, now like all huge companies (mediocre)
Dallas, TX (Former Employee) –  Manager9 November 2011
Tektronix was a great company to work for, they managed acquisitions well, treated their staff well, had fair compensation and good strategy and growth in their market. Tek was acquired by Danaher, large operating company. This change in ownership turned Tektronix from a great company into a mediocre part of an enormous company. It still has a lot of great staff and good products but it is not the same.
Pros
many great staff to interact with, many ways to grow your career, good products
Cons
owned by a large operating company (danaher), large company policies/frustrations
Loved the people I worked with
service technician (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR29 December 2015
Loved the people I worked with. Worked many hours of OT and never paid for it. Was told by manager that it all works itself out in the end.

Pay was good, Management does not listen to worker bees. HR doesn't care unless you are management.

Laid off, then sent a Appreciation Cert for years worked there.
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Management turned backs on you when they lay you off. Many OT hours not paid for.
Excellent work environment, excellent bosses
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CA27 April 2016
Enjoy working here.
Cool Co workers
Bosses are very good
Challenging work , huge and complex system
Love breaking the application
dead lines are the hardest part
Pros
Very good work environment, very good people, free snacks
Cons
Missing vision for future
Flexible, good work hours, steady amount of work, good co-workers
Calibration Technician (Current Employee) –  Evendale, Ohio9 July 2013
The benefits start on day one of hire. Full medical, dental, vision and life. Hours are good but management is flexible for doctors appointments, emergencies, ect. Steady flow of work and enough fields of calibration to keep you working on different things.
Pros
Flexible and good work hours. Good benefits
Cons
Poor managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TEKTRONIX. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9