TEKTRONIX Employee Reviews

A typical day at work
Technical Editor (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR14 February 2018
I would arrive at 10 a.m. and work until 7 p.m. I would edit incoming documents and enter them into Acrobat.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay. I made excellent money here for a contract worker.
Pros
Good lunch room
Cons
nonoe
Small company in a time warp
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR24 January 2018
When I worked at Tektronix more than 10 years ago, it was a company that shrunken from having been a bigger player in the tech space. It felt like I'd warped back in time when I worked there. I'd been at a larger high tech company, but this felt like a dated, has-been, washed up, minor league player. The computers and software was all old and needed to be updated and sometimes this impacted being able to work. The management was hit and miss. I didn't stay long. It was a struggle to work there.
Cons
Some managers were terrible, odd corporate culture, very outdated computers and software
Slower paced technology company layoff cycles every 3 years or so
Software Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR9 January 2018
Let me start out by saying Tektronix is not a bad company to work for, but it is not one I would recommend.

On the plus side: comparable salary, educational opportunities, good work/life balance, friendly environment

On the con side: Tektronix is a slower pace technology company that is losing market share on their product lines. Not as innovative as they use to be and prone to layoffs every 2 to 3 years.

Upward mobility is limited as company seems to be shrinking instead of growing which is main reason for not recommending.

If looking for a job to pay the bills, work normal hours and not necessarily be challenged intellectually at work this is a good place to work. Caveat is not saying job is easy. Most product lines are sustaining and streamlining, so innovation is limited and work becomes routine after initial learning curve.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Friendly enviroment
Cons
job security, slower paced not as challenging
Most enjoyable part of the job
CSR & EAST COAST REGIONAL ONSITE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OR16 November 2017
great teamwork and positive atmosphere
amount of paid time off provided with no waiting period when hired on you get full benefits
inspire awards
experience helps individual to develop overall office skills and knowledge of computer systems
nothing
Senior Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX29 October 2017
Nothing to share here as I don't know who may be seen this review, therefore i'll rather no to say anything at this moment, may be later I could post something
high-paced job
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Paris (75)23 October 2017
Recruited into the corporation to proactively develop business in EMEA in the telecommunications arena. Responsible for launching campaigns for the Communications Business Unit in EMEA, as well as new product introductions in the optical and wireless businesses. Attended top-level Optical and Wireless training courses at major trade fairs.
Excellent work place
CENTRAL UTILITIES OPERATOR/MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR20 October 2017
I enjoyed working at tektronix, generally speaking they had good managers who started at the bottom and worked their way up. We were paid decent shift differentials and were cross trained as mechanics when we started as operators. We got decent raises, great profit share pay,and cost of living raises.
Pros
excellent company
Enjoyed Working Here
FIELD SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  CONUS6 October 2017
I worked here for over 8 years, and was laid off when a federal contract was given to another firm. I was paid fairly, treated like I was an important member of the team, and generally enjoyed my job. My manager allowed us to work independently, but would call to check in regularly. We were allowed and even encouraged to work overtime to get back on schedule if we needed to. The health benefits were great, as was the paid vacation policy. All in all, a great place to work.
Pros
Great benefits, supportive management
Cons
I spent a lot of time away from home
Tektronix is a great place to work
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OR4 September 2017
Tektronix is a great place to work. Opportunities to advance and move to other jobs abound, and there is a lot of extremely interesting projects and technical challenges to work on. Most of all, the people at Tektronix are great to work with.
Very dificult mangement system to understand
Calibration Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GA31 August 2017
Always good ideas but with no follow up to do a lot of great ideas. Also management is very over bearing and monitor all time and what is done during work hours.
Pros
Cons
Micro magement
A great company to work for.
Telemarketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR23 August 2017
Every co-worker was happy with their job. And very helpful, when I first started. Lots of communication between co-workers. What I learn there I will be able to take with me to my next job.
Education Opportunities
Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR23 August 2017
I received numerous opportunities for education and for advancement while at Tektronix. I worked there for 17 years and always felt supported in my efforts to succeed.
Pros
Education
Good work life balance
Sr. Software Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OR7 August 2017
Very rare that you have to put in extra time. Overall very nice people. Traditional hardware company that now is transitioning to more software solutions, but are far behind in software developent.
Pros
Good work life balance. Soccer field on campus. Nice people
Cons
Not very skilled middle management
Not a "great place to work"
CSR (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR1 August 2017
High turnover rate.
No formal training, just shadowing other CSRs.
Too much micromanaging.
No overtime, but very high expectations.
Lack of professionalism.
Pros
the pay
Cons
Too many to mention
learned new technology and was a competitive environment
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX24 June 2017
Work environment was centered around team work. It was process oriented. We had informal dressing, flexible work hours, and good Work-Life balance. We were given expectations and responsibility and were expected to deliver without being micromanaged. We would get recognition for any good work. Top management had open door policy and we could skip a level and talk to the higher management if needed.
Improve Worker Treatment
Lab Support & Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WA18 June 2017
I worked as contract on-site engineer for Tektronix (now Netscout), for more than two years. During this time, it was very difficult to escape from the conclusion that contract on-site workers are not treated the same way as other workers.
A leader in the test & measurement market
Strategic Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR14 June 2017
Danaher owns Tektronix (as well as Fluke, Hach, etc.) and thus the Danaher Business System (DBS - i.e. LEAN) is deployed across the enterprise. As such, Danaher manages all of their companies to financial performance - which may drive short term executive behavior. Overall a good company to work for.
Pros
Salary & Benefits
Cons
Executive leadership (high turnover rate)
I did not work for Textronix
Did not work there (Former Employee) –  did not work there13 June 2017
Once again this is a company that Xerox acquired. My only responsibility was to transfer patent and invention disclosure information for there system to ours.
Fantastic innovation and engineering, with less solid marketing
System Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR7 June 2017
Constant technical challenges, which made for very interesting work.

The engineers were a good and understanding group.

Engineering was undercut by weaker upper management and marketing.
Pros
Shopping the old equipment at fire sale prices
Cons
10 minute response time for on-call work could be problematic when driving.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OR24 May 2017
Its difficult to explain the cultural norm, as managers have been been at the company less than the minions who do the work. They continue to hire from outside the company, trying to poatch the competition, which usually is less than ideal. Then GMs and VPs are in and out before you know whats going on. In my current roll I've had 7 managers in the last 4 years.
Pros
Summer hours (half day Friday's), free gym, great people to work with
Cons
management mucking in the processes, campus is falling apart

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TEKTRONIX. Our community is ready to answer.