TEKTRONIX

TEKTRONIX Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
sales
Sales executive (Former Employee), BracknellAugust 25, 2014
great workplace, the co-workers are supportive, I enjoyed working in this company
Good company to work for.
Production Associate 4 (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORJuly 16, 2014
While I like working at Tektronix I like even more the culture and flexibility they offer even more.
Excellent company, cared about the employees, opportunities to advance
Chemical Operations Manager (Former Employee), Forest Grove, ORMay 27, 2014
Pros: good facilities, good people
The challenge of a new day! Was great. Always trying to improve any and all things. Able to expand my knowledge daily and apply that to job criteria. Never put limits on what you can do. Never stop learning.
Management was interesting. Always need to be aware of the big picture, what impact I had in it and how could I meet those goals.
I was able to – more... assemble a very good staff to accomplish the goals of our work areas. They made a fantastic team of overachievers.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with a 24/7 operation and being on call, which they often did. Of course, a couple of years of sub-zero temps and outside plumbing offered challenges as well.
I enjoyed the challenges, always trying to improve the operations, learning to improve my skillset. Always have safety in mind and practice. Be as ready as you can for anything can happen at anytime! – less
Fun workplace but no vision and growth
Field Application Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAMay 2, 2014
Pros: freedom
Cons: very diificult for a non sales team member to be respected
Great place to understand the T&M industry but not a place where you are allowed to take risks and make changes.
Not people oriented.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 13, 2014
Company and brand driven into the dirt after purchase by holding company.
Tektronix was a fun, enjoyable, and safe place to work where they treated their employees with respect and kindness.
Kiln operator (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORDecember 16, 2013
Pros: very respectful to employees, used the honor system, did not have to clock in with a time card, very safety concious, continuous safety training, reward meals and parties for special occasions
Cons: i can't think of any cons. it is a great company.
Tektronix was a wonderful place to work. Everyone was very supportive: management, lead people, and fellow employees. The job I did was very fun and interesting, too. They are very respectful to their employees there. We were allowed to be on the honor system and did not have to clock in with a time card. They were also very concerned with employee – more... safety and required special and on-going safety training.
The hardest part of my job, I think, was having to be there at 6:00 am to start in the morning, but I lived very close, so it was a quick drive, and it was nice to get off early because of starting early. Another challenge was to keep my mind focused and not allow it to wander off during the many hours of repetitive work.
The most enjoyable part of my job was getting into the rhythm of putting the ceramic tiles onto the kiln conveyor belt and taking them off at the other end when they had gone through the firing cycle. I enjoy repetitive work like that and having a goal of completing the job on time and doing a high quality job.
We had nice breaks, too - two fifteen minute breaks and a half hour lunch. Someone from my group would take over the kiln work while I was on my break.
A typical day would be that after arriving in the morning, I would get into my clean-room suit and give the the kilns an overall wipe-down and check all the gauges for the proper readings. The purpose of the kilns was to fire the tiles between printings, so the printers were located right next to the kilns, and after each kiln firing, the parts would go back onto the shelf for the next stage of printing. I would take the first holder of tiles and lay each tile down in rows on the kiln belt. It would take an hour for the firing to be completed and time for them to come out the other end. We had timers to help remind us that it was time, because if someone wasn't there to take them off the belt, they would land on the floor, and they are very delicate and breakable! Sometimes I would run three kilns at once so would be running to get the tiles put on in time and running around the other end to take them off in time! Everyone was very supportive, and if the load got too heavy, I would just call for help, and one of the printers or lead person would come and help me catch up.
Also, when the firing schedule was slow, I would do some inspection of incoming blank tiles and some packaging of them at the end.
The main thing I learned doing this job was to focus and pay attention - not to let my mind wander which can happen when doing a repetitive job. – less
Friendly and fun work place
Service Telemarketing - DACH region (Former Employee), BracknellOctober 23, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: na
Busy day - dealing with lots of cold and warm calls. Good exposure to multi-cultural staff and customers.

Managing and priortizing tasks and duties. Exposure to new work tools - Citrix and Pivotal.

Friendly and co-operative colleagues.

Long hours on phone

Talking to lots of different kinds of customers.
Hell
Calibration Technician (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2013
Pros: nil
Cons: management
Very poor management. Today we found out they closing our location and moving work to other labs. Which was due to managers failure to manage and reach goals.
Company is not family oriented. Formal investigation is now on the way due to mamangers behaviour to employees.
For your own good there is no future with tektronix. Quality is nil. All they want – more... is quantity....which is not what calibration is about.
Please stay far as possible.
East regional has no clue what he is doing....running company to the ground..........just brushing stuff under the rug to make his bonus. Run as fast as you can – less
Managed marketing and sales of the company. The company evolved from a family to strict corporate culture when purchased
World Wide Value Segment Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Beaverton OROctober 15, 2013
Pros: sales management
Cons: new owners
Worked with all levels of the company, customers and distributors. Learned all aspects of electronic sales. I loved managing sales people and distributors. Hardest part of the job was transition to new ownership.
Operate lean and mean. It takes vision and teamwork, solving problems,truly caring, giving hope and building faith, leadership equals profit
Solder Flow & production line management (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: management support and approreations to solve the problems
Cons: the understanding not everyone let alone management is supportive so i had to win them over.
.My day at work started with verifying every employee was in position and ready to start. I was head of the team, as trainer I made sure every man new his responsibility. I taught them to envision the need and gave them the authority to execute it properly and concisely our team worked like clockwork. We beat the quotas on constant basis. People are – more... inherently lazy without hope of a future. I gave them employment and work, I gave them hope and a future with the company. I am a problem solver and as a MTM specialist to remove bottlenecks was the hardest part of the job. It took management support and we had it.to improve productivity, while maintaining quality of workmanship. In solving problems attitudes changed because I showed a caring attitude. People need to know their supported and the endemic problems that face them every day will be solved.
For me the hardest part of the job was instilling faith and hope in humanity. This was accomplished by keeping my word by following through with real solutions, showing I truly cared and had their best interest at heart. It was not only providing leadership but instilling faith in me and giving them hope by solving the problems.
The part of the job that I enjoyed the most was how our team worked together; it was like magic, a finely tuned clock. I truly owe it all to the management support I received. No man is an island and truly no man pulls himself up by his own bootlaces. We need one another, good men and woman who have a keen sense of what needs to be done. It gives me great pleasure knowing I have grown the profit margin. Gained market share and produced a better workforce equipped with all the tools at their disposal to become the best that they can be. I was shocked to find after reading one year of Harvard Business Report that scientifically my approach works. It builds the best companies. to work for. How would you like your company on that list? In tough times it's so important not to hire but rather assess the capabilities of each employee and within reason expect all to pitch in a take on more responsibility A publicly traded company has to return a profit to stock holders. So removing the things that slow people down and create bottlenecks that can bring any area of an operation to its knees. Solving these endemic issues and others will reduce stress, give people a reason to show up to work; rather than calling in sick. It will build a sense of belonging and instill hope and build faith. .It will lead any company to success with ever increasing market share. Improve the quality and quantity of output. . – less
Try to find employment elsewhere.
Former employee (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: occasional access to the nike employee store
Cons: no work/life balance, uncertain future for the company, management prefers to bully employee's toward desired results rather than lead
Tektronix used to be one of the companies people desired to work for. Since its acquisition by Danaher it has become a company where metrics are valued over people, senior management is not held accountable for poor decision making, and bullying by management has become common-place.
You will be expected to put in extra hours (nights, weekends, holidays), – more... place work before family and "jump when told to jump".
Sadly, Tektronix is a withering giant who is falling behind their competition and has no answer as to what to do. – less
Flexible, good work hours, steady amount of work, good co-workers
Calibration Technician (Current Employee), Evendale, OhioJuly 9, 2013
Pros: flexible and good work hours. good benefits
Cons: poor managment
The benefits start on day one of hire. Full medical, dental, vision and life. Hours are good but management is flexible for doctors appointments, emergencies, ect. Steady flow of work and enough fields of calibration to keep you working on different things.
ok just bullied by younger staff members
eccomerece manager (Former Employee), cheltenhamMay 21, 2013
Pros: discount items
Cons: work in general
management pathetic
co workers lazy
long hours under appreciated
Work Somewhere else
Calibration Technician V Lab Supervisor (Current Employee), Beaverton OregonMay 5, 2013
Pros: room for promotion
Cons: i make $26/hour 3 out of 6 of my employees make more than me.
I was promoted to supervisor. My employees make more money than I do. I was promised a raise in April along with being put on the "OPs Bonus". 2 months after my promotion they changed their mind about the OPs bonus and in April I found out they changed thier mind about the raise too. I have an employee that show up at whatever time suits him and whatever – more... days suit him. When I tried a peformance plan, write up, or termination they were all denied. This employee consistantly shows up 2 to 3 hours late. Tektronix will not let me do anything about it because the attrition rate will go up if he leaves. He has had 2 raises and a promotion this year and granted flexible work hours, meanwhile I can't promote a good technician because the budget is not there. Tektronix is all about the numbers, share holders, and upper management bonuses and craps on it's employees that do a good job. You need to be a jerk that shows up late, turns equipment with no reguard for standards, defies your management, and threatens to leave. If you have the criteria listed you will go far at tektronix. – less
software development interesting but not much job security
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Wilsonville, ORApril 15, 2013
Pros: teams were close and helped each other resolve issues
Cons: job security
Work was fun, often involving tracking down and resolving specific software are hardware problems. Hardest part of the job was dealing with outsourcing of jobs and transfer of manufacturing to Asia.
I would not recomend working at this facility
Test Technician (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: excelent core values of the parent co.
Cons: parent co. core values not consistently implemented at this facility
The facility I was emploied at was inconsistant witht eh core falues of the parent Company.
Some management resistant to change while rest of company embraces DBS
Engineer (Current Employee), .February 15, 2013
Some management resistant to change while rest of company embraces DBS
great work environment
Calibration Technician/ Metrologist (Current Employee), Rome, NYAugust 29, 2012
TEST AND MEASUREMENT EQUIPMENT. NO DIRECT SET SCHEDULE WITH FLEXIBLE HRS. LEADERSHIP IS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND BUSINESS MINDED.
Very busy, fast paced, constantly changing priorities.
Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 20, 2012
Pros: scheduled work hours
Cons: constant change in management personnel.
The company could not find/keep a good driver. I constantly had do do both my job and the drivers job. Working with the calibration technicians was very enjoyable and a great learning experience.
Excellent place to work if you like to play soccer at lunch
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORJune 4, 2012
I have 20 yrs experience working with and around production under different disciplines, for a company as large as Intel to as small as Bioject. I have worked in the ecr/eco process and implemented changes and improvements. I have designed products from concept to production, dealing with in house vendors such as purchasing, production, R&D, and Marketing. – more... I have dealt with out of house recourses to ensure a quality product, worked hand in hand with machine shops to ensure quality in the parts they are producing. – less

About TEKTRONIX

Tektronix measures up as a leader in the testing industry. The company, widely known as Tek, is one of the world's largest makers – Read more