TEKTRONIX Employee Reviews

Group Project with them
Senior Design Project (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, OR21 January 2017
Tektronix seems like a strange and inviting place to work. A lot to do, but always a calm environment. If you're a good grindstone worker than you'll love it. However if you're more a loose cannon when it comes to goals and work projects you may want something a little more open.
Buyer Planner II (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR15 February 2017
Really loved this job. Was going to he hired full time. However the parent company sold Tektronix before that could happen and all temp to hire employees and straight temp employees were all let go.
Pros
Great people, great job, Manager that knew what he was doing.
Lack of Supervision
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Billerica, MA30 December 2016
There is no Manager or Supervisor on site. Employee's constantly are arguing and fighting. They come and go and do whatever they want
Cons
Drama, no supervision
Great place to learn
RF calibration lead (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka27 August 2016
lot of opportunities given to enhance my skills.
got the opportunity to learn manual calibration.
good supportive management
encouraging co-workers.
travelling.
travelling.
Pros
supports emplyees
Cons
No allowance for travelling
High caliber environment, excellent development opportunities
Finance (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OR18 July 2016
High caliber environment, excellent development opportunities, management committed to employee engagement, global experience, value in learning the tools in Danaher Business System
fun and healthy work place
Intern/CSR/retail (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR21 April 2016
A typical work day would be logging into the computer and checking emails and voicemails. Customers that contacted me needed quotes for calibration on any unit or product they had. Beaverton is the headquarter for tektronix. with that being said any calls made from around the US for tektronix where placed to my location. I would have to find the unit they had and see what location around the US that could calibrate that unit and give the customer a quote for shipping and the price of the calibration. This job is more of an office job. You dont really talk to your co-workers but everyone is always willing to help if someone is stuck. everyone i worked with were nice people.
Excellent work environment, excellent bosses
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CA27 April 2016
Enjoy working here.
Cool Co workers
Bosses are very good
Challenging work , huge and complex system
Love breaking the application
dead lines are the hardest part
Pros
Very good work environment, very good people, free snacks
Cons
Missing vision for future
They Know what they're doing.
Calibration Technician II (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZ17 April 2016
They have been doing this long enough to know what to do. They change with the times. Cross training is important to them. Everyone gets a chance to advance.
Pros
Cross training, Benefits, Pay, Advancment
Great culture and benefits
Key Account Manager / MVS Calibration Sales (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OR17 March 2016
Tektronix is an icon to the world as a business that created the electronics industry. It is a great company to work for. The salary is lower than industry standard, but the benefits and culture are top notch.
Pros
Gym, Cafeteria, benefits.
Cons
Low salary
Loved the people I worked with
service technician (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR29 December 2015
Loved the people I worked with. Worked many hours of OT and never paid for it. Was told by manager that it all works itself out in the end.

Pay was good, Management does not listen to worker bees. HR doesn't care unless you are management.

Laid off, then sent a Appreciation Cert for years worked there.
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Management turned backs on you when they lay you off. Many OT hours not paid for.
Excellent Company
Desktop Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bracknell12 May 2016
Excellent company to work with and a nice work culture.
Very nice colleagues to work with too, relaxed environment too.
Good Staff
Calibration Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA6 December 2015
A typical day involves reviewing the backlog and prioritizing.

I learned different technical disciplines here and about the ISO Standard. Tektronix allowed for several educational opportunities I wish I jumped on.

Management changed once while I was there but the one running the lab when I left was putting in 14 hour days and it showed in the quality of the production.

Friendly work environment, everyone got along.

The hardest part of the job was the travel, some times one could be on the road for months.

Even though the travel was tough, I did enjoy going to places like Montana and Wyoming.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Good People
Cons
Excessive Traveling
Excellent engineering teams and program manager,
Product Development Technician (Former Employee) –  New Product Introduction22 October 2015
Both projects with TEK were rather short, but extended until both teams were caught up with side works. My typical work day included building and re/configuring fixtures, ordering parts, inspection of incoming parts, modifying boards and instruments, programming firmware, tracking of the inventory, customer return investigation, thermal testing and gathering the data, and collecting characterization data. My teams and both products managers were appreciative and I will not hesitate accepting new assignment from any of them.
Worked in a clean room cleaning wafers and putting layers of mettle on and seperating the indivual finished chips
Floor sales men (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR1 December 2015
No changes as when I worked there before. what more do I need to say. Liked my co-workers, fun to work with. Making things was the most enjoyable part, a finished product
Lots of experienced engineer; Friendly and relaxing working environment; Very nice campus; relatively stable benefit.
Senior Software Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OR15 July 2015
Many experienced engineer to learn from and work with. Plenty things to challenge yourself if you are a self motivator. Nice gym, soccer field and a Starbucks on campus. Benefit is getting worse every year though.
Unprofessional interview process by engineering manager
engineer (Former Employee) –  beaverton16 March 2015
Very unprofessional of engineering manager, Graham, to fail in notifying interview candidate of change in 7 hour, 2nd interview. Apparently, this is an example of what it would be like to work there and how a sub-par manager at that company treats interview candidates and gets away with it. Of course, luckily his careless actions saved me from wasting my time with that company.
Old school company managed by a financial holdings company
ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CA6 February 2015
Old school company. Hierarchy is top-down. Folks are nice but the culture just doesn't lend to effective collaboration. No room for growth and little appetite to train employees. Lots of older (40+) employees here.

The mother company Danaher is a financial holdings company and cares more about squeezing every dollar of profit it can than anything else. This can make working at Tektronix frustrating.
My Tektronix Career
End-User support Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaverton Or.9 November 2014
During my 16 years work at Tektronix Beaverton I have met so many outstanding people . The Tektronix community was like a home. The time was always challenging and has a great group of people to support me in all my endeavors.
The direct management at Tektronix was always supportive and encouraging. The hardest part of any IT job was keeping up with the changing field. The best part of the job was being able to work directly with my customers. I will always look back on this part of my work career as a very positive part of my life.
Pros
Good benifits, Great people
Cons
It moving to a less direct IT interaction with customers.
Excellent place to work if you like to play soccer at lunch
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OR4 June 2012
I have 20 yrs experience working with and around production under different disciplines, for a company as large as Intel to as small as Bioject. I have worked in the ecr/eco process and implemented changes and improvements. I have designed products from concept to production, dealing with in house vendors such as purchasing, production, R&D, and Marketing. I have dealt with out of house recourses to ensure a quality product, worked hand in hand with machine shops to ensure quality in the parts they are producing.
Used to be great, now like all huge companies (mediocre)
Dallas, TX (Former Employee) –  Manager9 November 2011
Tektronix was a great company to work for, they managed acquisitions well, treated their staff well, had fair compensation and good strategy and growth in their market. Tek was acquired by Danaher, large operating company. This change in ownership turned Tektronix from a great company into a mediocre part of an enormous company. It still has a lot of great staff and good products but it is not the same.
Pros
many great staff to interact with, many ways to grow your career, good products
Cons
owned by a large operating company (danaher), large company policies/frustrations

2.9