TEKTRONIX

TEKTRONIX Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Staff
Calibration Service Technician (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 6, 2015
Pros: Flexible Hours, Good People
Cons: Excessive Traveling
A typical day involves reviewing the backlog and prioritizing.

I learned different technical disciplines here and about the ISO Standard. Tektronix allowed for several educational opportunities I wish I jumped on.

Management changed once while I was there but the one running the lab when I left was putting in 14 hour days and it showed in the quality of the production.

Friendly work environment, everyone got along.

The hardest part of the job was the travel, some times one could be on the road for months.

Even though the travel was tough, I did enjoy going to places like Montana and Wyoming.
Worked in a clean room cleaning wafers and putting layers of mettle on and seperating the indivual finished chips
Floor sales men (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORDecember 1, 2015
No changes as when I worked there before. what more do I need to say. Liked my co-workers, fun to work with. Making things was the most enjoyable part, a finished product
Excellent engineering teams and program manager,
Product Development Technician (Former Employee), New Product IntroductionOctober 22, 2015
Both projects with TEK were rather short, but extended until both teams were caught up with side works. My typical work day included building and re/configuring fixtures, ordering parts, inspection of incoming parts, modifying boards and instruments, programming firmware, tracking of the inventory, customer return investigation, thermal testing and gathering the data, and collecting characterization data. My teams and both products managers were appreciative and I will not hesitate accepting new assignment from any of them.
Lots of experienced engineer; Friendly and relaxing working environment; Very nice campus; relatively stable benefit.
Senior Software Design Engineer (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORJuly 15, 2015
Many experienced engineer to learn from and work with. Plenty things to challenge yourself if you are a self motivator. Nice gym, soccer field and a Starbucks on campus. Benefit is getting worse every year though.
Great place to work in the 70s and 80s.
Product Engineer for New Products (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORJune 2, 2015
Lots of challenges and promotional opportunities.
Good lower and middle management.
Good pay and advancement.
Great products but too long to market.
great place to work
Admin Support Specialist (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORMay 25, 2015
Tektronix is a very good place to work. I really enjoyed working there I would consider it my second home.People and benefits were great.
Great employees to work with
Technical Support (Former Employee), PlanoMay 11, 2015
Solid technology growth, good employee benefits. Fair work stability not strong. People are great to work with and can learn from them.
Great culture and people
Material Warehouse Specialist / Demo Prep Tech (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORApril 22, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: They laid me off
Very interesting and diverse working environment and our adjustable work schedule was excellent. Enjoyed learning about test and measurement equipment.
Unprofessional interview process by engineering manager
engineer (Former Employee), beavertonMarch 16, 2015
Very unprofessional of engineering manager, Graham, to fail in notifying interview candidate of change in 7 hour, 2nd interview. Apparently, this is an example of what it would be like to work there and how a sub-par manager at that company treats interview candidates and gets away with it. Of course, luckily his careless actions saved me from wasting my time with that company.
Tektronix: Where they don't know your name
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORMarch 2, 2015
The work is interesting, but management does NOT care about you at all. If you're okay with being overworked with overtime every single day and treated like a slave this is the place for you.
Good Company
Calibration Technician (Current Employee), Billerica, MAMarch 1, 2015
This was a good company to work for. Built and tested 3 different machines while I was there. Very team work mentality and was encouraging to keep doing so.
Great Place to Intern
Mechanical Design Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: quality mentors, flexible hours
Cons: traffic to get to the office
Great engineering atmosphere, always trying to improve designs. My mentor was very helpful in developing me as an engineer.
Old school company managed by a financial holdings company
ENGINEER (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Old school company. Hierarchy is top-down. Folks are nice but the culture just doesn't lend to effective collaboration. No room for growth and little appetite to train employees. Lots of older (40+) employees here.

The mother company Danaher is a financial holdings company and cares more about squeezing every dollar of profit it can than anything else. This can make working at Tektronix frustrating.
Tek is a company that 100% embraces Lean-Six Sigma principles
Master Black Belt (Sr. Mgr., Re-Engineering) (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: work/life balance
Management is completely open to wide ranging changes. It was exciting to work with the Shanghai, China, division. Great work/life balance.
Great company to work for
Calibration Technician III (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 19, 2014
During the time I worked with Tektronix, I flourished. I was able to learn new equipment and learn the automation aspect of calibration i was not privileged to before. i really enjoyed my time with them and would definitely work with them again.
My Tektronix Career
End-User support Technician (Former Employee), Beaverton Or.November 9, 2014
Pros: good benifits, great people
Cons: it moving to a less direct it interaction with customers.
During my 16 years work at Tektronix Beaverton I have met so many outstanding people . The Tektronix community was like a home. The time was always challenging and has a great group of people to support me in all my endeavors.
The direct management at Tektronix was always supportive and encouraging. The hardest part of any IT job was keeping up with the changing field. The best part of the job was being able to work directly with my customers. I will always look back on this part of my work career as a very positive part of my life.
productive and fun place
planner (Former Employee), 上海市, C23November 2, 2014
1. Improve delivery performance to customers (delivery on time), productivity and inventory control through an optimized planning.
2. Maintain and execute MPS through coordinating with relevant teams. And adjust it according to actual demand timely.
3. Release and control production order (DJ or WO) under MPS ( Follow up Master Schedule, and "translate" it into daily production schedule); Leverage resource to ensure the fulfillment of Production Order and completion on time ,. And adjust it according to actual demand timely.
4. To maintain & optimize planning parameters
5. Control the production output and shipment plan implementation. Schedule actual order from customers every day, and Deal with customers’ feedback and complain in 24 hours.
6. Support to work out valid forecast and suitable production plan based on marketing needs, sales forecast and inventory situation.
7. Prepare reports, summaries and analyses on planning related topics
8. Implement production smoothing and Lean production strategy.
9. Work with supply chain team to track and monitor material supply.
10. Monitor BOM and support engineering change.
high pressure
Technician (Former Employee), Kent, WASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: pressure push for production
Constant pressure and standards were not good enough.
Everybody was afraid of being fired. Five people released just before me. More than 50 people left in the last four years.
sales
Sales executive (Former Employee), BracknellAugust 25, 2014
great workplace, the co-workers are supportive, I enjoyed working in this company
Good company to work for.
Production Associate 4 (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORJuly 16, 2014
While I like working at Tektronix I like even more the culture and flexibility they offer even more.
Headquarters