TEKTRONIX Employee Reviews

Excellent Company
Desktop Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  BracknellMay 12, 2016
Excellent company to work with and a nice work culture.
Very nice colleagues to work with too, relaxed environment too.
Excellent work environment, excellent bosses
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 27, 2016
Enjoy working here.
Cool Co workers
Bosses are very good
Challenging work , huge and complex system
Love breaking the application
dead lines are the hardest part
Pros
Very good work environment, very good people, free snacks
Cons
Missing vision for future
fun and healthy work place
Intern/CSR/retail (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORApril 21, 2016
A typical work day would be logging into the computer and checking emails and voicemails. Customers that contacted me needed quotes for calibration on any unit or product they had. Beaverton is the headquarter for tektronix. with that being said any calls made from around the US for tektronix where placed to my location. I would have to find the unit they had and see what location around the US that could calibrate that unit and give the customer a quote for shipping and the price of the calibration. This job is more of an office job. You dont really talk to your co-workers but everyone is always willing to help if someone is stuck. everyone i worked with were nice people.
They Know what they're doing.
Calibration Technician II (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZApril 17, 2016
They have been doing this long enough to know what to do. They change with the times. Cross training is important to them. Everyone gets a chance to advance.
Pros
Cross training, Benefits, Pay, Advancment
Great culture and benefits
Key Account Manager / MVS Calibration Sales (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMarch 17, 2016
Tektronix is an icon to the world as a business that created the electronics industry. It is a great company to work for. The salary is lower than industry standard, but the benefits and culture are top notch.
Pros
Gym, Cafeteria, benefits.
Cons
Low salary
Loved the people I worked with
service technician (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORDecember 29, 2015
Loved the people I worked with. Worked many hours of OT and never paid for it. Was told by manager that it all works itself out in the end.

Pay was good, Management does not listen to worker bees. HR doesn't care unless you are management.

Laid off, then sent a Appreciation Cert for years worked there.
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Management turned backs on you when they lay you off. Many OT hours not paid for.
Good Staff
Calibration Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 6, 2015
A typical day involves reviewing the backlog and prioritizing.

I learned different technical disciplines here and about the ISO Standard. Tektronix allowed for several educational opportunities I wish I jumped on.

Management changed once while I was there but the one running the lab when I left was putting in 14 hour days and it showed in the quality of the production.

Friendly work environment, everyone got along.

The hardest part of the job was the travel, some times one could be on the road for months.

Even though the travel was tough, I did enjoy going to places like Montana and Wyoming.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Good People
Cons
Excessive Traveling
Worked in a clean room cleaning wafers and putting layers of mettle on and seperating the indivual finished chips
Floor sales men (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORDecember 1, 2015
No changes as when I worked there before. what more do I need to say. Liked my co-workers, fun to work with. Making things was the most enjoyable part, a finished product
Excellent engineering teams and program manager,
Product Development Technician (Former Employee) –  New Product IntroductionOctober 22, 2015
Both projects with TEK were rather short, but extended until both teams were caught up with side works. My typical work day included building and re/configuring fixtures, ordering parts, inspection of incoming parts, modifying boards and instruments, programming firmware, tracking of the inventory, customer return investigation, thermal testing and gathering the data, and collecting characterization data. My teams and both products managers were appreciative and I will not hesitate accepting new assignment from any of them.
Lots of experienced engineer; Friendly and relaxing working environment; Very nice campus; relatively stable benefit.
Senior Software Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 15, 2015
Many experienced engineer to learn from and work with. Plenty things to challenge yourself if you are a self motivator. Nice gym, soccer field and a Starbucks on campus. Benefit is getting worse every year though.
Great place to work in the 70s and 80s.
Product Engineer for New Products (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 2, 2015
Lots of challenges and promotional opportunities.
Good lower and middle management.
Good pay and advancement.
Great products but too long to market.
great place to work
Admin Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMay 25, 2015
Tektronix is a very good place to work. I really enjoyed working there I would consider it my second home.People and benefits were great.
Great employees to work with
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  PlanoMay 11, 2015
Solid technology growth, good employee benefits. Fair work stability not strong. People are great to work with and can learn from them.
Great culture and people
Material Warehouse Specialist / Demo Prep Tech (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORApril 22, 2015
Very interesting and diverse working environment and our adjustable work schedule was excellent. Enjoyed learning about test and measurement equipment.
Pros
people
Cons
They laid me off
Unprofessional interview process by engineering manager
engineer (Former Employee) –  beavertonMarch 16, 2015
Very unprofessional of engineering manager, Graham, to fail in notifying interview candidate of change in 7 hour, 2nd interview. Apparently, this is an example of what it would be like to work there and how a sub-par manager at that company treats interview candidates and gets away with it. Of course, luckily his careless actions saved me from wasting my time with that company.
Tektronix: Where they don't know your name
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMarch 2, 2015
The work is interesting, but management does NOT care about you at all. If you're okay with being overworked with overtime every single day and treated like a slave this is the place for you.
Good Company
Calibration Technician (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAMarch 1, 2015
This was a good company to work for. Built and tested 3 different machines while I was there. Very team work mentality and was encouraging to keep doing so.
Great Place to Intern
Mechanical Design Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 25, 2015
Great engineering atmosphere, always trying to improve designs. My mentor was very helpful in developing me as an engineer.
Pros
quality mentors, flexible hours
Cons
traffic to get to the office
Old school company managed by a financial holdings company
ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Old school company. Hierarchy is top-down. Folks are nice but the culture just doesn't lend to effective collaboration. No room for growth and little appetite to train employees. Lots of older (40+) employees here.

The mother company Danaher is a financial holdings company and cares more about squeezing every dollar of profit it can than anything else. This can make working at Tektronix frustrating.
Tek is a company that 100% embraces Lean-Six Sigma principles
Master Black Belt (Sr. Mgr., Re-Engineering) (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 24, 2015
Management is completely open to wide ranging changes. It was exciting to work with the Shanghai, China, division. Great work/life balance.
Pros
work/life balance

2.9