Tekelec Employee Reviews

Over-all in Tekelec
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NC28 July 2017
Before Oracle acquired Tekelec, it was a smaller company and great place to work. Work hours were flexible, vacation time was great, and paid very well. But now is part of Oracle Inc.
Pros
Cons
Owned by Oracle Inc.
Small company atmosphere.
Operation Technician III (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NC25 July 2017
Fast Paced.
Very Lean
Make do with what you have
Good communication
Sometimes long days
Overtime
Cross training
Management listens to your ideas
Good benefits
Pros
Small company
Cons
Very little upward job movement.
A very rigid but well managed company. Very process oriented
Sr. Manager, Mechanical Design (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NC23 July 2017
Tekelec was a very interesting telecom company that had the most regular and predictable hours of any company I have worked, past and present. The company has since been acquired by Oracle.
Pros
Regular and predictatable hours
Cons
Work and technology were a little boring and not very inventive
Knowledgeable Bosses
Contract Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NC3 July 2017
The managers at Tekelec, now Oracle, knew their business, and they knew processes. Everyone I dealt with had a PMP qualification. Process management was very good, probably better than any company I have ever worked for other than IBM.
Excellent Work Environment
Upgrades Liaison Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Carolina7 April 2017
Hired on in its infancy quickly became an industry leader Packet switching and local number portability. Everyone worked towards a common goal which was to lead the way in the technology we delivered.
Pros
People
Cons
No longer Exsist
Company no longer exists
Test Engineer, DV TPD (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NC11 March 2017
It was a fun ride while it lasted, then we were bought out by Oracle. Things went downhill from there and now all the old Tekelec employees have either already jumped ship or were laid off. I miss the good old days.
Pros
Subsidized Lunches, Health care incentives.
Cons
Company does exist anymore
Excellent Managerial and Technical team!!
Project Senior Executive (Former Employee) –  Mexico and LAD Region24 October 2016
An excellent company that lets you learn and grow with the team; with continuous challenges and excellent teamwork environment.
Pros
Excellent place to learn and grow
Cons
Work life balance sometimes is not equal
Good Place to work, I had a great manager
FOA First office Application Engineer (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NC13 July 2016
I had a great manager who cared about his people. Tekelec had a good work environment and the people were great. Hours were flexible for the most part and learning opportunities were always available
Enjoyed my time with Tekelec
Director, Delivery Services, Next Gen Switching (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX16 June 2016
Enjoyed my short time with Tekelec after they purchased Taqua. Same as any Telecom during this time, job security always a concern in a struggling industry.
Pros
Excitement of Start-ups coming together
Cons
Job security
Very professional management and co-workers
Product Verification - PV Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NC9 June 2016
With over 20+ years of working in the industry, Tekelec would be my favorite choice of places to work. The atmosphere was challenging yet with plenty of opportunities to learn new ideas.
Cons
Flexible hours
Lots of Smart Good people
Supervisor Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CA22 January 2016
I enjoy working with smart people in an environment that puts a premium on critical thinking, technical excellence, and getting things done
Many Ex- employees have stayed connected
Tekelec was bought by Oracle
Systems Administration - Jr (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX9 November 2015
Was a decent company back in 2007 when I was there. As far as I know, it is under completely new management now that Oracle bought it.
Installion Techician
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NC2 July 2015
Work as a CO equipment technician was exciting learning new technology and traveling to new places.

We worked steady for 2-3 months and completed new CO equipment installations, but then the company lost the contracts with their customer's and our work ran out.
Pros
Their salary and benifits were good
Cons
Inconsistant work load, had to locate another job
Excellent work / life balance
Deal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NC23 March 2015
Flexible work environment. Great people. Learned many aspects of the telecom industry, not just those related to the job. Good training and management. Great benefits.
Tekelec
Professional Services Engineer (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NC4 March 2015
Tekelec was ok till Oracle purchased them. Once Oracle came into the mix, integration and altering established business practices shut down a lot of the Professional Services Organizations as the Carriers do no like Oracle nor do they wish to deal with their heavy handed tactics.
Professional environment and team to work with
Credit & Collection Controller (Former Employee) –  Islamabad3 February 2015
I worked with highly motivated and professional team members which test my expertise and giving me ample opportunity to contribute and develop more skills. They polish my skills and ehance my skills to work under pressure.
A good company - less than 1000 employees
Global Customer Service - Project Management (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NC11 September 2014
This a Broadband Data Network company with industry leading hardware and software. Enjoy working here, they support team building and management is about average I would say. We merged with Oracle last year and the transition has been a task. This was due to conversions of all our software and hardware data bases into Oracles global process. A great place where I have made many friends and contacts.
Pros
Opportunity to work from home on ocassion
Cons
Oracle is a big company
Great telecom company that was purchased by Oracle
Director, Global Real Estate & Facilities (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NC27 May 2014
Spent 21 years at Tekelec in a variety of management roles. A great environment to work in, but was purchased by Oracle.
Pros
Entrepreneurial spirit, camaraderie, variety of job challenges
Conscious and Efficient Workplace
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NC29 March 2014
Very good place to learn and do independent work. Gave opportunities to entry-level candidates very often.
Bonne formation
Formation par un Manager de la société (Former Employee) –  Paris12 January 2014
- Le côté intéressant et international de cette expérience
- Formation en 3 langues: Français, anglais et espagnol