Tekelec Employee Reviews

Good Place to work, I had a great manager
FOA First office Application Engineer (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NC13 July 2016
I had a great manager who cared about his people. Tekelec had a good work environment and the people were great. Hours were flexible for the most part and learning opportunities were always available
Enjoyed my time with Tekelec
Director, Delivery Services, Next Gen Switching (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX16 June 2016
Enjoyed my short time with Tekelec after they purchased Taqua. Same as any Telecom during this time, job security always a concern in a struggling industry.
Pros
Excitement of Start-ups coming together
Cons
Job security
Very professional management and co-workers
Product Verification - PV Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NC9 June 2016
With over 20+ years of working in the industry, Tekelec would be my favorite choice of places to work. The atmosphere was challenging yet with plenty of opportunities to learn new ideas.
Cons
Flexible hours
Lots of Smart Good people
Supervisor Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CA22 January 2016
I enjoy working with smart people in an environment that puts a premium on critical thinking, technical excellence, and getting things done
Many Ex- employees have stayed connected
Tekelec was bought by Oracle
Systems Administration - Jr (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX9 November 2015
Was a decent company back in 2007 when I was there. As far as I know, it is under completely new management now that Oracle bought it.
Installion Techician
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NC2 July 2015
Work as a CO equipment technician was exciting learning new technology and traveling to new places.

We worked steady for 2-3 months and completed new CO equipment installations, but then the company lost the contracts with their customer's and our work ran out.
Pros
Their salary and benifits were good
Cons
Inconsistant work load, had to locate another job
Excellent work / life balance
Deal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NC23 March 2015
Flexible work environment. Great people. Learned many aspects of the telecom industry, not just those related to the job. Good training and management. Great benefits.
Tekelec
Professional Services Engineer (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NC4 March 2015
Tekelec was ok till Oracle purchased them. Once Oracle came into the mix, integration and altering established business practices shut down a lot of the Professional Services Organizations as the Carriers do no like Oracle nor do they wish to deal with their heavy handed tactics.
Professional environment and team to work with
Credit & Collection Controller (Former Employee) –  Islamabad3 February 2015
I worked with highly motivated and professional team members which test my expertise and giving me ample opportunity to contribute and develop more skills. They polish my skills and ehance my skills to work under pressure.
A good company - less than 1000 employees
Global Customer Service - Project Management (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NC11 September 2014
This a Broadband Data Network company with industry leading hardware and software. Enjoy working here, they support team building and management is about average I would say. We merged with Oracle last year and the transition has been a task. This was due to conversions of all our software and hardware data bases into Oracles global process. A great place where I have made many friends and contacts.
Pros
Opportunity to work from home on ocassion
Cons
Oracle is a big company
Great telecom company that was purchased by Oracle
Director, Global Real Estate & Facilities (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NC27 May 2014
Spent 21 years at Tekelec in a variety of management roles. A great environment to work in, but was purchased by Oracle.
Pros
Entrepreneurial spirit, camaraderie, variety of job challenges
Conscious and Efficient Workplace
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NC29 March 2014
Very good place to learn and do independent work. Gave opportunities to entry-level candidates very often.
great place
Accounts Payable Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NC1 July 2013
great place to work. some flexible schedule in some area. Benefits great
Pros
love the people
Great company
Operations Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NC25 June 2013
Company in transition and has wealth of talented employees.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Company in transition
challenging job to balanace multiple projects
Technical Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NC19 May 2013
flexible hours
opportunity to learn new technology
technology leader
Pros
flexible work hours, opportunity to learn
Cons
no growth potential
Execellent Company to work for.
Sr. Director - Global Credit and Collections (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NC7 May 2013
Tekelec is a great Company to work for. They provide competitive salary and you are rewared if you perform well. Great benefits as well.
Pros
Competitive salary, great benefits
Cons
Smaller company and opporutinty to grow is limited
Used to be a great place to work
Systems Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NC2 April 2013
Great co-workers, decent benefits, compensation was good a few years ago, has been on the decline. Good managers are few and far between.
Overall Good
LMS Administrator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC18 January 2013
What started out as a seven week contract turned into nine months. They were great about time-off when my daughter was born. The pay leaved a little something to be desired but these days any job that pays more than $25.00 per hour is better than no job at all. My only complaint was when the contract was renewed at various points, there was always 2-3 week furlough.
A great place to work and grow
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NC14 January 2013
I was blessed to be provided the opportunity to work with a large management team and the largest team, Research & Development - Engineering. This team was approximately 280 individuals and I enjoyed working with and supporting each one of them. I respected and trusted the Vice President and his management team. They respected me.

I was always challenged, busy and when an opportunity arose that I wanted to add to my job, I was encouraged to go for it. I had the support of my team. This was an amazing position for me.
Pros
working with the r&d team, team support, opportunities to grow & learn
Cons
having to leave this job
Great working experience
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CA20 December 2012
Great working experience. Excellent management. Pleasant overall.
Pros
the training provided was excellent
Cons
not enough opportunities for advancement