Tekelec Employee Reviews

Enjoyed my time with Tekelec
Director, Delivery Services, Next Gen Switching (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 16, 2016
Enjoyed my short time with Tekelec after they purchased Taqua. Same as any Telecom during this time, job security always a concern in a struggling industry.
Pros
Excitement of Start-ups coming together
Cons
Job security
Installion Techician
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 2, 2015
Work as a CO equipment technician was exciting learning new technology and traveling to new places.

We worked steady for 2-3 months and completed new CO equipment installations, but then the company lost the contracts with their customer's and our work ran out.
Pros
Their salary and benifits were good
Cons
Inconsistant work load, had to locate another job
Very professional management and co-workers
Product Verification - PV Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJune 9, 2016
With over 20+ years of working in the industry, Tekelec would be my favorite choice of places to work. The atmosphere was challenging yet with plenty of opportunities to learn new ideas.
Cons
Flexible hours
Excellent work / life balance
Deal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMarch 23, 2015
Flexible work environment. Great people. Learned many aspects of the telecom industry, not just those related to the job. Good training and management. Great benefits.
Lots of Smart Good people
Supervisor Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAJanuary 22, 2016
I enjoy working with smart people in an environment that puts a premium on critical thinking, technical excellence, and getting things done
Many Ex- employees have stayed connected
Execellent Company to work for.
Sr. Director - Global Credit and Collections (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 7, 2013
Tekelec is a great Company to work for. They provide competitive salary and you are rewared if you perform well. Great benefits as well.
Pros
competitive salary, great benefits
Cons
smaller company and opporutinty to grow is limited
Tekelec was bought by Oracle
Systems Administration - Jr (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 9, 2015
Was a decent company back in 2007 when I was there. As far as I know, it is under completely new management now that Oracle bought it.
Used to be a great place to work
Systems Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCApril 2, 2013
Great co-workers, decent benefits, compensation was good a few years ago, has been on the decline. Good managers are few and far between.
great place
Accounts Payable Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 1, 2013
great place to work. some flexible schedule in some area. Benefits great
Pros
love the people
Cutting edge technology to work with, great people, excellent process management.
Contract Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCOctober 16, 2012
A typical day at Tekelec is full of healthy challenges to step up to and a supportive management staff with excellent process management and well documented work instructions to help you complete important tasks toward project completion.

Co-workers were friendly, supportive, and helpful, and always understanding and respectful of the time of their co-workers. The hardest part of my assignment at Tekelec was the sheer volume of work that needed to be done, which also happened to be a good thing, knowing that there was always something that needed to be done every day, but the most enjoyable part of it was that there was always a puzzle to be solved or a complex task to navigate.
A great place to work and grow
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 14, 2013
I was blessed to be provided the opportunity to work with a large management team and the largest team, Research & Development - Engineering. This team was approximately 280 individuals and I enjoyed working with and supporting each one of them. I respected and trusted the Vice President and his management team. They respected me.

I was always challenged, busy and when an opportunity arose that I wanted to add to my job, I was encouraged to go for it. I had the support of my team. This was an amazing position for me.
Pros
working with the r&d team, team support, opportunities to grow & learn
Cons
having to leave this job
A good company - less than 1000 employees
Global Customer Service - Project Management (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCSeptember 11, 2014
This a Broadband Data Network company with industry leading hardware and software. Enjoy working here, they support team building and management is about average I would say. We merged with Oracle last year and the transition has been a task. This was due to conversions of all our software and hardware data bases into Oracles global process. A great place where I have made many friends and contacts.
Pros
opportunity to work from home on ocassion
Cons
oracle is a big company
Great working experience
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CADecember 20, 2012
Great working experience. Excellent management. Pleasant overall.
Pros
the training provided was excellent
Cons
not enough opportunities for advancement
Productive place to work
HR Analyst /Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 9, 2012
Very extensive schedule; however, great opportunity to challenge oneself, evolve and learn.
Pros
challenges
Cons
difficult to defined work/life balance
Tekelec
Professional Services Engineer (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMarch 4, 2015
Tekelec was ok till Oracle purchased them. Once Oracle came into the mix, integration and altering established business practices shut down a lot of the Professional Services Organizations as the Carriers do no like Oracle nor do they wish to deal with their heavy handed tactics.
Great telecom company that was purchased by Oracle
Director, Global Real Estate & Facilities (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 27, 2014
Spent 21 years at Tekelec in a variety of management roles. A great environment to work in, but was purchased by Oracle.
Pros
entrepreneurial spirit, camaraderie, variety of job challenges
Professional environment and team to work with
Credit & Collection Controller (Former Employee) –  IslamabadFebruary 3, 2015
I worked with highly motivated and professional team members which test my expertise and giving me ample opportunity to contribute and develop more skills. They polish my skills and ehance my skills to work under pressure.
Overall Good
LMS Administrator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 18, 2013
What started out as a seven week contract turned into nine months. They were great about time-off when my daughter was born. The pay leaved a little something to be desired but these days any job that pays more than $25.00 per hour is better than no job at all. My only complaint was when the contract was renewed at various points, there was always 2-3 week furlough.
challenging job to balanace multiple projects
Technical Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMay 19, 2013
flexible hours
opportunity to learn new technology
technology leader
Pros
flexible work hours, opportunity to learn
Cons
no growth potential
Great company
Operations Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJune 25, 2013
Company in transition and has wealth of talented employees.
Pros
great company
Cons
company in transition