An important member of the Teen Challenge Marketing & Creative Services Team, the
Jr. Graphic Artist will develop layout, design and images for a wide variety of creative
projects, including (but not limited to) direct mail appeals, newsletters, capital campaign
materials, event promotional materials, advertisements, brochures, business cards and signs.
This person will be responsible for the preparation of those projects for press or in-house
production. In addition, this person may be asked to enter content into the organization’s
websites, including text, graphics and video and related links, design and develop HTMLbased
1. Completion of College Diploma or equivalent
2. Strong design and layout abilities
3. Must be proficient on Macintosh platform using Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
4. Experience in working with various file formats and preparation of graphics for print and web
5. Good typing and spelling skills
6. General understanding of MS Office
7. Ability to work with minimal supervision
8. Deadline oriented with high work capacity
9. Strong organizational and time management abilities
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSBILITIES
1. Layout and graphics preparation for projects, as assigned, for various print jobs.
2. To make recommendations to the Marketing Manager on print graphics and
1. Other functions may include, but are not limited to, participation in periodic production
meetings with collaborative team, event support, light bindery and inventory control.