Our client is an established business to consumer online entity that offers that rewarding combination of enterprise level complexity in a smaller high tech team (50+ people).
They have an opportunity for an Oracle DBA to join their four person database development team and expand your PL/SQL development expertise. Reporting to the Development Director, you will do database development as well as support the application development team throughout the entire SDLC. You will work closely with the Architects to make decisions, assist in running sprints and work in an environment which allows technology professionals a wide breadth of scope. A key part of your role will be monitoring database performance during high load testing, analysing and fixing any performance issues.
This is purely a development environment (production support managed in another location) so there is no need for “on call” work. This company has two week iterations but are very well managed so they seldom need to do overtime. If you like DBA work, would like to expand your Oracle development responsibilities and work in a development environment, you should speak to us about this role.
What you need to have:
- Expertise with Oracle 11g platform
- Experience with query tuning, performance tuning, data model design
- Proven ability to monitor the database under high load testing (not production) and be able to diagnose and fix performance issues
- Experience with PL/SQL and development shops
What you will be doing:
- Develop in PL/SQL and SQL (70% of time) while administering multiple Oracle development environments (30% of time). If your PL/SQL is a little rusty, you will have the opportunity to get it up to speed
- Develop and update physical and logical models of databases that serve online, high transaction applications
- Collaborate with architects and Java developers to deliver high availability, high transaction software with an Oracle backend
- Create functional and technical database specifications from business requirements as well as liaising across departments to facilitate OLTP and OLAP solutions design and development
Please note: Candidates need to be authorized to work in Canada. This client will consider out of town candidates planning to relocate to Vancouver – please address this in your cover letter / email if you are not currently available in Vancouver.
For information about TEEMA Solutions Group and to consider other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.teemagroup.com