Java Web Developer – Front End - 6 month initial contract
If you love to code end to end, can contribute to design and would like to gain further expertise in online services / high transaction website environments as well as experience with Grails, you should consider this role.
This online solutions group is experiencing dramatic growth and is looking to add an experienced software engineer with extensive experience in front end web development. This position is for a central development team that manages a portfolio of online products and provides hands-on development for several product sites.
This is an initial six month contract with the potential of renewals or permanent opportunities.
Things you need to have:
- 5 years building enterprise level websites with Java – ideally ecommerce, B2C
- Apache, Tomcat, Eclipse IDE, SCMs, Jenkins Continuous Integration
- A portfolio of websites that you played a role in developing
- Experience working in an Agile development shop
It would be great if you also had:
- Experience with a framework such as Grails or Ruby on Rails
- High transaction web site development experience
What you will be doing:
- Slice PSD mock-ups and create high quality HTML and CSS code
- Build multiple external facing, high transaction websites for high profile brands
- Code for reliability across all major browsers
- Create prototypes
- Create Grails controllers and tag libraries
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives inclusive of researching new technology
Candidates need to be authorized to work in Canada and available for interviews in Vancouver.
For information about TEEMA Solutions Group and to consider other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.teemagroup.com