- Working under the guidance of a Product Architect the Java/Product Developer will be responsible to design, program and document at least one sub system of the order entry and order management product. The Product Developer will define the required algorithms required for the product tasks and programs them.
- The product subsystems are browser front-end, workflow, external system interfaces and internal framework. The product is mature and set of new functionality has to be incorporated keeping full backward-compatibility.
Things you need to have:
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science.
- Requires well-developed communication skills and the ability to maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with the product development team.
- Independent, curious, driven and having a strong will to succeed.
It would be great if you also had:
- An appreciation for technical alternatives and high knowledge of emerging technologies.
- Knowledgeable in the telecommunications and cable companies Operating Support Systems
- Strong analytical skills and a high achievement and learning orientation
- Conceptual/big picture thinker.
- An accomplished proven track record of producing successful, effective, reliable, efficient software.
- Flexible, willing to backtrack and seek multiple innovative alternate solutions.
- Highly competent in different aspects of product life cycle, i.e., analysis, design, programming and testing.
- Knowledge of competitor’s products.
What you will be doing:
- Defines the changes in the existing code and the new code that has to be written.
- Presents the design to the architect council and participates in the design review and acceptance process.
- Programs the accepted design. The programming environment is Eclipse and J2EE.
- Documents the new and changed functionality. User guide and tutorial documents are needed for each changed or new function.
- Defines and performs performance benchmarking for the new functionality.
- Proposes new product functionality.
- Presents the existing and new functionality in internal (in the company) and external (for the customers) knowledge transfer sessions.
Indeed - 9 months ago