Development Engineer - Java
You are a Computer Science graduate with 2+ years’ experience commercial experience developing in Java. You love ensuring your code is clean, efficient and scalable. Technology is a personal interest, not just a job, and you demonstrate this by researching and doing personal projects to keep up to date and investigate new technology.
Our client is a leader in technology with a prestigious brand name and a reputation for excellence in their products and the people they hire. Due to growth, they have an opportunity for a Java Developer to join an eight person team in downtown Vancouver. This team develops, maintains and supports high traffic sites utilizing the best technology available in virtualization, NoSQL databases and cloud computing.
The role offers a great combination of working in a smaller team which is part of a large organization so you can be innovative while having exceptional resources available to you. Technical complexity, the ability to see the impact your work has on the business and being surrounded by technically excellent colleagues will offer challenge and job satisfaction. And, yes, there are opportunities for career progression.
What you need to have:
- Computer Science degree (Masters an asset) and at least 2 years Java web development experience
- Proven ability to develop in core Java, utilize data structures effectively and write algorithms from scratch
- Demonstrated interest and passion for technology and investigating new tools and trends
What you will be doing:
- Develop, maintain and provide support for high transaction sites
- Participate in new development projects that contribute to the success and growth of the business
- Contribute to the evolution of development processes and investigate new tools and technology
Please note: Candidates need to be authorized to work in Canada and available for interviews in Vancouver
For information about TEEMA Solutions Group and to consider other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.teemagroup.com