Our client is currently looking for an Application IT Architect for their Regina office to provide solutions to business problems.
This is a long term contract (2 years) in Regina (We only encourage candidates who are willing to relocate to Regina to apply for this job)
IT solutions provided by IT Application Architects may include systems, applications or processes, and may involve the application and integration of a wide variety of products, services and technologies. The Application IT Architects must have extensive knowledge of systems, architectures, systems management, networking, network computing and application design techniques, and must be able to identify, evaluate and select the elements of the solution which best meet the business needs of the client organization.
- At least 8 years of full-time IT related experience.
- At least 4 years of architect/design experience.
- At least 1 year of experience as an IT architect.
Other Required Skills:
- Demonstrated familiarity with multiple methodologies (through use), and able to compare them.
- Formal training in a recognized design methodology and implementation of that methodology on a design engagement and experience to practice independently as an IT Architect.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of at least one major methodology.
- Demonstrated detailed experience and expertise through multiple projects in architecting solutions for a specific industry.
- Demonstrated experience applying current knowledge of key trends in a specific industry in one or more of your solutions.
- Have served as an IT Architect on at least four successful engagements with the following characteristics:
oServed as the lead architect, or were in charge of a major subsystem.
oAll engagements were performed using a formal IT methodology.
oThe solution, or the portion of the solution you led, was successfully implemented.
oInvolved as an IT architect for the full solution lifecycle of at least one engagement.
- Have served as an architect through the full lifecycle of a solution you created, including planning, design, implementation and roll-out, of at least one project or engagement.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional business experience in a technical field.
- Completion of at least one formal course in the conduct of a consulting engagement, a services engagement or a project for an internal or external customer.
oCompletion at least one formal course in project management.
What will you be doing:
- Work with project teams to develop the conceptual architecture template; ensuring it contains appropriate level of guidance (from a business, information, application and technical perspective).
- Development of the conceptual solution architecture document for a business system based on the functional & non-functional requirements.
- Guide and monitor the compliance of the design and development of the business system to the conceptual solution architecture.
- Participate in the detailed system analysis, design and potentially development of the business system.