Our client is an industry leader in the design and development of metadata based Order Management systems for telecom.. As an employer, our client is focused on maintaining high standards of professional excellence, attractive salaries, as well as providing a casual yet intellectually challenging work environment.
Things you need to have:
- University Degree in ENG-Software Engineering, MATH-Computer Science, ENG-Computer
- Requires well-developed communication skills and the ability to maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with internal teams and customers.
- Independent, curious, driven and has a strong will to succeed.
- An appreciation for technical alternatives and high knowledge of emerging technologies.
- Strong analytical skills and a high achievement and learning orientation.
- Conceptual/big picture thinker. Brings recognized leadership to technical, analytical, and project management aspects of projects.
- Highly accomplished proven track record of producing successful, effective, reliable and efficient systems.
It would be great if you also had:
- Flexible, willing to backtrack and seek multiple innovative alternate solutions.
- Balances business and technical orientation by tempering infatuation with the technology with pragmatism for the business need.
- Experience in many aspects of system life cycle, i.e., requirement gathering, analysis, design, programming and testing.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry and Telecom Operating Support Systems experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of customer business functions and company practices.
- Captures the customer requirements and conducts knowledge exchange sessions with the customer
- Ensures availability, recoverability, and performance of the application.
- Completely follows the customer's standards and requirements.
- Designs and programs the application starting from application template to an application built for an actual customer.
- Does first round of functional testing of the application and prepares and performs extensive performance testing.
- Creates user documentation for the application.
What you will be doing:
- Be responsible for the, design, programming and implementation of order entry and order management systems.
- Act as a business analyst, developer and tester using a non-procedural development environment for fast implementation of large order entry/order management systems.
- Shape system-to-system and human-to-system interfaces.
- Communicate solution architecture to customers.
- Work on several different customers' systems during the year.
- You will work with the senior application architect to define the systems functionality.
- You will have frequent contact with customer at all levels. The candidate should expect traveling to customer sites for long periods of time.
This position is comprised of the following split of activities:
- 5% Java programming
- 20% Java scripting
- 75% non-procedural application definition using a Metadata Designer Tool.
Indeed - 11 months ago