Teck Mining

Teck Mining Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Worst management ever encountered
H D Mechanic/ Field Mechanic (Former Employee), Sparwood, BCApril 30, 2013
Pros: good fellow employees
Cons: they need to look after their employees a lot better than they do
The work was good and my fellow mechanics were all good people but the allmighty $ comes first with this company and probably the worst management I have ever been involved with
Fun workplace! Hands-on experience
Maintenance/Mechanical Engineer - Intern (Former Employee), Elkford, BCMarch 25, 2013
-Awesome place to work at!
-Everyone was very kind and helpful
-Hands-on experience
-Experienced different stages of projects
Coal Mining
OPERATOR (Former Employee), Sparwood, BCSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: poor managment team
The one thing I truely miss about Teck Elkview Operations is my co-workers. There was great comradery amonst everyone and I felt my operating was appreciated.
Friendly and efficient workplace
Accredited Payables Specialist (Current Employee), Sparwood, BCAugust 27, 2012
Pros: great people, great benefits :)
There is a heavy and fairly challenging workload day to day. There is a lot of interracxting with vendors and co workers. I have leared a variety of communcation, organization and administrative tasks such as: effective communication, people skills, the importance of meeting deadlines, attention to detail and multi tasking. I work with a great group – more... of people who make my current job a wonderful place to be and for a great company as well. The hardest part of the job is meeting deadlines in timely manner and managing multiple tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job is completeing these tasks and being able to take pride in a job well done. – less
Good place with good advancement oppurtunity
Jr. Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 14, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Enjoyable environment, unfortunately mostly contracted work.
one of my favorite jobs and learned lots about IT/IS Audit process
Coordinator, IS Governance Office (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 4, 2012
Pros: working with highly experienced, mature team
Cons: hired by elk valley coal, bought out by teck coal
-meeting and interviewing with various IT/IS departments and gather audit related data.
-enter data into database, coordinate details that support specifice COBIT policy
-develop data gathering file folders in Outlook for participants.
-meet with management, auditors, contractors to prepare data for External and Internal Audit team.
-attend weekly meetings – more... with senior managment with updates on Audit readiness.
-gather MS PowerPoint data and prepare presenations for senior management.
-setup user access controls for new hires on behalf of HR.
-run daily/weekly/monthly reports on user access to systems,data and physical building/office access.
-Learned about formal IS Governance policies, Audit Control, Data Security, presentations, Mining industry.
-very knowledgeable management about the industry and how IT/IS works to support it.
-highly trained and subject matter experts in IS/IT and the mining industry.
-hardest part of the job was being Audit Ready in very tight timelines.
-most enjoyable part was learning about a new industry. – less
Great money, great work-life balance but unimaginative bosses
Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Vancouver BCMay 15, 2012
Pros: money. work-life
Cons: poor management, lack of clear career advancement
Great money, great work-life balance but unimaginative bosses

Pros:Money. Work-Life

Cons: Poor management, lack of clear career advancement
I recieved training that I think will benefit me in the future.
Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Sparwood, BCMarch 13, 2012
Preach "home safe and healthy everyday", however i don't think they follow it!
Safety & Training Officer (Current Employee), AlaskaApril 26, 2014
Teck is a great company to work for, with great benefits and positive work atmosphere. my only complaint is the schedule
Big mining company
Production/Process Engineer, Silver Refinery (Former Employee), Trail, BCJanuary 1, 2014
Lead and manage small-scale process improvement/development projects from inception to implementation.
We get hands on training all the time.
Mill Operator II (Current Employee), Red Dog Mine, AKApril 3, 2012
I think i have improve alot since working for Teck in Red Dog Mine. We get alot of training time for our jobs and its really good that we do cause in improves our skills.
Buen ambiente, intercambio cutural
Assistant (Former Employee), Santiago de Chile, RMAugust 22, 2014
Pros: seguros, fiestas y bonos. buen ambiente.
Cons: falta trabajo en área de desarrollo de carrera.
Pasé felices cuatro aos en Teck, buena empresa, pero aún tiene mucho que alinear e implementar.
hafif tempolu iş
EHS coordinator (Former Employee), Ankara, T06August 13, 2014
Pros: i had 4*4 pick up
Cons: lunch is not serving
sürekli ingilizce konuşmanın artı avantajı vardır, türkiye de bulabileceğiniz ender yabancı sermayeli en eski firmadır
Buen ambiente laboral, buena escuela para el rubro minero
Asistente Administrativa (Former Employee), Iquique, TAJune 9, 2014
Pros: enriquecer mis conocimientos
Mi trabajo, resulto ser mejor de lo que esperaba, fuera de realizar trabajo administrativo, también me desarrollé como traductora, aprendí del rubro de la minería, conocí los sistemas de trabajo por turno, tuve la experiencia de trabajar en altura lo cual no fue ningún problema para mi salud, me sentí bien trabajando en equipo y resolviendo nuevos desafíos. – more... Buen ambiente laboral, ayudé a mi jefatura con su aprendizaje en el idioma español. Tuve la oportunidad de conocer paisajes y animales bellísimos. – less
Excelente Empresa, Grato ambiente
OPERADOR MAQUINARIA PESADA (Former Employee), Coquimbo, COSeptember 1, 2013
Pros: seguro medico y dental, ademas de buenos bonos.
Un día típico era agradable, mis compañeros siempre fueron amables, educados y joviales, Ahora que no estoy, me echan de menos, creo que he dejado un vacío.

Aprendi entre otras cosas a compartir mi conocimiento, a valorar a cada uno de mis compañeros, y a mis jefes. gracias a dios esperan que vuelva.

La gerencia, siempre fue atenta, interesada siempre – more... en que vuelva y siga haciendo lo que según ellos tan excelentemente hago. (como me lo hicieron saber en mi Carta de Recomendación)

Lo más difícil de mi trabajo fue la lejanía de mi familia y los momentos mas importantes y difíciles.

Lo más agradable de mi trabajo, es que siempre tuve buenas relaciones con mis mayores, tales como mis gerentes, jefes, y compañeros. aprendí tanto yo de ellos, como ellos de mi...

Espero encontrar otra empresa tan valorarle como la Anterior, Siempre estoy dispuesto a dar lo mejor de mi. – less
muy buena relación empresa y trabajador , seguridad ante todo.
muestrero (Former Employee), Iquique, TAJuly 30, 2013
BUENA,se le da al trabajador todas las herramientas correspondientes a una zona de altitud geográfica , y los EPP correspondientes, y como en toda buena organización la seguridad es lo primordial.
Buena Empresa
Operador planta concentradora (Current Employee), Tarapacá, TAFebruary 1, 2013
Seria un gran desafío trabajar en Teck como Operador, y aportar conocimientos y aprender aún más.
muy bueno
controlador de sondaje (Former Employee), Iquique, TAJanuary 22, 2013
muy bueno por q se a granda los conocimientos de minerales y en perforación

About Teck Mining

Teck Resources Limited known as Teck Cominco until late 2008, is a Canadian metals and mining company. Canada's largest diversified – Read more