Teck Mining

Teck Mining Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Teck Resources is a great company to work for...
Mine Geologist (Current Employee), Duck Pond Mine Millertown, NewfoundlandApril 30, 2015
Been working for Teck for approximately 7 1/2 years now and would stay with the company if the Duck Pond Mine was not shutting down this summer. It has been a great place to work and the people here are just great. Great benefits and the companies commitment to safety is just unreal....
i love to drive
Haul Truck Operator (Former Employee), Elkford, BCApril 29, 2015
Pros: driveing
Cons: cant think of any cons.
I had run the rejects from the plant for last 3 yrs. u pull under this big bin and pull a chain.the truck fills up with roughly 240 tonnes of waste rock.then I drove to spoil or grader occasionaly. from plant to spoil and back to plant was roughly 35 minutes.I learned to drive all the trucks at mine 930 katmatsu,s 830 katmatsu,s the new CAT trucks the old CAT trucks and the small wiggle wagons.I enjoyed my fellow workers.Hardest part of job was comeing down the mountain in winter on the nyt shift.you really had to stay focused on the changing road condition.Enjoyable part was the driving I love driving :)
Great Job Great place to Work
Heavy Haul Truck Driver (Current Employee), Sparwood, BCApril 24, 2015
Pros: excellent wage and benefits
Cons: No housing
Love the job but nowhere to live for my family, the company is great, excellent wage and benefits but housing is a HUGE problem if your not single.
Senior managment treated you poorly
Warehouse Person (Former Employee), Elkford, BCFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: vacation
Cons: managment
Good place to work if you just went to work and didn't by in to the company bull. Pretended there was a safety culture but when it came down to it there was none.
Fun
Courses, First aid, Security Officer (Current Employee), Sparwood BCJanuary 31, 2015
Working for teck is fun, lots of good people, good morals, safety minded, and most of all the lifestyle Teck has given me.
not a good experience for me
Process Systems Technician (Former Employee), Logan Lake, BCJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: poor managment, old thinking.
not going back....poor boss, very clicky, lied to. did not find the management staff to be good leaders. was mislead, and misrepresented,
Good training and place to work.Ability to advance. Had to leave for family reasons, elderly parents(in-laws). Need to be closer to home. No camp .
Haul Truck Operator (Former Employee), Elkford, BCOctober 25, 2014
Pros: good wages, atmosphere, safety culture and equipment
Cons: 4x4 split shift not allowing ability to travel home
Good training and place to work. Ability to advance. Had to leave for family reasons, elderly parents (in-laws). Need to be closer to home.
No camp available.
Great
Engineer's Assistant (Former Employee), Sparwood, BCSeptember 29, 2014
Great. love working there. Love working for Teck Coal LTD. would get back if I got the opportunity
Great company all around
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Sparwood, BCSeptember 9, 2014
The work was interesting and challenging. Management was fair. Salary/Benefits were above average. EDO schedule allows for long weekends and Teck supports the work/life balance
Vitaliy Zhydkykh
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Tumbler Ridge, BCJune 11, 2014
Pros: full time employement
Cons: being away from family
Always stay alert and open minded.
Respect others.
Be aware of surroundings.
Treat others the way you want to be treated.
Always looking for Advancement
Always looking for ways to get better and learn something new every day.
Hardest part of the job is when you don't get proper training and communication before task.
Most enjoyable is working with people and outdoors as well as everyday challenges
Poor management
Mechanic (Former Employee), SparwoodMay 30, 2014
Poor management and depressing working environment. Great co-workers.
Excellent Company to work for.
Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Tumbler Ridge, BCMay 19, 2014
Cover the theory, simulator training and field training.
Learned Courage's Leadership.
Management was very open to idea's.
Co-workers excellent people to work with, very open to suggestions.
Their were hard parts to the job.
Working with everyone.
Test Lead
Test Lead (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 8, 2014
Participated in projects planning by reviewing, analyzing and clarifying the business requirements and prototype creation in an agile environment
• Identified opportunities for process improvement, developing and suggesting solutions
• Recommended value-added changes in the various phases of the tender process that enhanced the overall efficiency of the process
• Managed requirements traceability
• Performed risk analysis, defined assumptions and constraints for monthly release
• Performed analysis for proposed solutions
• Reviewed functional requirements and assessed test cases
• Standardized QA standards and practices across teams
• Defined testing scope, goals, risks, entrance/Exit criteria for monthly release
• Facilitated lesson-learned meetings
• Configured and managed Quality Center usage for test asset management, reporting and usability
• Managed and supported Smoke, SNIFF, FIT , SIT and UAT test phases
• Mentored testing resources and resolved any issues faced by team
Great corporate culture
Sr. Construction Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver (British ColumbiaMay 7, 2014
Pros: great opportunity
Cons: corporation needs to build up their project team resources
they had great corporate culture, inclusive interaction with principals, transparent with decision and friendly
General good outlook and positive
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee), Tumbler Ridge, BCApril 25, 2014
Pros: good work schedule
Cons: volitile with the price of coal
Was a great place to work. Lots of in house training and support. Good people to work with. Positive atmosphere.
Toxic work culture slowly changing with advent of new employees
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Sparwood, BCApril 15, 2014
Pros: close to towns with great lifestyle opportunities.
Cons: negative work culture
Started out as a bunch of grumpy, entitled, and jaded guys waiting for retirement. Management didn't help by advancing young, sometimes cocky, workers that had the same last names as those in high places. With more new hires that appreciate the job and the location the culture is slowly changing for the better.
Excellent place to work
Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Elkford, BCFebruary 13, 2014
Teck/Fording River operations is a great place too work.I like my job there. I enjoy the type of work I do and I work with a great bunch of people.They pay me well and have great benefits.I personally don't like the type of shift they work.It is four days on and four days off and you have to switch from two day shifts to two night shifts every set.I would rather work seven and seven, seven days or seven nights.I would also prefer seven days off in a row as apposed to four.
Excellent Opportunities with emphasis on balance life
field process engineer co op (Former Employee), Elkford, BCFebruary 13, 2014
Working for this company has been extremely rewarding. The people I work with are extremely friendly and willing to go and explore not only new ideas but also new places. There are a lot of things to learn and they provide that environment for you.
Daily learning and fun workplace
Access Control Officer/Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee), Tumbler Ridge, BCJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: working in a very good work enviroment
Cons: no benefits
A typical day at work consist of signing in and out contractors, checking up to date orientations and safety tickets, doing orientations, daily and weekly safety equipment checks, answer the radio, telephone and direct the access gates. Enter data lodge, escorting contractors on site. Vehicle inspections, vehicle searches.
First aid administered when needed. Mine rescue training.

What I have learned would be leadership within my team mates.
Enhanced my work skills, computer skills and social skills.

Management was a group of co-workers that are open to any suggestions or any questions.

My co-workers were the best team members anyone could ask for.
We had amazing communication between all of us, trust and respect between all co-workers.

The hardest part of my job would be leaving my position within the company.

The most enjoyable part of my job would be the schedule and my co-workers.
Great co-workers
Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee), Sparwood, BCDecember 3, 2013
Pros: great foremans
Cons: not enough pay, not stable
my typical work day starts at our tailgate meeting where I get assigned my 830 haul truck ,and put on all my PPE, then I proceed up the hill to my haul truck to start my pre check on my haul truck. checking all the fluids , parts and for any damage. from there I fill out my FLRA. after all my checks and paperwork is done I am on my way to the shovel to get my first load. after loaded I then proceed to the dump location. where I follow all the proper procedures while at the dump site.
-I learned so much working at tech, just driving an 830 haul truck in a safe productive manner. and being trained on the simulator what do in case of a fire or if you lose your brakes etc.
-the best part of the job was by far my co-workers and all my foreman
-hardest part of the job was driving in the winters down steep roads
-the most enjoyable part of the job was working with my crew

About Teck Mining

Teck Resources Limited known as Teck Cominco until late 2008, is a Canadian metals and mining company. Canada's largest diversified – Read more