See yourself at Teck
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, metallurgical coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TCK.A and TCK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TCK. Further information about Teck can be found at www.teck.com.
Teck Highland Valley Copper Partnership (THVCP) is one of Canada’s largest base metal copper-moly mines and is owned and operated by Teck Resources. The Highland Valley is a very attractive location offering a wide variety of recreational opportunities such as hiking, skiing, fishing and golf. The mine site is a 50 minute drive from Kamloops, B.C. which has a population of approximately 85,000 and provides all of the comforts of city living. The mine site is also close to Merritt, Ashcroft, and Logan Lake, which all exude a small town community atmosphere.
THVCP is currently seeking an individual in the role of: Industrial Warehouseperson.
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor the incumbent will be responsible for a variety of warehousing duties in an industrial environment.
- Be a Courageous Safety Leader, through promotion and adherence to established policies, procedures and safe work practices;
- Ensure accurate and timely receiving, delivery, stocking and issuing of goods in accordance with safe materials handling procedures;
- Safe operation of forklifts ranging from stand-up electric forklifts to 18,000 lb capacity diesel units;
- Safe shipping of materials including hazardous wastes in compliance with TDG regulations;
- Meticulous handling and control of inventory items to ensure accuracy;
- Use of computerized warehouse management system including bar coding;
- Ensure customer service needs are met in order to support maintenance and operational requirements;
- Able to multi-task and to meet challenges directly;
- Able to work extended hours and shiftwork including weekends, holidays and nights.
- Previous warehousing experience in a heavy industrial or mining environment;
- Demonstrate a safe and conscientious work ethic;
- Ability to quickly master a materials management system;
- Experience with Microsoft office and/or JD Edwards;
- Strong understanding of warehouse functions;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Must possess a Certified Industrial Warehousing Certificate, or a Journeyperson Industrial Engines and Equipment Partsperson Certificate, or a Journeyperson Automotive Partsperson Certificate;
- Completion of Grade 12 or Equivalent;
- Minimum of a valid Class 7N valid driver's license.
THVCP offers a competitive salary and benefits package including relocation assistance.
Applicants are encouraged to view this position and apply online through www.teck.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Posting Expires: Feb 4, 2014