Technip

Technip Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good engineering experience
Trainee Process Engineer (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZMay 18, 2014
Pros: good exposure to epc jobs.
Cons: limited exposure to infr structure
Good engineering experience
Have good engineering standard in house
piping Engineer
Piping Engineer - Egypt (Former Employee), EgyptFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: over time work
Cons: 8 hours
Gas Compression station project
working as piping Engineer
Technip is rated as a Tier 1 Engineering, Procurement & Construction Company
Procurement and Sub-contracts Manager (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZMarch 21, 2013
Excellent consultant to work for in the Middle East. Monopoly as it was, Technip was one of the largest EPC company in the Middle East with an divested interest into Offsore, Onshore growth and sustaining projects.
Productive envirenment with knowledge sharing habbits.
Senior Engineer-Control Systems & Instrumentation (Current Employee), NoidaFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: friendly management
Cons: no systmen of work & opportunities distribution
* TYPICAL DAY AT WORK :Very hectic routine with lots of deliverable in short span of time.
WHAT I LEARNED : Got the opportunity to learn the whole cycle of EPCM Company by becoming the part of commissioning activities, plus also did design engineering jobs and handled field instruments, Level sketches, Package instrumentation. Apart from this, also – more... assisted cost & estimation department bidding the new projects(instrumentation scope).
MANAGEMENT : management is quite good.no hierarchy as such so all are very friendly and easily approachable.
MY CO-WORKERS : very good team, lots of knowledge sharing, friendly nature
THE HARDEST PART OF JOB : No system as such of fair distribution of work & opportunities among the team/employees.
THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB : Got the opportunity to work in all the dimensions of the project (right from the bidding stage to final commissioning and handover) which, in turn, gives a very clear picture of the work & associated skills. – less
Enjoyable workplace
Quality Control Inspector (Piping) (Former Employee), Jubail, S04July 11, 2014
I love to work there. i learned a lot of work regarding pipe. My co workers were very nice people to work with.
Productive Environment
Cost Engineer (Former Employee), DohaJuly 10, 2014
Pros: learning environment
Cons: long hours & extreme hot climate
Enjoyable working with multi-cultural people
Highly focused on targets/results
Opportunity to get very good experience in Oil & Gas Sector
Recognition talented/hardworking people & appreciate them
Management is good
Good experience with average working load
Flexible Pipe Design Engineer (Former Employee), HoustonJuly 7, 2014
Pros: good name good experience
Cons: conservative manegment
9 /80 working hours
Rarely stay after overtimes
somehow flexible timing
great facility
Lot to learn
Instrumentation Engineer (Former Employee), mumbaiJune 22, 2014
friendly people, cool environment to work, nice and diverse work culture
All kinds of opportunities available
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 12, 2014
The work was fun and exciting. They had wise mentors always ready to help and give advice. The hardest part of this job was leaving!
Manufacture pipe for the Oil and Gas Industry
Safety Technician (Current Employee), Theodore, ALMay 21, 2014
Pros: great money
Cons: no time for a personal life
I have the best co-workers a person could ask for. Our management team is amazing. The hardest part of my job is having no life because we work 7 days a week, but the people I work with are like my family. The most enjoyable part of my day is when all my guys go home in one piece to their wives, children, and parents.
Technip was my favorite employer
Project Accountant (Former Employee), HoustonMay 13, 2014
Pros: flexible scheuduling; great benefits; professional work environment
Cons: project-based, so there is always the chance of not having a place to work.
I only have good things to say about Technip: The benefits are outstanding; the work environment was superior to any other I have seen; the schedule was flexible; the workload was constant, and as long as your project was funded, you had a solid place to work.

That being said, I was RIF'd from Technip because my project could no longer justify having – more... a Project Accountant, and my "home department" did not have a place for me.

I enjoyed going to work everyday, and the annual review process ensured that if you were not on the career path you wanted, there were structures in place to help you get to where you wanted to be. – less
A great job
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXApril 26, 2014
Pros: per diem pay
Cons: 18 month contract
Most enjoyable, however when project neared completion, so did my job.
IT Officer/IT Administrator
IT Officer/IT Administrator (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZApril 13, 2014
 Installing and Configuring Servers.
 Installation, Configuration and operation support of Windows Active Directory Services.
 Experience of DNS.DHCP, ADS.IIS.
 Managing File Servers and Print Server.
 Managing Domain Server.
 Managing Mail server.
 Work experience Symantec, McAfee, Trend Micro, Antivirus Servers.
 Managing site to site Fiber – more... Connections
 Configuring Lotus Notes Clients
 Trouble Shooting Louts Notes Issues.
 Configuring MS Outlook.
 Installing and Configuring Network Printers.
 Managing and Monitoring VSAT Connection Site to Paris
 Installing and Configuring Network Plotter.
 IT Asset Management.
 IT Documentation.
 Vendor Management.
 Software License Management.
 Day to Day IT related activity.
 Configuring new Alcatel IP Phone to users.
 Data Backup
 Users Problems solving Day to Day. – less
Good company; lots of opportunities
Project Controls Analyst (Former Employee), Claremont, CAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: compensation and work environment
Cons: using older scheduling software at the time
Technip is an international oil & gas engineering firm.

As the lead scheduler for the Air Products (APSI) projects, set up and maintained schedules for the five projects. Responsibilities included: interfacing with the client and the project teams; developing and updating the schedules; and preparing reports for internal management and the client.
As – more... project scheduler for the Suncor Voyaguer Project, interfaced with the client and the project team, progressed the schedule every other week, and assisted in the preparation of reports for internal management and the client. As Lead Scheduler on the project, responsible for the overall maintenance of the schedule and ensuring documents were submitted to the client. – less
Workers are great. Management shows little appreciation or concern.
Heavy Equipment/Crane Operator/Pipeline Leaderman (Current Employee), Carlyss, LAMarch 10, 2014
Pros: co-workers, work environment
Cons: job security, advancement
Facility maintenance (grading roads, cutting grass,etc.) and loading and offloading of trucks and vessels occur on a daily basis. Learned the value of communication, teamwork, troubleshooting, onshore and offshore pipeline operations, inspection and maintenance of various equipment and procedures, and the importance of Safety. Management takes care – more... of workers and co-workers work well together as a team. Hardest part of job is always on call, but not compensated for it. Most enjoyable part of the job is who I work with and taking pride in the wo – less
Good working conditions and benefits
Accounts Officer - Finance. (Former Employee), Perth CBDFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: 9 day fortnight
Cons: 9 hour days
A French company with a global presence especially in the Australasia region. Ethical and sound management from the top.
Productive work place
Procurement Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2014
Flexible job environment, great people to work with, awesome benefits.

Option to switch into different segments such as subsea, onshore, and offshore business units.
Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: technip has state-of-the-art industrial assets, industry leader in pipeline installation
Cons: you have to network to get anything here.
Technip is a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry. The company is present in different areas i.e. Subsea, Offshore and Onshore. The company employs 38,000 people and is present in 48 countries.
n/a
crewing coordinator (Current Employee), katy,txFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
. my work day startes at 7:30 am till 5:30 or 6 PM

.management are realy helpful
Supportive Workplace
SM Secretary (Former Employee), IranJanuary 22, 2014
Technip was a company that built first rows of my team working ability. Here I learned how to deal with client and subcontractors.

1 2 3 4 5

About Technip

High-tech Technip USA, an American subsidiary of French engineering and construction giant Technip, provides engineering and construction – Read more