A growing technical support company located in downtown Toronto that provides outsourced managed IT services and computer support to a wide variety of small and medium businesses throughout the GTA who rely on technology in their day to day business.
Our core services include network monitoring, preventative maintenance activities, project management / fulfillment and help desk services to businesses so they can focus on business instead of dealing with technology issues.
If You’re Excited About:
- Supporting Windows based networks running, MS Office (all versions), backup systems, antivirus and Sharepoint for clients ranging from 12 to 90 seats.
- Get a charge out of helping small businesses get the most out of their technology.
- Pride yourself on delivering superior customer service and love dealing with people on the phone and in person.
- Thrive on being involved in a wide variety of technologies, projects and service requests.
- Being a team member of a small company that offers access to new technologies as its client base grows.
- Have a computer science degree or network administration diploma AND have 1 + years of solid field experience.
- Can be easily and clearly understood by our clients over the telephone and in writing and you always communicate in a respectful, professional and friendly manner.
- Have a talent for keeping distressed clients AND yourself calm in times of a technical crisis.
- Spend spare time staying current with the latest technologies.
- Are very methodical in troubleshooting.
- Can be available and don’t mind working after hours or weekends as work requires.
- Thrive in a small, close-knit collaborative team environment and learn from those senior to you.
THEN CONTINUE READING TO LEARN MORE…..
- Take inbound calls from clients, create tickets, complete initial discovery questions and scheduling of next steps
- Resolving client issues regarding MS Windows (all versions), MS Office (all versions), RAS, VPN and File & Printer Services
- Setting up and administering user accounts and system assets.
- Loading software images on desktops and laptops including the configuration of MS Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008, MS Office, TCP/IP, VPN, etc.
- Supporting the unique requirements of remote users.
- Participate in research projects to develop new hardware and software solutions that support future growth of the organization.
- Acquisition/installation of new hardware or exchange defective components on servers and desktops.
- Providing end user application training and network orientation.
- Open service requests and resolve issues with technical support professionals from application vendors.
- Maintain several databases to track hardware/software inventory and trouble tickets.
- Liaise with other service providers in order to acquire and address system requirements/issues.
1. Excellent, verbal and written communication skills are an absolute must as the candidate will be communicating with clients via phone & e-mail.
2. APlus Hardware certification.
3. Experience supporting Windows based networks, MS Office (all versions), Antivirus (Symantec Endpoint & AVG), Microsoft Office )all version)
4. Ability to troubleshoot errors utilizing a wide variety of resources.
5. Ability to prioritize activity and work with little supervision.
6. Ability to act in a calm and professional manner during stressful situations.
7. Proven customer service experience.
8. Post-secondary education in networking.
9. Valid Ontario driver’s license
Make sure to include the following:
Cover letter addressing the following:
1. Your availability
2. Your experience in customer service in a technical support capacity
3. Salary requirements
4. Resume outlining work history and technical education.
No telephone or fax applications will be accepted.