Techmation Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Good for work
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Alberta4 November 2017
A lot of favoritism so no real room for advancement unless your best friends with someone in management, it's not what you know it's who you know. Work was always done safely, usually steadier than most companies but they nickle and dime with pay.
Pros
Consistent work
Cons
no room for advancement, management pick favorites, paying way less than going journeyman rate
Great company to work for but hours are unpredictable.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB6 January 2017
This was my first electrical company. I enjoyed the work but hours varried due to the price of oil. Company was managed very well. Safety was always the most important part of the job. Hardest part of the job was working outside in the cold.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Working in the cold
It'll do for local work
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 November 2016
I worked at the Blackfalds Mod yard on and off for a while. The mod yard life isn't the worst. Home every night. But every construction job gets layoffs, and their method for laying people off is horrid. No loyalty at all. No transparency between the management and the employees whatsoever.
was a good job expirience
Full time summer job (Former Employee) –  Olds, AB5 July 2016
Show up early at work have a morning meeting, to talk about the work contracts for the day, and what I would be doing.

I learned about the different kinds of oilfield sites, equipment, and situations you would be in. How to meter prove, read different weekly reports of flow and equipment, and other oilfield tasks that you would have to do in the workforce.

The management was nice and understanding, tried to include me in the everyday work that went on, still being in school at the time.

Co-workers were oilfield workers so some days were more crude than others

The long days of work were tiring, some of the time having to work twelve hour days.

Learning a lot about the oilfield and I was able to put some of the concepts I learnt about to use.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
the negative oilfield attitudes
Fun, dedicated group and atsmophere.
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB18 August 2015
Management was a bit off and unresponsive a lot. Gave last minute job, where you were expected to pack for a 10 day job in a matter of hours. Just to be out at work for 18+ days. Great group of people to work with as long as you were liked.
Pros
Great people and lots of work back in the day.
Cons
Favouritism, Rushed, Hard to learn anything
words from the unemployed
Instrument Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 June 2015
Was a great company to work for with good people, as a company taking a person (myself) who knew pretty much nothing and gave me a second chance on my tq, I felt blessed to know something I consider what I do quite exciting when I can talk to others who would understand such concepts
shame they didn't get the contract to give me a job but shameless nonetheless
proud to have it on my resume hope the experience will benefit on the next job
Pros
working
Cons
not working
Gained a lot of knowledge from working with Techmation
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB1 June 2015
Techmation was a good starting company for me to get some knowledge of what instrumentation really was. I met a lot of great guys in the process of being there. Upper management did like to try to pay you as little as they possibly could which made it hard to stick with the company.
steady work
2nd Year Electrician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 May 2014
Good company to start your apprenticeship but could have more qualified personel on site