Techmation Electric & Controls Ltd

Techmation Electric & Controls Ltd Employee Reviews

Great Company!
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Airdrie8 November 2017
Good company with great Management! They have kept me busy through a very tough economic time, I am very grateful! I have had the opportunity to take on new roles and advance my career. They are proactive with safety, our tool boxes are some of the best I have ever attended. The management group have always been respectful to myself and treated me very well. I would want to retire with this company.
Pros
Good people, excellent projects.
Cons
None to report, I will continue working at Techmation as long as I can.
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies...LOL
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 November 2017
It all begins with a parole deduction of $ 150.00 for coveralls and a hardhat. Gloves you will find out are your responsibility. Be prepared to spend your weekends taking unnecessary courses on your dime. If that is not attractive enough, bring all your drill bits, taps, and power tools cause you will need them to complete projects (not supplied.) Best of all; The moronic management that keeps breaking “Golden Rules,” by withholding critical information from employees and rectifying the situation by releasing good workers to save face.
Do the industry a solid, walk away from this company you are better then this.
Pros
Employees are awesome!!!!
Cons
Everything Else...
Great Company
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB27 October 2017
Techmation encourages workers to follow safe work practices, and wants workers to get home safely each and every day. Other workers around job sites have positive attitudes and a great work ethic.
Pros
flexible
Nothing to say
Electrical (Current Employee) –  Canada19 September 2017
Rather not say anything negative , has not been ideal for me wage wise. I've always been paid which is always a positive when working as a middle class.
Its a nightmare
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB29 June 2017
Horrible company to work for as in pay this is residential wage. I'm currently seeking else where to work this company is a joke......................
had work
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Alberta8 June 2017
normal work hours and days. lots of unknons with work and future. felt like getting the run around all the time . not sure what to say I'm trying to fill up the character count
Great Company to Work For! Steady Employment!
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Acheson, AB8 June 2017
I have been employed with Techmation for several years and they are a great company to work for. If you are willing to work hard and demonstrate your loyalty, management will recognize this and promote you. There are great opportunities for growth and they do their best to keep you busy during slow economic times. Great co-workers! The company is very safety oriented.
Young Core Group - Great Safety Culture
HSE Advisor (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB6 June 2017
A company where your not just a number but a part of something bigger. Consistent work, although some travel may be required. Competitive wages and excellent benefit packages. The best part is the co-workers. Young core group and easy to get along with, and great learning environment. One of Canada's Safest Employers for Young Workers and one of Canada's Best Health and Safety Culture.
Pros
Co-Workers, safety conscious employer, consistent work if your good
Cons
Sometimes you may have to work out of town.
Great Company to Work For
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC3 June 2017
Great work environment. Got to build a lot of plants and major projects that were state of the art facilities. Enjoy working with the people there! Safety is very strong in the culture there. Hard work and putting in a lot is recognized.
Pros
Room for advancement, Worked a lot
Cons
Worked a lot
Great Company with lots of advancement opportunities!
Journeyman Electrician & Instrumentation (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB1 June 2017
I had worked for many Electrical & Instrumentation service companies prior to working for Techmation. Majority of them do not follow through what they had promised in the hiring stage. Needless to say, management at these companies see their employees as just tools and can be easily replaced when worn out or broken. Profit and bottom line is their one and only priority!

However, at Techmation they value their employees differently. Employees are always treated as an asset; an asset that Techmation believes in investing to promote growth and succession planning. I have been with Techmation for over 10 years. I first started as an Instrumentation Tech servicing field equipment and controls. Through Techmation's encouragement, training and investment in me, I now hold a second trade ticket and am part of their Project's Team. Little did I know that when I made this move more than 10 years ago, I would be applying to be part of a big caring family.

Very proud to be TECHMATION RED!
Pros
Employees come first! Abundant amount of work.
Cons
Can make lot $$$ if you're willing to work.
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB29 May 2017
Good Pay
Good Benefits
Treated Fairly
Safe work environment
On the job training has direct impact on trade school
Always Learning something new
Excellent leadership if you show potential and commitment you will be offered many opportunities
keep you working
Instrument Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Alberta29 May 2017
the industry is slow and still on the rise, but if you are interested in a little travel Techmation can keep you busy. Don't get caught up in the jump for an extra $0.50, its not worth it. Show some loyalty and work through the tough times, it always works out in the end. there are places for advancement along the way.
Pros
work is always availible if you are willing
Cons
Great Company to work for!!
Foreman/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB24 May 2017
Techmation has been a great company to work for with great benefits and competitive wages. The people are awesome to work with and they work hard to keep the guys working.
Pros
Great People
Close to Home Work
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB24 April 2017
Industrial work for Residential pay, but given the economy it was not bad at all. Basic day the same as anywhere else in the Industrial aspect. Tool Box and Stretches in the morning, Planning day of work, Having a battle royale over finding AWPs to use for the day.
Pros
Valuable learning experience in Industrial, Good amount of hours, Lots of Overtime, Great group of guys to work with, close to home, Safety Concious
Cons
Cheap benefits, Supplies hard to find, Job only lasted about 3 months
Worst place ever
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Nanton, AB20 April 2017
There's a reason why they are always looking for guys. High turn over.Anyone with half a brain moves on. Worst decision in my life to jump ship to techmation. Benefits are bad. My new coworkers hated it there. Keep looking.
Pros
Cons
Tons
Great People, Low Pay
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 April 2017
Techmation currently has the lowest pay structure in Alberta for Industrial Electricians I was given a lot of opportunities to learn, and met a lot of great people.
Pros
Great people to work with and they are good teachers
Cons
Low pay and job security is not guaranteed
Excellent company
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB15 March 2017
Highly skilled professionals. Great benefit package with excellent pay for the employees , Quality guaranteed very professional service for customers . Highly respected in our community.
Pros
Great wages, well-maintained equipment highly respected by the community
Cons
Great place to work and lots to learn
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB3 February 2017
Had a great time being employed out of the grande prairie office
Management was great to work with and so was the crew
Made life enjoyable and made living affordable
Pros
Very well paid
Fun workplace
Journeyman wiring up the plants main PLC (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB23 January 2017
Best thing about working here for me was the people. There wasn't many coworkers who I did not get along with. Also had very steady hours and I was always home around the same time every day
ok place to work
Electrician Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Alberta16 January 2017
They seem to be able to keep one busy most times, their hourly rate is among the lowest in the industry. the communication between management and employees is weak to say the least .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Techmation Electric & Controls Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.