Techmation Electric & Controls Ltd

Techmation Electric & Controls Ltd Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
knowkegable employees and great work environment
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABMarch 8, 2016
Pros: lots of work
Cons: least paid for type of work
-Techmation is a company that strives to be a leader in the oilfield industries.
-They provide competitive wages and safe skilled work environments.
-Keep their experienced apprentices working through tough times.
Extremely safe work attitudes at work
Journeyman Red Seal electrician (Current Employee), Fort Saint John, BCFebruary 17, 2016
Good money and good managers, worked all over northern canada, in all types of climates. Large company with room for advacnement.
Great lasting relationships with all staff. Mutual respect
Electrical Foreman (Current Employee), Hardisty, ABJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: Safety prize incentives based on quality of assesments not quantity
Cons: 10/4 shift. Not a desirable shift
My typical day at work consisted of; updateding a job progress tracker, fill out daily permit, write morning toolbox, conduct morning toolbox/safety meeting, allocate man power for the day, order material, job scope planning, communicate with other trades as well as communicate with man power via radios and walkarounds.
I learned how to manage my own stress levels and not be affected by others who haven't
Most of my management team was great and worked very well together. The focus on communication and safety was the key to our success.
I found the hardest part of the job was the shift. A10/4 shift does not give you adequate down time with family.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people who enjoy to laugh as well as take pride in their work, I have found through all my work experience that makes all the difference of the job you wake up each morning to do
Loved working there. The guys I worked with were fantastic but unfortunately with the oil and gas industry in the rears work was limited
1st year apprentice (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: GUYS WERE GREAT TEACHERS
Cons: LACK OF WORK
Great place to work. The journeymen were very informative in my learning.Management try their hardest to find you work.
Good company to work for.
First Year Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: Good work life balance.
Cons: No cons.
Very safe work environment. Focus on creating a safe, stable and efficient work environment. Daily routine started with toolbox meeting and stretching. Then leads assign job tasks.
3 stars at best
electrician (Former Employee), Acheson, ABDecember 17, 2015
Pros: Work. ....
Cons: Dishonest
Never seen a companies RSP so low before and only pay holiday pay on regular hours. New fireman's and GF. Still learning it seems with poor HR skills. Good guys to work around though.
Great work for apprentices
Support Worker (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABOctober 9, 2015
Pros: Great pay and benefits
Cons: long hours and can be away from home for long periods
Very large company with knowledgeable people to learn from. Sets high standards for the industry and gives employees the chance to advance
Great group of people and lots of fun
Second Year Electrician (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Short drive to work
Cons: very repetative
I got the ISO grabbed my heat trace, and tie wired the heat trace to the pipes. I did this all day moving mod to mod. I never did heat trace before this job so I was happy to learn something new and now feel very confident in heat tracing. Management was great! As well as the employees.
NE BC Safety Advisor (Former Employee), Fort St John, BCJune 15, 2015
Good place to work for. The company provided training for all course required for working in the CSO position. The most enjoyable part of the job was interaction with the other employees who are out in the field.
Good employer to work for.
Electrical Foreman (Current Employee), Lloydminster, ABApril 14, 2015
Hard work is rewarded with opportunity for advancement within the company. Good group of people. Good company to work for.
Clueless and liars
Electrician (Former Employee), EdmontonFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything! false promises and no integrity with management and company.
They say continuous work and peace of mind but it's a pipe dream they're selling. Laid me off saying they have no work and a few days later they're hiring again. No loyalty to hardworking guys. Unorganized, managements clueless and safety guy comes into work hung over.
Good company to work for
electrician (Former Employee), Fort St John, BCFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: lots of hours, work.
Good company, lots of hours, lots of out of town work. Tons of work, always busy, long shifts if you like. Lots of offices to work out of, so never have to worry about there being no work.
labourer
Labourer (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABJanuary 30, 2015
did electrical work and got my 1st year apprenticeship through this company and learnt how to do runs pull wire as well as put cable tray together
Great place to work and learn
Electrical Superintendent (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABNovember 10, 2014
Management is approachable and easy to talk to. The hardest part of the job is the time away from home. The most enjoyable part was meeting people that i have formed friendships with outside of work.
its ok
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABOctober 6, 2014
Pros: friendly people
Cons: wage
its ok, long hours of continuous work which is good. Friendly people and staff
Depends on what you want
Construction Electrician (Current Employee), FSJFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: loa work
Cons: local work
Kinda low on the salary scale when compared to other companies who do the same work, especially for the BC shops. Lots of moving from site to site and never know where your going to be next nor for how long. They do keep you busy which is a good thing.
Good group of coworkers
Electrical Apprentice/ Journeyman (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABJanuary 15, 2014
QA/QC documentation, testing equipment, ensure quality is achieved and presented to the clients.
Hardworking and dedicated workplace.
Temporary Field Administrator (Current Employee), BCDecember 19, 2013
Pros: paid travel and living out allowance.
Cons: long hours
I have learned how incredibly blessed I am to be making a great living with the oil and gas industry.
I have learned how to manage over 100 employees.
My co-workers are a lot of fun and serious about success.
The hardest part of my job is the long days of 12- 15 hour days for up to 24 days straight.
Always have work
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee), High River ABAugust 5, 2013
Great set of guys to work for.
Most guys willing to teach if you are willing to learn.
They always have work and will keep you busy if you want to be busy
Good work environment
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee), Alberta canadaJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: lots of work
Cons: pay for your own travel
Learned alot while at work, met alot of cool and interesting people