Techmation Electric & Controls Ltd

Techmation Electric & Controls Ltd Employee Reviews

Its a nightmare
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB29 June 2017
Horrible company to work for as in pay this is residential wage. I'm currently seeking else where to work this company is a joke......................
had work
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Alberta8 June 2017
normal work hours and days. lots of unknons with work and future. felt like getting the run around all the time . not sure what to say I'm trying to fill up the character count
Great Company to Work For! Steady Employment!
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Acheson, AB8 June 2017
I have been employed with Techmation for several years and they are a great company to work for. If you are willing to work hard and demonstrate your loyalty, management will recognize this and promote you. There are great opportunities for growth and they do their best to keep you busy during slow economic times. Great co-workers! The company is very safety oriented.
Young Core Group - Great Safety Culture
HSE Advisor (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB6 June 2017
A company where your not just a number but a part of something bigger. Consistent work, although some travel may be required. Competitive wages and excellent benefit packages. The best part is the co-workers. Young core group and easy to get along with, and great learning environment. One of Canada's Safest Employers for Young Workers and one of Canada's Best Health and Safety Culture.
Pros
Co-Workers, safety conscious employer, consistent work if your good
Cons
Sometimes you may have to work out of town.
Great Company to Work For
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC3 June 2017
Great work environment. Got to build a lot of plants and major projects that were state of the art facilities. Enjoy working with the people there! Safety is very strong in the culture there. Hard work and putting in a lot is recognized.
Pros
Room for advancement, Worked a lot
Cons
Worked a lot
Great Company with lots of advancement opportunities!
Journeyman Electrician & Instrumentation (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB1 June 2017
I had worked for many Electrical & Instrumentation service companies prior to working for Techmation. Majority of them do not follow through what they had promised in the hiring stage. Needless to say, management at these companies see their employees as just tools and can be easily replaced when worn out or broken. Profit and bottom line is their one and only priority!

However, at Techmation they value their employees differently. Employees are always treated as an asset; an asset that Techmation believes in investing to promote growth and succession planning. I have been with Techmation for over 10 years. I first started as an Instrumentation Tech servicing field equipment and controls. Through Techmation's encouragement, training and investment in me, I now hold a second trade ticket and am part of their Project's Team. Little did I know that when I made this move more than 10 years ago, I would be applying to be part of a big caring family.

Very proud to be TECHMATION RED!
Pros
Employees come first! Abundant amount of work.
Cons
Can make lot $$$ if you're willing to work.
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB29 May 2017
Good Pay
Good Benefits
Treated Fairly
Safe work environment
On the job training has direct impact on trade school
Always Learning something new
Excellent leadership if you show potential and commitment you will be offered many opportunities
keep you working
Instrument Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Alberta29 May 2017
the industry is slow and still on the rise, but if you are interested in a little travel Techmation can keep you busy. Don't get caught up in the jump for an extra $0.50, its not worth it. Show some loyalty and work through the tough times, it always works out in the end. there are places for advancement along the way.
Pros
work is always availible if you are willing
Cons
Great Company to work for!!
Foreman/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB24 May 2017
Techmation has been a great company to work for with great benefits and competitive wages. The people are awesome to work with and they work hard to keep the guys working.
Pros
Great People
Worst place ever
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Nanton, AB20 April 2017
There's a reason why they are always looking for guys. High turn over.Anyone with half a brain moves on. Worst decision in my life to jump ship to techmation. Benefits are bad. My new coworkers hated it there. Keep looking.
Pros
Cons
Tons
Great People, Low Pay
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 April 2017
Techmation currently has the lowest pay structure in Alberta for Industrial Electricians I was given a lot of opportunities to learn, and met a lot of great people.
Pros
Great people to work with and they are good teachers
Cons
Low pay and job security is not guaranteed
Excellent company
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB15 March 2017
Highly skilled professionals. Great benefit package with excellent pay for the employees , Quality guaranteed very professional service for customers . Highly respected in our community.
Pros
Great wages, well-maintained equipment highly respected by the community
Cons
Great place to work and lots to learn
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB3 February 2017
Had a great time being employed out of the grande prairie office
Management was great to work with and so was the crew
Made life enjoyable and made living affordable
Pros
Very well paid
Fun workplace
Journeyman wiring up the plants main PLC (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB23 January 2017
Best thing about working here for me was the people. There wasn't many coworkers who I did not get along with. Also had very steady hours and I was always home around the same time every day
ok place to work
Electrician Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Alberta16 January 2017
They seem to be able to keep one busy most times, their hourly rate is among the lowest in the industry. the communication between management and employees is weak to say the least .
Setting the industry pay at an all time low!!
Electrical Jman (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB1 October 2016
What a joke this company is and the upper management!!! While they sit back making their posh wages we are the lowest paying electrical/Instrument company in all of Alberta. We didnt go to school for $36.00/HR For Jman wage!! We are the ones that build the plants and are in the front lines, pays us like we should be!!!
Pros
Cons
Horrible Pay
Its a job
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Acheson, AB1 August 2016
no comment on this particualar company. But i have definitely worked for better companies. Wages are not competitive at all. great co-workers!!
Good Place to work
HSE Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BC15 April 2016
Good work environment, but poor communication through out the company. Company Health and Safety Program needs to be overcalled.
Pros
use of company vehicle
Cons
poor system for tracking use of vehicles
knowkegable employees and great work environment
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB8 March 2016
-Techmation is a company that strives to be a leader in the oilfield industries.
-They provide competitive wages and safe skilled work environments.
-Keep their experienced apprentices working through tough times.
Pros
lots of work
Cons
least paid for type of work
Extremely safe work attitudes at work
Journeyman Red Seal electrician (Current Employee) –  Fort Saint John, BC17 February 2016
Good money and good managers, worked all over northern canada, in all types of climates. Large company with room for advacnement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Techmation Electric & Controls Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

Techmation Electric & Controls Ltd Reviews by Location