Tech Data Employee Reviews

Productive and competitive work culturte
Partner Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 February 2018
This is a friendly as well as professional work place. I enjoy working here as all my team members and manager is very cooperative and help me whenever there is a need.
Pros
Friendly work atmosphere
Cons
Salary structure
A venir
Directeur de Comptes (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC16 December 2017
Je reviendrai plus tard pour donner mon avis a propos de Tech Data
Pros
A compléter
Cons
A venir
Great Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 November 2017
It is super great considering it is my first job after graduation. Company culture and colleagues are super great. Employee will support each other. Considering "we" instead of "I". However, most of the work duty is repeated, short of renovation and advanced tech. Once there is some change on vendor side or the customer side, it takes a long time for the company to adapt.
Fun workplace with little growth
Associate Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 July 2017
Tech Data is a great company to work for. It is a fun and semi-fast paced environment. However, there is little place to grow and management is lacking management skills, oddly enough. The culture in the company is great and everyone is very friendly. The hardest part of the job is not knowing what is to come. The most enjoyable part of the job is being involved in various events while working closely with vendors.
Pros
Fun environment, great co-workers
Cons
Management, poor work-life balance
Productive workplace with friendly people
Student- Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 May 2017
Had the opportunity to work in a fun and inviting team where we
worked together to solve problems, set goals and then accomplish them. The most enjoyable part of the job was all of the amazing friendly employees that I had the opportunity to meet and work with.
Great Atmosphere to work in.
1.Order Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 January 2017
It was very easy to work at Tech Data because work load was very less.It got tough only few times. Supervisors were friendly and supportive in all tasks.Co-workers were all nice and hardworking.Pay was also good and there was a lot to learn.
Pros
Free coffee and other refreshments
Cons
a lot of walking
Barbeque at the workplace, very fun
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 July 2016
Does fun activities such as barbeques and awards achievement event just to relieve stress because it is a hard working job. Not only we work with computers we also scan orders, receiving, packing and shipping.
Pros
working with peers
Cons
Great company to work for !
Inside Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2016
Developed sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts.
Soliciting new accounts, building rapport, providing technical information and explanations.
I have learned about the IT industry.
Co- workers became like family.
Hardest part of the job was leaving the company.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a great culture.
Pros
the people
Cons
low pay
Great culture and environment but a difficult place to advance.
Senior Financial Analyst - Activity Based Costing (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 December 2015
Will discuss when the appropriate opportunity is presented.

I enjoyed my experiences at Tech Data but it was time for me to advance to the next level.
Working Environment
technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 November 2015
Great company to start your career and advance is nearly impossible. People in the company are great. Benefit and employer RRSP contribution are nice. Management is ok.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Salary
Sales
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga ON7 October 2015
Tech Data Canada resists the business model of squeezing the life out of it's employees.

great place to start a career in IT

low pay compared to IT industry

good benefits
Pros
Tech Data Canada is a great employer
Cons
low wages
Very Productive team and great enviroment
Shipping/Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario26 September 2015
I was able to work with a great and very productive team. Management did a very good job of assigning tasks and managing the workload for all of its employees
Productive, yet fun place to work.
Sr. Account Manager - SMB Elite South East (Former Employee) –  Mississauga11 September 2015
Tech Data is like any other sales distribution environment. They do do some things well and others not so well. If you want to make the move into distribution start here.
Busy place to work
Reverse Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 June 2015
Not an ideal place to work. Not everyone get recognized for the work they do. Dept. managers favor only those involve in brown nosing.
Pros
Nothing free
Cons
sometimes long hours
Very fast paced environment
Senior Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 February 2015
Fast paced technology distribution company. Dealing with management, co workers and ware house folks on a daily basis.
JUDAS Type of Employer
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauaga4 November 2014
They award you one month and lay you off the next. A false culture fabricated on intimidation and self doubt. Bully type culture - harrassed by Management and nothing was done.
A fast paced environment, goal orientated, and everyday was exciting.
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2013
Tech Data is a distributor of I.T. hardware, software and service products. Tech Data sold product through our reseller partners.

As a National Account Manager, I was the outside sales representative responsible for the National resellers such as CDW, Insight, Dell, Softchoice, and TigerDirect - and responsible for managing these accounts.

My responsibility included developing relationships with purchasing, product management, and their sales teams. I enjoyed the relationship management, working with their teams uncovering larger sales opportunities. I was responsible for larger RFP's, uncovering longer term business opportunities (in regards to vendors or services offered), as well as ensuring the daily run rate business ran smoothly.

I led our inside team through formal meetings as well as informal discussions, offering encouragement and strategic help when required.

My bonus was based on Revenue and $CGP monthly targets. Management was always encouraging - gave specific goals and gave us the flexibility on how to achieve them.

It was a demanding job and alot of follow up was done at the end of the day - I had the ability to work in the evenings, enjoyed this flexibility.
Pros
I loved working with my customers and company had great people to work with.
Cons
Management and Executives have been their for a long time, so was not much room for new opportunities.
Stimulating and Fun
Supervisor / Team Leader - Sales (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC23 September 2013
Very busy days with a variety of jobs under this title.
I leaned so much during my 20 years where I went from a Sales associate to a Team Leader.
Pros
Excellent values and great benefits
Cons
There were no options for either advancement or parallel movement in Montreal
Tech Data Canada
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 September 2013
Anybody who doesn't have ambition and values security over all other needs should work there.

PROS
Great people,
Good culture.
Benefits
Security

CONS
Salary
Incentives
Career Progression

It's a great place to start a career, but only a loser would want to spend their life there.

Channel Sales, is really order-fulfillment If you find that exciting, then Tech Data, Ingram or any of those other distributors are the spot for you Because really all you do is contribute to the supply chain process
Great company to work for
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 July 2013
This is a company that has it all. Very good balance in all aspects of the work environment. Tech Data strives to be the best in their industry and they make sure that they retain their top quality associates and management team. Great place to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tech Data. Our community is ready to answer.