Tech Data

Tech Data Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
unethical management and politics
Logistic Associate (Former Employee), richmond, bcMay 21, 2013
this company is not in favour of the welfare of its employees. They treat you as a criminal because you are sick. Plenty of discrimination. HR turns a blind eye to any reports filed by lower level employees. HR sides with management and does nothing to resolve disputes.
no fun
Summer Part-Time - Green Mile (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: free dinner or lunch when we are doing inventory
Cons: long hour[ inventory time]
good place to work.Real nothing to learn.Management keep thing for themself .Co-worker some are very good people some ok.Wake up in the morning around 2:30a.m especial in the winter time .We start around 4 a.m in the morning.
Enjoyable time ;Inventory time a lot of overtme and company provide lunch or dinner
Great
Inside Sales Account Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 21, 2012
Pros: diversity
Cons: commission structure
Great company culture
Career advancement opportunities
Great Management
Tech Data is a great place to learn many different aspects of business
Inside Sales Account Representative (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLNovember 29, 2014
Employed there for 18 years, started off working 12-9 but now my schedule fluctuates from 8-5 & 9-6.

Great exposure
Flexible schedule
LOW MORALE
A fortune 100 company with great potential
Apple Solutions Rep (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLNovember 21, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: limited room to advance
I enjoyed my 14 plus years at Tech Data. I was surrounded by great people and learned so much about IT distribution
Productive Workplace
Product Sales Champion - Oracle (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLNovember 10, 2014
Typical day, I make outbound sales calls, I initiate meetings internally and externally. I plan strategic events for customers in order to drive revenue.
Competitive Work Place
Systems Engineer - TD Mobile Solutions (Current Employee), Clearwater, FloridaNovember 4, 2014
One of a kind work place. Very competitive and fast paced. Excellent learning experience!
Extremely professional environment
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Clearwater,FLOctober 31, 2014
Pros: great people, good cafeteria, and flexible hours.
Cons: no 401k match, cubicle environment (not very good for sharing ideas with other creatives)
During my 9 years at Tech Data, I must say, that it was an extremely rewarding experience. I liked the variation in the job requirements. I was able to demonstrate different skills and had lots of opportunities to use my creative abilities.
Really gave me a chance to expand my computer knowledge.
Senior Computer Technical Support Member (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLOctober 27, 2014
I went from 25 computer hardware calls a day to 175 calls a day !
I was the top computer hardware expert at the top leading computer company retailer in the nation. Robert Hutson was a great supervisor and did everything possible to make my job as comfortable as possible.
Evolving workplace with room to grow with the company
Sales Development (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLOctober 26, 2014
Since employed at Tech Data I have had many opportunities to evolve. I have learned different department job functions, cross trained and taken soft skills trainings to improve. All in all Tech Data has my best interest at hand to develop.
challenging and productive workplace
IT Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee), basingstokeSeptember 22, 2014
-Providing efficient customer support for technical issues related to servers, hardware, software, networking environment and peripherals, this role includes: diagnosing, installing, repairing and maintaining all PC hardware, software and related equipment. Dealing with problems logged via telephone, e-mail, Lync-communicator or in person. Serving customers – more... using Remote Assistance Tools.
- Supporting Users and Super Users (VIP’s) to the highest company standards and compliance of all policies and procedures: raise their Incidents/ Service Requests, answering their questions and queries. Investigating problems and when possible immediate troubleshooting and workaround or escalating to the appropriate 2nd level resolution group
-Accurately log information to the Global Ticketing Tool and make sure that Tool is updated at all time during the life of a Ticket
- Team Leader backup- managing escalations, liaising with Senior Management as a single point of contact with Service Desk, handling complains, preparing shift plan and updating team-support documentation
- Handling variety of accounts e.g. providing access to shared mailboxes, distribution lists in Active Directory and Office 365, creating HP TopConfig, supporting customers with WebEx, VPN and Symantec, working with SAP Incidents, logging details for internal/external web sites, software applications
- Supporting HP, Cisco, Lenovo, BlackBerry, Apple, Nokia devices
- Assisting with the coaching and development of new team members – less
Great company to work for, low salary
Sales Support Representative (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLSeptember 17, 2014
Potential to move up
Great exposure
Excellent Benefits
Training opportunities
Low pay
Flexible workplace, but sometimes micromanaging
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: flexible work environment
Cons: micromanaging
A lot of visibility if you work hard. Plenty of opportunity for advancement, but also political. I have never had a problem taking off work when needed, but you are also expected to work long hours.
Perfect job for the complacent
Marketing (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLAugust 6, 2014
Pros: if you get in, you stay in
Cons: stale, stagnant culture
I believe they boast about the average tenure being around 12 - 15 years. That's because if you get in here, you get comfortable -short of committing a felony onsite you stay. No accountability. Collect a check and go home.

Management focuses on areas of the business with no strategic roadmap yet implementation resources are maxed out working on whatever – more... pops in someone's head as an idea that day.

I worked with people who had no college degree, no experience other than Tech Data, surfed the web most if not all day and yet were paid what I was paid for working 8-10 hour days.

This place is perfect for someone who can get in and does not really care about having any real impact on what they do or their career growth.

Little to no growth in marketing or niche technical areas. Red flag; if it takes your manager over 10 years to get their first promotion - you can't expect any growth for yourself.

Don't try to impact change. Don't suggest efficiency or new processes and whatever you do, don't ask questions and you will absolutely love it here. – less
Not a fun place.
Account Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJuly 27, 2014
Pros: close to home.
Did not enjoy working there, but learned a lot of new skills.
Great Place to Work
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), ClearwaterJuly 23, 2014
Overall good company to work for -
Nice benefit and compensation package
Driven to perform and fun environment
Product Purchasing Manager (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJune 4, 2014
Pros: flexibility, they treat you as an adult
Cons: healthcare, and vacation is average
Opportunity to take on extra projects
Freedom to work independently yet opportunity to work together with different teams
Senior Associate (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLMay 27, 2014
I worked with alot of great people. Learned and worked in SAP, great managers to work for.
A day at tech data
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Swedesboro, NJMay 9, 2014
A lot of orders being shipped by a certain time required skills. All day counting and checking serial numbers can build you concentration skills. Co- worker work together to get the job done right. The hardest part is being on time before the truck leaves. The things I enjoyed was working with fun people making money.
Creative, productive and stimulating company
Accountant I (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLMay 7, 2014
Pros: encouraged to grow and think creatively
In the 11 years I spent at Tech Data I learned more than any student could possibly learn. We were encouraged to think of creative ways to improve processes or even create new ways of doing old processes in a more efficient and cost effective way. They have great regard for the opinions of the people that are in the "trenches" actually doing the day-to-day – more... work when designing new systems and processes. This company has grown leaps and bounds since I started in 1998 all because of the creative thinking it encourages in every employee that wants to step up and grow. I planned on retiring from Tech Data but the economy had different ideas. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Tech Data

Tech Data is 100% committed to IT products distribution. One of the world's largest distributors of computer products, Tech Data – Read more