Tech Data Canada

Tech Data Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A fast paced environment, goal orientated, and everyday was exciting.
National Account Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 4, 2013
Pros: i loved working with my customers and company had great people to work with.
Cons: management and executives have been their for a long time, so was not much room for new opportunities.
Tech Data is a distributor of I.T. hardware, software and service products. Tech Data sold product through our reseller partners.

As a National Account Manager, I was the outside sales representative responsible for the National resellers such as CDW, Insight, Dell, Softchoice, and TigerDirect - and responsible for managing these accounts.

My responsibility included developing relationships with – more... purchasing, product management, and their sales teams. I enjoyed the relationship management, working with their teams uncovering larger sales opportunities. I was responsible for larger RFP's, uncovering longer term business opportunities (in regards to vendors or services offered), as well as ensuring the daily run rate business ran smoothly.

I led our inside team through formal meetings as well as informal discussions, offering encouragement and strategic help when required.

My bonus was based on Revenue and $CGP monthly targets. Management was always encouraging - gave specific goals and gave us the flexibility on how to achieve them.

It was a demanding job and alot of follow up was done at the end of the day - I had the ability to work in the evenings, enjoyed this flexibility. – less
Tech Data Canada
Account Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 12, 2013
Anybody who doesn't have ambition and values security over all other needs should work there.

PROS
Great people,
Good culture.
Benefits
Security

CONS
Salary
Incentives
Career Progression

It's a great place to start a career, but only a loser would want to spend their life there.

Channel Sales, is really order-fulfillment If you find that exciting, then Tech Data, Ingram or any of those other distributors are the spot for you Because really all you do is contribute to the supply chain process
Good working environment
Account Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 21, 2013
Pros: free lunches and spiff
Cons: long hours
Read thorugh Emails, prepare quote, achieve sales quota
Sales and communication skills
Management is OK, but sometimes lack of communication
Good relationshsip with co-workers
It is hard to achieve sales quota
Good potential to make spiff
Great Place to Work!
Buyer - Cisco Business Unit (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 8, 2012
Pros: great people
Cons: long hours
Great place to work with the most amazing people ever! I enjoyed every day that I worked there.