Tech Data Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

Great company to work for !
Inside Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Developed sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts.
Soliciting new accounts, building rapport, providing technical information and explanations.
I have learned about the IT industry.
Co- workers became like family.
Hardest part of the job was leaving the company.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a great culture.
Pros
the people
Cons
low pay
Tech Data Canada
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 12, 2013
Anybody who doesn't have ambition and values security over all other needs should work there.

PROS
Great people,
Good culture.
Benefits
Security

CONS
Salary
Incentives
Career Progression

It's a great place to start a career, but only a loser would want to spend their life there.

Channel Sales, is really order-fulfillment If you find that exciting, then Tech Data, Ingram or any of those other distributors are the spot for you Because really all you do is contribute to the supply chain process
Busy place to work
Reverse Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 8, 2015
Not an ideal place to work. Not everyone get recognized for the work they do. Dept. managers favor only those involve in brown nosing.
Pros
Nothing free
Cons
sometimes long hours
Good working environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 21, 2013
Read thorugh Emails, prepare quote, achieve sales quota
Sales and communication skills
Management is OK, but sometimes lack of communication
Good relationshsip with co-workers
It is hard to achieve sales quota
Good potential to make spiff
Pros
free lunches and spiff
Great Place to Work!
Buyer - Cisco Business Unit (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 8, 2012
Great place to work with the most amazing people ever! I enjoyed every day that I worked there.
Pros
great people
Cons
A fast paced environment, goal orientated, and everyday was exciting.
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 4, 2013
Tech Data is a distributor of I.T. hardware, software and service products. Tech Data sold product through our reseller partners.

As a National Account Manager, I was the outside sales representative responsible for the National resellers such as CDW, Insight, Dell, Softchoice, and TigerDirect - and responsible for managing these accounts.

My responsibility included developing relationships with purchasing, product management, and their sales teams. I enjoyed the relationship management, working with their teams uncovering larger sales opportunities. I was responsible for larger RFP's, uncovering longer term business opportunities (in regards to vendors or services offered), as well as ensuring the daily run rate business ran smoothly.

I led our inside team through formal meetings as well as informal discussions, offering encouragement and strategic help when required.

My bonus was based on Revenue and $CGP monthly targets. Management was always encouraging - gave specific goals and gave us the flexibility on how to achieve them.

It was a demanding job and alot of follow up was done at the end of the day - I had the ability to work in the evenings, enjoyed this flexibility.
Pros
i loved working with my customers and company had great people to work with.
Cons
management and executives have been their for a long time, so was not much room for new opportunities.

Tech Data Canada Reviews by Location