Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Field Technician will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Possess a positive and passionate personality, with the natural ability to communicate with TechConnect’s contracted Customer’s and Staff
- The ability to maintain eye contact and smiling with each of our customers and coworkers
- A demonstrated ability to listen and empathize with our customer’s needs and problems
- Performs installation of Wi-Fi Access Points & related digital equipment and accessories
- Responds to and resolves customer issues which arose from the installation and operation of Wi-Fi, and other IP based digital services
- Performs safe, secure installations of equipment adhering to
- Contributes to the growth of all Shaw’s products and services through promotion and sale of products.
- Responds to customer reported service problems involving analog, phone and digitally delivered services.
- Detects, diagnoses and corrects issues affecting the services of our customers in a safe and controlled manner.
- Operates and understands test equipment related to the maintenance of 2-way coaxial and fibre systems
including field strength signal meters.
Works with other technical staff to ensure the resolution of customer issues in an effective and timely manner.
- Maintains accurate system records and support documentation for all work orders.
- Ensures vehicle, test equipment and tools are maintained in excellent condition.
- Promotes TechConnect with a very positive, professional image.
- A knack for problem solving and multitasking in a fast paced, time-sensitive environment
- A mature approach to work by taking ownership and responsibility in high stress situations
- The ability to recognize one’s mistakes and learn from them
- A commitment to teamwork and working in a fun and friendly atmosphere
- Various other duties as needed.
- Complete all required documentation accurately and thoroughly
- Assist in the preparation of labeling, pre-packaging, stocking and organizing equipment
- Maintain adequate stock levels of equipment, including ordering new equipment, pick-up and delivery
- Maintain cleanliness of the company office, warehouse and surrounding area, including mopping/vacuuming, dusting and wiping surface areas with appropriate approved cleaners and towels
- Assist in the maintenance of fleet operations by performing regular vehicle inspections
- Coordinate with OCC on required fleet maintenance schedules and vehicle repairs
- Assist in the development and implementation of new processes to improve workflow
- Assist in the field as required
- Other duties as required
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in a telecommunications related industry, primarily with field experience
- Maintain a valid Canadian driver’s license without any restrictions and in accordance with all provincial traffic acts, and must provide a driver’s abstract annually
- Ability to work various shifts, including evenings and weekends
- Successful candidates must provide, at their own cost, CSA approved steel-toe safety boots, a smart phone, and CATV specialty tools
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Strong organization, prioritizing, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Physically able to perform all aspects of the job including, but not limited to, climbing ladders, working in confined spaces and safely operating hand tools
- Must be able to life a minimum of 70lbs
- Must be able to climb heights of up to 40’
- Candidates must have appropriate vision to be able to safely identify various colour schemes
Indeed - 9 months ago