Teavana Employee Reviews

Fun environement
Seasonal Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON17 March 2014
Teavana was an interesting environment to work in. Management could use some improvement at times. But it is full of culture.
Informative and Sales Oriented
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2014
Wonderful place to work if one enjoys high pressure sales. A Teavana employee guides the customers through the store and educates them on tea culture and tea benefits. One learns a great amount of information because of this process and comes away having a true understanding for specialty product.
Pros
Great chance to learn about tea culture. Energetic place to work.
Cons
Expect external hires to managerial positions.
Positivity and hard working
Barista (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, manitoba10 January 2014
make drinks for customers, workers and put away stock. stock tea bar and shelfs, help out team mates. I have learned how to get along with people, work as a team, make different kinds of drinks, deal with customers, handle cash, and do inventory/stock. our management team is really good together. co-workers work as a team/family and help one another out. There isn't really a hard part to my job as i am the barista that makes drinks, fill samples, and works part as the team. I love working with people and helping people out and find what they love.
Pros
working as a team.
Work Life Balance is provided
Retail Merchandise Associate (Current Employee) –  181 Bay Street, TOronto, Ontario22 November 2013
- Promoting and selling high end loose leaf tea and Teavana products.
- Sampling teas to customers and your time to build customers relationships and conduct elevator pitch presentations on the Tea samples.
- co-workers are encouraging and providing guidance and suggestions all the time while promoting teamwork.
- hardest part of the job i would say is selling the cast iron teapots as the deception of a heavy pot throws people off.
- enjoyable part is having free tea all the time.
an OK job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2013
Its alright. But very unorganized. i can never reach my manager. the shifts are scheduled based on your sales. no sales, no shifts. its a competitive environment, and you're forced to sell tea to people who don't even want tea. my co-workers are generally happy-go-lucky individuals, and its fun working with them. when sampling you get to meet alot of new people
set hours of a retail store with working great people
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2013
I worked with Teavana before they were Teavana , I was a Teaopia original as we used to call it. I learned a lot about tea and how to specifically cater to a costumers taste pallet. the hardest part of my job was trying to get my mangers to notice some things that customers and as employees saw was wrong with the company. The most enjoyable part of working at Teavana is that i got to work with great people and severed great costumers
Teavana
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 August 2013
This job was one of the most amazing jobs I've ever had, I left due to lack of training and a disrespectful, harassing area Manager, I was there for just under three years and I worked myself up the ladder, starting at part time in 2010 and then working my way to a store manager in early 2012. All of my co-workers and employees were very friendly. I learned a lot while I was there and found I had a large passion for tea and the benefits that the leaves hold. If there were a change in management I would more that consider going back.
Pros
Free tea to drink on shift, amazing benefits and discounts
Cons
Poor Management and training from area manager.
Poor
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary alberta 26 June 2013
I loved working there at first, but the DM was unfair with the manager in the store and I did not believe with how she was handling her. It was very pressured to make high sales and you were forced to push the customers into buying high price and high quantity of teas which I did not also believe in. It is not a place that you want to work if your looking to work long term. It is however a good place for high school students looking for some fun.
Pros
discount teas, weekly pay, bonus.
Cons
Conflict of Interest, immature management
Relaxing and amazing place to work
Operations Team Lead / Key holder (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 May 2013
Selling tea has to be one of the best jobs I have ever had. I have had very few upset customers, most people are excited to learn more and expand their knowledge and tastes of tea. My co-workers are fantastic, Area manager, and store manager are a hoot to have around. I wake up excited about who I will be working with every day.
Pros
Free cups of tea on shift
Cons
Sales goals are sometimes unrealistic, resulting in punishment if they are not met.
Excellent
Made sales (Former Employee) –  Ottawa Ontario25 March 2013
Very fun and relaxed environment to work in.
I learned sales techniques and how be efficient.
Fun
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 February 2013
It's a fun place to work and it's easy to sell product you love.
Don't really care about you unless you make me the most sales
Teologist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 December 2012
They cut your hours back more and more until you're down to a 4 hour shift a week, even though you're supposed to get 20+. Unless you're in the top three of sales of the store, they don't care about your opinion or if you need more hours. Our regional boss was a horrible person & everyone ended up quitting because of him, including our top sale people. Maybe not all the Teavana stores are like this, but ours sure was.
Fun and uplifting environment
Sales Persons (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB18 October 2012
Working at Teavana was a great place to work because I learned new interesting information tea everyday. Management and co-workers always worked as a team. The part was working in an uplifting environment with great people.
Une journée de travail typique
Chef d'équipe (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC15 September 2014
Un thé d'une excellente qualitée et une belle équipe! On dois demander au gens de venir goûter au thé, on fais découvrir la santé en breuvage. Beaucoup de challenge administratif!
Pros
Thé gratuit
Cons
Mal payer