Teavana Employee Reviews in Canada

set hours of a retail store with working great people
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 13, 2013
I worked with Teavana before they were Teavana , I was a Teaopia original as we used to call it. I learned a lot about tea and how to specifically cater to a costumers taste pallet. the hardest part of my job was trying to get my mangers to notice some things that customers and as employees saw was wrong with the company. The most enjoyable part of working at Teavana is that i got to work with great people and severed great costumers
Teavana
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 26, 2013
This job was one of the most amazing jobs I've ever had, I left due to lack of training and a disrespectful, harassing area Manager, I was there for just under three years and I worked myself up the ladder, starting at part time in 2010 and then working my way to a store manager in early 2012. All of my co-workers and employees were very friendly. I learned a lot while I was there and found I had a large passion for tea and the benefits that the leaves hold. If there were a change in management I would more that consider going back.
Pros
free tea to drink on shift, amazing benefits and discounts
Cons
poor management and training from area manager.
Poor
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary albertaJune 26, 2013
I loved working there at first, but the DM was unfair with the manager in the store and I did not believe with how she was handling her. It was very pressured to make high sales and you were forced to push the customers into buying high price and high quantity of teas which I did not also believe in. It is not a place that you want to work if your looking to work long term. It is however a good place for high school students looking for some fun.
Pros
discount teas, weekly pay, bonus.
Cons
conflict of interest, immature management
Relaxing and amazing place to work
Operations Team Lead / Key holder (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 16, 2013
Selling tea has to be one of the best jobs I have ever had. I have had very few upset customers, most people are excited to learn more and expand their knowledge and tastes of tea. My co-workers are fantastic, Area manager, and store manager are a hoot to have around. I wake up excited about who I will be working with every day.
Pros
free cups of tea on shift
Cons
sales goals are sometimes unrealistic, resulting in punishment if they are not met.
Excellent
Made sales (Former Employee) –  Ottawa OntarioMarch 25, 2013
Very fun and relaxed environment to work in.
I learned sales techniques and how be efficient.
Fun
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 11, 2013
It's a fun place to work and it's easy to sell product you love.
Don't really care about you unless you make me the most sales
Teologist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 20, 2012
They cut your hours back more and more until you're down to a 4 hour shift a week, even though you're supposed to get 20+. Unless you're in the top three of sales of the store, they don't care about your opinion or if you need more hours. Our regional boss was a horrible person & everyone ended up quitting because of him, including our top sale people. Maybe not all the Teavana stores are like this, but ours sure was.
Fun and uplifting environment
Sales Persons (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBOctober 18, 2012
Working at Teavana was a great place to work because I learned new interesting information tea everyday. Management and co-workers always worked as a team. The part was working in an uplifting environment with great people.
Une journée de travail typique
Chef d'équipe (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QCSeptember 15, 2014
Un thé d'une excellente qualitée et une belle équipe! On dois demander au gens de venir goûter au thé, on fais découvrir la santé en breuvage. Beaucoup de challenge administratif!
Pros
thé gratuit
Cons
mal payer