Teavana

Teavana Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Bad managment
Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Cons: everything
You sell overpriced tea that has had some very powerful pesticides sprayed on them to people while convincing them it is healing.

now owned by starbucks. So many reasons why never to work or shop there.
Great Place to Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONJune 14, 2014
Co-workers and management were really good here and always a positive environment
Must be dedicated to job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 16, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: grueling sales process
I found there was a lot of room to move up in the company if you were willing to dedicate your whole time to your work.
Time spent at Teavana
Cashier, sales associate. (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 22, 2014
A typical work day includes working with the customers to find the best tea that suits there life style. We also spend the day learning about teas.
Informative and Sales Oriented
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great chance to learn about tea culture. energetic place to work.
Cons: expect external hires to managerial positions.
Wonderful place to work if one enjoys high pressure sales. A Teavana employee guides the customers through the store and educates them on tea culture and tea benefits. One learns a great amount of information because of this process and comes away having a true understanding for specialty product.
Positivity and hard working
Barista (Current Employee), Winnipeg, manitobaJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: working as a team.
make drinks for customers, workers and put away stock. stock tea bar and shelfs, help out team mates. I have learned how to get along with people, work as a team, make different kinds of drinks, deal with customers, handle cash, and do inventory/stock. our management team is really good together. co-workers work as a team/family and help one another out. There isn't really a hard part to my job as i am the barista that makes drinks, fill samples, and works part as the team. I love working with people and helping people out and find what they love.
Work Life Balance is provided
Retail Merchandise Associate (Current Employee), 181 Bay Street, TOronto, OntarioNovember 22, 2013
- Promoting and selling high end loose leaf tea and Teavana products.
- Sampling teas to customers and your time to build customers relationships and conduct elevator pitch presentations on the Tea samples.
- co-workers are encouraging and providing guidance and suggestions all the time while promoting teamwork.
- hardest part of the job i would say is selling the cast iron teapots as the deception of a heavy pot throws people off.
- enjoyable part is having free tea all the time.
an OK job
Team Member (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 8, 2013
Its alright. But very unorganized. i can never reach my manager. the shifts are scheduled based on your sales. no sales, no shifts. its a competitive environment, and you're forced to sell tea to people who don't even want tea. my co-workers are generally happy-go-lucky individuals, and its fun working with them. when sampling you get to meet alot of new people
set hours of a retail store with working great people
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 13, 2013
I worked with Teavana before they were Teavana , I was a Teaopia original as we used to call it. I learned a lot about tea and how to specifically cater to a costumers taste pallet. the hardest part of my job was trying to get my mangers to notice some things that customers and as employees saw was wrong with the company. The most enjoyable part of working at Teavana is that i got to work with great people and severed great costumers
Teavana
Store Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 26, 2013
Pros: free tea to drink on shift, amazing benefits and discounts
Cons: poor management and training from area manager.
This job was one of the most amazing jobs I've ever had, I left due to lack of training and a disrespectful, harassing area Manager, I was there for just under three years and I worked myself up the ladder, starting at part time in 2010 and then working my way to a store manager in early 2012. All of my co-workers and employees were very friendly. I learned a lot while I was there and found I had a large passion for tea and the benefits that the leaves hold. If there were a change in management I would more that consider going back.
Poor
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Calgary albertaJune 26, 2013
Pros: discount teas, weekly pay, bonus.
Cons: conflict of interest, immature management
I loved working there at first, but the DM was unfair with the manager in the store and I did not believe with how she was handling her. It was very pressured to make high sales and you were forced to push the customers into buying high price and high quantity of teas which I did not also believe in. It is not a place that you want to work if your looking to work long term. It is however a good place for high school students looking for some fun.
Relaxing and amazing place to work
Operations Team Lead / Key holder (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 16, 2013
Pros: free cups of tea on shift
Cons: sales goals are sometimes unrealistic, resulting in punishment if they are not met.
Selling tea has to be one of the best jobs I have ever had. I have had very few upset customers, most people are excited to learn more and expand their knowledge and tastes of tea. My co-workers are fantastic, Area manager, and store manager are a hoot to have around. I wake up excited about who I will be working with every day.
Excellent
Made sales (Former Employee), Ottawa OntarioMarch 25, 2013
Very fun and relaxed environment to work in.
I learned sales techniques and how be efficient.
Fun
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 11, 2013
It's a fun place to work and it's easy to sell product you love.
Don't really care about you unless you make me the most sales
Teologist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 20, 2012
They cut your hours back more and more until you're down to a 4 hour shift a week, even though you're supposed to get 20+. Unless you're in the top three of sales of the store, they don't care about your opinion or if you need more hours. Our regional boss was a horrible person & everyone ended up quitting because of him, including our top sale people. Maybe not all the Teavana stores are like this, but ours sure was.
Fun and uplifting environment
Sales Persons (Former Employee), Saint John, NBOctober 18, 2012
Working at Teavana was a great place to work because I learned new interesting information tea everyday. Management and co-workers always worked as a team. The part was working in an uplifting environment with great people.
It is a flexible work environment
Production Team Lead (Current Employee), Stratford, CTJanuary 17, 2015
Teavana is an understanding work environment and respectful one. They consider the well being of its employers.
Great, fun, fast-paced place.
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Wellington, FLJanuary 12, 2015
It was great working for Teavana, and I am so grateful for all that I've accomplished since working there. It was fast-paced but organized, each day brought the promise of new customers, and new teas,I learned the basics of tea making, and the products as well as the teas themselves. Time management was great too, they really worked with my schedule. The hard part was probably having to answer questions about the teas and that I didn't know about but it also helped me expand my knowledge on each tea and how they benefited the customer, as well as the price. The easiest part was the clean up and doing stock in the back, it helped me know the store and how each item worked. I learned so much from everyone and I really enjoyed my time there.
Great Company to work for
Senior Systems Administrator (Current Employee), AtlantaJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: great pay, great leadership team
Starbucks management are top notch. Teavana culture are being replace with Starbucks.
Three Months
Partner (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 30, 2014
Pros: free starbucks coffee
Cons: everything else
I worked there three months had my hours cut back from 15 to 8. Abusive management, inappropriate management.

1 2 3 4 5

About Teavana

Great tea works wonders. The delicious tastes and health benefits make tea a wonderful beverage - much better than the unhealthy – Read more

Teavana Photos