Teavana Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun and encouraging work place.
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 8, 2016
A typical day at Teavana is up beat, usually involves having conversations with customers while getting to know them and explaining to them our products / making them drinks. The staff also alternate on cash and cleaning, sometimes stock work is involved. I've learned a lot while working there, mostly building on my customer service skills and sales approaches.
Management and co-workers are all amazing, I've developed some great relationships and everyone gets along well.
The hardest part of the job would have to be keeping up with tea samples in the busy mall, the most enjoyable would be interacting with customers as well as my co-workers.
Pros
Fun, encouraging, great staff and managers, positive environment over-all.
Cons
Over staffed, hours are minimal.
productive and fun environment customer oriented
Keyholder / Gardienne (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 11, 2016
very good environment, fun to come to work. I love the job culture, tea can be very interesting and can offer health benefits. I love educating people about tea especially when they only know about earl grey or English breakfast.

It will be sad when i leave this job. But it is very hard to go forward with the company and think of a career job for the future.
Good atmosphere, good people and good products.
Barista/Stockperson (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 25, 2016
I would start serving drinks, look at what needs to be done in terms of stock, and order items if necessary. I honed my customer service skills, and learned about dealing with ordering and inventory. Management and coworkers are like family. I greatly enjoyed having access to delicious tea, and the hardest part of the job would be dealing with uncooperative customers, although this was rarely an issue. Overall it was a fun place to work.
Productive working environment
Operational Manager and Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMay 30, 2016
Extensive learning about tea-making processes.
Speak with customers about tea that best suites their particular need in taste.
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with coworkers and speaking with customers about product.
enjoyable and energetic workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 10, 2016
Working at Teavana is very enjoyable experience. The whole team at St.Vital is great to work with and very friendly. I have learned so much while working there and not only about tea, but skills I will take with me on my jobs to come. I have learned how to connect with customers I am helping as well as listen to their needs and accommodate for them. Multitasking is also another skill I have gained further experience in, especially when the store become busy. Overall I believe that this job has helped me grow as a person, because I use to be super shy, and in my employment experience. My manager was good at following my availability and accommodating the schedule to school and other priorities. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting all my amazing co-workers, and also helping a new customer to tea and sensing their excitement to get started, knowing that I have helped them.
Fun and interesting place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 9, 2015
It is a fun place to work, we are all friends and management is really easy going. We all follow the rules and if we do what we have to it is a great environment. The most enjoyable part is working with the customers and providing them with a great service. The hardest part would be the closing part there is a lot to clean up and it has to be done right.
Pros
30% off, fun staff, great friendships, good hours, nice location
Fun place to work- terrible pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 6, 2015
I started as a team lead and quickly moved into the position of assistant manger. From there I was transferred to another store that had no manager. I created an amazing team and was given the title of 'acting manager' but was not given a raise. I was managing the store at $12/ hour and working 50 hour work weeks.

I love the culture of the store but they seem to have a hard time keeping good people.
Pros
Free tea
Great company to be a part of!
Visual Merchandising Teamlead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 26, 2015
This company openly appreciated all employees and even offered gifts and incentives to each employee on a regular basis. They expected us to have as many free teas in a shift as we could so that we could learn the tastes and pair them together well. Hardest part of the job was watching the customer's shop and knowing I would have to wait until my shift was over.
Pros
support, advancement opportunities, free tea
Cons
Terrible management that does NOT respect their employees.
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJune 5, 2015
When I first started working at Teavana I really enjoyed it. You get free tea on your shift, a 30% discount at Starbucks and Teavana and the work itself is pretty fun and interesting. I soon became all to familiar with the overbearing and disrespectful attitude of the management of the ENTIRE COMPANY and the store itself. They set completely unrealistic sales goals and then punish you when you fail to meet them. They get mad and do not believe you when you call in sick. They make advancement/pay raise promises that they do not keep and do not think twice about kicking you to the metaphorical curb if you try to stand up for yourself when they treat you badly.

I 100% do not recommend working here unless you are completely desperate for a job. Trust me, it's not worth the stress.
Pros
Free tea on the job, discount at starbucks, learned a lot.
fun work environment if leading by good manager
Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCJuly 27, 2015
lack of communication between management teams
salary is low
co-workers are friendly
learned management and training skills from this company
Very relaxed environment but sales oriented
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCMarch 19, 2015
We get to learn more than 100 kinds of teas and plenty of time to build a great relationship with customers.
Learned about history of the tea and herbs that are in the teas (health benefit).
Co-workers are mostly students and full of young energy.
Pros
you get to try all the teas on a wall
Cons
n/a (it was a great job)
Culture is awesome, management leaves something to be desired
Team Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Teavana has a great atmosphere for interacting with customers. Unfortunately, the atmosphere does not extend to the upper management.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
incompetent general manager
Informative and Sales Oriented
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2014
Wonderful place to work if one enjoys high pressure sales. A Teavana employee guides the customers through the store and educates them on tea culture and tea benefits. One learns a great amount of information because of this process and comes away having a true understanding for specialty product.
Pros
great chance to learn about tea culture. energetic place to work.
Cons
expect external hires to managerial positions.
Positivity and hard working
Barista (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, manitobaJanuary 10, 2014
make drinks for customers, workers and put away stock. stock tea bar and shelfs, help out team mates. I have learned how to get along with people, work as a team, make different kinds of drinks, deal with customers, handle cash, and do inventory/stock. our management team is really good together. co-workers work as a team/family and help one another out. There isn't really a hard part to my job as i am the barista that makes drinks, fill samples, and works part as the team. I love working with people and helping people out and find what they love.
Pros
working as a team.
Work Life Balance is provided
Retail Merchandise Associate (Current Employee) –  181 Bay Street, TOronto, OntarioNovember 22, 2013
- Promoting and selling high end loose leaf tea and Teavana products.
- Sampling teas to customers and your time to build customers relationships and conduct elevator pitch presentations on the Tea samples.
- co-workers are encouraging and providing guidance and suggestions all the time while promoting teamwork.
- hardest part of the job i would say is selling the cast iron teapots as the deception of a heavy pot throws people off.
- enjoyable part is having free tea all the time.
set hours of a retail store with working great people
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 13, 2013
I worked with Teavana before they were Teavana , I was a Teaopia original as we used to call it. I learned a lot about tea and how to specifically cater to a costumers taste pallet. the hardest part of my job was trying to get my mangers to notice some things that customers and as employees saw was wrong with the company. The most enjoyable part of working at Teavana is that i got to work with great people and severed great costumers
Teavana
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 26, 2013
This job was one of the most amazing jobs I've ever had, I left due to lack of training and a disrespectful, harassing area Manager, I was there for just under three years and I worked myself up the ladder, starting at part time in 2010 and then working my way to a store manager in early 2012. All of my co-workers and employees were very friendly. I learned a lot while I was there and found I had a large passion for tea and the benefits that the leaves hold. If there were a change in management I would more that consider going back.
Pros
free tea to drink on shift, amazing benefits and discounts
Cons
poor management and training from area manager.
Relaxing and amazing place to work
Operations Team Lead / Key holder (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 16, 2013
Selling tea has to be one of the best jobs I have ever had. I have had very few upset customers, most people are excited to learn more and expand their knowledge and tastes of tea. My co-workers are fantastic, Area manager, and store manager are a hoot to have around. I wake up excited about who I will be working with every day.
Pros
free cups of tea on shift
Cons
sales goals are sometimes unrealistic, resulting in punishment if they are not met.
Poor
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary albertaJune 26, 2013
I loved working there at first, but the DM was unfair with the manager in the store and I did not believe with how she was handling her. It was very pressured to make high sales and you were forced to push the customers into buying high price and high quantity of teas which I did not also believe in. It is not a place that you want to work if your looking to work long term. It is however a good place for high school students looking for some fun.
Pros
discount teas, weekly pay, bonus.
Cons
conflict of interest, immature management
Don't really care about you unless you make me the most sales
Teologist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 20, 2012
They cut your hours back more and more until you're down to a 4 hour shift a week, even though you're supposed to get 20+. Unless you're in the top three of sales of the store, they don't care about your opinion or if you need more hours. Our regional boss was a horrible person & everyone ended up quitting because of him, including our top sale people. Maybe not all the Teavana stores are like this, but ours sure was.