Teavana Employee Reviews

Fun environment to work in
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2017
Unfortunately the store in Cross Iron Mills at the time was run by two men who had very poor management skills, but the company itself is wonderful! One thing that sucks in every store is all the dishes!
Pros
Free tea
Cons
sample cart
A tea infused atmosphere, rich in tea culture.
Customer Service / Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB12 July 2017
Although this job is a little more laid back physically, mentally you must be prepared. There is much to tea that many are unaware of, such as the benefits properties and temperatures of different teas.I would say that 80 percent of your training will be involved in tea specifically then 20 percent will be on salesmanship and your knowledge of various items in the store.
Pros
Free tea when your on shift, meeting goals you could win tea.
Cons
Being prepared for the ultra slow days, like Sunday or Monday.
VERY fast paced, goal oriented, teamwork
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 July 2017
Working at teavana was great because it was very fast paced, and you are obligated to work as a team. You are constantly on your feet, and each employee has a sales goal. It gets a little bit competitive, which can be healthy.
Fast-paced work place with a lot of standing and attention to customers.
Barista/Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 July 2017
Teavana is a Starbucks company and they have been great to work for. I have worked at Starbucks and Teavana. I love coffee and tea and the sales experience.
Best retail job!
Assistant Manager/Acting Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 May 2017
Truly the best retail job I have ever had. Very upbeat and positive workplace, with plenty of advancement opportunities and support through upper management.
Great and fun place to be
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 March 2017
Lots of amazing and fun people come work here. Lots of amazing possibilities for future. Easy and enjoyable place to work. Great quality of the products.
Very sales driven
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 February 2017
Not much room for advancement. You have to work hard for very little reward and even though they emphasize learning about tea, they don't give you time to learn your job properly.
Productive Team Oriented Workplace
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 January 2017
I have never worked with a company where the being a team was so important to management. All of us loved working together and it was always exciting to enter the store and see who was working. And with a sales approach that focused on keeping happy customers and creating repeat business we were able to become friendly with our clientele and they were always as happy to see us again as we were them.
Pros
Tea on shift, member card got 30% off at Starbucks
Flexible
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Surrey Centre, BC27 December 2016
This job is a great job for students because the hours are reasonable and flexible. It is HEAVILY sales oriented. If you don't like pushy selling, this job is likely not going to appeal to you.
Great coworkers.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 December 2016
The entire time I worked there we didn't have a manager (I didn't want to take on that responsibility).
I was one of the main team leads at the time and partially was an acting manager.
I loved the people I worked with and I continue to be friends with them to this day.

The main thing I disliked apart from no managers, was the push to sell... Since we didn't get commission for our sales.
Pros
Coworkers, tea.
Cons
No management, no commission.
Bad Upper Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 December 2016
Working with co-workers are great as well as learning about the different types of tea and their brewing methods.

Using the sample cart when the store is slow is inefficient, many people will just take the free samples then walk away. The rate of actually making a sale is quite low as the sample tea is considerably overpriced. Time can be used elsewhere.

Upper management needs to get a grip on what is actually going on in the store. Worked in a lower volume mall where the shoppers were not there to spend money on specialty tea. Blamed the workers and management at the store for the lack of sales when the problem is the location.

Training is good but in some cases, not applicable to different stores with different clientele.
Pros
Free drinks at work
Cons
Sampling at the sample cart, poor upper managment
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 September 2016
Fun and educational workplace that promotes wellness and relaxation. Everyone is helpful and positive as well as cheerful. there is no major problems with customers so everything is looking well
Fun and relax workplace
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 July 2016
Great staff, good management and a very positive workplace. Tasks vary from organizing inventory, stocking up shelves, serving costumers and making tea drinks.
typical day
night manager / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 June 2016
sales and merchandising
quotas to reach
closing and cleaning of store
Meeting and greeting the customers.
Interaction with stafff
Pros
learning of teas and how they are or are not good for you
Cons
competative hours
Productive working environment
Operational Manager and Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 May 2016
Extensive learning about tea-making processes.
Speak with customers about tea that best suites their particular need in taste.
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with coworkers and speaking with customers about product.
Fun and encouraging work place.
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 May 2016
A typical day at Teavana is up beat, usually involves having conversations with customers while getting to know them and explaining to them our products / making them drinks. The staff also alternate on cash and cleaning, sometimes stock work is involved. I've learned a lot while working there, mostly building on my customer service skills and sales approaches.
Management and co-workers are all amazing, I've developed some great relationships and everyone gets along well.
The hardest part of the job would have to be keeping up with tea samples in the busy mall, the most enjoyable would be interacting with customers as well as my co-workers.
Pros
Fun, encouraging, great staff and managers, positive environment over-all.
Cons
Over staffed, hours are minimal.
productive and fun environment customer oriented
Keyholder / Gardienne (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 March 2016
very good environment, fun to come to work. I love the job culture, tea can be very interesting and can offer health benefits. I love educating people about tea especially when they only know about earl grey or English breakfast.

It will be sad when i leave this job. But it is very hard to go forward with the company and think of a career job for the future.
enjoyable and energetic workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 March 2016
Working at Teavana is very enjoyable experience. The whole team at St.Vital is great to work with and very friendly. I have learned so much while working there and not only about tea, but skills I will take with me on my jobs to come. I have learned how to connect with customers I am helping as well as listen to their needs and accommodate for them. Multitasking is also another skill I have gained further experience in, especially when the store become busy. Overall I believe that this job has helped me grow as a person, because I use to be super shy, and in my employment experience. My manager was good at following my availability and accommodating the schedule to school and other priorities. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting all my amazing co-workers, and also helping a new customer to tea and sensing their excitement to get started, knowing that I have helped them.
Good atmosphere, good people and good products.
Barista/Stockperson (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 January 2016
I would start serving drinks, look at what needs to be done in terms of stock, and order items if necessary. I honed my customer service skills, and learned about dealing with ordering and inventory. Management and coworkers are like family. I greatly enjoyed having access to delicious tea, and the hardest part of the job would be dealing with uncooperative customers, although this was rarely an issue. Overall it was a fun place to work.
Fun and interesting place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 December 2015
It is a fun place to work, we are all friends and management is really easy going. We all follow the rules and if we do what we have to it is a great environment. The most enjoyable part is working with the customers and providing them with a great service. The hardest part would be the closing part there is a lot to clean up and it has to be done right.
Pros
30% off, fun staff, great friendships, good hours, nice location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teavana. Our community is ready to answer.