Our client is well-established in the printing and consulting industry. They are looking for a Senior Printing and Bindery Clerk in Chatham, ON to work on a long term assignment. Copy Center background will be a great asset.
- Set up - operate and maintain networked digital colour production printing system (Xerox) and front-end colour servers – configure job processing settings - manage job queues - process files and print jobs
- Convert digital files to formats such as PDF - TIFF - PostScript - XML etc. for import into document management systems
- Troubleshoot complex PDL - PDF and variable data workflow issues such as trapping - overprinting and performance optimization
- Merge variable data in to standard formats
- Perform quality checks on equipment utilized - diagnose and correct performance and image quality problems per operator maintenance procedures
- Evaluate output and make adjustments to obtain a desired level of image quality
- Obtain updated drivers as required
- Perform colour server file maintenance and job tracking (press schedules)
- Record meter reads - process production forms and maintain records
- Coordinate the print job intake process - prioritizing and assigning jobs
- Operate production printers and copiers - configure settings - manage job queues - process files - print jobs - scan materials and select appropriate output formats per client requirements
- Retrieve - re-purpose and re-print archived documents
- Track and archive digital client jobs as required for re-printing
- Complete and maintain all logs and reports including month-end reports
- Input Meridian (billing system) requisitions
- Order and replenish consumables - forms inventory and other supplies items as required.
- May include monitoring and managing inventory of production printer consumables and specific stock to support client print job requirements
- Support site continuous improvement programs including 5S - a site efficiency methodology
- Load print drivers for clients / Enter IP addresses - user access levels
- Maintain log of all activities including on-site parts inventory for fleet equipment
- Carry out first level repair utilizing basic technical and/or electrical skills - escalating in accordance with agreed procedures for next level maintenance and technical support on client fleet equipment
- Interface with hiring company and third party customer service organizations to collaboratively ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
- Must be customer focused, experience with print and print job set up. Experience running printers and bindery work but also administrative experience paying bills reconciling accounts and statements, complete month end reporting.
- Must be VERY organized and professional.
- Proven ability to work under pressure handling multiple tasks to ensure timely completion of all activities
- Able to listen and communicate effectively
- Able to read - write and follow basic English instructions
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds
- Basic math skills (add - multiply - divide)
- Basic computer skills (keyboard - mouse functions)
- Excellent communication and Customer service skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Read and comprehend technical trouble shooting (fault codes - image quality) procedures
- Service or Document management industry work experience operating high volume - networked systems
- Knowledge of and working skills with principles of colour theory - colour calibration process and instruments
- Minimum: 1- 2 years in Service or Document Management; Graphic designing background . Preferred: Training; operation of PC applications in networked environment; knowledge and use of interpersonal skills behaviors.
Please note that this is the most up to date version of job description available at this time – During Client Interview you will receive additional information – variance may apply !