Our client is well-established in the printing and consulting industry. They are looking for a Senior Graphic Designer in Guelph, ON to work on a long term assignment.
Please note part of this job candidate need to work in Oakville at least two days a week.
- Establish and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Gather client requirements for all document design and printing projects.
- Completing design projects independently with minimal guidance.
- Advise clients on the best use of media.
- Maintain strong relationships with clients.
- Provide alternative visual and composition ideas to client.
- Create or modify digital documents using office
- Desktop publishing and web page design software - using various platforms.
- Adapt existing graphic elements with newly created graphics to complete graphic/digital projects.
- Educate the client and Account Associates on designing
- Preparing and producing quality color documents.
- Maintain file management.
- Learn optimal qualities and configurations of digital Printing Technology for jobs specific to the equipment.
- Remain fluent in current industry software (i.e. Quark, Illustrator, and Photoshop, Web publishing Freehand etc.) and graphic trends.
- Work with print production staff to ensure hand-off design to production is efficient and error free.
- Provides consultation to customers to determine nature and content of designs
- Estimate costs of materials and time to complete graphic design.
- Develop a concept from clear but broadly defined customer input.
- Develop graphic elements that meet customer’s objective.
- Prepare layouts and graphic elements of the subjects to be rendered.
- Able to scan full colour images and accurately judge colour output on a variety of devices.
- Use existing photo and illustration into design.
- Coordinate all aspects of print productions for print or electronic materials.
- Complete all pre-flight requirements as needed.
- Use customer feedback to improve performance graphics services at the site.
- Demonstrates knowledge of industry trends latest software applications and can articulate benefit to customer.
- Project manages the implementation and integration of low to mid-level complex GA projects.
- Provides consultation to customers to provide strategic input and concept development for major projects.
- Develop creative concepts from vague broadly defined customer input.
- Establish guidelines and coordinate all aspects of third party contracting as required (may include photographers, illustrators etc.)
- Provide recommendations to customer as to best medium to produce desired visual effect and most appropriate vehicle for communication of message.
- Provide guidance and input to less experienced designers.
- Estimate cost of materials and time to complete graphic design.
- Assume expert knowledge of the brand and corporate vision in order to bring about the ownership of brand standards across the account.
- Listen, understand and communicate effectively.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Understand digital colour environment and requirements
- Able to prepress files in this environment.
- Understand colour issues as it relates to offset and digital colour printing.
- Ability to comprehend and translate customer requests to job requirements.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment. * Creative and design on small projects with some supervision.
- Work in multidisciplinary environment.
- Provides graphic and digital document design services from concept to design to print management seeking guidance when required.
- Working knowledge of multimedia software (i.e. Director).
- Manage creative design and technical layout for small to medium sized marketing projects of moderate complexity seeking guidance only in unique situations.
- Fully competent to perform more complex graphic and digital document design services from concept to design to print management.
- 2 to 4 year graphic design/fine arts diploma/degree from recognized institution or post secondary PC; Mac technology or graphics training or equivalent work experience in the graphics industry experience
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with graphics design; desktop publishing and web page design software; digital colour preflight and prepress workflow competency.; Creative talent as evidenced by a portfolio of completed work.; Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with customers and identify areas where relationships need to be built to increase use of design services
- Web Design experience and knowledge of illustrations in order to determine the nature and content of the illustrations required to meet the customers’ requirements.
- Candidate must have great time management skills, work independently, procurement experience and great communications skills.
Please note that this is the most up to date version of job description available at this time – During Client Interview you will receive additional information – variance may apply !
When you have some time please register in our database (5 minute process) to be considered for future openings; the link is available on our website at http://www.teamrecruiter.com/ in the Candidate section.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted through telephone/email. You are encouraged to register with us in our database to be considered for future positions available.
Have a great day.
......At Teamrecruiter.com we offer some of the most highly qualified professionals in the workforce. We dedicate an industry trained recruitment specialist to the following areas: IT, Finance, Admin, Sales, Executive Search and Contractors. If you would like to learn more about our full-service recruiting firm please visit our website at www.teamrecruiter.com.
CAMSC and ACSESS certified