The Certified Electrician will plan, lay-out, assemble, install, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and related equipment in buildings and other structures. Their plans of new or modified will minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance and avoid hazardous and unreliable wiring. The Electrician will be consistent with specifications and electrical codes.
- Plan, layout assemble, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and related equipment in the company’s facilities.
- Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes and specifications.
- Use hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose, locate the cause of, and repair malfunctioning systems, apparatus and components using test equipment.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair to ensure compliance with codes and specifications.
- Advise management on hazardous continued operation of equipment.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of systems.
- Train other maintenance personnel to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring equipment, and fixtures.
- Prepare drawings or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building safety codes.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Completion of five year apprenticeship program
- Government Trade Certification
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Computer literate
- Genie boom license
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard