Team Industrial Services

Team Industrial Services Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great tradesmen and professional attitude
piping foreman/ shut down gf (Former Employee), Sarnia, ON / Edmonton abFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: dealing with professionals all the time.
Cons: some managerial attitudes
great outlook on the days activities by all involved.
learned something new every day about Team Services.
Mostly the management were great to deal with.
co-workers are some of the best tradesmen in the country.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the day to day interaction with the tradesmen that work there.
Apprentice Steamfitter/Pipefitter - Second Year (Former Employee), Edmonton ABJanuary 14, 2014
great place to work, not to pushy, forman are great. good location from home. will return when they have work.
good place to work
LV II & LVIII Inspector (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 19, 2014
Pros: lot of new places to work and learn
Cons: lots of odd hours and shifts
It is a hard life to work in the NDT field there is no set time for work it is a 24hr a day 7 day a week job. have learned a lot in this field that i can take with me and use in different fields.the workers at team were great.the hardest part of the job is not having a life to go and do things or plan things because it is full time job at all hours – more... of the day. – less
Productive High Energy Work Place
Leak Sealing & Hot Tapping Technician - Apprentice (Former Employee), Carnegie, PAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: great work atmosphere, possible advancement
Cons: could take a long time to advance
Show up check the schedule and go to work
Team work is key
Great managers
Very knowledgeable in their field
Staying safe
Almost all work is local to the home office
laid back environment great place to work
Administrative Sales Manager (Former Employee), Paramount, californiaMarch 10, 2014
great place to work, laid back environment all employees are kind and nice to you.
Good Place to work for Non degree.
Safety Representative (Former Employee), El Segundo, CaliforniaFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: fun workers
Cons: bad managements
A good place to start at work without any college degree, Employee just needs to get use to working long hours and working on a refinerary environment.
overall a great company
Manufacturing Lead / Welding (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: stable company with good structure and great benefits.
This is a well managed safety consious company. It's nice knowing that they're as committed to safety as you are. Very well structured with opportunities for internal advancement and to learn new skills.
Productive and enjoyable
NDT Inspector (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2014
Always check PPE before we begin our work.
Notify all co-workers while working in noisy environment or potential hazards moving through the facility.
Inspect while standing up for eleven to twelve hours.
Worked in refineries,powerplants
Heat Treater (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 25, 2014
this job took me out of the state ,sometimes 3 months at a time
Great Company To work for
Level II NDT Inspector (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2014
It is a very laid back company to work for. The management is good the co workers are awesome. The hardest part of the job is somedays you work really hard and the best part is most days you don't do anything at all. I have learned better communicating skills, nde skills, report writing skills, more procedural knowledge etc. Working with TEAM is like – more... striking gold, they are the epitome of inspection companies. – less
Great place to learn
Assistant Radiographer (Former Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 18, 2013
Great place but I had no time on the job. Management was bad since they didn't place me on any jobs. Went through all the safety classes with perfect scores.
Team Industrail was a brotherhood filled with mentors to learn from.
Mechanical Technician asst. (Former Employee), Carteret, NJNovember 11, 2013
Wake up early around 5-6am head to the shop, get to the shop, by a specific time and change in our locker area. Look on the board to where we are going to head if we hadn't heard anything the night before. We would head out to refineries all up and down the East coast. Prepare what we needed for the job and load it onto the trucks by the description – more... on the document that our sales person had filled out. Head to the job once everything is loaded and in uniform. Get to the job, speak to the contact number on the document and let them know that we are there for the job at hand. Fill out paperwork than fix the job in the safest way possible, with a good work ethic and theres always a lead person. After the job is done and to the customers satisfaction. Fill out more paperwork and than head back to the shop. Unloading all equipment and garbage in the trucks and parking the trucks in the back where they belong. Finally going over with head of communications the updated jobs for tomorrow, if there are any. If not we would have to preform shipping and handling work, answer telephones, stock and audit warehouse, fix equipment that had been broken on the jobs or replace, audit trucks and replace any equip or misc. that was used, wash trucks and maintain a good housekeeping when done with all work. All this takes place at the warehouse starting at 8am. Other than all the duties it was a fun place to be around, with a good group of guys to share it with. There was a lot of enjoyable things about working with team, for one they had their own crew room, always packed with sodas and little snacks. It was a good place for the guys to come together and eat lunch a share ideas. The overtime, per diem, nights out of town, training to get certified in another skill,gas to fill trucks, going home with a company truck, was all paid for by the company. It just had a lot of perks with a strict demeanor and once you got the demeanor down you didn't have to worry about much. – less
A lot of just sitting around not much to do.
Heat Treater (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKNovember 1, 2013
Pros: not many
Cons: several, boring, not a team player company.
Not my particular place to work if you are looking for a long time career.
Great place to work.
Qualified Inspector (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 17, 2013
Great place to step along the path of inspection. learned how to inspect and report write. limited growth in my short time there.
poorly managed
NDT Technician (Former Employee), cincinnatiOctober 15, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: same as review
management was unorganized. Didn't consider how decisions affected moral of employees. Dishonest to clients
Good work environment
MOC/Inventory Technician (Former Employee), Alvin, TXOctober 12, 2013
Pros: free lunches on certain fridays. good work environment
Cons: poor benefits
Stared work at 6 am, headd out to the field between 6:30 and 7 am. Worked four days a week, also with occasional overtime. I learned a lot about MOC work and even more about doing projects. Hardest part was monitoring with the 30 pound backpack when climbing towers. I enjoyed the people I worked with, and made a lot of friends.
This job was completely different than anything I had done before, I loved it.
assistant radiographer in Denver, Co (Former Employee), Denver, CoOctober 7, 2013
Pros: the whole experience of this job
Cons: some of the locations
I was a radiographer assistant which means I took x ray of pipe in refineries, and most any where pipe was being laid. I wish I had been much younger doing this job, I could have done this job most of my adult life. It had it's draw backs too Very cold weather, the danger of radiation, but over all I loved this job.
Productive with lots of overtime
Technician (Current Employee), KYSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: good place to work or to just build your resume. get your foot in the door to other companies.
Cons: problems are not addressed by managment and are covered up for the most part.
Good place to work or to just build your resume.

Management is not on your side.
leak repair on piping, lots of travel
Field Technician (Former Employee), Rockdale, ILSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: free transportation to jobsite
Cons: spending alot of time away from family
Always traveling, Not the greatest starting pay. Company does pay perdiem and is a decent amount
Job
Environmental Control Technician (Former Employee), Texas City, TXAugust 15, 2013
Pros: working in a hands on environment
Cons: short to no breaks, people that are snitches
To be honest, the work was good but my wife and I are expecting our first child next coming month. So I am in need of something that can become my career. The individuals that I worked with are some what childish but that never kept me from my duties.
A tipical day for me would consist of gathering the equipment I am to use for the day. Determine what – more... Unit I will be in for the day to monitor components that could potentialy release emissions. Within the unit there are areas that are split into sub-areas that are given to each technicians via hand held.
What I have learned from this particular job is,1) Refinery processes crude oil into many different products that we use everyday. 2) The process that each unit conducts to convert crude oil from its original state (i.e. sulfer seperation from crude, to distillation processes, to cracking, and to its movement throughout the refinery). 3) Leak detection from components and reporting the detection to operations to reduce emissions. 4) Understanding the responsability of honesty.
Management was not the best due to the fact they, themselves, were never honest.
Some of my co-workers I could trust to complete a task, others never really cared enough so the ones that would work had to pick up the slack.
Climbing towers and walking with 20 pounds of equipment on our backs.
Learning about process technology and gaining the knowledge that I have to further a career. – less

1 2 3