Teach For America

Teach For America Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Environment
Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AzApril 16, 2015
Pros: Flexible with hours, Great experience
Cons: No cons
Working for TFA has taught me to be a team player. Also, working for this job has taught me to file paper work and follow up on calls. TFA was the greatest experience that I could've ever been apart of. In addition to this, I also made calls to future teachers to make sure that they had their paper work to be eligible for a position as a teacher.

This job has also taught me time management. Time management was the key to this job because everything had to be done in a specific time frame of the day.

I enjoyed everything about this job; from the work environment to working all day there.
Great organization with a strong mission and cares about staff members
STO (Current Employee), USAMarch 30, 2015
great org with flat hierarchy. opportunities to develop within position and others within organization. awesome culture.
Incredible cause and purpose
Recruitment Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 24, 2015
This is a role where you feel like you have a specific purpose. As a recruitment manager, you build a database of potential applicants, meet with those applicants, and then convince them to apply.
Very depending and unable to provide enough support
Middle School Special Education Teacher (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great experience and my students were amazing!
Cons: not enough support or time
I was required to get a Masters in Special Education while starting my first year in a Special Education classroom. I also had to train myself to be a case manager for my students. I worked from 4am to 7pm most days of the week, and my life was my work.
Extremely Challenging and Rewarding Work
Corps Member (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 15, 2015
Teaching is more a service than a profession. With that being said, do not become a member of Teach For America unless you have a strong passion to teach. The work will be some of (if not the most) challenging you ever do, but it will also be more rewarding and enriching than anything you do.
Highly rewarding, able to work with motivated individuals
National Curriculum Writer 8th Grade Math (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 9, 2015
My typical day consisted of developing materials for the classroom, collecting data to drive instruction, partnering with parents and administration to create a strong network of support for students. I learned how to prioritize and be flexible, because in a school day anything can happen. I also learned how to allow data to drive instruction and make decisions based on concrete evidence. Additionally, I learned that the education system is suffering and really needs highly motivated issues in the classroom to tackle to day-to-day battles that as associated with teaching. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the impossible: trying to reach a student who, to others, seemed unreachable. It was also very rewarding to work creatively and collaboratively with other teachers to reach low-motivated students. Once we started seeing improvements in their behavior and attitude, we began to see improvements in the classroom. That was by far the hardest but also most rewarding part of my job.
Great working environment with passionate, caring people
ASSOCIATE OF ALUMNI LEADERSHIP & INVOLVEMENT (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 5, 2015
Great co-workers, and overall management, very people centered. Everyone in the office is very mission aligned, driven and hard-working. Some lack of professional development and advancement opportunities.
Informative
7th Grade Level Chair & School Teacher (Former Employee), Helena, ARMarch 4, 2015
A lot of research and working with people in their field is a unique opportunity that better prepares you for success in the future
Great!
Div., Equity, and Inclusiveness, Co-facilitator (Current Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 28, 2015
Teach For America does a great job creating a fun and productive job culture. I learned a lot about working with different types of people and how to work together for a common cause.
Purpose filled work
Manager of Teacher Leader Development (Current Employee), Gallup, NMFebruary 24, 2015
Driven towards helping students and teachers succeed. Learned how to coach adults, provide professional development to adult learners, communicate across lines of difference and inspire others to succeed.
Supportive
Corps Member (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 19, 2015
Teach for America has been a great avenue to pursue my desire to become permanently certified in teaching Special Education.
Growing and Changing Company
Early Childhood Education Intern (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 16, 2015
Really enjoy working at TFA because of the mission towards equal educational opportunities for all children. I would really recommend this company.
Teacher
Educator - 4th Grade Teacher (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2015
It was overall helpful in gaining real world experience. I was trained in the field of education, developed my interpersonal skills, and how to balance work and life.
Supportive environment that builds teachers in their professional development
English Teacher (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 6, 2015
The training over the summer is rigorous given the work load and the schedule. However, the training gives you insight into the daily requirements of an instructor. Furthermore, Teach For America provides support throughout your teaching career and great strategies and tools for instruction.
Corps Member 2013
Corps Member (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2015
A great team that is dedicated to leadership development for all the Corps Members. (Dallas/Fort Worth Corps Member 2013)
Teach for America
Corps Member (Current Employee), Cleveland, MSJanuary 19, 2015
Teach for America is an awesome organization to work for. There are many connections that I have made with others during this time have been very beneficial to my career as an educator.
Incredibly intelligent, forward-thinking staff members committed to educational equity.
Director, Regional Talent Recruiter (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 17, 2015
On a typical day check-ins with hiring managers occur throughout the morning and early afternoon while the afternoon may be devoted to team calls, executing projects, and or holding cultivation calls with potential prospects for open roles. The organization is highly collaborative: teams often work closely alongside one another to complete projects, troubleshoot, or accomplish goals.
Not a good Work- life balance, heavy work loads with long hours
Associate, District & School Partnerships (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: no work life balance
Cons: great benefits! good money! great cause!
Very heavy work load that they don't reveal to you until after you accept the job. The people are great, and the company has great benefits and they are very involved in the community. They take part in all kinds of projects in Memphis. The most enjoyable part about the job is the people you work with. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the volume of work with quick turnaround deadlines. Management is great and they are big on promoting and developing people within the company.
Powerful Nationwide Movement
Science Instructor (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: gain temporary teaching certification
TFA is an awesome two year program! I joined Teach For America immediately after graduating college for the opportunity to work toward closing the opportunity gap in inner city schools.
Incredible Support System by Goal Driven People
Mississippi Corps Member (Current Employee), MississippiDecember 26, 2014
I loved my time with Teach For America. The organization is filled with people who are truly dedicated to providing a better education for the country's underprivileged students. Those people also serve as an invaluable resource of classroom support, education knowledge, and an emotional sounding board.

1 2 3 4 5

About Teach For America

All kids—no matter where they live, how much money their parents make, or what their skin color is – deserve access – Read more

Teach For America Photos