Teach For America

Teach For America Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Purpose filled work
Manager of Teacher Leader Development (Current Employee), Gallup, NMFebruary 24, 2015
Driven towards helping students and teachers succeed. Learned how to coach adults, provide professional development to adult learners, communicate across lines of difference and inspire others to succeed.
Supportive
Corps Member (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 19, 2015
Teach for America has been a great avenue to pursue my desire to become permanently certified in teaching Special Education.
Growing and Changing Company
Early Childhood Education Intern (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 16, 2015
Really enjoy working at TFA because of the mission towards equal educational opportunities for all children. I would really recommend this company.
Teacher
Educator - 4th Grade Teacher (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2015
It was overall helpful in gaining real world experience. I was trained in the field of education, developed my interpersonal skills, and how to balance work and life.
Supportive environment that builds teachers in their professional development
English Teacher (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 6, 2015
The training over the summer is rigorous given the work load and the schedule. However, the training gives you insight into the daily requirements of an instructor. Furthermore, Teach For America provides support throughout your teaching career and great strategies and tools for instruction.
Corps Member 2013
Corps Member (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2015
A great team that is dedicated to leadership development for all the Corps Members. (Dallas/Fort Worth Corps Member 2013)
Teach for America
Corps Member (Current Employee), Cleveland, MSJanuary 19, 2015
Teach for America is an awesome organization to work for. There are many connections that I have made with others during this time have been very beneficial to my career as an educator.
Incredibly intelligent, forward-thinking staff members committed to educational equity.
Director, Regional Talent Recruiter (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 17, 2015
On a typical day check-ins with hiring managers occur throughout the morning and early afternoon while the afternoon may be devoted to team calls, executing projects, and or holding cultivation calls with potential prospects for open roles. The organization is highly collaborative: teams often work closely alongside one another to complete projects, troubleshoot, or accomplish goals.
Not a good Work- life balance, heavy work loads with long hours
Associate, District & School Partnerships (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: no work life balance
Cons: great benefits! good money! great cause!
Very heavy work load that they don't reveal to you until after you accept the job. The people are great, and the company has great benefits and they are very involved in the community. They take part in all kinds of projects in Memphis. The most enjoyable part about the job is the people you work with. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the volume of work with quick turnaround deadlines. Management is great and they are big on promoting and developing people within the company.
Powerful Nationwide Movement
Science Instructor (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: gain temporary teaching certification
TFA is an awesome two year program! I joined Teach For America immediately after graduating college for the opportunity to work toward closing the opportunity gap in inner city schools.
Incredible Support System by Goal Driven People
Mississippi Corps Member (Current Employee), MississippiDecember 26, 2014
I loved my time with Teach For America. The organization is filled with people who are truly dedicated to providing a better education for the country's underprivileged students. Those people also serve as an invaluable resource of classroom support, education knowledge, and an emotional sounding board.
Extremely Challenging Work
8th Grade Social Studies Teacher & Team Lead (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 14, 2014
Pros: experience, hands on skill development, flexible work schedule after hours
Cons: always working, low pay
Teach for America is very rewarding however the experience varies school to school and city to city. The corps can offer great professional development or completely leave out what the school itself will demand.

If you are at a school with bad administration, you might find yourself working all the time. However, this experience builds basic skills so quickly and is very much an experience that everyone should have.
It was great experience working with Teach for America & my team members.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 9, 2014
For my last project, I was responsible for writing test cases, test case review, requirements validation, monitoring the execution of manual and automated test case. I prepared test summary report and communicate test status to leaders and prepared corresponding documents. I was also responsible for ensuring project plan changes are incorporated in test plan. I wrote a test plan and test strategy and make sure the work is going according to the test plan. I identified the risks and tried to mitigate them. At the end of project testing life cycle I ensured that all test objectives are accomplished and acceptance criteria was met. I was always focus on handling the challenges in my project so that my team and project will grow and perform well. All my team members and leaders were very co-operative and helpful. All of, the management side was great too.
I learned, challenge is the part of job and always motivate to get new challenges in my life.
Truly values people
Manager, Recruitment (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIDecember 9, 2014
Their HR team is referred to as "Human Assets"- this really sums up the culture at TFA. People are expected to work hard and give a lot of themselves to their work, but employees are valued and lots of professional development is given.
Tough but rewarding work
Corps Member (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 27, 2014
Some support from management. Every day is a grind but the two years goes by quickly.
Great employer for the gritty
Teacher (Current Employee), Miami, FLNovember 23, 2014
Teaching in a low income community is not for the faint of heart. It is a life changing experience, but the salary of a teacher leaves much to be desired.
Great team environment!
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 4, 2014
My role at the office is to keep things running smoothly through a professional relationship with outside vendors, community members, and staff team
-Phenomenal management!
Teacher, 6th 7th 8th grade math & Algebra 1 (Former Employee), Charleston, SCOctober 31, 2014
TFA provided a great foundation for me professionally while helping to move toward education equity.
Personal Growth through development of others
TEACHER (Current Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 26, 2014
I went through a seven week training course to help me adjust to having my own classroom over the summer, and then I was given help to teach at a school in Memphis. It was a very difficult adjustment, but it helped me to grow as a leader and over time I found myself building a lot of solid relationships with my students.
Good entry into a professional field.
8th grade Science Teacher (Current Employee), Camden, NJOctober 26, 2014
Allowed you to enter a field you're passionate about that is rather difficult to break in to.

1 2 3 4 5

About Teach For America

All kids—no matter where they live, how much money their parents make, or what their skin color is – deserve access – Read more

Teach For America Photos