TD Insurance Employee Reviews

bad managment - poor technologies
Integration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 August 2017
TD, is an unstable company that gather many cultures. where you can find a Reckless management of a bank. I don't recommend this place for any of you.
Micromanagement
Insurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2017
Work environment getting worst by the day. Micromanagement at its peak! All about numbers, sucking up, position and power.
Employees are treated as robots.
Great Atmosphere
Insurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS3 August 2017
Great entry level job to start your career path if youre not sure what you want to do. TD has many opportunities other than insurance as well so there is lots of space for your skills
compensation package
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2017
Benefits of working for TD; salary, pension, RRSP, paid vacation and personal days, year end bonus.
Difficult to meet sales targets set by management.
Nice place to work
Risk Event Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB23 June 2017
I worked as a contractor on a term so I did not have benefits, sick days or vacation days. It is a good atmosphere and they do treat you well, even if you are a contractor.

A typical day included corrections on accounts (mainly data entry). I learned about many aspects of car insurance. The company is very diverse and there are many different groups and clubs to be associated with.

The hardest part of my job would be the hours. I had a 3pm-11pm shift which meant I was away from my family more than I liked, especially because my son has Asbergers.

My favorite part of my job would be my team. My team manager was an incredible person and my co-workers were all friendly and helpful.
The best employer of all time
New Business Sales Analyst, (Level 2) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada20 June 2017
I would take a position with TD Insurance again here in US. I started my insurance career with TD and have never regretted it. The best employer of all time. Staffs are well paid. Balanced work and family life.
Poor Management
Client Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2017
Revolving door of managers and employees, made for a very toxic work environment. Very little room for advancement despite your qualifications, unless you are friends with the boss .
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
High turnover
good benifits and competetive compensation
Insurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markhamville, NB7 June 2017
Good and fun place to work, growth opportunities, one of the best employer in Canada. Highly professional and helpful management always ready to help .
Low pay and confused management
Software QA (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 May 2017
Almost all the software team are consultants. Management runs the software group like it's a banking operation with focus on important issues like getting your time sheet in on time and checking your hours (Link is used to track time away from your desk).
Overall not a very challenging place to work and little room for advancement or influencing culture change. Not a long term gig (but most working there know it)
Pros
Workload is light
Cons
Management is there to protect themselves, not their employees.
Job summary
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB15 May 2017
TD Insurance is a great company to work for.
They have competitive Salary and have room for advancement. The sales goals they apply are achievable. The management team is very cohesive.
Pros
salary
Cons
late shifts
Great Team/Poor Advancement
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON12 May 2017
TD is a great company to work for. They do a lot for the employees to make the work day more enjoyable. My team especially is amazing to be a part of. My only critiques is that at times they can over manage their employees and not give us enough authority and also it can be very difficult to advance in the company. You have to be under the right management to get advanced. Certain managers help you advance quicker and other managers make you go through many obstacles before they will recommend advancement.
Pros
Supportive Team Environment
Cons
Poor Advancement Timelines
Not Good
Insurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2017
Bad environment with untrained unprofessional managers. Lot's of gossip and a overall negative place to work. Managers play faves and do not treat everyone equally.
Pros
Cons
high stress, low pay, bad managers
Residential Claims adjuster (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 May 2017
Great place to work,flexible work and life balance.Great benefits and very good people culture. Busy work day but fun environment, great team work with peers.
Pros
Free gym membership
My review
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2017
Typical day,

Checked my mail box for any rush.
Assisted customers over the phone for any insurance information.
Advised the benefit of the insurance and the coverage
Call Center Atmospher
Licensed Insurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB26 April 2017
if you ever decide to resign from TD make sure that you haven't over
used any of your holiday/vacation time or personal time as they will recoup every penny then can. Also ensure that if you have submitted a electronic timesheet for overtime, screen shot it for accuracy
Pros
good pay
Cons
working unitl 9 or 11 pm
Great Teams, Not so great salaries
Property Damage Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2017
While you will work with great people and management is generally great, the salaries are low compared to other companies. The benefits are great and work is fulfilling. Wonderful training.
Typical Call Centre environment, evaluated by metrics
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2017
Take calls from customers who have inquiries regarding the balance protection insurance on financial products such as lines of credit, mortgages and loans. The hardest part of the job is the monotonous routine of working in a call centre.
Pros
Free lunches
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB22 March 2017
Lots is expected from employers . Same position will change monthly if not daily . Policies and procedures are very hard to follow because they change them to drastically. Easy to get discourage and Lots of people on stress leave at all times . From a year ago and heard the same story last week , over 20 % on stress leave due to the job. Regional and office manager changes every year. Too much change in that department for employees to feel comfortable in their job.
Supportive management
Administrator (Current Employee) –  North York, ON20 March 2017
Strong customer focus, supportive management, encouragement to explore new avenues within the company. Emphasis on work-life balance. The chance to job shadow and try new things is the best part.
Bon et respectueux milieu de travail
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 March 2017
hauts standards de professionnalisme, collègues amicaux, beaucoup d'entraide, bon travail d'équipe
Pros
Grands cubicules, ressources disponibles pour bien faire le travail
Cons
code vestimentaire trop rigide