TD Insurance Employee Reviews in Canada

Gratifying place to work
Ont. - Team Leader, Claims Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2016
Working at TD was gratifying as it was a constant learning experience as well as being able to share and help others. They strive on a open door concept in which it makes a comfortable environment. Having Employee experience was essential as it is the key to customer experience
Productive and fast paced work environment
Phone Channel (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2016
A company that prides itself on the employee and customer experience. Constantly changing environment that makes for a challenging landscape at times. Evolving work strategies create an exciting workplace that pave the way towards future success.
Pros
Flexible Work Options, Employee Benefits, Diversity and Inclusion
Cons
Work Life Balance
Decent pay, good advancement opportunities
Request Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 28, 2016
They work you to the bone and don't pay all that well. Benefits are less than to be desired with the exception of the pension. Work environment is corporate at its worst.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Corporate work environment
General Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBMay 26, 2016
Cancel, bind & service home and auto policies
Great people to work with
Get to speak with people from all over Canada
Flexible choice at work schedules (with sonority)
I love dealing with insurance
Insurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBApril 12, 2016
I am looking for a company that I am able to grow within. I have to say i love the concept of dealing with people and making suggestions to help manage the insurance needs
Excellent
Express Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint JohnMay 26, 2016
Td was an and is an excellent company to work for, an excellent training program with lots of opportunity for advancement
Pros
Ecellent
Cons
Excellent
Terrible place to work
coach-the -coach (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 3, 2016
not a healthy environment, management are under qualified and do not support teams. Business processes are not executed appropriately.
Na
Support Service Associate Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMarch 11, 2016
there was not much opportunity for growth and movement .They were more favourable of hiring external candidates rather than promoting from within.
Good Place
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2016
It was a very enjoyable work environment where everyone was friendly and helpful.
There were chances of advancement if in the right department.
open door and open arms
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 23, 2015
Accommodating and positive atmosphere. peers and management are available if assistance is needed. great location for work/life balance.

best part was being able to give back to the community through volunteer efforts like planting trees, and raising money for charity.
Pros
office loction
Cons
lack of overtime hours provided
Okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Not too bad but not great. Good benefits, decent pay for the work. Very busy call center. Management out of touch. Hours not flexible, hard to get time off. Mind numbing work. Hard to advance.
Good corporate culture
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax NSOctober 15, 2015
TD does many things extremely well. They place a very high emphasis on training and support for their employees. Generally, speaking, the corporate culture is positive and forward thinking, and people do enjoy working there.
Pros
Good corporate culture
Cons
Not much opportunity for advancement
Busy and productive work environment.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 1, 2015
I'm proud to say I worked for TD for 11+ years. Amazing company with great values. They created a very professional and relaxing work environment. A typical day at work was spent on managing the VP's calendar, printing all documents prior to each meeting and making travel arrangements for the VP and other staff members.
Pros
People/employees and excellent work life balance
Cons
Long commute to work each day from my home
Productive and Friendly place to work
Administrator/Investigator Assistant (Current Employee) –  North York, ONOctober 26, 2015
It was nice coming into a very positive and friendly place to work, with a team environment. Was able to learn so many aspect of claims and fraud prevention.
Pros
Benefits and vacation
Cons
lots of lay off's
Workplace
APD Adjuster, total loss & negotiation specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaOctober 13, 2015
New to the insurance industry, learned alot of thing's and met many different people.
Developed relationships with outside vendors
I found our direct management was not supportive
Our day-to-day workload was un manageable
Great expereience
Insurance Adviser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 10, 2015
enjoyed the heck out of being there, but never fully got the training needed to overcome my mistakes. I'd just love the opportunity to return and pass RIBO testing.
good
Senior BI/DW Solution Architect/Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 7, 2015
A good place to work in general. Good work environment, and good employee incentive and benefit program. Will recommend it to anyone.
Enjoyed the Insurance Industry
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJuly 14, 2015
The company and position was great but the hours did not work with my families life. The shift work is great for single people and people without small children

Position entailed inbound callcentre taking calls from current clientele and new customers looking for quotes and to obtain insurance for home and auto. You have to be detailed and informed of the companys policies and procedures.
Great place for young staff starting out
Bilingual Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJuly 10, 2015
I worked for TD for 6 months. The training was very comprehensive. It wasn't however the right place for me as I didn't want to be stuck on the phone all day. Also the culture there is to play weird games and have competitions between teams. I felt that at times with all my experience that I was undervalued.
The benefits are amazing though and this is the reason many people stay.
Benefits
Cons
Repetitive tasks
Overall great place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBOctober 23, 2015
Very friendly environment to work, on hand help, lots of room for advancement. They have excellent training staff. Very fast paced environment.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
lots of contract work