TD Insurance

TD Insurance Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Bad management
Analyst- Level 1 (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 13, 2014
office environment and benefits are great but mid level management is horrible. Team managers are biased and misuses their power.
Excellent to work for TD
Auto Claims Analyst (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 1, 2014
Mondays are usually busy.
- Team leaders always help you.
overall great to work for Td insurance.
Sales & Customer Service
Sales/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), TorontoJuly 7, 2014
-sales and customer service experience
-met and interacted with a lot of customers
Instructor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 1, 2014
Great place to work. Company paid for all my courses. Great people to work with.
Great Company Great Expectaions
Retention Specialist (Current Employee), torontoJune 19, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: low wage
TD insurance has a high turn over rate and for all its expectations of excellence it doesn't pay excellent nor does it promote its best employees.
Fast paced mondays
Property Damage Analyst, Auto Claims Specialist (Current Employee), North York, ONMarch 11, 2014
A typical Monday, after being of for the weekend requires strong focus, creative thinking, and effective time management. What you quickly learn working here is all the tools needed to do your job extremely well are right in front of you. If not sure on how to implement said tools, just ask, regardless if they are a supervisor or another adjuster, anyone – more... will be glad to help. – less
Fun work with different people
Administrator – Customer Service (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: i liked respect, integrity and enjoyable environment
Cons: sometimes lack of communication between management and employees
A Typical day at work:
Just before my shift began, I checked incoming e-mails to be aware of any changes in exiting company policies, procedures as well as of any updates and events. As a first point of contact, it was very important to be ready to take the first call, be enthusiastic and prepared to help customers with their needs. Everyday I had to – more... deal with different client situations that allowed me to use my expertise and professionalism in order to provide a positive solution to their problems.

What I learned:
I learned to always remain calm, professional and be able to diffuse any client's difficult situations.

Management:
My management was always encouraging my self-motivation and goal orientation.My supervisor treated me with respect and was very knowledgeable and willing to help.

My co-workers:
I always had fun at work no matter what. As a part of a team I always encouraged my co-workers to be part of different charitable initiatives (i.e. JDRF Ride for a Cure, support of United Way, Food Bank Programs, Toy Drive).

The hardest part of the job:
I always embraced challenges and enjoy trying new things. My job at the times was too repetitive and in order to gain new skills I usually volunteered to be a part of different projects.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
I really liked having a structure to my day. I new exactly what was expected of me, so I could shoot for a day goal and hit it. – less
Very Diverse
CSR (Former Employee), BramptonDecember 9, 2013
Excellent company to work for as a CSR/Profiler. TD highly focuses on customer satisfaction by going above and beyond meeting their customer's needs.
Positive Environment
Mail Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 21, 2013
A day at work is never typical. Working in a busy mail room, I have to be flexible to assist the more than 300 employees at any given time as well as perform my daily tasks. Managing these changing priorities while remaining meticulous is a skill essential to this role.
Fun Place to Work
Client Service Advisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 31, 2013
Pros: management knowledge
Cons: distance
Is a great place to work with a management team that knows what they are talking about.
Stress free work envionment
Insurance Analyst -Underwriter (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONOctober 15, 2013
Pros: excellent perks and benifits
Cons: flex shifts
A typical day at work would be a continuous routine with surprises. It is a call centre environment so the daily routine and expectations is the same but every call is different with a different request and concern.

I have learned to deal with all types of people and how to handle different request and concerns. I have also learned how to handle customer – more... conflicts and resolutions.

My co-workers were always helpful and always positive.

The hardest part of the job was the late night flex shifts.

The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to clients and setting up policies. – less
could be better but could be worse
Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 23, 2013
Pros: banking benefits
Cons: too much work - not enough staff
each staff member does the work of 3-5 people and are not appreciated by the management
Strong family feel between co-workers/management
Level 2 Analyst (Former Employee), CalgaryAugust 22, 2013
Pros: flextime, recognition programs, great management team
It was a pleasure working with TD Insurance for the past 5 years. I meet some wonderful people who are now apart of my family. I had loads of opportunity and personal growth throughout the years. My manager team was amazing and always gave me the support when I wanted to challenge myself.
Wonderful people to work with and flex days
Accident Benefits Administrative Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2013
Pros: flex days
Cons: silly contests
The best part is that there is no typical day. Every day you get to work with the analysts and they always have different requests each day so you are not bored. I love the fact that we have flex days. You just make sure that you work your full week hours and then you get a day off every other week. The best part of the job is the people I work with.
too many organizational changes at the same time
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 12, 2013
Pros: very good work / life balance
Cons: no estability
Nice people interesting projects, ppor management. The hardest part of the job is to deal with the many organizational changes happening at the same time. In my case I was laid off after 6 months due to reduction and cuts in project portfolio they said.
Good workplace, little advancement opportunity
Administrator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 30, 2013
Pros: pot luck, good co-workers, good people manager
Cons: high call volume
A typical day consistent of answering calls of potential clients and creating profiles for them. Calls could reach up to 100 calls per day. Responsibilities also included verifying client information, documenting changes made to client profiles, thorough security checks, developing rapport with the client and determining group rate eligibility.

I learned – more... to be quick and efficient at managing client calls and expectations as well as answering questions.

My people manager was great, but the upper level management decided the role I was redundant. I feel they should be more proactive in retaining valuable team members than letting them go.

Co-workers are mostly helpful and supportive

Hardest part of the job is handling the sheer volume of client requests

Most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers as well as the pot lucks we organized – less
diverse work place
Insurance analyst (Current Employee), etobicoke, ontarioJuly 6, 2013
My daily work routine involves serving and assisting customers with their insurance needs for both home and auto. I enjoy sharing experiences with clients whether its for a purchase of a new car/home. I greatly enjoy working with my team during contests and also meeting personal targets. I have a great relationship with my manager and regularly discuss – more... my progress and am always seeking room for improvement. I enjoy my job due to knowing the aspects and procedures of the role and being able to place everything in perspective , which is mainly due to organization. The most enjoyable part of my job is the job satisfaction at the end of each day knowing I have assisted customers and met business needs and carried out my role effectively. – less
Really good team building activities
Administrative Assistant, Client Accounts (Former Employee), CalgaryJune 18, 2013
Pros: free casual days and snack days
Cons: not enought work to go around
First would be Good Morning smile from Management. You can learn as many things about the job that you want to learn .Co-workers are the best everyone is there to help in anyway possible .I really didn't want to leave but reorganization of the company left me with no choice.Everyone got along
Encourages professional development
Team Leader (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 18, 2013
I have learnt that being a leader is just an understatement. As a leader you become your employees confidante, someone they can relate to well developing them for career progression. Once the trust has been developed there is nothing your team will not do for you.

As you are building your relationship with your direct reports, you are also doing the – more... same with management. The doors are always open for guidance in numerous areas if needed.

The hardest part of being a leader is dealing with behaviour issues, however this is also the most rewarding. When someone can turn everything around and exceeds expectations it's a wonderful feeling.

The daily work load is very unpredictable. On the spot planning is needed and at times changing the original plan as it no longer works is required. – less
good working environment with friendly people
ADMIN- Facility Technician (Former Employee), edmMay 31, 2013
TD has taught me everything i know about how to work in an office. i have gained so many skills from this company and my coworkers