TD Insurance Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fast paced work environment
Phone Channel (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: Flexible Work Options, Employee Benefits, Diversity and Inclusion
Cons: Work Life Balance
A company that prides itself on the employee and customer experience. Constantly changing environment that makes for a challenging landscape at times. Evolving work strategies create an exciting workplace that pave the way towards future success.
Okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Not too bad but not great. Good benefits, decent pay for the work. Very busy call center. Management out of touch. Hours not flexible, hard to get time off. Mind numbing work. Hard to advance.
Productive and Friendly place to work
Administrator/Investigator Assistant (Current Employee), North York, ONOctober 26, 2015
Pros: Benefits and vacation
Cons: lots of lay off's
It was nice coming into a very positive and friendly place to work, with a team environment. Was able to learn so many aspect of claims and fraud prevention.
Great place for young staff starting out
Bilingual Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Repetitive tasks
I worked for TD for 6 months. The training was very comprehensive. It wasn't however the right place for me as I didn't want to be stuck on the phone all day. Also the culture there is to play weird games and have competitions between teams. I felt that at times with all my experience that I was undervalued.
The benefits are amazing though and this is the reason many people stay.
open door and open arms
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 23, 2015
Pros: office loction
Cons: lack of overtime hours provided
Accommodating and positive atmosphere. peers and management are available if assistance is needed. great location for work/life balance.

best part was being able to give back to the community through volunteer efforts like planting trees, and raising money for charity.
On the job suport
Team Leader, administrative services (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 25, 2015
Pros: health benefits, excellent flexibility to allow for work life balance
Cons: high stress work, dept.'s do not work well together to meet common goals
TD provides excellent training and on the job support. They encourage sharing of ideas and management has an open door policy for the staff for questions or idea sharing. Furthering education is encouraged to always keep improving or working toward designations.
Job security not present
Accident Benefits Analyst (Former Employee), north york, ONJune 22, 2015
Great employee culture and benefits, however don't take their word about investing in their employees for the long run.
Good Place
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2016
It was a very enjoyable work environment where everyone was friendly and helpful.
There were chances of advancement if in the right department.
Good corporate culture
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee), Halifax NSOctober 15, 2015
Pros: Good corporate culture
Cons: Not much opportunity for advancement
TD does many things extremely well. They place a very high emphasis on training and support for their employees. Generally, speaking, the corporate culture is positive and forward thinking, and people do enjoy working there.
Terrible place to work
coach-the -coach (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 3, 2016
not a healthy environment, management are under qualified and do not support teams. Business processes are not executed appropriately.
Gratifying place to work
Ont. - Team Leader, Claims Services (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2016
Working at TD was gratifying as it was a constant learning experience as well as being able to share and help others. They strive on a open door concept in which it makes a comfortable environment. Having Employee experience was essential as it is the key to customer experience
Decent pay, good advancement opportunities
Request Analyst (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 28, 2016
Pros: Pension
Cons: Corporate work environment
They work you to the bone and don't pay all that well. Benefits are less than to be desired with the exception of the pension. Work environment is corporate at its worst.
Na
Support Service Associate Level 2 (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 11, 2016
there was not much opportunity for growth and movement .They were more favourable of hiring external candidates rather than promoting from within.
Busy and productive work environment.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 1, 2015
Pros: People/employees and excellent work life balance
Cons: Long commute to work each day from my home
I'm proud to say I worked for TD for 11+ years. Amazing company with great values. They created a very professional and relaxing work environment. A typical day at work was spent on managing the VP's calendar, printing all documents prior to each meeting and making travel arrangements for the VP and other staff members.
I love dealing with insurance
Insurance Analyst (Current Employee), Saint John, NBApril 12, 2016
I am looking for a company that I am able to grow within. I have to say i love the concept of dealing with people and making suggestions to help manage the insurance needs
Enjoyed my time there
Registered Insurance Broker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2015
Strong leadership team.Your given great direction and options to help you progress in your career. Great company to work for.
Overall great place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee), Saint John, NBOctober 23, 2015
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: lots of contract work
Very friendly environment to work, on hand help, lots of room for advancement. They have excellent training staff. Very fast paced environment.
Workplace
APD Adjuster, total loss & negotiation specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaOctober 13, 2015
New to the insurance industry, learned alot of thing's and met many different people.
Developed relationships with outside vendors
I found our direct management was not supportive
Our day-to-day workload was un manageable
People Organization and fosters personal development.
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 2, 2014
TD fosters people development and team environment. Management encourages transparency and the will to win.
Offer work life balance and solid benefits program.
TD is fair, equitable and has amazing diversity programs in place.
They encourage personal development and genuinely care about their employees.
Great expereience
Insurance Adviser (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 10, 2015
enjoyed the heck out of being there, but never fully got the training needed to overcome my mistakes. I'd just love the opportunity to return and pass RIBO testing.