TD Insurance Employee Reviews

Fun work with different people
Administrator – Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJanuary 8, 2014
A Typical day at work:
Just before my shift began, I checked incoming e-mails to be aware of any changes in exiting company policies, procedures as well as of any updates and events. As a first point of contact, it was very important to be ready to take the first call, be enthusiastic and prepared to help customers with their needs. Everyday I had to deal with different client situations that allowed me to use my expertise and professionalism in order to provide a positive solution to their problems.

What I learned:
I learned to always remain calm, professional and be able to diffuse any client's difficult situations.

Management:
My management was always encouraging my self-motivation and goal orientation.My supervisor treated me with respect and was very knowledgeable and willing to help.

My co-workers:
I always had fun at work no matter what. As a part of a team I always encouraged my co-workers to be part of different charitable initiatives (i.e. JDRF Ride for a Cure, support of United Way, Food Bank Programs, Toy Drive).

The hardest part of the job:
I always embraced challenges and enjoy trying new things. My job at the times was too repetitive and in order to gain new skills I usually volunteered to be a part of different projects.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
I really liked having a structure to my day. I new exactly what was expected of me, so I could shoot for a day goal and hit it.
Pros
i liked respect, integrity and enjoyable environment
Cons
sometimes lack of communication between management and employees
Great training in the class room but falls short on the floor
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 19, 2015
working in a call centre can be hard when you don't know all that is going on. I am finding that because it is an Insurance company there are a lot of rules and red tape that has to be followed. This can be frustrating for the workers because the rules can and do change from week to week.

The staff is wonderful and helpful but there are times when the management does not explain things fully because they expect you to know the company and culture and don't really think about the fact that the first two months are spent in a calls room to study basic information to write the licensing exam.

There is also a feeling of team against team and no one does the same thing as anyone else. There was issues with some Team Leads give full time hours to temp employees and other Team Leads not allowing permanent employees to get more hours. This is frustrating for everyone. Schedules change daily for that day due to meetings and such. I had one day with 5 meetings and 1 hour scheduled for customer interaction. As the time for each meeting approached it would get canceled from my schedule. There have also been meetings that newer employees were scheduled for and when they show up they are told they are not allowed to take part.

Some times it feels like the company is not organized and other times it is the greatest place to work. Not the best job I have ever had but also not the worst.
Good workplace, little advancement opportunity
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 30, 2013
A typical day consistent of answering calls of potential clients and creating profiles for them. Calls could reach up to 100 calls per day. Responsibilities also included verifying client information, documenting changes made to client profiles, thorough security checks, developing rapport with the client and determining group rate eligibility.

I learned to be quick and efficient at managing client calls and expectations as well as answering questions.

My people manager was great, but the upper level management decided the role I was redundant. I feel they should be more proactive in retaining valuable team members than letting them go.

Co-workers are mostly helpful and supportive

Hardest part of the job is handling the sheer volume of client requests

Most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers as well as the pot lucks we organized
Pros
pot luck, good co-workers, good people manager
Cons
high call volume
Encourages professional development
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 18, 2013
I have learnt that being a leader is just an understatement. As a leader you become your employees confidante, someone they can relate to well developing them for career progression. Once the trust has been developed there is nothing your team will not do for you.

As you are building your relationship with your direct reports, you are also doing the same with management. The doors are always open for guidance in numerous areas if needed.

The hardest part of being a leader is dealing with behaviour issues, however this is also the most rewarding. When someone can turn everything around and exceeds expectations it's a wonderful feeling.

The daily work load is very unpredictable. On the spot planning is needed and at times changing the original plan as it no longer works is required.
diverse work place
Insurance analyst (Current Employee) –  etobicoke, ontarioJuly 6, 2013
My daily work routine involves serving and assisting customers with their insurance needs for both home and auto. I enjoy sharing experiences with clients whether its for a purchase of a new car/home. I greatly enjoy working with my team during contests and also meeting personal targets. I have a great relationship with my manager and regularly discuss my progress and am always seeking room for improvement. I enjoy my job due to knowing the aspects and procedures of the role and being able to place everything in perspective , which is mainly due to organization. The most enjoyable part of my job is the job satisfaction at the end of each day knowing I have assisted customers and met business needs and carried out my role effectively.
Stress free work envionment
Insurance Analyst -Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONOctober 15, 2013
A typical day at work would be a continuous routine with surprises. It is a call centre environment so the daily routine and expectations is the same but every call is different with a different request and concern.

I have learned to deal with all types of people and how to handle different request and concerns. I have also learned how to handle customer conflicts and resolutions.

My co-workers were always helpful and always positive.

The hardest part of the job was the late night flex shifts.

The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to clients and setting up policies.
Pros
excellent perks and benifits
Cons
flex shifts
TD Insurance
Entry Level Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 12, 2013
The typical day would consist of me working the mailroom sorting mail, and getting it onto the floor and sending the mailbags out at the end of the day. I learned how the mail is done when it comes to working in an office environment such as that. Management was very pleasant and helpful when needed it. My co-workers where very friendly and also very helpful and hard workers. The hardest part of the job was when mail bags would come in late which caused us to be behind schedule. The most enjoyable part was just enjoying the whole job and being able to balance both work and family equally.
Pros
nice coworkers, good manager, great hours, learned a lot.
Overall great place to work.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONSeptember 13, 2013
Overall Td Insurance was a really great place to work. My co-worker was very friendly to me a few of us are still friends. A typical day at work is very easy going, and straight forward. I learned how to be a better underwriter, also a better team player. The hardest part of the job was that the insurance guidelines changes a lot. So you constantly have to adjust yourself quickly to the new you guideline. The most enjoying part of the job is the fulfillment you get when you help the clients on a daily basic by going the extra mile to satisfied their needs.
Pros
well known brand
Cons
not always reconized for the good work done.
I have enjoyed working with my current company and have met alot of nice people who have become good friends..my job has become redundant
Administration (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 27, 2013
A typical day at work is setting my priorities for the day.
I have learned to be efficient, team player, multi-tasker, positive attitude.
management has open door policy
my co-workers are supportive and helpful
hardest part of day would be volume control and each day brings new challenges.
enjoy working with people, very social, client connecting internally and externally.
Pros
little perks now and again
Cons
no cons at this time
Great place for young staff starting out
Bilingual Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJuly 10, 2015
I worked for TD for 6 months. The training was very comprehensive. It wasn't however the right place for me as I didn't want to be stuck on the phone all day. Also the culture there is to play weird games and have competitions between teams. I felt that at times with all my experience that I was undervalued.
The benefits are amazing though and this is the reason many people stay.
Benefits
Cons
Repetitive tasks
Busy and productive work environment.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 1, 2015
I'm proud to say I worked for TD for 11+ years. Amazing company with great values. They created a very professional and relaxing work environment. A typical day at work was spent on managing the VP's calendar, printing all documents prior to each meeting and making travel arrangements for the VP and other staff members.
Pros
People/employees and excellent work life balance
Cons
Long commute to work each day from my home
On the job suport
Team Leader, administrative services (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 25, 2015
TD provides excellent training and on the job support. They encourage sharing of ideas and management has an open door policy for the staff for questions or idea sharing. Furthering education is encouraged to always keep improving or working toward designations.
Pros
health benefits, excellent flexibility to allow for work life balance
Cons
high stress work, dept.'s do not work well together to meet common goals
Productive and friendly place with work life balance, flex hrs
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2014
I supported the CSC team. I completed all admin duties including delivering letters to analysts, sending documents for imaging, and send cash and cheque payments to the bank.
we had team meetings, and one on one sessions, which really helped improve our jobs on daily basis. The most enjoyable part was my connection with different departments and external clients.
Pros
flex hours
Fun Environment with a lot of change
Underwriting Administrator Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 10, 2013
Overall, Td Insurance was a great company. I have been with TD overall for over four years.I learned a lot about financial transations, and alot of detail that was behind the scenes. Everyday was a new learning day for me. My days were very proactive on creating new business and clients for the company.
Pros
change, great hours, new situations everyday, great team
Cons
salary, vacation, bonus
Wonderful people to work with and flex days
Accident Benefits Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2013
The best part is that there is no typical day. Every day you get to work with the analysts and they always have different requests each day so you are not bored. I love the fact that we have flex days. You just make sure that you work your full week hours and then you get a day off every other week. The best part of the job is the people I work with.
Pros
flex days
Cons
silly contests
Enjoyed the Insurance Industry
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJuly 14, 2015
The company and position was great but the hours did not work with my families life. The shift work is great for single people and people without small children

Position entailed inbound callcentre taking calls from current clientele and new customers looking for quotes and to obtain insurance for home and auto. You have to be detailed and informed of the companys policies and procedures.
Fast paced mondays
Property Damage Analyst, Auto Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  North York, ONMarch 11, 2014
A typical Monday, after being of for the weekend requires strong focus, creative thinking, and effective time management. What you quickly learn working here is all the tools needed to do your job extremely well are right in front of you. If not sure on how to implement said tools, just ask, regardless if they are a supervisor or another adjuster, anyone will be glad to help.
Really good team building activities
Administrative Assistant, Client Accounts (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJune 18, 2013
First would be Good Morning smile from Management. You can learn as many things about the job that you want to learn .Co-workers are the best everyone is there to help in anyway possible .I really didn't want to leave but reorganization of the company left me with no choice.Everyone got along
Pros
free casual days and snack days
Cons
not enought work to go around
TD is a huge organization with so many opportunities
Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  North York, OntarioMarch 26, 2015
If you are willing to work long and hard, you can get to wherever it is you want to be in the organization. The dowside (as with any organization) is that you may very often find yourself doing overtime you are not compensated for in the process.

Some may find that the corporate environment is quite demanding - but there comes with it certain rewards as well.
Strong family feel between co-workers/management
Level 2 Analyst (Former Employee) –  CalgaryAugust 22, 2013
It was a pleasure working with TD Insurance for the past 5 years. I meet some wonderful people who are now apart of my family. I had loads of opportunity and personal growth throughout the years. My manager team was amazing and always gave me the support when I wanted to challenge myself.
Pros
flextime, recognition programs, great management team