TD Insurance

TD Insurance Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyed the Insurance Industry
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Saint John, NBJuly 14, 2015
The company and position was great but the hours did not work with my families life. The shift work is great for single people and people without small children

Position entailed inbound callcentre taking calls from current clientele and new customers looking for quotes and to obtain insurance for home and auto. You have to be detailed and informed of the companys policies and procedures.
Great place for young staff starting out
Bilingual Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Repetitive tasks
I worked for TD for 6 months. The training was very comprehensive. It wasn't however the right place for me as I didn't want to be stuck on the phone all day. Also the culture there is to play weird games and have competitions between teams. I felt that at times with all my experience that I was undervalued.
The benefits are amazing though and this is the reason many people stay.
Job security not present
Accident Benefits Analyst (Former Employee), north york, ONJune 22, 2015
Great employee culture and benefits, however don't take their word about investing in their employees for the long run.
Professional place to work
Insurance agent (Former Employee), saint john, nbJune 15, 2015
Td insurance was a wonderful company to work for. They created a very professional and relaxing work environment. A typical day at work was spent on the phones taking calls.
Summary
General Insurance Advisor (Current Employee), Halifax, NSApril 8, 2015
Dealing with customers on the front line allow you to gain skill which can be taken with you to other jobs. In this position I was able to do this, unfortunately it was not in the same place but it was a better move or myself. the hardest part of the job was that it was impossible to please the management.
TD is a huge organization with so many opportunities
Claims Analyst (Current Employee), North York, OntarioMarch 26, 2015
If you are willing to work long and hard, you can get to wherever it is you want to be in the organization. The dowside (as with any organization) is that you may very often find yourself doing overtime you are not compensated for in the process.

Some may find that the corporate environment is quite demanding - but there comes with it certain rewards as well.
On the job suport
Team Leader, administrative services (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 25, 2015
Pros: health benefits, excellent flexibility to allow for work life balance
Cons: high stress work, dept.'s do not work well together to meet common goals
TD provides excellent training and on the job support. They encourage sharing of ideas and management has an open door policy for the staff for questions or idea sharing. Furthering education is encouraged to always keep improving or working toward designations.
Great work life balance with great co workers.
Call Center Insurance Advisor (Current Employee), TORONTOMarch 8, 2015
Awesome place to work especially when trying to balance family and work. Great co-workers who are always friendly and ready to help.
Great training in the class room but falls short on the floor
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 19, 2015
working in a call centre can be hard when you don't know all that is going on. I am finding that because it is an Insurance company there are a lot of rules and red tape that has to be followed. This can be frustrating for the workers because the rules can and do change from week to week.

The staff is wonderful and helpful but there are times when the management does not explain things fully because they expect you to know the company and culture and don't really think about the fact that the first two months are spent in a calls room to study basic information to write the licensing exam.

There – more... is also a feeling of team against team and no one does the same thing as anyone else. There was issues with some Team Leads give full time hours to temp employees and other Team Leads not allowing permanent employees to get more hours. This is frustrating for everyone. Schedules change daily for that day due to meetings and such. I had one day with 5 meetings and 1 hour scheduled for customer interaction. As the time for each meeting approached it would get canceled from my schedule. There have also been meetings that newer employees were scheduled for and when they show up they are told they are not allowed to take part.

Some times it feels like the company is not organized and other times it is the greatest place to work. Not the best job I have ever had but also not the worst. – less
I was there for a short term contract
Senior Project Manager (contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ontarioJanuary 9, 2015
Implemented the Balance protection insurance project and Canadian anti spam projects
Productive and friendly place with work life balance, flex hrs
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2014
Pros: flex hours
I supported the CSC team. I completed all admin duties including delivering letters to analysts, sending documents for imaging, and send cash and cheque payments to the bank.
we had team meetings, and one on one sessions, which really helped improve our jobs on daily basis. The most enjoyable part was my connection with different departments and external clients.
amazing place to work
Insurance Analyst (Former Employee), saint john nbNovember 3, 2014
couldn't take the phone monotony.....I excel with face to face
People Organization and fosters personal development.
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 2, 2014
TD fosters people development and team environment. Management encourages transparency and the will to win.
Offer work life balance and solid benefits program.
TD is fair, equitable and has amazing diversity programs in place.
They encourage personal development and genuinely care about their employees.
Bad management
Analyst- Level 1 (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 13, 2014
office environment and benefits are great but mid level management is horrible. Team managers are biased and misuses their power.
Excellent to work for TD
Auto Claims Analyst (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 1, 2014
Mondays are usually busy.
- Team leaders always help you.
overall great to work for Td insurance.
Sales & Customer Service
Sales/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), TorontoJuly 7, 2014
-sales and customer service experience
-met and interacted with a lot of customers
Instructor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 1, 2014
Great place to work. Company paid for all my courses. Great people to work with.
Great Company Great Expectaions
Retention Specialist (Current Employee), torontoJune 19, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: low wage
TD insurance has a high turn over rate and for all its expectations of excellence it doesn't pay excellent nor does it promote its best employees.
Fast paced mondays
Property Damage Analyst, Auto Claims Specialist (Current Employee), North York, ONMarch 11, 2014
A typical Monday, after being of for the weekend requires strong focus, creative thinking, and effective time management. What you quickly learn working here is all the tools needed to do your job extremely well are right in front of you. If not sure on how to implement said tools, just ask, regardless if they are a supervisor or another adjuster, anyone will be glad to help.
Fun work with different people
Administrator – Customer Service (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: i liked respect, integrity and enjoyable environment
Cons: sometimes lack of communication between management and employees
A Typical day at work:
Just before my shift began, I checked incoming e-mails to be aware of any changes in exiting company policies, procedures as well as of any updates and events. As a first point of contact, it was very important to be ready to take the first call, be enthusiastic and prepared to help customers with their needs. Everyday I had to deal with different client situations that allowed me to use my expertise and professionalism in order to provide a positive solution to their problems.

What I learned:
I learned to always remain calm, professional and be able to diffuse any client's – more... difficult situations.

Management:
My management was always encouraging my self-motivation and goal orientation.My supervisor treated me with respect and was very knowledgeable and willing to help.

My co-workers:
I always had fun at work no matter what. As a part of a team I always encouraged my co-workers to be part of different charitable initiatives (i.e. JDRF Ride for a Cure, support of United Way, Food Bank Programs, Toy Drive).

The hardest part of the job:
I always embraced challenges and enjoy trying new things. My job at the times was too repetitive and in order to gain new skills I usually volunteered to be a part of different projects.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
I really liked having a structure to my day. I new exactly what was expected of me, so I could shoot for a day goal and hit it. – less

1 2 3