TD Insurance Employee Reviews

Great and fun place to work with.
Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
Very well balanced work environment. Employee welfare is important for TD as much as client satisfaction. Very supportive of employee career development.
Fun place to work
Insurance Agent / Advisor (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB2 October 2017
Fun place to work but expect too much for what they pay. As well as too much favoritism so unable to move ahead unless know the right people. Stayed for the time due to the amazing coworkers I had.
Pros
employee week
Cons
favortism
Great place, but ...
Courtier en assurance - Particuliers (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 September 2017
Great place. Gym, lunch room.
Brokers have little schedule flexibility.
Not enough staff for incoming work load.
Big company, seniority first, and newcomers get tge short end of stick.

Possibilities for advancement after 3 years.
Pros
Great benefit
Cons
Unflexible schedules
Room for advancement, competitive salary.
Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 September 2017
I was employed with TD for 16 years, the company has great benefits and is a great company to work for giving the employees the opportunity for advancement as well as to take part in special projects, they have a great training program as well as ongoing education in the Insurance Industry.
Work life balance and job choices
Risk & Regulatory Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronro18 September 2017
Overall TD is an excellent place to work and grow! Management is very supportive and there are many programs that ensure employee experience is first and foremost!
great culture
Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 September 2017
I have been working at TD for several years and the business is always changing, which is great because our clients needs and wants are always changing. This keeps us on our toes and its good to have the support of the team and managers when working through these things with us.
Poor Hours, Great Pay
Insurance Advisor, Western Market (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB28 August 2017
-Micromanaged
-Room for advancement with experience
-Poor hours
-Difficult to get time off
-Very competitive
-Can be very stressful

Overall enjoyable place to work if you enjoy call center type environment
bad managment - poor technologies
Integration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 August 2017
TD, is an unstable company that gather many cultures. where you can find a Reckless management of a bank. I don't recommend this place for any of you.
Micromanagement
Insurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2017
Work environment getting worst by the day. Micromanagement at its peak! All about numbers, sucking up, position and power.
Employees are treated as robots.
Great Atmosphere
Insurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS3 August 2017
Great entry level job to start your career path if youre not sure what you want to do. TD has many opportunities other than insurance as well so there is lots of space for your skills

Want to know more about TD Insurance?

Ask a question
compensation package
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2017
Benefits of working for TD; salary, pension, RRSP, paid vacation and personal days, year end bonus.
Difficult to meet sales targets set by management.
Nice place to work
Risk Event Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB23 June 2017
I worked as a contractor on a term so I did not have benefits, sick days or vacation days. It is a good atmosphere and they do treat you well, even if you are a contractor.

A typical day included corrections on accounts (mainly data entry). I learned about many aspects of car insurance. The company is very diverse and there are many different groups and clubs to be associated with.

The hardest part of my job would be the hours. I had a 3pm-11pm shift which meant I was away from my family more than I liked, especially because my son has Asbergers.

My favorite part of my job would be my team. My team manager was an incredible person and my co-workers were all friendly and helpful.
The best employer of all time
New Business Sales Analyst, (Level 2) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada20 June 2017
I would take a position with TD Insurance again here in US. I started my insurance career with TD and have never regretted it. The best employer of all time. Staffs are well paid. Balanced work and family life.
Poor Management
Client Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2017
Revolving door of managers and employees, made for a very toxic work environment. Very little room for advancement despite your qualifications, unless you are friends with the boss .
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
High turnover
good benifits and competetive compensation
Insurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markhamville, NB7 June 2017
Good and fun place to work, growth opportunities, one of the best employer in Canada. Highly professional and helpful management always ready to help .
Low pay and confused management
Software QA (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 May 2017
Almost all the software team are consultants. Management runs the software group like it's a banking operation with focus on important issues like getting your time sheet in on time and checking your hours (Link is used to track time away from your desk).
Overall not a very challenging place to work and little room for advancement or influencing culture change. Not a long term gig (but most working there know it)
Pros
Workload is light
Cons
Management is there to protect themselves, not their employees.
Job summary
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB15 May 2017
TD Insurance is a great company to work for.
They have competitive Salary and have room for advancement. The sales goals they apply are achievable. The management team is very cohesive.
Pros
salary
Cons
late shifts
Great Team/Poor Advancement
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON12 May 2017
TD is a great company to work for. They do a lot for the employees to make the work day more enjoyable. My team especially is amazing to be a part of. My only critiques is that at times they can over manage their employees and not give us enough authority and also it can be very difficult to advance in the company. You have to be under the right management to get advanced. Certain managers help you advance quicker and other managers make you go through many obstacles before they will recommend advancement.
Pros
Supportive Team Environment
Cons
Poor Advancement Timelines
Not Good
Insurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2017
Bad environment with untrained unprofessional managers. Lot's of gossip and a overall negative place to work. Managers play faves and do not treat everyone equally.
Pros
Cons
high stress, low pay, bad managers
Residential Claims adjuster (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 May 2017
Great place to work,flexible work and life balance.Great benefits and very good people culture. Busy work day but fun environment, great team work with peers.
Pros
Free gym membership