TD Canada Trust Employee Reviews in Canada

Not a great place to start your career
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 30, 2016
Development of advisors client base is not a concern.. unfortunately they only care about sales..
Most enjoyable part is really helping a client with there finances
the hardest part of the job is dealing with management that has very little or no management experience...
Pros
Good base salary
Cons
Excellent employer with lots of community involvement
Financial Services Rep (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 29, 2016
TD was one of the best places I have ever had the joy of working for. The training is extremely thorough and informative. I have never seen such a complete training program.

The representatives are confident in their ability to do their assigned jobs because the training gives them all the tools they need.

The metrics are high but easily attainable if representatives use the techniques taught to them by the management staff.
Pros
Thorough training program with added personal life applications
Cons
Late shifts for new staff
Customer service is a major focus
Customer Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONAugust 25, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers. Management plays a significant role in the work/life balance and the results of the branch.

The co-workers are helpful and friendly, the team that I have the pleasure of working with are a fun bunch who have the best interest of the customers at heart.
Terrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 23, 2016
Its been terrible 13 years of my life working for TD Canada Trust, pressure of sales sales and sales. My recommendations to anyone who wants to work with TD Bank work for a maximum of one year learn as much as you can and move on, otherwise they will use you and completely drain you. I look back 13 years of my contributions what a waste of my time.
Perfect way to learn how to multi task and to learn how to manage
Senior Resource Officer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 16, 2016
Click to edit position description- Provide support and guidance on financial policies and procedures to various departments (Resolution, Credit Loyalty & Advice, Customer Service, and Retail branches).

- Prepare and deliver effective individual coaching.

- Manage and resolve my 1st level escalation calls.

- Responsible for enhancing and communicating changes to our procedures, and banking tools.

- Motivate and encourage fellow coworkers with reminders and day to day tips on the various ongoing campaigns.

- Meet monthly quotas pertaining to efficiency, advice, and call quality.
Comfortable place to work with a great support system to help you grow within the company.
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABAugust 15, 2016
Wonderful team. They really do deliver on the "comfort" promise both for customers and staff. Lots of opportunity to develop and move up within the company for a driven, motivated employee.
Pros
great benefits, pension and employee stock purchase options
Cons
Compensation could be better and work life balance is a struggle
A great company to work for
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONAugust 12, 2016
A typical day for myself is meeting with clients for a variety of different products offered by my company. Calling clients to book future appointments, following up on Credit Applications, and investments when they come due. Working with personal and small business clients. I have learned a lot about different ways of banking, ways to use credit, and also a lot about investing, and different forms on investments. Management is very supportive of helping staff pursue their goals and with career advancement. Co-workers are always ready to help, if there is something we need assistance with. Hardest part of my job is having to contact a client and give them difficult news an application has been declined when they really need it. Most enjoyable part of the job is when I have helped clients achieve their goals
Pros
Helping with personal banking
Cons
long commute
Productive and Fun workplace with Lunch and Learn Team Building Activities to get to interect and know your coworkers on a whole new different level
Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  95 WellingtonAugust 11, 2016
A typical day at work walking in to the office and having many project meetings to attend for the day. Interacting with stakeholders, Project Managers and IT to ensure all deadlines are met and if there are any show stoppers.

The hardest part of the job is having everyone agreeing on time lines.

Amazing department and coworkers to work for; it makes the workplace and projects so much more exciting to be in such a well organized department and live up to the standards of the deliverables.
Very stress full company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  North York, ONAugust 11, 2016
TD makes you work long hours with out pay, management only focus on sales,salary is very underpaid. And TD never appreciates the staff.
Cons
Low Salary, Long hours, Extremely uneducated management team, with high demands.
Productive, Fun and professional environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BCAugust 11, 2016
As Customer Service Officer at TD Canada Trust I used to perform financial transactions for customers efficiently and create a positive customer experience. Maintained excellent customer relations by answering inquiries and providing information on TD bank Financial Group products, policies, and services.Responsible for opening and closing the branch and managing the secure desk.Helped and assisted my team members with their queries and questions, and coached/trained the new employees. Participated in the branch sales campaigns and consistently exceeded referral quotas set by the department.
Pros
Appreciation and awarded for good work at the end of every month.
Cons
Standing for longer hours
Good place to work overall
Senior Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 10, 2016
Overall good company, lots of changes recently in the upper management have affected day to day operations. There is room for advancement internally, but unfortunately a lot of jobs are being eliminated resulting in fewer positions.
td review
Recruitment Partner (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 10, 2016
Good people, long hours, poor salary. Was very nickel and dime when it came to its employees. Prefers to have a large workforce with unskilled people vs a smaller group with more expertise.
Associate at TD Bank
Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 9, 2016
-Provide Financial Advice
-Manage Client Profile
-Train and Mentor new Employees
-Provide leadership and advice to new and prospective clients
-coworkers are instrumental in the success of the branch and overall TD Corporate Culuture
Great to learn and grow your skills, but Retail is a grind
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 2, 2016
TD is a great place to learn and develop but there is a lot of internal pressure to fill job positions rather than work towards the position of your choice.

TD is putting so much pressure on its staff that there is often a rotating staff resembling that of a carousel.
Pros
Benifits, Flexibility, Social position
Cons
Overworked, low pay
Highly competitive corporation with excellent benefits
Manager of Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 29, 2016
TD is a great place to work for especially if you have a knack for sales and are motivated to move up the corporate ladder. My job, as a Manager of Customer Service was balanced between compliance, sales and advice and specifically providing a legendary customer experience to our clients. My goal was to strengthen the brand through coaching the team to give solutions to clients that they hadn't thought of all while creating a positive and welcome home away from home. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the connections I made with our clients and the relationships I built with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was being able to train the staff to recognize red flags and trust their gut feelings when it came to fraudsters. I learned that it takes a village to make the whole team successful and to look for any opportunity to create individual accountability and promote those who work hard.
Pros
7.5 hour work day as full time
Cons
Open on Sundays
great work environment with great benefits
td canada trust (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 28, 2016
On a typical day I would handle anywhere from 70-100 calls, possible more depending on call volume. I have learned a lot about myself and about the workplace itself from working for TD. Of course when you handle that many calls not every customer will be a happy one. I feel a big part of a customer service base job is being able to adapt and handle each situation as it comes. I excel in handling different calls and I am able to de escalate a caller who may have had a bad experience or who might be frustrated.
Management was great, they were always there for me when I needed something. I would have to say the same for co workers, if I was ever in a situation where I didn't know what I was doing, they would be there to lend a helping hand.
The hardest part about the job would be to remember to take a break in between calls, stand up stretch or have a glass of water. On super busy days I always wanted to handle as many calls as possible and hit all of my sales target goals.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be building rapport with each customer or finding out new and exciting things from just being able to have a conversation with the customer. I thrive on that atmosphere, being able to make somebody's day puts a smile on my face.
benefits
great place
Operations Servicing Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 27, 2016
I have been with TD for over ten years and looking to further expand my career utilizing the skills and experience I have gained.
i am grateful for the ongoing support i have received from my peers and management.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate / Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 27, 2016
Excel my leadership and organizational skills by managing front line staffs. Consistent training is provided by manager. Immersed in the investment world and get to know different financial product to help in personal growth as well
Very nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 23, 2016
Its my honour to work with td. I loved it

Very nice place to work. I learn lot of thing there.
Management is awesome and they help you when needed.
good benefits
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 19, 2016
management and co-workers are great at my branch.
focusing more customer service
benefits are good
as a teller,you stand all day
Pros
good benefits
Cons
customer service reps get part time work only