TD Canada Trust Employee Reviews

Bank focused on customer service and end-to-end customer journey
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
TD is a large bank with a core focus on providing legendary customer experience. Overall, bank is well organized and the departments are well designed (BU's are well aligned). With the challenging financial market, the focus has been on cost control and building efficiency. Additionally, with increased competition from new entrants, TD is investing significant amount of money on consolidating its archaic and abundant technologies (multiple workflow applications). Senior Leadership team is focused and in general has a very human touch. With recent realignment of departments, many teams have changed in structure and that has resulted in some short-term pain.

Overall, TD has a very green footprint and participates in many environmental and community initiatives, such as shore cleanup and United Way campaigns.
Pros
Banking Benefits, Corporate Culture, Work-Life Balance, General Flexibility
Cons
Compensation is not competitive, Archaic technology
Overall atmoshphere
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Markham,ontMarch 2, 2016
You are the first line of defense for customers dealing with fraudulent transactions on both a credit and debt card. Call center is 24/7 environment. This position was only suppose to be a entry level, well 3 years later Im still there.

Big misconception of this company. Extremely bias as to whom moves onto different departments, also different sets of rules for Managers versus support staff.When you do something wrong they won't pull you off the phones to talk about it. They talk down to you constantly and treat you like your worthless.
Pros
TD has a culture that embraces diversity, corporate responsibility and inclusiveness
Cons
Some roles in operations require long hours, weekend work and overtime. For people with families, this might not be a good fit.
Fast pace, sales oriented and customer focused workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Queen and Parliament and Bathurst and WillsonFebruary 18, 2016
A typical work day is performing opening duties, checking email and voicemail every mornings. During the day serving customers, handling cash, paying bills, providing banking advice on TD products and services.

I have learned how to utilize the the banking computer software; AS400.

Working environment at TD is fun. Management is very encouraging and supportive in helping you not only meet but exceed your goals.

The most enjoyable part of he job is customer interactions and customer feedback. This provides me the chance to give professional and realistic advice that helps the client meet their financial goals.
Pros
work environment and career advancement opportunities
Cons
4hr shifts
Overall, supportive management and good benefit
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 9, 2016
Working as a part time Customer Service Representative, I learned a lot how to have positive interactions with customers. We help daily banking transactions for customers but sometime we spend time to report fraud investigations when there are no customers in the front line. I personally learned so much from this company how to deal with difficult customers, as TD is big on customer service. I really like my management team as they are always willing to accommodate my schedule and other job. They are very supportive.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
working hours - TD has long business hours
TD may be taking on too much too fast.
Project Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 9, 2016
May be losing talent in the process. When a bank is not able to deliver on their profit promise, jobs get cut. Unfortunately, TD is unable to make much decisions on their own - or know the skills that reside within - the result is hiring third party help to feed the decisions to upper management. At the end of it, no money is saved, and resources work under threat.
Not a good place to work, which is unfortunate because it's really not that hard to keep employees happy.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
poor senior management
TD Banking Services
Manager of Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2016
Breadth of experience to be accumulated in various cross-functional departments, however one must avoid the pitfalls of complacency.
Pros
Work environment and amenities, breadth of experience, committees
Cons
Opportunities for advancement, training, employee development, compensation
Fast past multi tasking environment
customer care specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Inbound and outbound calls, maintenance of customer concerns and minimizing loss to the bank by making arrangements to bring accounts up to date while maintaining a professional calm attitude that promotes a GREAT customer service experience.

I have learned to be empathetic and understanding to allow the customer to express their wants and to treat each call differently.

Call center area/ rotates teams members for different exposure to team managers allowing the opportunity to learn different techniques and grow under different styles of management.

Co-workers are what make the job fun. We allow our selves to lean on one another and to learn off one another.

Most enjoyable part of the job is that I have satisfaction that I am a key player forming the opinion of TD Canada Trust with the customer being the first point of contact in a very stressful time for the customer.
Pros
benefits and employee savings plan options
Cons
stats driven / not enough hours for full time hours
Great, down to earth people to work with...
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 31, 2016
Help customers with day to day banking transactions

Balance cash

Open and Close procedures

Great people to work with

Room for advancement, management supports if you would like to get your mutual funds license.
Cons
Pay could be better
Great place to work for with great benefits plus Job Work /Life Balance
Employee Banking Specialist, Employee Banking (Former Employee) –  66 Wellington st W TorontoSeptember 28, 2015
Typical day was fast and very busy multiple task, phone calls, emails,investigation, rush calls but excellent environment, great co-workers with good communication with each other and discussion about procedures, process, and implementation. Learned on regular bases because the calls we received from staff (clients) were very different each time so we required a lot of investigation. The hardest part of the job was customer complaint, but working as a team came up with good resolution. The most enjoyable of the job was implementing employee benefits on financial products, giving clients legendary customer services and receiving act of impact awards (being recognized by management)
Pros
Friday meeting with great breakfast
Cons
Friendly team and fun place to be
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONApril 2, 2016
A typical day at TD would be checking your emails and dash boards when you begin your day for any known issues, you need to be prepared for. Log onto group chats for any trends that just set in and did not make it to email and dashboards.

Take customer calls, answer technical emails, work on aged tickets, handle pending escalations and incidents and assist team with any other form of work required.

TD is very focused in meeting employee needs in terms of IT. The issues are clearly classified and prioritized. The management is very friendly and an open door policy. Your inputs are valued and appreciated.
Dynamic management team
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 17, 2016
I love my management team and my co-workers. I have learned a lot about finances and money management. The hardest part of the job is when I dont reach my targets for the week but that is only because I am competitive and want to be great at what I do. The most enjoyable part of the job is reaching my goals and getting the recognition for it.
Amazing place to work
WORKFORCE MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 3, 2016
Awesome leaders, great place to work and lovely management. Great division of TD and lovely work life balance programs
Productive, Fun and professional environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BCAugust 11, 2016
As Customer Service Officer at TD Canada Trust I used to perform financial transactions for customers efficiently and create a positive customer experience. Maintained excellent customer relations by answering inquiries and providing information on TD bank Financial Group products, policies, and services.Responsible for opening and closing the branch and managing the secure desk.Helped and assisted my team members with their queries and questions, and coached/trained the new employees. Participated in the branch sales campaigns and consistently exceeded referral quotas set by the department.
Pros
Appreciation and awarded for good work at the end of every month.
Cons
Standing for longer hours
A great company to work for
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONAugust 12, 2016
A typical day for myself is meeting with clients for a variety of different products offered by my company. Calling clients to book future appointments, following up on Credit Applications, and investments when they come due. Working with personal and small business clients. I have learned a lot about different ways of banking, ways to use credit, and also a lot about investing, and different forms on investments. Management is very supportive of helping staff pursue their goals and with career advancement. Co-workers are always ready to help, if there is something we need assistance with. Hardest part of my job is having to contact a client and give them difficult news an application has been declined when they really need it. Most enjoyable part of the job is when I have helped clients achieve their goals
Pros
Helping with personal banking
Cons
long commute
Productive and a Great Company to work for
QA (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Work life balance and great people to work with
Positive environment
Excellent support from Senior Management
Good salary benefits
Perfect way to learn how to multi task and to learn how to manage
Senior Resource Officer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 16, 2016
Click to edit position description- Provide support and guidance on financial policies and procedures to various departments (Resolution, Credit Loyalty & Advice, Customer Service, and Retail branches).

- Prepare and deliver effective individual coaching.

- Manage and resolve my 1st level escalation calls.

- Responsible for enhancing and communicating changes to our procedures, and banking tools.

- Motivate and encourage fellow coworkers with reminders and day to day tips on the various ongoing campaigns.

- Meet monthly quotas pertaining to efficiency, advice, and call quality.
Productive and fun workplace with a lot of food around.
Bilingual Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONFebruary 1, 2016
- A typical day at work for me was most likely dealing with customers' banking, providing excellent service, answering enquiries and provide customers with solid and beneficial banking advice.
- Working at TD helped me having a better understanding about how customer service really looks like. In fact my experience at this company has made me become a legendary agent in serving people.
- Management was absolutely great and courteous.
- My co-workers were excellent, fun and very friendly.
- The hardest part I could describe for this job was the overnight schedule. But I ended up getting use to it throughout the year.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is when my customers say a "Thank you with a big smile on their face". That makes me feel legendary and happy at the end. Also, the food that my managers usually serve at night to keep us awake. That also was awesome.
Productive and Fun workplace with Lunch and Learn Team Building Activities to get to interect and know your coworkers on a whole new different level
Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  95 WellingtonAugust 11, 2016
A typical day at work walking in to the office and having many project meetings to attend for the day. Interacting with stakeholders, Project Managers and IT to ensure all deadlines are met and if there are any show stoppers.

The hardest part of the job is having everyone agreeing on time lines.

Amazing department and coworkers to work for; it makes the workplace and projects so much more exciting to be in such a well organized department and live up to the standards of the deliverables.
Highly competitive corporation with excellent benefits
Manager of Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 29, 2016
TD is a great place to work for especially if you have a knack for sales and are motivated to move up the corporate ladder. My job, as a Manager of Customer Service was balanced between compliance, sales and advice and specifically providing a legendary customer experience to our clients. My goal was to strengthen the brand through coaching the team to give solutions to clients that they hadn't thought of all while creating a positive and welcome home away from home. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the connections I made with our clients and the relationships I built with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was being able to train the staff to recognize red flags and trust their gut feelings when it came to fraudsters. I learned that it takes a village to make the whole team successful and to look for any opportunity to create individual accountability and promote those who work hard.
Pros
7.5 hour work day as full time
Cons
Open on Sundays
Company doesn't care about workers
Senior Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 28, 2016
I've worked for the company for 8 years and have always noticed a certain culture about it. They say they want employees to have work/life balance but give you a hassle about changing shifts/getting time off etc.

If you go for interviews, they won't even give you the courtesy of feedback or letting you know you didn't get the job. You'll figure it out when they don't return any calls/emails.

A typical day at work as a fraud analyst means there's lots of work and ad hoc duties to perform. Management doesn't speak to you unless it's necessary as they're too busy. They also promote animosity among employees by not actively resolving issues and letting emotions fester.

There are some positive experiences but overall, there's a cycle of management and the company not caring about its employees and their well-being. Difficult to find work/life balance as they only care about getting shifts filled and the CEO decides to lay off almost 40% of staff to give himself a huge bonus at the end of the year.