TD Canada Trust Employee Reviews in Canada

Company doesn't care about workers
Senior Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 28, 2016
I've worked for the company for 8 years and have always noticed a certain culture about it. They say they want employees to have work/life balance but give you a hassle about changing shifts/getting time off etc.

If you go for interviews, they won't even give you the courtesy of feedback or letting you know you didn't get the job. You'll figure it out when they don't return any calls/emails.

A typical day at work as a fraud analyst means there's lots of work and ad hoc duties to perform. Management doesn't speak to you unless it's necessary as they're too busy. They also promote animosity among employees by not actively resolving issues and letting emotions fester.

There are some positive experiences but overall, there's a cycle of management and the company not caring about its employees and their well-being. Difficult to find work/life balance as they only care about getting shifts filled and the CEO decides to lay off almost 40% of staff to give himself a huge bonus at the end of the year.
Great company!
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 27, 2016
Fun environment with great staff. Their training program is absolutely phenomenal. They treat their employees very well and there is opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Free lunches
shifted focus
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCJune 25, 2016
TD use to be a company that cared about it's staff and customers. But now it feels like all they care about is sales. So many compliance staff were let go, early retired or told to transition into a sales role.
Pros
good benefits
Great Culture with Diverse team
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 23, 2016
While working at TD Canada Trust, i had the opportunity to meet some exceptional people, who have mentored and challenged me to go above and beyond. The culture at TD is the best, very hard to find elsewhere with open communication with management and other co-workers. TD is very sales driven, which is great for development but opportunities to get to corporate are very rare.
Pros
Culture, Flexible hours, Benefit plans, On going training
Cons
Advancement is Slow, Sales get cannibalized by other staff
TD Commercial Banking
Associate (Current Employee) –  North York, ONJune 21, 2016
The change in management and the turnover in the branch makes it difficult to operate on a day to day basis. Overall, work environment is great.
n/a
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 21, 2016
Great place to work with, nice company, Great learning institution, love to work again with TD Canada Trust.
good company
Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 17, 2016
Good place to work, great people as well. Since it was investment accounting its always busy. Opportunity to learn and grow.
Too much emphasis on sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJune 17, 2016
Day-to-day work as a CSR is not bad at all, interacting with customers and fulfilling their basic needs can be a pleasure and the time goes quickly if there is steady business. The recent emphasis on Sales Revenue and recommending a 'product' or an 'upsale' to every customer you meet is both time-consuming and annoying to the customer. Management's constant surveillance and micro-managing only adds to the stress of meeting your daily/weekly/quarterly goals.
Lead Operations Officer – Property Tax
Lead Operations Officer - Mississauga (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 16, 2016
• Supports a team of employees and is responsible for maintaining operational effectiveness to ensure business objectives, Service Level Goals.
• Tracks and escalates operational issues to Team Manager to support performance management and process improvements
• Assigns and monitors the overall workflow ensuring all the required processing is completed
• Works closely with both internal and external partners to manage, support and provide prompt resolution on escalations as well as provide additional guidance and knowledge as needed.
• First point of escalations for employees on the team resolving processing and operational questions
• Support the ongoing improvement to the customer experience to foster customer loyalty
• Contribute to process improvements through tracking and escalating operational issues to Team Manager/Operations Manager
• Contribute to year over year expense reductions
• Identify and report risk escalations to the Team Manager
• Manages operational improvements to streamline procedures/processes, reduce waste and enhance customer service
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert reference point for processes performed by the team, escalating issues further when necessary
Was able to meet and help others in a customer service roll.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 7, 2016
This was a very fulfilling experience where I was able to assist others with there day to day banking. I met a lot of new people and working with the public in a customer service roll allowed me to interact with a variety of people from all backgrounds.
Pros
Great training and rewards.
Cons
Working weekends
Very great place to work feel liek you are part of the team
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Olds, ABJune 7, 2016
a normal day at work was always interesting but good you had the occasional difficult customer but everything turned into a learning experience, I had a really great team that I was sad to leave and the management was very good. the hardest part of the job was at time selling due to being a small town most of the customers were repeats who didn't want much. the most enjoyable part was learning and getting to know the customers
Pros
benifits, teamwork, learning
Cons
working weekends, difficult and upset customers
Commercial Document Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 3, 2016
Very good place to work. You tend to learn a lot and it helps you grow in your career. I would recommend this place, to anyone who is interested in starting their career in banking.
Productive and fun workplace
Contractor Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 2, 2016
Best bank to work
well work-life balance culture
best management practice
follows industries best practices
delivers the best solution to customers
Pros
Free bbq lunches, potlucks and annual parties
Proud TD Employee
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCMay 31, 2016
TD Canada makes you feel proud to be working there. I think every company has very similar values however I think TD values your opinion as a employee, invests in training and has the leaders for the job.
Overall Work experience
Credit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 31, 2016
It was a pleasure working with the company for the past 2 years. I was able to move from admin to the credit assistant role with the help and recognition of direct management. I am always eager to learn new concepts and databases, therefore I did was able to adjust well to the new role and take on the responsibilities that came along with it. While adhering to confidential customer records, I was able to expand my knowledge in credit and utilize my existing customer services skills while working with service partners.
Pros
flexible with my schedule while I was in school & offered full hours when I completed my studies
Cons
n/a
Overall I had a really good experience working for this company.
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMay 31, 2016
A typical day at work used to be a busy one. I learnt lots of new things and how to face new challenges. I was a part of the management team. The management team worked together to ensure that the clients needs a met and the staff is well trained and professional.
Good for starting up
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 28, 2016
lots of room for advancement
young working culture
extremely competitive - meeting sale quota
high turn over rate - people quit often
always hiring new people
short hours - dont get fulltime hours
part time basis - great for students
They're human
Small Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 26, 2016
At TD, customer service is number one. All the time. The co-workers are all also very nice and very honest. Everyone cares for one another.
Great Company
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, nsMay 25, 2016
It is a great company to work for. Good pay, work life balance and good managers.nbnmb mnbmnb mnbmnb mnbmnb nmbmnb nmbmb mnbmn mnmnb mnbnnm
I like their Benefits
Customer Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 25, 2016
Overall the job is ridiculous and your constantly watched like a child and have no freedom.
This is a waist of my time and I don't wanna fill this out. Just wanna apply for jobs.
Pros
Gift cards, flowers for birthdays and getting paid on you birthday and have that day off.
Cons
Crazy busy, work like a robot, constant bickering about sales constantly, too much drama, pay isn't enough to deal with all this madness.