TD Canada Trust Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Manager of Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON20 July 2017
I have enjoyed any minute of my work in TD for more than 10 years. Work Place was Nice.
Fantastic place to work and grow. very organized and well managed.
Pros
there are no Pros
Cons
There are no cons
Supportive and always willing to help
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 July 2017
Working at TD is great experience. The managers there are always willing to help and answer any kind of questions whether big or small. They are always supportive and when you need to take time off or need more hours, they will always take the time to make things work. The environment is very accepting and fun!
Pros
Employees are treated well
Cons
No cons
Great place
Customer Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  2561 victoria park ave19 July 2017
Great experience to learn about the financial world. Lots of avenues to explore within the company. The company themselves hire nothing but the best so it's easy to get alot with everybody.
Things move slow but steady
Technical Specialist - AIX Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 July 2017
TD has factory model where everyone does one thing. With combination of heavily process driven culture, a simple ID takes one whole month to be approved and created.

Such delay does not fit well with Agile method but at least TD will do well with the audits.
Pros
Process driven
Cons
Too slow
Enjoyed my job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC18 July 2017
Full cycle coordination of all customer transactions: first approach, needs assessment, solution creation, and follow-up. Highly developed time management and organizational skills developed
due to high demand and expectation of top quality customer service. Relationship building and client retention. Computer software and other telecommunication tools used on a daily basis. Handling of cash. Report creation. Team meeting participation.
fast paced
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC17 July 2017
lots of pressure for sales and stressful environment at times. friendly staff depending on the branch but pressure to be making sales and meeting ridiculous quotas. no one lasts long.
Great work environment
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 July 2017
Very flexible, with rotating shifts. Comfortable and welcoming environment. Get to deal with clients and have the opportunity to give financial and investment advice.
Pros
Flexible, great team management
great place
Project Manager - FATCA (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2017
great place to work at ; would go back and work again
flexible work place, great leadership team
work life balance
all the right tools are provided
Diverse and Exciting
Investment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vaughn12 July 2017
TD Canada trust is a exciting and diverse workplace. TD has taught me the basics to personal as well as commercial banking, TD has also taught me the importance of efficiency while at work.
Productive and Efficient Workplace Environment
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON12 July 2017
A typical day at work starts usually early in the morning for me around 5 AM. Working at TD has helped me gain a vast amount of knowledge about Finances as well as about myself. The training program is very effective and well put together and management is very encouraging and supportive of its employees. The culture is absolutely wonderful. There are daily competitions/events and prizes to keep the TD community growing together. The hardest part of the job is having empathy and lots and lots of patience. Sometimes we as employees get treated poorly by customers and must learn to let go of the previous call and focus on the next in order to encourage a positive mindset and atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of the job is speaking with customers about their life/their ideas and getting to know other people and their stories.

Want to know more about TD Canada Trust?

Ask a question
It was great
Financial Services Representative (FSR) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2017
My experience was great. As it built the base for customer service which is helped me to get in to my current role. I worked for almost a year and half and it was amazing
Sales
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2017
Working in the retail branch is a sales role. Lots of pressure to sell. Salary levels are fairly low. Not a lot of training which makes the job difficult.
Credit Specialist
Financial Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 July 2017
Typical day at TD Canada Trust was on the phones. (Call Center)
All credit products and needs.
Bank needs.
Branch support.

Some management Great - Bad.

Hardest part of the job was matrix.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working for TD Canada Trust.
Pros
Rewards
Cons
I can not think of one
Fun place to work
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 July 2017
- Great benefits
- Fast career advancement
- Excellent training
- On the job training
- Number of resources available for help
- Great work life balance
Strong focus on sales
Telephone Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON10 July 2017
This was a well paying position, however there is a heavy focus on sales, be prepared for this element. The management was friendly and helpful. The hours may be difficult, but they are transparent, so it is a choice you make early.
Pros
Pays well, friendly environment
Cons
productive and fun work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC10 July 2017
2 or more referrals, sales required per shift
gained great customer service experience
expert in problem solving
fun working environment
Hardest part of the job would be full filling the mandatory sales per day
most enjoyable part of the job would be working with great people and getting the chance to meet incredible customers
Pros
staff appreciation day every month
Cons
not enough hours
productive
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 July 2017
A typical day at TD is helping customers with their transactions. I reconcile cash at the end of today to make sure the branch is balanced. I learned on how to assess credit, and interest rates
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 July 2017
I've been with TD for almost two years now and I have learned more
in the past two years than with any other job.
The culture is eclectic and diverse and the management is excellent.
I went in with no banking experience and since I started I have worked as a CSR, a Financial Sales Rep and a Customer Service Manager. The promote advancement and want their employees to succeed.
Pros
amazing experience
Cons
pay isn't great
Great company to begin career with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON6 July 2017
Overall, TD was a great experience. Room to learn, grow, network. Extremely sales oriented, need to have a tough skin and desire for sales/numbers in order to succeed.
sales pressure to mislead clients
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2017
good for learning but should not spend more than 2 to 3 years in retail. management forces employees to partake in unethical and questionable practices to boost up sales numbers. if caught you can get fired but they can just get someone else