TD Canada Trust Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Highly competitive
CRC+Teller+Money Out+Credit Cards (Former Employee), London and Mississauga, ONMay 16, 2013
Pros: gain strong business skills/knowledge, can be rewarded through rewards and recognition program, lots of coaching and development, high pay, benefits
Cons: high stress, high sales requirements, time is monitored by the second "monkey on your back feeling", not always recognized, management changes, fast pace, high responsibility, highly competitive
I worked for TD for 5 years throughout and after my schooling. I gained various interchangable skills in multiple front line positions. I learned valuable business skills especially in Customer Service and Sales. I found that even in one role managers frequently changed so it was important to document your successes, as some managers will be extremely helpful whereas others you wonder if they know what they are doing. You must seek Human Resource advice and guidance but this may not always be a valuable source. Seeking a personal mentor and people to advocate on your behalf is the only way to gain advancement, even then competition is great. Rotational shifts are even for full time staff there are limited set hour positions making life balance difficult, even for senior staff. If you dont mind repetition, tend to be somewhat of an introvert and can manage the stress of consistently meeting goals and abiding by always changing guidlines then the call centre may be a good place for you. I find that a general business degree can get you anywhere you want to go as they tend to focus on internal development, I had my education in HR and that did not seem to get me into the department, lots of work needs to be done, and even after that you may not get there. There are many different roles you can take part in but be careful about contract positions and what you may be risking. I would suggest creating a clear cut plan and branding yourself as best as possible. Be open, minded, sales driven, and willing to move for opportunities. I was not able to move, not able to obtain a different – more... position, and became exhausted in the role I was in, after 5 years of putting everything into the Bank working overtime, volunteering, gaining interchangable skills and maintaining the "can do" attitude, I became highly discouraged and felt like I was no longer learning and wasting crucial time in a role that I could no longer do. In order to get into HR you must be able to go up the ladder in various supporting roles including management, which is understandable but it really retaining employees for a lifetime, with the scary possibility of it not happening. I guess it may be worth the risk, but make as many connections as you can, know your rights and resources, make sure you dont fall through the cracks. – less
Great Stepping Stone and Learning Curve...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: rewards programs, recognized achievments, monthly branch outings, amazing benefits, weekly complimentary lunches for branch
Cons: concentrated to much on sales and not a genuine care for customers needs, changed from 5 days a week open to 6 days and then 7 days open
A great enviroment for a people person, meeting and helping clients daily while preforming basic banking, wire transfers, investigations, account openings, safety security box (open and closing), credit product sales, mutual fund sales while having great conversations and building strong client relationships. Very busy daily, great to learn multi tasking and quick problem solving skills.

Daily contact with Management, Branch Managers, VP's, District VP's great in learning how to interact professionally with higher management.

Amazing teams and co-workers, like a family, everyone was extremly helpful and friendly, got along with everyone that started working at the branch. I assisted a lot in training new Customer Service Representatives with customer interaction to the banking computer systems, dealing with large amounts of cash deposites and withdrawls, audit procedures and regulations.

At times it could be extremly busy, the line was out of the doors and we would be short staffed so it could be very demanding with tight deadlines and making sure our customers were not waiting for long periods of time, so over time you learn how to deal with the pressure and effectively come together as a team with communication, learning processes so things could move along at a quicker speed, learning to trouble shoot and problem solve on your own while making decisions without management.

The most enjoyable part of working for TD was the friendships I built with customers, cooworkers, and our community learning about people and cultures and being able to go above and beyond to help people – more... not just by doing your job, but more. I built very strong bonds and friendships that will last forever, like a family and I learned a great deal of amazing things working at TD. I am thankful for my years with TD becuase it taught me so much, not just about work but about life as well. – less
High paced and fulfilling work day's.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), 45 O'Connor Street, Ottawa, ON, K1P 1A4January 19, 2013
Pros: lots of rewards and varieties. as well as great benefits and flexibility.
Cons: inconsistent hours
A typical day at work includes a consistent quality of input and due diligence at all times. With each client I'm identifying referral opportunities for the sales team. I also locate areas in which I can help someone to save money and to bank more comfortably and conveniently.
I work the business wicket quite often which entails frequent commercial deposits and cash exchanges.
My co-workers are a fantastic group of individuals, where each one brings something special and unique to the team. Management is there for us when we need initials and overrides. Most tasks require dual entry, allowing me to work side by side with management on a regular basis. management and co-workers alike share an open relationship where we can bring concerns and new ideas to the table when need be.
The hardest part of the job would be hearing sad stories from customers and losing co-workers to a high turn-over. You build relationships with people and then they move on. Saying goodbye is not always easy.
What I enjoy most would be working with such a great team and getting to meet and build relationships with new people. I enjoy the high paced aspect and the wide range of responsibilities that keep each day interesting.
This job has taught me lots on customer service and how to deal with unique situations. The job itself presents new tasks offering learning opportunities every day. I enjoy learning and will continue to grow and learn with each interaction and situation as they come.
Great culture with great support.
Financial Advisor/Customer Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 15, 2013
Pros: great working environment with great rewards recognition
My role as a Financial Advisor/Financial Service Representative was to make sure I provide my clients with the best financial solutions that are tailored to their particular needs. I have to make sure I meet my weekly goals and quarterly quotas in terms of bringing in Sales Revenue, New volume, and also the number of units I produce for the bank.

During my 5 years at TD Canada Trust, I can say that I've learned a lot about the art of providing legendary customer service, because the organization is known for their #1 customer satisfaction within the top 5 banks in Canada. I've also learned a lot about the financial products/solutions that are available for us to aid our clients when trying to fulfill their needs. This is mainly due to the great support from co-workers and the management team, and also the great support from the company spending a lot of money on tools that help us demonstrate and guide the clients to choosing the right solution.

The hardest part of the job is when you tried your best to help structure a lending deal that ended up not going through because of client's financial situation. It's really tough to let the client know that the bank is unable to help at this current time.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me is when I realized I just structured a financial plan, or helped approved a mortgage for my clients. It brings a lot of joy to me knowing that I contributed in a small part of their life where I was able to make their financial dream come true.
Great Team Environment
Manager of Customer Service (Former Employee), 61 Hanna AveJuly 14, 2015
Pros: great team, team work, great clients
Cons: working overtime on a daily basis
A day in the life would include keeping up to date with emails and ensure deadlines were met for responding and following up with internal partners and customers. Coaching team to continue their growth in their role and within the company. Ensuring all excess cash was shipped out and ordered for the week. Ensure all compliance components were completed, up to date and file accordingly. Check for changes and ensure team has the appropriate training and coaching.

Time management has become one of my strongest skills. Being able to multitask is the key to making the day run smoothly, especially because customer traffic is always unpredictable. I also learned to to be a successful coach. Listening to your employees and making sure their goals align with their contribution to the branch goals.

Being apart of the management team having an open door policy has always worked for me. I am a great communicator and easy to get along with. My team was always comfortable coming to me with work related problems and personal as well.

My coworkers weren't my coworkers, they were my family. I believe that we are all equal's regardless of your title.

The hardest part of my job was juggling what I needed to have completed for the with the unpredictable customer traffic. I found having to set deadlines for important, time pressing matters worked best but was always a challenge when wanting to support my staff.

The most enjoyable part of my job was people development.
Executive Summary
Collection & Recovery Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 22, 2014
• Over 15 years of experience in Compliance / Internal Audit / Financial Services & Banking Operation Business
• Excellent analytical / interpersonal / written and verbal communication skills with Strong leadership and Management capabilities to maximize teams’ effectiveness by monitoring their workflow and performance
• Strong computer skills with: MS Office, Database management, Internet, Emails & other AML Software’s.
• Strong knowledge of regulatory principles such as UDAAP, AML/KYC, Privacy & Testing.
• Extensive experience in Credit documents handling & documents compliance environment
• Proven relationship management & strong Customer service experience skills
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively and effectively on a geographically diverse team with strong interface with compliance teams in other LOBs
• Significant experience related to the interpretation of regulations, guidelines, policies & procedures.
• Significant knowledge with AML and BSA requirements for high risk customer types such as MSBs, FX companies, Casinos and Third Party Payment Processors.
• Expert knowledge of OFAC regulatory requirements with the ability to apply
• Contributions to the department’s quality assurance activities.
• Proven ability to multitask and exhibit attention to detail while consistently following established procedure and processing transactions.
• Experience of working with Swift, AS 400, QuickBooks, Symex, Unibank, Unitron and different software’s
professional, sales-focused work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Langley, BCFebruary 9, 2015
During my employment at TD Canada Trust, I have appreciated the dedication to creating personal and positive customer experiences. I have managed to maintain good, professional relationships with customers as they share details of their lives with me. At the same time, getting to know their financial situations, I have developed the skills to make recommendations for credit products etc that I feel would be the most beneficial to them.
My TD branch is very professional, with a handful of managers who are much older than I am. They have passed their experiences and insight down to me, which has been very helpful.
Since my position at TD is technically "casual", the limited hours have made it a little more difficult to solidify close relationships with my coworkers.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with unreasonable customers who take their anger and frustration out on me; however, years of customer service experience have helped me to have uncomfortable conversations and do well to make sure customers understand policies and procedures even if they don't agree with them.
The best part of my job is having customers open up to me and tell me about their lives. I have heard many happy stories as well as tragedies and troubles from customers. It is very humbling to have someone trust me with their emotions and life events and talk to me and at the end, tell me that I have helped them in some way.
Motivating, customer service and a lot of smiles and laughter
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), TD CANADA TRUST VANCOUVERApril 30, 2013
Pros: flexible hours for work, rewards, benefits, people were amazing
Cons: alot of the customers didn't speak english
At TD customer service is very important

A good csr is someone that is proactive in looking for ways to make a customer's account better for the individual; doing this means knowing what to look for when analyzing a customer's account and listening to what the customer needs

Co workers were always fun and made it the enjoyable to come to work

Management is very caring, motivating, and always rewarding the employees for hard work and achievement

I learned what it means to be a good manager by looking at my managers as examples. I always felt supported and safe with my managers.

A secondary language is important

The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of having customers listen to you and being happy with the products and services that I offered to them. I enjoy helping customers save money while making the most out of their money. When I am able to get a customer to realize or understand something that they didn't know before, I get a a huge sense of achievement and it makes me feel good.

The only problem with being a customer service representative in the front line is that I didn't always get a lot of time with the customer and many customers just wanted to come in and out. Many of the customers also didn't speak english so it was very difficult to help them.
A Day In The Life of My Position
Manager, Customer Relations (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 5, 2014
Pros: chartiable functions, after work connection events
Cons: too many meetings
A typical day at work is working with various partners within the Bank to resolve complex and sensitive customer concerns. These concerns are normally escalated by the Branch Managers at the retail branches, our Phone Channel Customer Care Department, the TD Ombudsman or directly from the customer via email/letter. Concerns are normally resolved by speaking with the customer, engaging with the right partners to resolve matters via email/phone, or collaborating with my colleagues who may have similar concerns and was able to resolve. The most difficult part of the job is the negotiation factor and convincing your associates to agree to the terms and conditions of a resolution. The most enjoyable part of the job is resolving the customer's concern as quickly as possible and knowing you were instrumental by maintaining the relationship. This goes a long way for the Bank and its shareholders. I learned the importance of organization, knowing your product and business, finding solutions to grow the business, email/communication etiquette and effective collaboration. In addition, I do have support from my management team as they are key to ensure we deliver results.
Great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lake Country, BCSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: great team-oriented staff
Cons: not very much room to advance in administrative/human resources roles
Customer Service Representative:
Responsible for providing outstanding customer service
Responsible for performing customer transactions and providing financial advice
Certified and trained for opening and closing procedures
Responsible for meeting quarterly sales and customer service goals
Ensuring all client transactions performed compliantly
Required to work well under stressful situations

I learned how to remain calm in stressful situations and how to diffuse potential client problems or concerns before they could turn into major issues.

The management genuinely cared about each employee and their overall wellbeing at work and in life.
I work with a staff comprised of mostly women who are very driven to succeed. It is challenging at times to balance all the different emotions involved with women but for the most part we all work well together.

The hardest part of the job would be to not take client concerns or issues with banking personally and trying not to take the stress that this job can entail home each night.

The most enjoyable part would be making a difference and exceeding expectations of clients.
Large company, room for growth, new people to meet everyday
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, OnOctober 6, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, new tasks, always sonething new to learn
Cons: No position for what I want to persue, short shifts during the week
I worked as a teller at TD for 2 years, I learned so much about the financial industry which I'm extremely grateful for. Our turnover rate was extremely high due to the fact that tellers were constantly finding positions within the company elsewhere. For me, what I want to pursue as a career, which would be a position as a receptionist, there isn't much growth for that at TD. My co-workers were great, many of them I've established genuine friendships with and plan to maintain regardless of my future career choices. After a long and hard look at myself and where I would like to be, I came to the conclusion that TD wasn't the right place for me. I made the hard decision of parting ways from a wonderful company to pursue my dream and reach my goal within a company where I have the room to learn and grow as a receptionist. My management team was amazing, they were extremely supportive of my decision and were constantly putting me in charge of many important tasks at work. I was always given the role of a team leader and they have been pushing me to make choices in life that will benefit me and my future.
General Role
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Milton, ONNovember 14, 2014
Responsibilities:
• Assisted clients with day to day banking products such as chequing, savings, US accounts and personal visas, while surpassing quarterly sales revenue goals
• In 2013, successfully reached the 2.2 million benchmark in investment volume by providing customers with investment advice for registered (RSP, RESP, TFSA) and non-registered products (GICs, bonds, mutual funds)
• Facilitated client borrowing needs by providing resolutions and recommendations to personal and home equity lines of credit, variety of loans, residential and commercial mortgages resulting in over 8.5 million in lending volume in 2013
• Effectively assisted business clients with their diverse inquiries and recommended the most suitable products to enhance client experience, while meeting merchant services and lending product targets
• Successfully coached and mentored customer service representatives to exceed their daily quotas, increase the branch’s customer experience index above target and ensure the branch is pursuing to reach champions within the COR region
• As the branch’s delegated compliance officer, reviewed and approved all mutual fund trades and new accounts while minimizing deficiencies
TD Canada Trust
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 30, 2014
We always had our smiles on when we where on stage. I always was proud to say that I worked for TD Canada Trust. The customer service is what we are known for. I know for a fact that we were the only bank that actually cared if you were charged too much in service charges. We trained all of our tellers to look at every profile of each customer to make sure they where in the correct banking plan. We also offered advise on the front line with our customers. Example, if the qualified for a credit product such as overdraft protection or a visa credit card we could give them all the proper information in regards to these products. We also could set up leads for our team mates to possibly recruit more business to the bank. Investments and mortgages.
I enjoyed working with the team I was apart of. I did most of the training with the new teller hires. I enjoyed that part of my job because I could make a difference with training of the new staff.
I also was responsible for the closing of the branch. Which includes the balancing of our cash currency and all of our bills going out of the branch on that day. It was a great experience learning how to balance these important tasks in a timely manner.
Great Place to work with Amazing Coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 4, 2013
Pros: great workplace encouraging personal growth and development.
Cons: fired me because of minor mental illness after 12 perfect years??.
Busy call centre but fun to work at because of the excellent rapport with coworkers..the great managers (I worked for 3 at once but reported to only 1). Lots of chances/opportunities for crosstraining and advancement, excellent benefits and friendly, congenial work atmosphere which contributed to our team winning a customer service award. Always felt valued as an employee. A typical day would consist of handling calls from customers, TD and correspondent banks, as well as other Canadian banks and opening pymt investigations to trace and/or amend these wire transfers.I was given extra courses in SWIFT early in the morning before work..so I was permitted AND encouraged to grow in my role and further build my expertise.I also had to do French translation for same-day payments, payment investigations and future-value payments.
I learned that I could acheive a great deal if I used good judgement and followed the rules and had the boss sign-off on payments when we had exceptions when we "broke the rules".
Operations Officer
Operations Officer, Transfer Initiations (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: great workng environment
Cons: long hours
• Possess knowledge in internal and external transfer procedures and involved in reviewing escalated transfers (both in and out) and investigate appropriately and assisting partners and PRT (Partner Response Team) officers.
• Process transfer initiations including waterhouse, mutual funds, and retail and incoming external (ATON, non-ATON, and FSRV) institutions.
• Assist in 2nd notifications depending on volumes as required.
• Prioritize and manage own workload to meet SLA requirements for service and productivity
• Maintain/expand upon existing systems knowledge in order to continuously provide exceptional client experiences.
• Run macros and reports (Manual uploads, S-Report, etc) for systems and meet tight deadlines. Also review CDS Send reports and keep contact lists updated for various lines of business (IS, IA, FB)
• Support the team by continuously developing knowledge in my own area for instance learning external transfers and mutual fund transfers and assist other team members
• Identify opportunities to improve service delivery, support process improvement initiatives
Excellent Experience
Data Entry Operator / Teller / Cash Desk Officer (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 24, 2014
I loved my time at TD Canada Trust.
I started out doing data entry. Entering all the personal cheques given to the branches manually. They were to be done in a timely manner. I went on to do some training in that position. Sometimes training 3-4 people at the same time. As this was a part time position, I had also come in to help other departments of TD to help with Data Entry needed.
As the work for this position was becoming increasingly slow, I went to work as a teller.

Working as a bank teller was delightful, with all the many clients coming in with different needs.

Upon getting bored of that position, I got experience with the business side of banking. I dealt with small and large companies, coming in to do their weekly or monthly banking. The transactions were different from the personal side. (Larger quantities, for example)

Moving on, I had experience with the cash desk. Every day was different.
I dealt with foreign exchange, coin acceptance, balancing of the books at the end of the day, as well as refilling the machines with cash needed for the next day.
High security, and trust needed for this position.

Excellent experience.
Great Learning Experience
Manager Customer Service (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONOctober 23, 2013
Pros: a great feeling of satisfaction when you help out customers with their issues.
Cons: at times we are swamped with customers with line-ups out the door and short of staff.
On a typical day, I will open up the branch at 7am with a jr. We will get the daily cash out from the vault, ship extra cash out of the branch. We will set up the branch and open doors at 8am. Customers come in immediately and we begin processing transactions, etc. for our customers. Customer Service is our main job and making sure that we conduct all business in a friendly and efficient manner. When I am able to, I will coach my staff on increasing their sales revenue and how to make our working environment a more fun/pleasurable place to be for both employees and customers. I work on training my staff on work they need to do and how to get the most out of their day to build up their units, etc. I will deal with customer issues as they come in and process what needs to get done to assist the sales side as well. If I am closing, we will close the doors at 8pm and stay to count the cash and make sure that we balance cash at the end of every night, which usually takes 45 minuts to an hour to complete.
Productive but not satisfying enough
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 7, 2015
Pros: There was no heavy duty hands-on lifting or physical work
Cons: Standing in one spot all day not being able to move
A day at TD as a teller consisted of depositing cheques and/or cash, paying bills, creating drafts or certified cheques and much more. There is a lot of pressure which I am able to cope well with. I learned A LOT about banking in general and what the best ways to manage my money would be. I also learned how to sell their products well. Management was either too care-free or far too hard. My co-workers are great; pleasant and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is making sales because most people do not go into the bank looking to purchase something, they just want to deposit money and go. It is hard to sell something to someone when they did not intentionally come to you looking for it. For example, people walk into a clothing store looking to buy clothes. People do not always walk into a bank looking to set up overdraft protection or automatic transfers... I enjoyed serving the customers. TD is HUGE on customer service and I love interacting with people on a friendly yet professional level.
Fast past multi tasking environment
customer care specialist (Current Employee), London, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: benefits and employee savings plan options
Cons: stats driven / not enough hours for full time hours
Inbound and outbound calls, maintenance of customer concerns and minimizing loss to the bank by making arrangements to bring accounts up to date while maintaining a professional calm attitude that promotes a GREAT customer service experience.

I have learned to be empathetic and understanding to allow the customer to express their wants and to treat each call differently.

Call center area/ rotates teams members for different exposure to team managers allowing the opportunity to learn different techniques and grow under different styles of management.

Co-workers are what make the job fun. We allow our selves to lean on one another and to learn off one another.

Most enjoyable part of the job is that I have satisfaction that I am a key player forming the opinion of TD Canada Trust with the customer being the first point of contact in a very stressful time for the customer.
Fun @ Work
INTEGRATION LEAD / IT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Toronto ONJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: low salary
TD is a great organization powered by great people who want to make a difference every day. Our over 85,000 employees world-wide are a big part of what makes TD stand out from any other organization. Every day, we deliver legendary customer and client experiences to our approximately 22 million customers. We're an award-winning organization that reinvests constantly to ensure future growth.

We're recognized as an extraordinary place to work that embraces diversity, where everyone is respected and valued. TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches, with many exciting and challenging career opportunities in our four key businesses: :
Canadian Personal and Commercial Banking - including TD Canada Trust and TD Insurance
Wealth Management - including TD Waterhouse and an investment in TD Ameritrade
U.S. Personal and Commercial Banking - including TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank
Wholesale Banking - including TD Securities