TD Canada Trust Employee Reviews

tres bien
Spécialiste petite entreprise (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 May 2017
beaucoup de support du management, bon salaire, bon collegues
Td
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario26 May 2017
not impressed with the work atmosphere and belittling of employees potential while at work. Training could be improved when a new employee is hired ..
I have worked for the company for 19 years and in the last year they have gone in a direct that no longer is for the customer.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC25 May 2017
I am no longer proud to say I work for a company that does not only treat their employees bad but also they on longer have their customers best interest.
not a good place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2017
The goals given to CSR are not achievable and change depending on actual hours worked versus what scheduled. Lots of pressure from management team of all levels. Not a great experience.
Fun working environment
CREDIT ASSISTANT / CREDIT ADMIN (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON23 May 2017
Great company and great atmosphere. really enjoyed my time there and loved the experiences I earn at TD.
Right now I'm looking for Night shift as I am busy during the day
Good part time position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 May 2017
This place was great if you only need part time work.
hardly ever hired full time.
a lot of ethical issues in making the front end try to achieve high sales goals.
hopefully things will change and they will continue to be a better company. They had great training programs
Great starting position
Manager of Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 May 2017
Great place to get valuable customer service skills that is transferable to all employers. The opportunity for growth is present if sales targets and an exceptional experience, that stands out from the rest, is a trait that you posses.
great stepping stone
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON21 May 2017
retail banking is not an industry to stay in long term, tellers will be replaced eventually with IT. Overall great place to work, personally feel like I can do more with my finance degree
Pros
flexiblility
competitive environment
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC18 May 2017
- long hours
- lots of admin
- cold calling
- enjoyment seeing that you make a difference for peoples day to day finance needs
- watch you clients grow
- management is great
- have to effectively manage time to make it
Manager
Manager Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2017
Found it is a terrible culture filled with bullies and nepotism.. it pushes sales and is a toxic work place that seeks to promote people that tow the company line.
TD Canada Trust
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2017
Loved working here, It gave me opportunity to advise clients on day to day banking needs. Daily tasks were to manage money and to use the computer to ensure that inputs were put into the system to record transactions. Learned how to deal with various types of clients and how to approach each one in a suitable manner.
Flexable inclusive workplace
Partner Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 May 2017
Very flexable and accommodating place to work. Inclusive with lots of room for advancement. Excellent benefits and bonuses for those willing to put in hard work.
OPERATIONS OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Montreal15 May 2017
Great financial institution with lots of benefits. Lots of room for advancement. Great work life balance. Great for students looking to start their career.
Amazing work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North York, ON14 May 2017
Great job! Amazing co-workers, provided with training and staff is always helpful when needed assistance. Workplace culture is truely all about comfort and providing the best service to our customers and meeting their banking needs.
its a driven place which pushes its employees for future promotions
Easyline Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 May 2017
Working at TD was a great experience, it was one of the most competitive and go getting environments i ever dealt with, something that definitely prepared me for the rigours ahead of me.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Mentally stressful
Customer Service Representative/Teller (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE12 May 2017
How you do in this company is directly related to how hard you work. If you put in all you can, and seek advancement, you will advance. Some locations are definitely better than others, however the culture of TD is welcoming to diverse skills and diverse employees. I am coming into TD as a Sociology major, as opposed to a financial background, but my contributions are still seen as just as important as someone with a more economic background. The pay is good, though most people start out as tellers, and chances are high you will need to apply for and work towards a Financial Service Representative position if you want full time employment. As a part timer though, you still get benefits, bonuses and many other things that most part time work lacks.

If you're curious, apply. It really is worth the shot to see if you would enjoy it.
Pros
Paid vacation, benefits, employee bonuses, occasional free lunch, teamwork culture, diversity.
Cons
Part time to start, need to work hard to advance
fantastic employer, TD!
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 May 2017
TD is one of the best employers I ever had. It provides the best working environment and trainning sections. I have a lot of good working habit were formed in TD. I love this company.
Bad culture and management with huge pressure sell
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 May 2017
Great salary and bonuses with lots of room for advancement, because of the turnover... Management was horrible. I find everyone in the retail branches of TD is motivated to perform to get out of their current position. Leaving each position with people that have little experience from the tellers to branch managers.
Interesting Company
Customer Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2017
TD is an interesting company to work for depending on who you ask. I do find some inconsistencies in management styles and techniques, as well, I feel the brand has changed quite a bit. There is a lot of pressure to sell - at times that is the only pressure. They do have great benefits as well as employee programs.
Solid work environment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2017
TD is a good place to work. Retail banking is a secure job and the wages and benefits were far above average. This business is mostly about customer service in an area that can be quite inflammatory. People are very opinionated and passionate about their money, as they should be. The most challenging part of this job for me was the pressure to sell products (overdraft, increase credit limits, etc.). I enjoyed the people I worked with and there is a lot of upward mobility.
Pros
special interest rates, bank accounts etc.
Cons
sales pressure, angry customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TD Canada Trust. Our community is ready to answer.