TD Canada Trust

TD Canada Trust Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
n/a
Manager of Customer Service (Current Employee), SurreyMay 20, 2015
It is good company for people who want career in retail banking. The hardest part is that after a while you feel stuck in retail unit of the bank only.
Great culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Aurora, ONMay 19, 2015
The working culture in TD Canada trust is great. Managers are usually supportive. TD Canada Trust is one of the best employers in Canada, and it definitely shows.
Great career opportunities
Team Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMay 19, 2015
Pros: ability to advance and take inhouse courses
Cons: none
A typical day begins by checking emails for important announcements, finishing administrative tasks, attending conference calls, coaching employees, being present to provide assistance and respond to inquiries.
The environment is warm, friendly and fund
The most enjoyable part about the job is the people
I would not recommend TD to anyone
Financial Advisor/Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 19, 2015
Pros: Employee appreciation week and free banking
Cons: Corporate discriminates against the retail banking division, Underpaid, Job stagnancy
The Financial Service Representative/Advisor is a dead end job. If you happen to get into retail with the hope of getting into Corporate banking, DO NOT go higher than a level 6 because you would be required to make a lateral move into corporate banking.

The pay sucks, especially compared similar roles in other banks (that are not even top 4)

Management is not as available as they should be.

If you do get a contract role, make sure you ask about the full details or you would be severely swindled.

If you are a permanent staff requesting that your LMO be signed for PR purposes, forget that. It's not happening.

Besides that, there are some good perks and benefits.
All the best!
Amazing work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMay 19, 2015
I was able to grow a lot both personally and professionally for the time I was with TD CANADA TRUST. Management is extremely friendly and supportive and help you reach your goals. I built long-lasting friendships with my co-workers and loved helping my clients with their banking and interacting with the public.
Collection Agent
Collection Agent (Former Employee), Gatineau, QCMay 19, 2015
 Provide information to customers by telephone about their mortgage, their loan, line of credit and their credit card. Make commitments with them to pay their debt.
 Outbound and Inbound customer verification
 Review and analyze various sources of financial information in order to settle accounts by obtaining full payment, negotiating acceptable payment arrangements.
 Educate customers how to avoid future delinquency
 Make some search via the internet and other applications to get their updated information
 Train new agents
Amazing place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 18, 2015
Provided excellent customer service resulting in recognition of the best customer service in the district. Amazing co workers. Always learning never a dull moment.
dynamic company
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), DowntownMay 13, 2015
It is a fast pace environment with great and dedicated people.
There is room to improve in terms of project management processes.
Productive / Competitive Pay, High pay Structure
Accounts Receivable Associate (Former Employee), RIchmond Hill, OntarioMay 10, 2015
Pros: amazing environment
Cons: long hours
Amazing work environment learned so much in the position. Co workers and management team was always up beat and positive and thank to them i was able to rank myself within the management and earn a higher pay structure. Never a dull moment always busy with work to be done, enjoyed every day of the job!
Professional, charismatic, and energetic employee that will works hard for the employer.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Wasaga Beach, ONMay 7, 2015
I am proud to say that I work for TD Canada Trust. The company will support you to progress to higher levels, while also making sure you know there are always high expectations for the employee to reach their goals. I enjoy the branches that get involved in their community, and help better the surrounding areas with their involvement.
Productive but not satisfying enough
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 7, 2015
Pros: There was no heavy duty hands-on lifting or physical work
Cons: Standing in one spot all day not being able to move
A day at TD as a teller consisted of depositing cheques and/or cash, paying bills, creating drafts or certified cheques and much more. There is a lot of pressure which I am able to cope well with. I learned A LOT about banking in general and what the best ways to manage my money would be. I also learned how to sell their products well. Management was either too care-free or far too hard. My co-workers are great; pleasant and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is making sales because most people do not go into the bank looking to purchase something, they just want to deposit money and go. It is hard to sell something to someone when they did not intentionally come to you looking for it. For example, people walk into a clothing store looking to buy clothes. People do not always walk into a bank looking to set up overdraft protection or automatic transfers... I enjoyed serving the customers. TD is HUGE on customer service and I love interacting with people on a friendly yet professional level.
Daily Duties
Investment Consultant (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaMay 6, 2015
Servicing my clients with their banking needs. I learned that todays need is tomorrows lead basically meaning that clients come in thinking they need something specific, it is my job to uncover better or more oppurtunities for them to help them reach their goals. Co-workers are wonderful - very supportive and kind. Management is incredible, she is very understanding and supportive. Hardest part of the job is the administrative or clerical work, a lot of detail and a lot of rules to follow. Most enjoyable is developing relationships with everyone I meet and learning about people from all different types of backgrounds
Fun great team leaders
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), ottawaMay 6, 2015
Pros: OT was available
Cons: Far from home
I would recommend working for TD canada trust, it is a well run company with good people in the right roles.I learned how to work in an office environment, work as a team, and i became familiar with computers in a real world setting.
Great Company
Part-Time Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Kelowna BCMay 2, 2015
Great Company
great atmosphere
hard working
Good place
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee), London, ONApril 28, 2015
Good place and good people to work with. Respect and recognition is given for good work. Flexibility is there for work. Independent thinking is appreciated.
Great for entry level position
Manager of Customer Service (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 27, 2015
Cons: long hours
A great company for entry level position for those who are students or part-time. They give flexible hours as TD is open 7 days a week. The hardest part of the job is the constant challenging of standing and helping clients but only to get confrontations from clients who need access to cash right away.
Credit Assistant, Personal Credit Markham (Current Employee), Markham, ONApril 27, 2015
This was my first job in Canada and learnt and adapted the culture here. Got to learn about mortgages, Credit assistant.
Review
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), London OntarioApril 27, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: No set Schedual
I think that TD Canada Trust is a great place to work, and build your career, in the financial industry. TD offers many diffrent paths you can take, if you are interested in the financial industry.
Productive and fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Stratford ONApril 23, 2015
Pros: supportive staff and management
Cons: long hours and weekends
TD has provided me with challenges and the ability to progress in my career.

TD encourages employees to meet goals and advance.

They provide support and reward for a job well done.

I learned how to work in a very fast paced environment. I developed organizational and time management skills.

The hardest part of my job is the long hours.
Not just a bank but family
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSApril 21, 2015
TD Dartmouth Crossing Branch was not just a bank but a family. Great team environment with positive and passionate management.

1 2 3 4 5