TD Bank

TD Bank Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Would not recommend working for TD bank.
Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 21, 2013
The job levels are not in line with the responsibility that you have. This results is poor pay.
Fast and exciting
IT Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2013
Pros: exposure to new technology
Cons: not enough time to learn even more
Fast and exciting place to work, Working with venders as well as other Internal Lines of Business to satisfy Banks' requirement.
Great team work with my team mates,

Complete personal and professional satisfaction, when critical projects were completed on time and budget
Productive and fun work place
QA Project Manager/ Lead (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 9, 2013
Pros: best place to work for
Nice place to work for, friendly environment; Nice place to work for, friendly environment ;Nice place to work for, friendly environment
Summer Employment
Coop Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 8, 2013
Pros: work from home, no set hours
Cons: slow, lack of ownership, management micromanages
Overall the company is pretty slow paced and too touchy feely for me. If a process needed to be changed or created, it took them so long to implement it because they had to hold everyone's hand a reasure them that everything was going to be ok. This company was not for me strickly because I enjoy a fast paced, ownership driven company.
Always including all staff in a function monthly
Level 5 Supervisor - Office Automation Department (Former Employee), MississaugaJuly 4, 2013
Pros: accommodating in family matters
Cons: stressful
The supervisor position was very stressful and a very full day. I learnt so much with regards to people and being able to handle difficult situations fairly and tactfully. My staff were all eager and willing to perform their duties well and within the given time frames. My co-workers were friendly and helpful. I made many good friends.

At the end of – more... the day when my staff would smile and say they enjoy working with me was my reward. I knew I was doing a good job. – less
TD is a great company to work
IT Security Consultant (Contractor) (Former Employee), Mississauga ONJuly 3, 2013
I like TD as it has a good salary/bonus/benefits/lay-off-package, the corporate culture is good and people there are friendly. The job security is better than a typical IT company such as IBM. The only thing for imporovement is the work/life balance. The management is not that flexible for the employees to work from home.
You're just a number to them....Either meet the sales targets or you're gone!!!
VISA Specialist (Former Employee), London, ONJune 17, 2013
Pros: benefits, bonus', free food the odd time
Cons: high pressure sales, stress factory, high call volume
I worked for them for 2 years in the Visa Department. Benefits and Salary are great. I met sales targets regularly but then they push you for more.."do double" and so on. They literally stand over you while on calls pushing you to make a customer take something they don't need and push them further into debt. All they care about is the fees. The customer – more... is NOT number one here. The customer in DEBT is number one. Very low morale as everyone is stressed to the max. If you don't meet your sales targets you're basically harassed and made to sign a contract that you will do better or they can fire you within 30 - 45 days. You can take up to 130 calls in a typical shift and you're docked for going over call times and your calls are regularly listened to from a tape (all calls are taped). Then you are "coached" on what you did wrong. – less
I enjoyed my time with TD.
Senior Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 14, 2013
Pros: flexibible work environment;
Cons: long hours
I enjoyed my time with TD. Great colleagues. PMs are given complete autonomy within the PM mandate.
Great place to work.
CSR/Sales (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 14, 2013
• Offered marketing promotions to enhance customer relationship with the bank
• Using sales techniques and customer services skills to promote bank products to ex-ceed customer needs
• Achieved individual sale goals while contributing to team goals
Great Company to work for.
IT Specialist/ Team Lead, TD Wealth Management (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 13, 2013
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: slow career progression, bad training and development programs, outsourcing
TD is a great company to work with as it has really good employees and it feels good to be there as there are good benefits. The culture is competitive and challenging at time. I have learnt a lot at TD in these years. The cons can be health being affected due to the late nights which sometimes just don't stop and affect work family balance and with – more... it your health.

Also with all the outsourcing happening you don't know if it has enough job security. The Learning Programs have got a big cut and employees who could train in better technologies are left on their own to train them selves. – less
This was one of my favorite position as Administrative Assistant
Operations Service Officer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 22, 2013
Pros: cheerful environment
Cons: not enough time there for a full time job permanent
Staff very close, lots to do and lots of food all the time, worked for Managers and Accounting department and CRA.
Great Company, Superb Advancement
Service Desk Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 13, 2013
TD has great incentives, wonderful staff and overall a great place to work. There is many opportunities and advancement if you are seeking long-term commitments in the financial and banking field. They have many entry level jobs and with the right education, training, experiences and skills you are on a good track to moving up the ladder. Just focused – more... on high performances and professionalism and it should get you there. – less
TD can be a great company to work for, as long as you're in the right job for yourself and you work with good people...
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), OntarioApril 20, 2013
Pros: decent salary, good benefits, challenging
Cons: long hours, missed breaks, big workload, no overtime pay, poor management, unrealistic expectations, very steep learning curve, not motivating enough
I would first like to say that I never write reviews, so what I'm about to share is extremely honest and sincere.

I worked various positions within TD and, like most people, started out on the phones to move my way up. I have to say, each role possessed many challenges which made the end goal worth fulfilling. For the most part, as long as you had – more... a vision of where you wanted to be as a next step, it really didn't matter what job you had. You just had to try and keep yourself motivated, push yourself to do well, and focus on your end goal.

With that said, I would first like to comment on the call centre environment. Although most co-workers were pretty friendly, just one negative encounter was enough to make an already difficult job that much more difficult to handle. By no means was being on the phones (in an outbound environment) an easy task, nor do I recommend it for people who wouldn't be able to take being yelled/sweared at constantly for 7.5 hour shifts on a 37.5 weekly work schedule. Working in outbound at the call centre was extremely fast-paced and often very stressful. When I was there, there were a handful of people who either quit, got fired (for not reaching their goals), or took prolonged leaves of absence due to the stress of being on the phones. I happened to be one of the people who took a leave for several months. However, I was also one of the lucky ones who managed to stick it out for a year and continuously perform.

Working as a Financial Analyst was motivating at first because it was rewarding to be at a higher level and be put into a salaried position at a young age. Unfortunately, however, as I gained some experience in the role, I discovered a few things. First, you work in an extremely small environment (a team of about 4 people, with the Finance department being up to about 10 people). The Analyst role is one of those positions where you have to do things to learn on your own. I found myself always having to take pages and pages of notes to remember things because the amount of work you had to do and what you had to know was constantly changing. When things changed, you pretty much had to forget what you had learned and start from scratch again. You primarily work with one other person and if that person quits or leaves for a prolonged period of time, you are responsible for learning/completing all of their work. This can become extremely stressful, especially if your manager doesn't even know how to do the work, yet you're expected to learn it and meet the deadlines.

Another thing that I really didn't like about the Analyst role is that often times, you constantly found yourself working ridiculous hours (over 10 hours in one day, by yourself) without being compensated for it. There are plenty of times when I missed my lunch/breaks and it would go unnoticed. When you would bring it to management's attention, they would tell you that you could take the time off as lieu, which would appear to be fine. However, I used to keep track of all the overtime/extra hours and sometimes management would disagree with my recorded hours, even though what I had was 100% correctly tracked and they were never around to know when I left the building. This became extremely frustrating because I never argued with management and just accepted whatever they asked, out of respect and for the sake of maintaining a good relationship with them.

Also, on a normal day, if you started your morning at say 7am and left work at the normal 3pm time (when your manager started after you), I found that the manager would look down upon you or make you feel bad about leaving work on time when they are still there. Meanwhile, if the positions were reversed and the manager started their day before you, they felt absolutely no remorse whatsoever about leaving on time and you staying there on your own (above your normal shift hours) to do work.

Needless to say, my experiences with management have allowed me to come to the conclusion that it was extremely poor. If you ever needed help with your financial reports, it wasn't as easy as being able to go up to your manager or co-worker and asking for help. Often times you had to figure things out for yourself if you wanted to stay ahead (in terms of how you are perceived in the department). If your manager chose to show you how to do something, they would do it in a way that would try and make you feel stupid about it. And I found the environment very cut-throat. You had one or two people working around you and I found it overly competitive and not fun at all. I even had to have a private discussion with one of the co-workers because of their negative treatment towards me. It became a consistent thing so eventually I couldn't stop myself from not saying anything. Anyways, after these experiences, I never asked for help from anyone and learned to do things on my own, which sometimes resulted in unnecessary overtime.

Because of all of this, just waking up in the morning at the thought of having to come into work and being around people like this was an unbareable task. I really didn't like who I worked with and that became the core problem of why I lost motivation in the job and why work was so unenjoyable. The negative treatment towards me is what forced me to isolate and absorb myself into my own work without the need of any outside assistance.

Although I worked extremely hard to get to the point where I was, I came to the conclusion that I wasn't going to settle working in a job just for the money. If I couldn't wake up every morning and feel content (or at least neutral) about having to go into work, then I wasn't going to put myself through it anymore. To me, it just wasn't worth it.

All in all, TD (as a company) is a great place to work. I think the compensation is fair, the benefits are awesome (I especially loved their wellness account for the gym), and the opportunities are endless. However, be very careful of where you decide to work and make sure that what you are getting into is what you actually want. Do your research, shadow departments, and get to know the people you are going to be working with. If you discover that the job is something you don't like, do not settle under any circumstances. Go out there and get what you think you deserve. – less
respectable, proud job
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee), Portage la Prairie, MBApril 17, 2013
Pros: good wage and benefits
Cons: too much selling to qualify
I was very proud of this position because I was doing a service that the public needs, getting paid for it, and enjoyed it.
Friendly Environment
IT Analyst (Full-Time) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 17, 2013
Learing how much is involved in supporting over 8000 users.
Learning new technologies and proceses
Interactions
Customer Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 10, 2013
TD is a great company. It is definaltey a great stepping stone to start off your career.
Head Teller
Head Teller (Former Employee), Burlington, ONApril 7, 2013
• Exceptional written and oral communication abilities.
• Proven leadership and managerial skills.
• High standard of customer service and problem-solving skill.
• Strong negotiating and networking skills.
• Responsible, dependable and punctual, Flexible and adaptable to new situations
• Proficient with Word, WordPerfect, Excel, and PowerPoint
Not a great place to work
IT Analyst II (Former Employee), 222 Bay Street, Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2013
Pros: going home after work
Cons: everything
All is well during the honeymoon stage, but once you get your foot in the water everything changes. Working in their Desktop Support department in the heart of Toronto was quite an experience. At first it was really good, 37.5 hours per week, flexible breaks, but after settling in I found that the only way to keep up was to not take breaks at all or – more... even a lunch! People even signed in from home just to finish work. Keep in mind the holidays are slow but holidays only last so long. Co-workers were burnt out and took random days off. Some co-workers disliked one another and showed it. Everyone was super busy, some co workers were so busy they asked you to go to someone else for help. People were stressed out and you could tell judging from their attitude walking in to the office like they didn't even want to be there.

The hardest part of the job was finding out how unorganized their processes/procedures were. We would install an outdated piece of software and wouldn't have instructions on how to configure it for the user. You reach out to a group for assistance and are given the run around to go to someone else. You finally find someone who knew but has been out of that department for 5 years. Some co workers will even lead you in the wrong direction in regards to processes even if they've been there for 10 years. This shows how disorganized the bank is. The team leader would install 3rd party software for someone even if it was not allowed, then would not take ownership when problems occurred. Not to mention the manager was shady as well having many faces. Seniority is huge in banks, if you worked for 8-12 years you can be a manager even if you don't have the characteristsics of a manager. In IT you're not supposed to take work personal, you do your job then go home. At TD Bank, everyone took it personal becasue it shows on everones face when they walk into the office. I've never taken work personally until I started working at TD Bank. That tells you a lot about working for this company.

The best part of the job was going home. I have 2 other friends that worked for TD bank in different BU's and they are both glad they left TD. When leaving TD the grass is always greener on the other side. – less
excellent work environment and career growth .
IT Analyst -Service Availability Representative (Current Employee), torontoMarch 13, 2013
I have an excellent experience within TD Bank, As a part of everyday learning within last five years I have expertise in areas of Retail Banking,Investment Banking and Infrastructure technology.
TD has strong values, committed to its employees
Business Technology Risk Manager (Former Employee), Toronto ONMarch 5, 2013
Pros: some banking priviliges
Cons: competitive pay for work is not consistent.
TD treats is employees very well.
Many opportunities exist for advancement.
I have learned to communicate more effectively with senior mangement, peers, direct reports.
Became a strong motivator

About TD Bank

TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches and serves over 22 million customers in three key businesses operating – Read more