TD Bank Employee Reviews

Average
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 4, 2016
Enjoy working for TD, for the most part. Good benefits and vacation time. The pay is just ok. Not unlike most large institutions it falls prey to adjusting slowly to change or implementing technology solutions as fast as a smaller firms can and do.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad bosses
Friendly people willing help you grow.
IT Analyst (WebSphere Administrator) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 25, 2016
TD was an amazing place to work, the people there are very friendly and kind. Management is very flexible and open to talk to.
Tv in lunch room
Credit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 22, 2016
Mangers need to take more LMS courses on how to be good managers, most mangers are just people who have been there long enough.
Good
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  OntarioNovember 26, 2015
Great company to work for.

I've shown an interest towards taking on more responsibilities and they were supportive of this goal by investing in me such as education and setting time on a periodic basis for goal-setting.
Pros
Excellent brand name, professional atmosphere; Work Life Balance
Cons
Leader taking credit for underling's work but not taking responsibility for their own mistake
TD Visa Activations
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 20, 2016
Activating Visa accounts and sales of insurance. Pay was great and work was fun. I would work a 8 Hour day doing this or would take overtime if it was available.
People focused, results driven leader
Branch Manager, TD Canada Trust (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 1, 2014
A typical day revolves around constantly adding to the culture of our team- creating a workplace that is un-matched in the eyes of my customers and team members.

We coach to results daily and how that plays a part in personal development which allows our team to think beyond themselves. My team work for the team and the customer, not for themselves.

I thoroughly enjoy the challenge of helping people see the 'ideal state' and I am committed to developing and refining a vision that we all aspire too. This approach has lead exceptional results and YoY improvement. It has also lead to promotions for 14 of 20 people in the last year. My team is the largest exporter of talent in the Region ( which comprises of 400+ other branch teams).
Pros
my people and customers
Cons
lack of resources and support from management
Diversity is embraced
Small Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 31, 2016
Love that TD embrace every employee from various backgrounds.
They have great benefits and flexible hours. They focus on development and help employees achieve their goals
Good company with good benefits
Senior Project Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  TorontoJune 21, 2015
Typical day at work would usually start around 9 and end around 6-7. The company is built on good foundations and is really focused on the retail side. Management is stuck in a rock and a hard place. They need to not only produce good results but also watch the expenses. (it has come down to a double digits now) Co-workers are nice but rather slow. The hardest part of the job is to figure out the team dynamic. The day to day stuff everyone can pick up fairly quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job is that none.
Cons
Fast paced and thrives on changing environments
Manager, Delivery & Learning Solutions - L&D (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 17, 2015
TD has a strong focus on customer experience and internal partner relationship management.
Teams work responsibly and are committed to delivering results
Management is tuned to providing continuous coaching and development opportunities
I grew with the bank over the 26 years I was employed there.
Associate Manager, List Management Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJanuary 27, 2016
My previous role lasted 16 years because the department I had been a part of and watched grow over that time, had a high retention rate. This was due in part to the respect we had for each other and our harmonious leader who gave us a lot of independence but was there when escalations were needed. TD as an institution also fostered a cohesive working environment by listening to its employees and making it a great place to work .
Best place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 15, 2016
Amazing place to work great benefits
Great work life balance
tons of opportunity
Good management
diversified industry
Very Positive, and enjoyable workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioFebruary 5, 2012
From the very beginning everyone around me was eager to help me learn, I have developed very close friendships with everyone at the branch. I find myself eager and excited to go to work, the compensation is very good, the culture is very positive, and ambitious, advancement is very likely depending on your choice of career, management is very positive, and listens to the ideas of others. The scheduling is very reasonable given the limited hours.
Pros
people are great, career advancement is abundant
Cons
customers can be unreasonable at times
Good experience
Analyst, Finance Project Management Office (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Great place to work! People are friendly and management supportive. Work hours are adequate and office locations desirable.
training needs more time
Service officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 19, 2016
not satisfied how td treats their contract staff,
would not recommend this employer to anyone.
Management is unfair to time limit on training,
staff looks depressed in their positions,
underpaid for over worked.
Pros
???
Cons
unfair treatment to staff
I work hard working. I am dedicated and strong and get along with almost anyhone.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2016
I have worked for over 12 years at my current company. I am loyal, get along with almost anyone. I am loyal and dedicated. I get along famously with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is trying to help everyone out and spreading myself too thin.
Pros
Awesome worker, get along with everyone, fantastic personality
Cons
Not being able to say no - and I should push back a bit more.
IT Engineers have Flexhours and Flexplace but lack team camaraderie
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2013
In the IT Engineering groups within IT Infrastructure Services, Flex Hours and Flex Place provide employees with better work/life balance potential. However, Management's focus on LEAN methodology and management through metrics combined with downsizing and outsourcing provide significantly less job security in recent years and this has created a more stressful and less satisfying environment to work in for the staff that remain.

Although the intention is to improve efficiencies through streamlining processes while reducing staff, this has not yet been successful due to the lack of system integration combined with additional process and administration overhead and workload placed on staff so that metrics can be generated and analyzed at the expense of a lack of priority and emphasis on process and workflow automation which are critical to making the LEAN program successful.
Pros
flexhours and flexplace, competitive compensation
Cons
lack team camaraderie, lean downsizing environment without effective processes/systems to support it
Excellent place for work
Senior QA Analyst - IBM Canada (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 27, 2015
Good atmosphere and lots of new opportunities to grow career in a right way.Fun work place with supportive management.
okay job
bilingual easyline specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 18, 2016
bad management and too much power given to management. Manager does not like you it does not matter how much work you put in unfortunately you will not move up
Productive and fun place to work
Product Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 14, 2015
TD has been a great place to work, but like other companies there have been moments of stress. I have grown a lot and made a lot of friends working here. It was a great 10 years. :)
Pros
culture
Cons
recent reorganization
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 11, 2015
Enjoyed my time as a QA analyst, great people to work with and a fantastic management team.

Salary was a bit on the low side but the work environment was great and you really felt as part of the team, especially for a financial institution.
Pros
Great team members and managment
Cons
Salary