TD Bank Employee Reviews in Canada

it was great
Customer Relationship Coordinator - Maple (Former Employee) –  Maple, ONApril 26, 2016
it was a good expiriance working at TD for many years,different
location and fifferent client, good benefit and accomodating.
Fast paced and thrives on changing environments
Manager, Delivery & Learning Solutions - L&D (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 17, 2015
TD has a strong focus on customer experience and internal partner relationship management.
Teams work responsibly and are committed to delivering results
Management is tuned to providing continuous coaching and development opportunities
Fun and Friendly Environment
LEADS OPERATION OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2016
TD is a very good place to work at where there are many opportunities for all employees. Managers are great to work with and always look for the best. Great work/life flexibility.
political working environment
Senior Manager, HR Transformation Program (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 3, 2015
mixed, between good benefits and salary but very low career advancement, very relationship driven, mobility is difficult, advancement limited
Td
TD Insurance Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 4, 2016
TD is a great place to work one of the best places ive worked so far it is a very fun and accommodating environment and excellent for growth and learning
team wrok
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  north vancouverApril 7, 2016
customer service with legendry experience, team work in a healthy environment that everyone have one common goal " customer satisfaction "
Pros
full benefit
Cons
long hour open 7 days a week 8-8
Its good
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 13, 2016
Lot of work with lot of process which you need to follow. so many gates which you need to pass.Also it depends upon your manager under whom you are working on.
Pros
good medical plans
Very productive, understanding, planning and time management. A fun and friendly place to work.
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Head Office, Technology Information MississaugaAugust 15, 2013
Busy and given time to complete work load, seek help, etc.
I learned a lot as an Administrative Assistant, Financial Analysis, QA Testing, SDLC advancing to Project Coordinator, Project Management, spreadsheets, reporting, capturing minutes, etc.
Management were always helpful, understanding and complimentary.
I got along well with my co-workers and team members and we always were involved in charitable or company events.
The hardest part of the job was trying to get used to the continuous change in Management and group reporting.
I enjoyed every job to the fullest, meeting new people, helping out management, team members and co-workers whereever and/or whenever possible, and being recognized for my efforts.
Pros
benefits, recognitions, lunches, etc
Cons
n/a
Csr
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 28, 2015
Amazing place to work for and the team is just marvellous to work with. Everyday there is something new to learn which challenges me and motivates me to look forward for the next day. My managers are very helpful as well and help me with all queries. A positive attitude is required to work here and your day is full of fun.
Pros
TD perks and discounts on all their services and products
Cons
huge customer line ups during fridays
An excellent company for learning opportunities
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2015
TD Securities is a well run, fair organization. My experience with the management was rewarding. When working at TD I was challenged and rewarded to learn and given opportunities to cross train. I would recommend TD as an employer.
Good place to work with
Easyline Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2016
It was fun working with TD. Company is focused on employee development. Strict deadlines for sales and targets. Manager supports every team members. Excellent training.
Very Positive, and enjoyable workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioFebruary 5, 2012
From the very beginning everyone around me was eager to help me learn, I have developed very close friendships with everyone at the branch. I find myself eager and excited to go to work, the compensation is very good, the culture is very positive, and ambitious, advancement is very likely depending on your choice of career, management is very positive, and listens to the ideas of others. The scheduling is very reasonable given the limited hours.
Pros
people are great, career advancement is abundant
Cons
customers can be unreasonable at times
Work-Life Balance and Good Benefits
Operation and Tax Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2015
I have enjoyed working at TD Bank. I learned mutual fund industry, investment, bank reconciliation, and tax slips preparation for reporting requirements. The pressure is high during Tax and RRSP season, however working with a productive and supportive team members, helps me a lot in delivering the tasks on schedule. The management is always looking for the work life balance among the employees.
Amazing place to work
Mbna/ Cuets call centre (Current Employee) –  OttawaJanuary 29, 2015
I currently work here full time and I absolutely love it. If you have great customer service and you are sales driven then this job is for you.
The managers are great. The senior managers are great. The job is easy to learn. Training is in depth and you catch on very quick.
You feel welcomed and loved at work

Make sure if you apply, stand out from the rest! They interview many people !! Good luck!
Pros
benefits, pay, vacation, work around your busy life
Cons
not allowed to wear jeans every day haha
Not what it used to be.
CFO Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) purposes (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 14, 2015
Loyalty and longevity is rewarded with layoffs and expense management.
Company growth too quick to adapt to changing business environment.
Redtape and hierarchal structure make it inefficient to make quick decisions.
Pros
Respected company name; decent hours
Cons
Difficult to develop different skillsets outside of primary area of responsibility
Good experience
Analyst, Finance Project Management Office (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Great place to work! People are friendly and management supportive. Work hours are adequate and office locations desirable.
IT Engineers have Flexhours and Flexplace but lack team camaraderie
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2013
In the IT Engineering groups within IT Infrastructure Services, Flex Hours and Flex Place provide employees with better work/life balance potential. However, Management's focus on LEAN methodology and management through metrics combined with downsizing and outsourcing provide significantly less job security in recent years and this has created a more stressful and less satisfying environment to work in for the staff that remain.

Although the intention is to improve efficiencies through streamlining processes while reducing staff, this has not yet been successful due to the lack of system integration combined with additional process and administration overhead and workload placed on staff so that metrics can be generated and analyzed at the expense of a lack of priority and emphasis on process and workflow automation which are critical to making the LEAN program successful.
Pros
flexhours and flexplace, competitive compensation
Cons
lack team camaraderie, lean downsizing environment without effective processes/systems to support it
Stepford Wives
Business Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2014
There is a cultish mentality about the TD Bank has where they like to hatch their young in the branches and raise them in a secluded environment. Outsiders are often looked to adapt instead of bringing new ideas to the table.

Also there is a great rift in the bank between the original TD and the acquired Canada Trust and US accessions.
Pros
strong emphasis on community and diversity
Cons
cult like culture
Mcs (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 12, 2016
I have had a long and eventful career with td bank. unfortunately TD bank does not offer much advancement in the winnipeg area
Good company with good benefits
Senior Project Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  TorontoJune 21, 2015
Typical day at work would usually start around 9 and end around 6-7. The company is built on good foundations and is really focused on the retail side. Management is stuck in a rock and a hard place. They need to not only produce good results but also watch the expenses. (it has come down to a double digits now) Co-workers are nice but rather slow. The hardest part of the job is to figure out the team dynamic. The day to day stuff everyone can pick up fairly quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job is that none.