TD Bank Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent place to work
Automation Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 18, 2016
Relaxed work culture with good work life balance
Excellent team and co-workers
Good Leadership Team
Learnt better Vendor Management
Handling Global team
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Pay scale
Very Positive, and enjoyable workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioFebruary 5, 2012
From the very beginning everyone around me was eager to help me learn, I have developed very close friendships with everyone at the branch. I find myself eager and excited to go to work, the compensation is very good, the culture is very positive, and ambitious, advancement is very likely depending on your choice of career, management is very positive, and listens to the ideas of others. The scheduling is very reasonable given the limited hours.
Pros
people are great, career advancement is abundant
Cons
customers can be unreasonable at times
Fantastic Company and Team
Portfolio, Team and Project Management (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 23, 2016
TD's Service Quality department absolutely a fantastic team to lean and develop Six Sigma Skills. The leadership is dedicated and the project exposure is very relevant to the skills learned.
Pros
Flexability & Mentoring
IT Engineers have Flexhours and Flexplace but lack team camaraderie
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2013
In the IT Engineering groups within IT Infrastructure Services, Flex Hours and Flex Place provide employees with better work/life balance potential. However, Management's focus on LEAN methodology and management through metrics combined with downsizing and outsourcing provide significantly less job security in recent years and this has created a more stressful and less satisfying environment to work in for the staff that remain.

Although the intention is to improve efficiencies through streamlining processes while reducing staff, this has not yet been successful due to the lack of system integration combined with additional process and administration overhead and workload placed on staff so that metrics can be generated and analyzed at the expense of a lack of priority and emphasis on process and workflow automation which are critical to making the LEAN program successful.
Pros
flexhours and flexplace, competitive compensation
Cons
lack team camaraderie, lean downsizing environment without effective processes/systems to support it
IT Business Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 30, 2016
An excellent place to work, learning, self-development and career growth. Supportive management and fast paced and challenging work.
If you love to be a Peon who loves to gravel, then work at TD.
Manager Finance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 3, 2015
A terrible overall employer to work for, there are the most incompetent people on Bay St. working in this Bank, and persons are moved based off favourtism and cronyism as opposed to the objective merit if their effort and impact on the business.

If you love to brown nose and want to be a peon who will fall in line and salute, roll in the floor and bark like a dog just because someone tells you to then go ahead.

Definitely not the place to be if you have legitimate credentials, why would you want to work with such stupid people put in positions of power because of who they know as opposed to what they know and what they can do.

HR also lacks compelte independence of any kind in addressing employee vs. management concerns, and is partial towards management, exponentially so.
Pros
Leadership is so stupid you can pull the wool over their eyes and they won't know what hit them.
Cons
Stupidest persons in the business working in this bank, waste of your skills and career.
it was great
Customer Relationship Coordinator - Maple (Former Employee) –  Maple, ONApril 26, 2016
it was a good expiriance working at TD for many years,different
location and fifferent client, good benefit and accomodating.
Great Company Amazing Organization
Mutual Fund Representative (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONApril 4, 2016
-understanding the type of procedures can be done at phone channel
-appreciate how much customers prefer doing transactions over the phone rather than the branch
Its good
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 13, 2016
Lot of work with lot of process which you need to follow. so many gates which you need to pass.Also it depends upon your manager under whom you are working on.
Pros
good medical plans
Great Place to Work
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 9, 2015
No doubt TD is a great place to learn and grow. Peers are very helpful and supportive. Management kept on shifting probably because Personal Lending Department was comparatively new. All in all, good place to learn.
Pros
Lots of OTs
Cons
Job security
team wrok
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  north vancouverApril 7, 2016
customer service with legendry experience, team work in a healthy environment that everyone have one common goal " customer satisfaction "
Pros
full benefit
Cons
long hour open 7 days a week 8-8
Td
TD Insurance Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 4, 2016
TD is a great place to work one of the best places ive worked so far it is a very fun and accommodating environment and excellent for growth and learning
political working environment
Senior Manager, HR Transformation Program (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 3, 2015
mixed, between good benefits and salary but very low career advancement, very relationship driven, mobility is difficult, advancement limited
Amazing place to work
Mbna/ Cuets call centre (Current Employee) –  OttawaJanuary 29, 2015
I currently work here full time and I absolutely love it. If you have great customer service and you are sales driven then this job is for you.
The managers are great. The senior managers are great. The job is easy to learn. Training is in depth and you catch on very quick.
You feel welcomed and loved at work

Make sure if you apply, stand out from the rest! They interview many people !! Good luck!
Pros
benefits, pay, vacation, work around your busy life
Cons
not allowed to wear jeans every day haha
Good working environment, nice people.
IT Solutions Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2015
The downtown TD location is convenient. Work-life balance is properly maintained. Supportive management and good team members.
Fun and Friendly Environment
LEADS OPERATION OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2016
TD is a very good place to work at where there are many opportunities for all employees. Managers are great to work with and always look for the best. Great work/life flexibility.
Stepford Wives
Business Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2014
There is a cultish mentality about the TD Bank has where they like to hatch their young in the branches and raise them in a secluded environment. Outsiders are often looked to adapt instead of bringing new ideas to the table.

Also there is a great rift in the bank between the original TD and the acquired Canada Trust and US accessions.
Pros
strong emphasis on community and diversity
Cons
cult like culture
Wonderful culture and people
Technology Delivery Manager/Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 5, 2015
I manage a great team of Business Analysts who have very different backgrounds, education and skill levels. I take pride in the culture we have created in our team that also follows the overall culture at TD: respectuful, helpful, professional and understanding.

I also enjoy what I do which is delivery of technology concept estimates for business requirements I receive from various business partners.

I can't say I have a typical day at work; however, I am usually running from meeting to meeting and trying to get things done in between.

I have been very lucky to have had very good people and projects managers in my life and I strive to be that good manager to the team I lead.

I also take pride in the estimates I create and always ensure they are as accurate as they can be with all the known requirements.

Hardest part of my job right now is the review process that we're trying to define and it's been causing some delay in delivery of our estimates, but I know it's temporary as we're working through the kinks at the moment and have a solution in mind.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
No opportunity to advance in the team as people stick around for a long timeeam
Friendly people willing help you grow.
IT Analyst (WebSphere Administrator) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 25, 2016
TD was an amazing place to work, the people there are very friendly and kind. Management is very flexible and open to talk to.
Good place to work with
Easyline Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2016
It was fun working with TD. Company is focused on employee development. Strict deadlines for sales and targets. Manager supports every team members. Excellent training.