TD Bank Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2015
One of the best healthy working environments that I have ever seen where both employees and employer do care about each others
Reviw of TD Bank
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  TorontoNovember 27, 2015
I worked as Application Support at TD Bank and I loved the job and it was a contract assignment. The company is great and lot to learn and have excitement and grow every day. One of my best companies I worked for.
Pros
Learn everyday
Cons
Some time job needs to work more than 12 hours for one shift which is kinda long for one shift
Good
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  OntarioNovember 26, 2015
Great company to work for.

I've shown an interest towards taking on more responsibilities and they were supportive of this goal by investing in me such as education and setting time on a periodic basis for goal-setting.
Pros
Excellent brand name, professional atmosphere; Work Life Balance
Cons
Leader taking credit for underling's work but not taking responsibility for their own mistake
An excellent company for learning opportunities
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2015
TD Securities is a well run, fair organization. My experience with the management was rewarding. When working at TD I was challenged and rewarded to learn and given opportunities to cross train. I would recommend TD as an employer.
Not a good environment
Credit Analyst Consumer Corporate Segment (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2015
Secretive culture, management kept employees in the dark, employees were only advice contracts were not being extended 2 weeks before contrarctss ended, felt more like a highschool as management would take attende of employees every morning and if you were late by a minute or 2 they would write you up but if you left 10 or 15 minutes latter that was okay and not recognized, worst work experience ever
Best employer
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 20, 2015
I have been able to transition from hands-on software development into business/system analysis and project management, with the support of my supervisors and I have learned a lot while practicing project management in a big organization , with guidance from more experienced project/program managers.
Pros
Flexible environment, supporting career growth
Cons
overtime
Great place to work, work life balance is great
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 18, 2015
TD Bank prides itself as a competitor in the financial industry. With its presence in the US as well, TD has had a competitive edge especially in the Credit Card business with its recent acquisition of MBNA's portfolio as well as Aeroplan (CIBC).
Culture events
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 17, 2015
It is a diversify work force. A good working and learning environment. Co-workers are helpful and friendly. You have the opportunity to constantly upgrade yourself. Workers are rewarded for hard work.
Fun workplace environment, with many learning opportunities
IT Report Analysis (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 16, 2015
The TD Bank workplace is an inclusive environment that allows individuals many opportunities to take on new responsibility and take on projects to improve and develop their skill sets.
Productive and fun place to work
Product Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 14, 2015
TD has been a great place to work, but like other companies there have been moments of stress. I have grown a lot and made a lot of friends working here. It was a great 10 years. :)
Pros
culture
Cons
recent reorganization
Not what it used to be.
CFO Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) purposes (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 14, 2015
Loyalty and longevity is rewarded with layoffs and expense management.
Company growth too quick to adapt to changing business environment.
Redtape and hierarchal structure make it inefficient to make quick decisions.
Pros
Respected company name; decent hours
Cons
Difficult to develop different skillsets outside of primary area of responsibility
Amazing work place
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 13, 2015
Amazing place to work great benefits
Great work life balance
tons of opportunity
Good management
diversified industry
Pros
Amazing work balance
Cons
SR driven department
Good work environment
Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2015
TD has very good culture and environment. Manage give lots of support and space for employee to learn. TD has good benefit.
Nice place to work
Sr. Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2015
Depends on the team and manager you work for. It could be good or bad. Overall nice company to work for. Lot of cross functional groups to be exposed to and learn new almost everyday.
Great Place
National Consultant, Claims (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 9, 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed working with Toronto Dominion Bank, Insurance sector where I was able to acquire many skillsets and learn many facets of the organization.
Great Place to Work
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 9, 2015
No doubt TD is a great place to learn and grow. Peers are very helpful and supportive. Management kept on shifting probably because Personal Lending Department was comparatively new. All in all, good place to learn.
Pros
Lots of OTs
Cons
Job security
Productive and professional environment
Auditor (contract) (Former Employee) –  Toornto, ONNovember 3, 2015
Professional work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
Challenging work
Cons
Good working environment, nice people.
IT Solutions Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2015
The downtown TD location is convenient. Work-life balance is properly maintained. Supportive management and good team members.
Not as good as it used to be....
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 31, 2015
With the change in the CEO, the working environment and company vision has been impacted with less emphasis on the employee.
Fast paced, deadline driven environment. Always something happening. Variety of tasks.
Department Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON and Etobicoke, ONOctober 30, 2015
Every day was completely unpredictable which I enjoyed because you never knew what to expect.

I learned to multitask to the extreme and meet deadlines even though new tasks were being added to the 'pile' all the time.

Direct management was very supportive and encouraging.

Co-workers were interesting and personalities were varied but I was always made to feel as if my contribution was the equivalent of anyone in the department.

The hardest part of my job was saying good-bye to the people I had worked with over the past 12 years.

Most enjoyable part of my job was solving a problem that no one else could.
Pros
Flex schedule, management support.
Cons
Not always being able to capitalize on flex schedule.