TD Bank Employee Reviews in Canada

Insurance analyst
Insurance analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2015
I was responsible for the underwriting of personal lines insurance. Truly amazing people that work there however management is bad. There is too much pressure on sales and reading scripts. High turnover.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
High turnover, micromanagement, poor culture
Great culture, one of the best banks who focuses on employee satisfaction
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 8, 2015
Great place to work with growth opportunities
Great culture and employees are treated with respect and their opinions matter
Hard working project teams who continuously work towards delivering excellence
TD has given me opportunities to learn about Financial Services products, systems, marketing and communication strategies
Working at the bank has been really helpful.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCOctober 6, 2015
Working at the bank has changed my life, It gave confidence to talk and interact with various kind of customers with different kinds of banking situations. I like meeting new people and being a CSR that's my job. Working with my financial advisors and colleagues has helped me a lot in learning various kinds of banking products.
It has been a great experience and I am looking forward to more job experiences.
Very volatile
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 2, 2015
TD has been a very volatile organization.

Lots of internal changes and re-org / shuffling taking place across Business and Technology teams, led me to question how the organization actually functioned and won customer service awards.

The business stakeholders at TD have a good understanding of what they want to achieve.

The technology stakeholders on the other hand were very slow and against change. While this may not be an organization wide issue, the Technology teams within Canada Trust is where I experienced this quite frequently.
Good
Service Level Management Analyst (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 29, 2015
Good. It was awesome team. The team is very nice and the work delivered there is in an awesome way

The work culture also was very good
Excellent place for work
Senior QA Analyst - IBM Canada (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 27, 2015
Good atmosphere and lots of new opportunities to grow career in a right way.Fun work place with supportive management.
Great place to work that offers excellent development opporunities.
Analyst Business Lending (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 26, 2015
-Great place to work that offers excellent development opportunities.
-Fast passed environment.
-Regular meetings with group head and senior management are required.
-Education in finance is required.
-Enjoyable part is the impact you make on the lives of the customers you deal with by providing excellent solutions to maximize profit while mitigating risks.
Its okay
Analyst (Current Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 24, 2015
- Good people
- Management does not have realistic goals
- Too many processes built in place to hold back productiivty
- Supervisors don't give enough guidance
Pros
Flex work
Cons
lot of work
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  SudburySeptember 22, 2015
Very nice management, lots of opportunity to grow within TD. Learn quickly the banking and financial world and learn to deliver legendary customer service.Flexible hours for students as well as full time employees.
Positive Experience
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 18, 2015
It was an engaging place to work that provided a number of learning opportunities. Great company culture and supportive management for the most part.
Productive, fun, stressful
Trade Input Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntSeptember 16, 2015
Good working environment, Senior managers were great, everything was great except management support of technology issues and crisis situation where exceptional circumstances require Superior or Supervisor assistance or attention when it came to the actual work which would advisedly affect clients. Was a great company lot of activities. Food and gift, etc.
Pros
free lunches and snacks
Cons
needed more backup staff to staff cooperation when times of exceptional circumstance
Wonderful culture and people
Technology Delivery Manager/Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 5, 2015
I manage a great team of Business Analysts who have very different backgrounds, education and skill levels. I take pride in the culture we have created in our team that also follows the overall culture at TD: respectuful, helpful, professional and understanding.

I also enjoy what I do which is delivery of technology concept estimates for business requirements I receive from various business partners.

I can't say I have a typical day at work; however, I am usually running from meeting to meeting and trying to get things done in between.

I have been very lucky to have had very good people and projects managers in my life and I strive to be that good manager to the team I lead.

I also take pride in the estimates I create and always ensure they are as accurate as they can be with all the known requirements.

Hardest part of my job right now is the review process that we're trying to define and it's been causing some delay in delivery of our estimates, but I know it's temporary as we're working through the kinks at the moment and have a solution in mind.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
No opportunity to advance in the team as people stick around for a long timeeam
Work
Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  TorontoAugust 24, 2015
Good company to work with. Enjoyed working with the best project team. Satisfied with the work done with the current project.
Enjoyable job culture
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 19, 2015
Fun work place with very supportive colleagues. Most people are approachable for questions and help. A lot of young people working in the technology area.
Test Environment Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 13, 2015
Lots of work from home flexibility, depending on your department.
Bring your own device fully supported for work mobile devices
Strong corporate culture with employee engagement focus
Communications & Employee Engagement Officer (Current Employee) –  TorontoAugust 13, 2015
As a communications officer, every day is a new and fun experience. This role provides me with the opportunity to challenge myself by taking on new responsibilities and broadening my skill set.

I learned how to effectively develop and implement strategic plans, enhanced my project management and resource management skills, and improved my presentation, negotiation and influencing capabilities.
Pros
Management and training opportunities
Good
IT Solution Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2015
To work with TD is really good. People tend to stay long is because TD invest in Technology and People. Ample room to learn. management is good . Co-workers in my team is also good
Pros
Flex Work place
Cons
More isolated
Work-Life Balance and Good Benefits
Operation and Tax Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2015
I have enjoyed working at TD Bank. I learned mutual fund industry, investment, bank reconciliation, and tax slips preparation for reporting requirements. The pressure is high during Tax and RRSP season, however working with a productive and supportive team members, helps me a lot in delivering the tasks on schedule. The management is always looking for the work life balance among the employees.
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 11, 2015
Enjoyed my time as a QA analyst, great people to work with and a fantastic management team.

Salary was a bit on the low side but the work environment was great and you really felt as part of the team, especially for a financial institution.
Pros
Great team members and managment
Cons
Salary
Amazing place to work.
Project Manager - Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2015
Amazing place to work with highly engaged senior leadership. Work life balance where hard work is recognized and appreciated.