TD Bank Employee Reviews

Good Place to work.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2016
Excellent training. Worked in several branches with a lot of great people.

A place where you could advance at a reasonable pace.

I enjoyed working with the clients, whether it was opening a new account, making a new investment or applying for a loan or mortgage.

It was always rewarding to see a satisfied client.
Pros
Good Training and advancement.
Cons
Often had to report to too many different Head Office Managers.
Productive with air hockey and a pool table and tvs
Legal Demands Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 March 2016
Printing all reports. Puttng a freeze on the customers bank account so they could not take all their money ot of their account. Take the payment out of their account. Make up a draft for the amount that we took out of thier account.
Sending draft to the Government.
NCL as an department that worked on behalf of the government. Providing payments for Child support, Land taxes, any money that the customer owed the government.
Pros
Excelent Benefits, good pay
Cons
could be long hours when RRSP season
Fantastic Company and Team
Portfolio, Team and Project Management (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 March 2016
TD's Service Quality department absolutely a fantastic team to lean and develop Six Sigma Skills. The leadership is dedicated and the project exposure is very relevant to the skills learned.
Pros
Flexability & Mentoring
Good company - great experience
Associate Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2016
Everyone should spend time in the retail bank - it provides you with great insights and allows you to learn / reinforce / demonstrate core employment skills that you will use throughout your career. Teamwork, working with the public, decision making, work ethic, sales and developing a culture just to name a few.

Banking is changing so you must be a change leader or be very adaptable to change to succeed in a financial institution.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Work/life balance a little tilted
Good place to work with
Easyline Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2016
It was fun working with TD. Company is focused on employee development. Strict deadlines for sales and targets. Manager supports every team members. Excellent training.
Environment that encourages learning and focuses on the employees
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 March 2016
A typical day begins at 9 am and ends at 5 pm with a 1 hour lunch.
My co-workers were friendly and always willing to work together creating a great sense of team spirit. Management was always supportive and helped employees develop themselves professionally.
The most enjoyable part about the job in coming into work and seeing and working with amazing people
Pros
flex hours
Cons
nothing
good place to work
CSR (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON15 March 2016
excellent co-workers, clean environment, updates on products/services frequently, management extremely supportive.
Fantastic customers,
Pros
friendly customers
Cons
as a casual- not enough hours
Fun place to work and great team.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2016
Busy environment with a variety of duties. Fun team to work with and having team building events. Working with AV equipment setting up meetings for management meetings with clients. Team pulled together to get specific jobs completed. Co-workers always helpful.
Pros
Excellent employee outlook.
Cons
working extra time
A great place to move forward
Manager, Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2016
My experience as Manager of Customer Service for four years had me creating and presenting training material to employees of the entire branch; this position allowed me to improve my teaching, communication, interpersonal, networking, and relationship-building skills
Pros
positive moral
Cons
communication with Management
Fun place to work
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2016
Fun place and a relaxed environment that gives opportunity for growth.
Learnt credit adjudication at its best and was surrounded by excellent management team.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Late hours shift
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2016
Interaction with customers and advising suitable financial products. Busy but good working environment and atmosphere.
Became a lean mean enterprise
Sr. IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ont2 March 2016
TD was a great employer up until 2013 when they adopted a lean approach.

Many positions are now hired in the USA.

People I know still employed there are not happy.

Long work days with many layoffs.

Turn over in Sr. Managers.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long hours, many lay offs, lots of employee turn over
A nice place to work
QA Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2016
A nice place to work, well organized.
There are pluses and minuses as at any other place.
But overall, a place where I would come back to work again.
Fun and Friendly Environment
LEADS OPERATION OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2016
TD is a very good place to work at where there are many opportunities for all employees. Managers are great to work with and always look for the best. Great work/life flexibility.
micro management
Customer Service Representative London Ont (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 February 2016
worked there for 11 years was caught under bad management very micro management unable to progress - co workers were great hardest part of the job was being on the phones
I work hard working. I am dedicated and strong and get along with almost anyhone.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2016
I have worked for over 12 years at my current company. I am loyal, get along with almost anyone. I am loyal and dedicated. I get along famously with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is trying to help everyone out and spreading myself too thin.
Pros
Awesome worker, get along with everyone, fantastic personality
Cons
Not being able to say no - and I should push back a bit more.
Fun to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC6 February 2016
Good place to start your career and grab every opportunity to move up the ladder. TD has an excellent working environment.
Good Organization
Release QA Test Manager / Lead / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 February 2016
TD Bank is definitely focused on training all employees to provide the best possible exceptional (legendary) service to their customers. Personal growth and development was a primary focus for employees in order to ensure they met the banks vision as well as succession planning.
Tools and resources available to employees to assist them with their personal goals were readily available.
Personal ownership to meet and exceed goals and departmental accountabilities were a constant requirement and on-going focus to ensure overall business success. Consistent planned coaching was a necessity for personal and team growth, accountability and attainment.
Expectations were high at all times therefore focus on business/personal goals and time management to achieve them were paramount, lending to a stressful environment at times. Access to tools and resources to assist in reducing stress were readily available.
Employees consistently exceeding goals were rewarded with fun events, awards/recognition and VIP destination trips.
Productive to my career advancement
HEAD OF E2E MOBILE PAYMENTS TECHNOLOGY (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2016
Had a great VP relationship with my direct report in the US. He allowed me to grow and advance in my initial role and with much corporate visibility.
Easy and relaxed environment
Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 February 2016
TD Canada Trust is a great company with friendly management. My typical day at work starts with buzz meeting were an overview of previous days performance is discussed along with SLA to meet on the current day. The culture at TD is very relaxed you are given the freedom to allocate you own brake, but don't get fooled you are always being watch.