TD Bank

TD Bank Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
TD has strong values, committed to its employees
Business Technology Risk Manager (Former Employee), Toronto ONMarch 5, 2013
Pros: some banking priviliges
Cons: competitive pay for work is not consistent.
TD treats is employees very well.
Many opportunities exist for advancement.
I have learned to communicate more effectively with senior mangement, peers, direct reports.
Became a strong motivator
Progressive multi-national corporation with diversity at the forefront of the organization
Senior Relocation/Generalist Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits, great culture, progressive executive management team, cross functional opportunities, great place to work, work life balance
TD Bank is a great company to work for. Diversity is very much engraved in the culture. Flexibility is key and a work life balance is encouraged. Community experience is also a big aspect of the culture. Each employee is encourage to participate in at least one community volunteer activity a year.
working hours are long however if you love your job – more... its the best thing ever. The hardest part of my job (when i was with td) is managing the daily aspects of the role. Its a multi faceted role with specialized functions related to the department and other vendors as well as cross functional departments tasks. The easiest part of the role was the customer interaction especially if you love dealing with customers. Coworkers are easy to get along with and team bonding is very much encouraged. You need to be a team player and have a positive attitude at all times. Management is very supportive and have a tough job to motivate and give incentives to staff.
I have learned to be a hard worker, to respect the job and others, to strive for excellence and to make a difference in whatever you do. – less
I learned and gained experience and I got promoted to different positions.
Senior Underwriter (Former Employee), Downtown TorontoFebruary 23, 2013
The fact that I have Bachelor degree and I speaqk more than one language (Arabic, French and English) helped me to be employed and to learn and gain experience.
opportunities for employees
IT Analyst (Current Employee), Mississauga ONFebruary 9, 2013
There is always room for some sort of improvements..When some one humbly and point out some things positivly, company listen.
TD Bank provide career opportunities for employees in our functional area.
Good environment with great people.
Manager Personal Financial Services (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: too much internal politics and strutures
Good environment with great people.
Unrealistic set sales goals.
Very good overall experience
HR Project Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: location, team, domain of work, free coffee and tea
Cons: long hours
Great team, challenging project. A lot of overtime for myself as I had to learn a lot in very short time in order to be able to deliver the project. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team, the least enjoyable was that information regarding the project was hard to obtain.

A typical day started at 8:30 AM and could end at 4 PM or at 9 PM, depending – more... on the next deliverable. The team was great. – less
Productive and fun place to work at
Market Risk Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: young culture
Cons: recent cuts made teams more "lean" i.e. more work
This is a great place to start coming out of university. Newcomers are trained well and welcomed. Managers' actions are directly aligned with their scorecard which in itself is good and bad. They are generally under firm budgets and would therefore not want to incur OT costs. This causes many projects to be delayed, or analysts staying late regardless – more... of not being compensated for the extra effort.

TD overall is a great place to work at. It's a huge bank and is different across the board. – less
DVP/SVP's all full of themselves and only look for underlings that will buy into their brainwashing
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver IslandJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: had great support staff
Cons: descriminate against older employees. unrealistic goals, micro managed to a point of total flustration, brown nosing is the only way to stay and get promoted.
Use to be a great place to work until upper management replaced those who knew what they were doing with those who just knew how to kiss butt. If you don't like to be micro managed and fed a lot of retail Wal-Mart sleezy sales tactics, are older than 45, then don't apply. Yes, this company promotes diversity but not if you have worked for them for 25 – more... years and don't fit into their up and coming younger age group they will find ways to get rid of you. Many good older workers given the shaft and it is easy to do when you are in a management position. Company has gone from a good employee/employer partner to just plain greedy.Getting all it's bottome line profit from the front line staff and juniour managers. – less

Dyan – January 29, 2013

I can tell you are freshly wounded and can sympathize having gone through the same thing a couple of years ago. I was let go just short of 25 years. I got a nice package but was angry and heart broken. However, I've come to realize that it wasn't personal. Competition is the name of the game and in order for these huge companies to survive, the old ones get weeded and the new ones get groomed! Try to focus on all of your great experience and find an employer who is more appreciative.

Consuelo – April 17, 2013

SVP, and Regional Managers are degrading to managers, the rules do not apply to them, Human resources violates peoples rights by going along with upper management. I agree they discriminate against the older employee.

terrible work environment!
Sales (Former Employee), York Street London OntarioJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: a few dollars higher wage
Cons: negative work environment
Dont waste your time working here! very high stress does not compensate for the slighter higher wage (a few dollars more an hour for call centre work-London) Given unrealistic demands for making sales on calls where people are calling in to complain for higher account fees!
Super high turn over and abusive managers.

Consuelo – April 17, 2013

Middle management is degrading , Deming, unfair, they only respect the people they like. This place is full of favoritism, the work environment is hostile and discriminatory.

Solid Company, Secure
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2012
Pros: good people, overtime
Cons: entrenched management, rigid, repetitive
I complete the month end consolidation process and schedules for Goodwill and Subordinated debt. TD Bank is a large bank and the volume of work keeps the team members busy for the start of each month, quarter, and year end.
Flex time flex work..less pay
Websphere Middleware IT Specialist (Current Employee), mississaugaDecember 19, 2012
TD is good place to work if you need a lot of flex time. IT work is very intensive and prone for too much overtime while not getting compensated for the extra work efforts
N/A
IT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 7, 2012
Bilingual IT tech who dealt with branches and technicians. the position was outsourced to IBM which is why I left.
I was not treated well and did not experience an inclusive work environment
Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 27, 2012
I found TD to be a very poor choice of employment however this might have been applicable only to the particular location where I had worked.

There was constant back-stabbing and gossip. Very unpleasant and unhealthy work environment.
Decent place to work, bad comp
Various Positions (Former Employee), TorontoNovember 27, 2012
Pay is below industry scales. Otherwise good culture and values.
Scope for Future Development
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto,ONNovember 26, 2012
A well organised company with a scope to learn new technologies.
Productive workplace
Temporary Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2012
A typical day at work included meet-and -greet a lot of people, ordering office supplies, Cleaning up boardrooms, and copy rooms.
My coworkers were helpful, and professional, it was a great work environment.
The hardest part of the job was getting used to the workload. At first it was really hard to keep up, but once I got the hang of it (about 2-3 – more... weeks) I was able to do my job faster.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with people. – less
It's a good company to work for.
Senior Network Analyst III-TD Network Management (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 16, 2012
The hard part for working in banks is too much politics
Co workers are nice
Subjective work experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), TorontoSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: in some cases job stability.
Cons: nepotism
Upper Management regular work hours good work and home balance.

Regular employees the complete opposite.

Incentives , promotions/advancement inequitable.

Diversity reflected in entry level jobs .
xyz
Project Coordinator / Asst. Project Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2012
Pros: ej[op13f93opwekop
Cons: 456
 Identifying stakeholders, Stakeholder analysis and Identifying stakeholder impact, drawing RACI chart, gathering requirements, identifying infrastructure procurement needs, preparing estimate, approval of estimate.
 Creating project plan, managing resource allocation, organizing regular project status meetings, managing resource vacation schedules, – more... identifying critical tasks thereby saving time and money for the department
 Managing procurements, identifying risks, maintaining risk log, maintaining issue log, enhancing positive risks, identifying necessary changes, getting changes approved by change management board, planning test phases, managing test plan
 Managing user migration as per migration plan drawn, creating all project documentation and project drawings, creating the lessons learnt repository as per inputs from team in lessons learnt session, handing over infrastructure and application support to respective support teams, decommissioning procedures for infrastructure and application servers
 Passed TD Certification Courses on Security Awareness, Anti-money Laundering, Consumer Protection and Privacy Laws with more than 80% score in each examination. – less
Enjoyed working there
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), TorontoSeptember 21, 2012
Other co-workers were very helpful.
Just go in and do my job to the best of my ability

About TD Bank

TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches and serves over 22 million customers in three key businesses operating – Read more