TD Bank

1.5K reviews

TD Bank Employee Reviews

Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  SudburySeptember 22, 2015
Very nice management, lots of opportunity to grow within TD. Learn quickly the banking and financial world and learn to deliver legendary customer service.Flexible hours for students as well as full time employees.
Positive Experience
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 18, 2015
It was an engaging place to work that provided a number of learning opportunities. Great company culture and supportive management for the most part.
Productive, fun, stressful
Trade Input Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntSeptember 16, 2015
Good working environment, Senior managers were great, everything was great except management support of technology issues and crisis situation where exceptional circumstances require Superior or Supervisor assistance or attention when it came to the actual work which would advisedly affect clients. Was a great company lot of activities. Food and gift, etc.
Pros
free lunches and snacks
Cons
needed more backup staff to staff cooperation when times of exceptional circumstance
Wonderful culture and people
Technology Delivery Manager/Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 5, 2015
I manage a great team of Business Analysts who have very different backgrounds, education and skill levels. I take pride in the culture we have created in our team that also follows the overall culture at TD: respectuful, helpful, professional and understanding.

I also enjoy what I do which is delivery of technology concept estimates for business requirements I receive from various business partners.

I can't say I have a typical day at work; however, I am usually running from meeting to meeting and trying to get things done in between.

I have been very lucky to have had very good people and projects managers in my life and I strive to be that good manager to the team I lead.

I also take pride in the estimates I create and always ensure they are as accurate as they can be with all the known requirements.

Hardest part of my job right now is the review process that we're trying to define and it's been causing some delay in delivery of our estimates, but I know it's temporary as we're working through the kinks at the moment and have a solution in mind.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
No opportunity to advance in the team as people stick around for a long timeeam
Work
Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  TorontoAugust 24, 2015
Good company to work with. Enjoyed working with the best project team. Satisfied with the work done with the current project.
Enjoyable job culture
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 19, 2015
Fun work place with very supportive colleagues. Most people are approachable for questions and help. A lot of young people working in the technology area.
Test Environment Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 13, 2015
Lots of work from home flexibility, depending on your department.
Bring your own device fully supported for work mobile devices
Strong corporate culture with employee engagement focus
Communications & Employee Engagement Officer (Current Employee) –  TorontoAugust 13, 2015
As a communications officer, every day is a new and fun experience. This role provides me with the opportunity to challenge myself by taking on new responsibilities and broadening my skill set.

I learned how to effectively develop and implement strategic plans, enhanced my project management and resource management skills, and improved my presentation, negotiation and influencing capabilities.
Pros
Management and training opportunities
Good
IT Solution Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2015
To work with TD is really good. People tend to stay long is because TD invest in Technology and People. Ample room to learn. management is good . Co-workers in my team is also good
Pros
Flex Work place
Cons
More isolated
Work-Life Balance and Good Benefits
Operation and Tax Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2015
I have enjoyed working at TD Bank. I learned mutual fund industry, investment, bank reconciliation, and tax slips preparation for reporting requirements. The pressure is high during Tax and RRSP season, however working with a productive and supportive team members, helps me a lot in delivering the tasks on schedule. The management is always looking for the work life balance among the employees.
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 11, 2015
Enjoyed my time as a QA analyst, great people to work with and a fantastic management team.

Salary was a bit on the low side but the work environment was great and you really felt as part of the team, especially for a financial institution.
Pros
Great team members and managment
Cons
Salary
Amazing place to work.
Project Manager - Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2015
Amazing place to work with highly engaged senior leadership. Work life balance where hard work is recognized and appreciated.
Exceptional employee culture
Credit Card Advisor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON, CanadaAugust 3, 2015
TD Canada Trust is a very well maintained work place that has developed a very strong business process to fulfill its clients' need. Beside providing legendary customer experience and offering a great product line, TD has given the equal importance and effort to the people working for it. TD offers and make sure each and every employee get the necessary tools and support to be successful at their role. Its employee culture is close to none. The entire organization works as a whole to be the better bank.
If you love to be a Peon who loves to gravel, then work at TD.
Manager Finance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 3, 2015
A terrible overall employer to work for, there are the most incompetent people on Bay St. working in this Bank, and persons are moved based off favourtism and cronyism as opposed to the objective merit if their effort and impact on the business.

If you love to brown nose and want to be a peon who will fall in line and salute, roll in the floor and bark like a dog just because someone tells you to then go ahead.

Definitely not the place to be if you have legitimate credentials, why would you want to work with such stupid people put in positions of power because of who they know as opposed to what they know and what they can do.

HR also lacks compelte independence of any kind in addressing employee vs. management concerns, and is partial towards management, exponentially so.
Pros
Leadership is so stupid you can pull the wool over their eyes and they won't know what hit them.
Cons
Stupidest persons in the business working in this bank, waste of your skills and career.
Tactical and not a strategic IT organization.
Senior IT Manager - Data Storage & Protection (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 31, 2015
The IT organization continuously operates with knee jerk reactions from the CIO's and has very little strategic planning. The leadership in the IT organization micro-manages and does not value its employees experience and tenure, they continuously look external for staff when positions come available. No internal promotional growth is encouraged.
Pros
A key player in the finaincial industry.
Cons
Poor IT leadership.
A day at work is just fun
Customer Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  ScarboroughJuly 22, 2015
TD is just full of excitement. Everyday, every minute it is something different and you learn a lot about the world when interacting with clients. They are days when clients are very upset that fees came out or payment went through before its due date but I always found a way to solve the problem and make sure everyone was happy with it as well. Co-workers are amazing; everyone says hi to everyone. Day just goes by fast.
Pros
Free Coffee or Donuts
Great Expereinced
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  DowntownJuly 21, 2015
Great place to build a career advancement, Focus on a learning environment.
Great co-workers who were always there to help me along and vice versa.
Great management and leadership
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2015
Committed to continuous learning and helping people realize their potential. Management is positive and energetic. As with any place this large, there are always some duds, but 90% of the people are great and are interested in working as a team.
Pros
Management, leadership, holidays.
Cons
There's no "off time" you're always available, evenings, weekends, all the time and it's hard to truly get away from work.
Fun, repetitive work environment
sales executive (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 20, 2015
Repetitive work structure, constant job training and team meetings to help you improve. Great staff and employees. Lot's of benefits if the employer actually gets hired.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Repetition
Great opportunity to learn about business
Commercial Account Manager, Analyst (Former Employee) –  TorontoJuly 20, 2015
Great management and support team. I was given the chance to grow the book of business and learn about new companies. Excellent for anyone interested in learning more about how firms operate.