TD Bank

TD Bank Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
IT Engineers have Flexhours and Flexplace but lack team camaraderie
IT Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2013
Pros: flexhours and flexplace, competitive compensation
Cons: lack team camaraderie, lean downsizing environment without effective processes/systems to support it
In the IT Engineering groups within IT Infrastructure Services, Flex Hours and Flex Place provide employees with better work/life balance potential. However, Management's focus on LEAN methodology and management through metrics combined with downsizing and outsourcing provide significantly less job security in recent years and this has created a more – more... stressful and less satisfying environment to work in for the staff that remain.

Although the intention is to improve efficiencies through streamlining processes while reducing staff, this has not yet been successful due to the lack of system integration combined with additional process and administration overhead and workload placed on staff so that metrics can be generated and analyzed at the expense of a lack of priority and emphasis on process and workflow automation which are critical to making the LEAN program successful. – less
Sr. Manager, Global Compliance Training (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 26, 2013
It is a pleasure to work with one of the highly recognized "Big Banks". TD has provided me with multiple opportunities for learning and advancement. They truly value a team's accomplishments and their mission is closely aligned with mine in that they give back to the community. I highly recommend TD Bank Group as a place to work.
Excellent work environment
Investment Advisor (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 21, 2013
- good place to work at
- ongoing support and training
- friendly and fun atomosphere
Best place I ever worked
Enterprise Application Packaging Engineer (Former Employee), London, OntarioAugust 21, 2013
The Management team was fantastic and my colleagues were amazing. Contract staff are treated like regular full time staff and are invited to all events.
Overall a good workplace
Project Manager / IT Manager (Former Employee), Downtown TorontoAugust 19, 2013
Pros: good environment
Cons: too many decision makers
TD is a great company to work for from the life work balance point of view, advancement opportunities are there...
Can use some senior management modifications and management methods, so many decision makers, so many changes in short period of times.
Very productive, understanding, planning and time management. A fun and friendly place to work.
Project Administrator (Former Employee), Head Office, Technology Information MississaugaAugust 15, 2013
Pros: benefits, recognitions, lunches, etc
Cons: n/a
Busy and given time to complete work load, seek help, etc.
I learned a lot as an Administrative Assistant, Financial Analysis, QA Testing, SDLC advancing to Project Coordinator, Project Management, spreadsheets, reporting, capturing minutes, etc.
Management were always helpful, understanding and complimentary.
I got along well with my co-workers and – more... team members and we always were involved in charitable or company events.
The hardest part of the job was trying to get used to the continuous change in Management and group reporting.
I enjoyed every job to the fullest, meeting new people, helping out management, team members and co-workers whereever and/or whenever possible, and being recognized for my efforts. – less
Loved working for them!!
Various (Former Employee), VariousAugust 14, 2013
Pros: advancement
Cons: changing shifts
At TD I started as a teller and ended as an investment rep. The staff were supportive and always encouraged me to move when the opportunity arose. TD fostered a great learning environment and I was sorry when they announced that the Edmonton branch was moving to Ontario.
Excellent work environment
Human Resource Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioAugust 11, 2013
I enjoyed working for the organization, I learned a lot and made many great friends.
Great place to work in
IT Analyst (Trainee) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 11, 2013
Pros: standardized work environment
Trainee, so not really given a pass at working there. But overall the management there was great and excellent culture.
Very productive and very professional
TELLER / TD EASYLINE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 9, 2013
Pros: fantastic benefits and great perks
I had a great time working with TDBFG. They have given me the tools and resources that I needed to better make my own dreams and goals at a closer range. I majored in Customer Service. I provided clients with well planned long term financial goals as well as short term. Target goals were given every quarter throughout the year which helped to maintain – more... a consistency within the company and at the same time helped management to better their staff where it was needed. – less
Ok Company to work for
Investment Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 7, 2013
It is a good retail company to work for in China. It has many stores.
Very good
Analyst and Customer Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 24, 2013
I assisted clients to complete different types of securities trading and transactions, such as stocks, options, gold and silver bullions and foreign exchange.
TdBFG is the best place to work as they provide the best work life balance
Business Resource Officer (Management Level) (Former Employee), Markham ontJuly 24, 2013
Tdbank is one of the best employers. They really have the best interest at heart for their employee. They value their employees and really invest in them
Would not recommend working for TD bank.
Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 21, 2013
The job levels are not in line with the responsibility that you have. This results is poor pay.
Fast and exciting
IT Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2013
Pros: exposure to new technology
Cons: not enough time to learn even more
Fast and exciting place to work, Working with venders as well as other Internal Lines of Business to satisfy Banks' requirement.
Great team work with my team mates,

Complete personal and professional satisfaction, when critical projects were completed on time and budget
Productive and fun work place
QA Project Manager/ Lead (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 9, 2013
Pros: best place to work for
Nice place to work for, friendly environment; Nice place to work for, friendly environment ;Nice place to work for, friendly environment
Summer Employment
Coop Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 8, 2013
Pros: work from home, no set hours
Cons: slow, lack of ownership, management micromanages
Overall the company is pretty slow paced and too touchy feely for me. If a process needed to be changed or created, it took them so long to implement it because they had to hold everyone's hand a reasure them that everything was going to be ok. This company was not for me strickly because I enjoy a fast paced, ownership driven company.
Always including all staff in a function monthly
Level 5 Supervisor - Office Automation Department (Former Employee), MississaugaJuly 4, 2013
Pros: accommodating in family matters
Cons: stressful
The supervisor position was very stressful and a very full day. I learnt so much with regards to people and being able to handle difficult situations fairly and tactfully. My staff were all eager and willing to perform their duties well and within the given time frames. My co-workers were friendly and helpful. I made many good friends.

At the end of – more... the day when my staff would smile and say they enjoy working with me was my reward. I knew I was doing a good job. – less
TD is a great company to work
IT Security Consultant (Contractor) (Former Employee), Mississauga ONJuly 3, 2013
I like TD as it has a good salary/bonus/benefits/lay-off-package, the corporate culture is good and people there are friendly. The job security is better than a typical IT company such as IBM. The only thing for imporovement is the work/life balance. The management is not that flexible for the employees to work from home.
You're just a number to them....Either meet the sales targets or you're gone!!!
VISA Specialist (Former Employee), London, ONJune 17, 2013
Pros: benefits, bonus', free food the odd time
Cons: high pressure sales, stress factory, high call volume
I worked for them for 2 years in the Visa Department. Benefits and Salary are great. I met sales targets regularly but then they push you for more.."do double" and so on. They literally stand over you while on calls pushing you to make a customer take something they don't need and push them further into debt. All they care about is the fees. The customer – more... is NOT number one here. The customer in DEBT is number one. Very low morale as everyone is stressed to the max. If you don't meet your sales targets you're basically harassed and made to sign a contract that you will do better or they can fire you within 30 - 45 days. You can take up to 130 calls in a typical shift and you're docked for going over call times and your calls are regularly listened to from a tape (all calls are taped). Then you are "coached" on what you did wrong. – less

About TD Bank

TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches and serves over 22 million customers in three key businesses operating – Read more