TD Bank Employee Reviews in Canada

Great co workers and team in a fast pace envirorment. The work is frequent with lots to learn with great management
Loss Prevention Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 11, 2016
Typical day at work is assisting customers on a frequent basis learning different processes and procedures. I work with a great Team Manager and apart of a great team as well I would have to say the most enjoyable part of the day is hearing the customer state how happy there are with there laughter and compliments.
Nice people, nice manager.
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  montreal,QCOctober 22, 2015
I learned a lot about money mangement and various product knowledge financially. The most enjoyable part is to help others when they are in need.
Good company, fun working environment.
Pros
Good benefits
micro management
Customer Service Representative London Ont (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 23, 2016
worked there for 11 years was caught under bad management very micro management unable to progress - co workers were great hardest part of the job was being on the phones
Good working environment, nice people.
IT Solutions Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2015
The downtown TD location is convenient. Work-life balance is properly maintained. Supportive management and good team members.
Insurance analyst
Insurance analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2015
I was responsible for the underwriting of personal lines insurance. Truly amazing people that work there however management is bad. There is too much pressure on sales and reading scripts. High turnover.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
High turnover, micromanagement, poor culture
TD Bank is a successful corporation with top leading technology and employees.
IT Analyst - Application Response Team (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Typical day consists of resolving production issues in a timely manner to mitigate impact to the clients. To investigate negative trends that could potentially lead to outages and to assist in resolving these negative anomalies and stabilize the environment. The individuals I work with work together as a team, we are all dedicated to provide the best service to our clients and each other.

The hardest part of this job is the pressure and stress when working on a production issue and having it resolved in a timely manner and the most enjoyable part of this job is my fellow co-workers and the service that is provided to our clients and knowing they are satisfied.
Pros
work and home life balance
Cons
shiftwork
Work-Life Balance and Good Benefits
Operation and Tax Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2015
I have enjoyed working at TD Bank. I learned mutual fund industry, investment, bank reconciliation, and tax slips preparation for reporting requirements. The pressure is high during Tax and RRSP season, however working with a productive and supportive team members, helps me a lot in delivering the tasks on schedule. The management is always looking for the work life balance among the employees.
An excellent company for learning opportunities
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2015
TD Securities is a well run, fair organization. My experience with the management was rewarding. When working at TD I was challenged and rewarded to learn and given opportunities to cross train. I would recommend TD as an employer.
Good
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  OntarioNovember 26, 2015
Great company to work for.

I've shown an interest towards taking on more responsibilities and they were supportive of this goal by investing in me such as education and setting time on a periodic basis for goal-setting.
Pros
Excellent brand name, professional atmosphere; Work Life Balance
Cons
Leader taking credit for underling's work but not taking responsibility for their own mistake
great working environment
IT ANALYST / SERVICE AVAILABILITY REP (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 1, 2016
The IT Department (Service desk) has a call center platform. Everyone has their own workstation and required computer equipment. Most of the days are busy ones with somewhat high call volumes. We support TD employees and vendors with IT support and password resets. Great team to work with.
Friendly people willing help you grow.
IT Analyst (WebSphere Administrator) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 25, 2016
TD was an amazing place to work, the people there are very friendly and kind. Management is very flexible and open to talk to.
no stability- hire and fire policy
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 26, 2016
work culture is good, if you watch job portal you can see lot of job adds always from TD, which says all!! Be careful if you are looking for CSR job. They need lot of CSR for summer!! just for summer!!. My advise is to work only part time till you get confirmation letter.
Pros
good team
Excellent people and culture with challenging project work
Managing Enterprise Architect (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 12, 2016
The culture at TD is excellent with a fantastic work/life balance. There are a myriad of opportunities across the different areas which can give a person all the variety and challenge they want - particularly at more junior levels.
Pros
Culture, work-life balance, challenge
Cons
Very difficult to make executive ranks
Fast paced and thrives on changing environments
Manager, Delivery & Learning Solutions - L&D (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 17, 2015
TD has a strong focus on customer experience and internal partner relationship management.
Teams work responsibly and are committed to delivering results
Management is tuned to providing continuous coaching and development opportunities
Productive and fun to work with,A good place to learn.
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 4, 2016
Its a good company to learn and be educated about bank business.Excellent company and management and employee.A lots of training and seminars and meetings.Very busy company Day and Night.
Pros
Free tickets and good benefits.
Cons
Long hours and meeting, more overtime.
Very entrepreneurial without satisfactory training
Mobile Mortgage Specialist (MMS) (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 5, 2016
Not the best for people coming from outside the banking network. The marketplace is very competitive and TD priced themselves out of the markets they don't want to be involved in without voicing their intent to the MMS network.
Good company with good benefits
Senior Project Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  TorontoJune 21, 2015
Typical day at work would usually start around 9 and end around 6-7. The company is built on good foundations and is really focused on the retail side. Management is stuck in a rock and a hard place. They need to not only produce good results but also watch the expenses. (it has come down to a double digits now) Co-workers are nice but rather slow. The hardest part of the job is to figure out the team dynamic. The day to day stuff everyone can pick up fairly quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job is that none.
Cons
I grew with the bank over the 26 years I was employed there.
Associate Manager, List Management Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJanuary 27, 2016
My previous role lasted 16 years because the department I had been a part of and watched grow over that time, had a high retention rate. This was due in part to the respect we had for each other and our harmonious leader who gave us a lot of independence but was there when escalations were needed. TD as an institution also fostered a cohesive working environment by listening to its employees and making it a great place to work .
Productive and fun place to work
Product Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 14, 2015
TD has been a great place to work, but like other companies there have been moments of stress. I have grown a lot and made a lot of friends working here. It was a great 10 years. :)
Pros
culture
Cons
recent reorganization
Excellent place for work
Senior QA Analyst - IBM Canada (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 27, 2015
Good atmosphere and lots of new opportunities to grow career in a right way.Fun work place with supportive management.