TD Bank Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 9, 2015
No doubt TD is a great place to learn and grow. Peers are very helpful and supportive. Management kept on shifting probably because Personal Lending Department was comparatively new. All in all, good place to learn.
Pros
Lots of OTs
Cons
Job security
Fast paced, deadline driven environment. Always something happening. Variety of tasks.
Department Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON and Etobicoke, ONOctober 30, 2015
Every day was completely unpredictable which I enjoyed because you never knew what to expect.

I learned to multitask to the extreme and meet deadlines even though new tasks were being added to the 'pile' all the time.

Direct management was very supportive and encouraging.

Co-workers were interesting and personalities were varied but I was always made to feel as if my contribution was the equivalent of anyone in the department.

The hardest part of my job was saying good-bye to the people I had worked with over the past 12 years.

Most enjoyable part of my job was solving a problem that no one else could.
Pros
Flex schedule, management support.
Cons
Not always being able to capitalize on flex schedule.
no stability- hire and fire policy
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 26, 2016
work culture is good, if you watch job portal you can see lot of job adds always from TD, which says all!! Be careful if you are looking for CSR job. They need lot of CSR for summer!! just for summer!!. My advise is to work only part time till you get confirmation letter.
Pros
good team
Not bad
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCAugust 14, 2016
Good opportunity for advancement. Very sales focused, and training to go into other areas of TD Bank life are limited. There are many divisions, but being in Montreal is limiting at times. Best to move to Toronto for higher executive positions.
Very entrepreneurial without satisfactory training
Mobile Mortgage Specialist (MMS) (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 5, 2016
Not the best for people coming from outside the banking network. The marketplace is very competitive and TD priced themselves out of the markets they don't want to be involved in without voicing their intent to the MMS network.
Wonderful culture and people
Technology Delivery Manager/Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 5, 2015
I manage a great team of Business Analysts who have very different backgrounds, education and skill levels. I take pride in the culture we have created in our team that also follows the overall culture at TD: respectuful, helpful, professional and understanding.

I also enjoy what I do which is delivery of technology concept estimates for business requirements I receive from various business partners.

I can't say I have a typical day at work; however, I am usually running from meeting to meeting and trying to get things done in between.

I have been very lucky to have had very good people and projects managers in my life and I strive to be that good manager to the team I lead.

I also take pride in the estimates I create and always ensure they are as accurate as they can be with all the known requirements.

Hardest part of my job right now is the review process that we're trying to define and it's been causing some delay in delivery of our estimates, but I know it's temporary as we're working through the kinks at the moment and have a solution in mind.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
No opportunity to advance in the team as people stick around for a long timeeam
good colleague
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 5, 2016
I enjoyed work there so left on good term to get more experiences and I will be happy to my new job to give my best
everything was perfect at this
Im not looking for something similar but at least a good job
Pros
nice huddle
Cons
8h/day
A good place to work, grow and build.
Senior Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 27, 2016
I have been at TD for over ten years.
I have gained experience in many areas such as Risk, Compliance, Audit and Project Management and would like to thank the supportive management and peers that inspired me to keep moving forward.
Exceptional Culture with a focus on legendary customer experiences and personal development
Team Manager, Human Resources Contact Centre (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 17, 2016
TD Bank is definitely focused on training all employees to provide the best possible exceptional (legendary) service to their customers. Personal growth and development was a primary focus for employees in order to ensure they met the banks vision as well as succession planning.
Tools and resources available to employees to assist them with their personal goals were readily available.
Personal ownership to meet and exceed goals and departmental accountabilities were a constant requirement and on-going focus to ensure overall business success. Consistent planned coaching was a necessity for personal and team growth, accountability and attainment.
In my time at TD, I worked within 3 distinct businesses and due to my focus on my performance, attainment of goals and on-going learning and development, I was able to move forward when opportunities presented themselves.
Expectations were high at all times therefore focus on business/personal goals and time management to achieve them were paramount, lending to a stressful environment at times. Access to tools and resources to assist in reducing stress were readily available.
Employees consistently exceeding goals were rewarded with fun events, awards/recognition and VIP destination trips.
I developed life-long friendships with many colleagues while working for the bank. For this as well as my numerous learning experiences and personal growth, I am truly grateful.
Pros
Growth and Developmental opportunities, reward and recognition award potential, exceptional employee benefits programs
Cons
Can be stressful environment with high expectations
great working environment
IT ANALYST / SERVICE AVAILABILITY REP (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 1, 2016
The IT Department (Service desk) has a call center platform. Everyone has their own workstation and required computer equipment. Most of the days are busy ones with somewhat high call volumes. We support TD employees and vendors with IT support and password resets. Great team to work with.
Not what it used to be !
Execitive (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 30, 2016
Going in the wrong direction for both customers
and staff ..... very sad to see this happening.
Staff are exiting in droves.

Management take a step back and see what's really going on.
Pros
Thd teams and customers you work with.
Cons
No work life balance.
Great company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2016
TD Bank is a great company. Employees are well respected, have great opportunities for growth and development. Great salary.
micro management
Customer Service Representative London Ont (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 23, 2016
worked there for 11 years was caught under bad management very micro management unable to progress - co workers were great hardest part of the job was being on the phones
Great benefits, challenging roles
IT Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 30, 2016
Excellent work environment. Great benefits opportunity for advancement. Flexible workspace. Very positive attitude throughout the workplace. Training support available. Community support programs. However too much outsourcing.
Great place to work and advance
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 5, 2016
- Answer approximately 100 phone calls a day
- Aid credit card holders with day to day transactions and questions about their credit card
- Sell other bank loans and products that suited their needs
Productive and fun to work with,A good place to learn.
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 4, 2016
Its a good company to learn and be educated about bank business.Excellent company and management and employee.A lots of training and seminars and meetings.Very busy company Day and Night.
Pros
Free tickets and good benefits.
Cons
Long hours and meeting, more overtime.
People Make the Difference
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioOctober 19, 2015
At TD, it's the people who make the difference. Benefits are good, pay is usually a little low, but it's the people at TD that make this employer stand out!
Pros
stable Canadian chartered bank, benefits, profit share programs
Cons
disconnect between senior management and employees
Fantastic place to grow and work for.
Partner Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 16, 2016
It is a good place to work and I got an opportunity to learn from management and from the daily routine work. Its a fast pace working environment. Had a great job satisfaction.
Information Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 11, 2016
My experience with TD as a client has been amazing. Great work life balance and good opportunities to work . Supporting team and management. Learned many new aspects of information security.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 25, 2016
Excellent company to work for that gives so many opportunities for growth. Great and supportive management structure that pushes you to be your best version every single day. Co-workers don't feel like co-workers, but more like family