TD Bank Employee Reviews

okay depending on where you work in the company.
Mobile Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 August 2016
If you have a graduate degree, you're good. They will train, move you up, and take care of you with okay money. Not great, not bad, most branch jobs max out in the mid 50k range except for the branch manager.

If you work in service, so tellers, call centre, etc. etc. the pay is awful. the benefits are good. and the hours are usually awful. Don't plan on going anywhere and even if you do it's only a matter of time before you get bumped by someone with a degree.
Pros
training
Cons
slow movement within company.
Great benefits, challenging roles
IT Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 June 2016
Excellent work environment. Great benefits opportunity for advancement. Flexible workspace. Very positive attitude throughout the workplace. Training support available. Community support programs. However too much outsourcing.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2016
TD is a great place to work compared even to other banks that I have worked with. Very collaborative and agile team that are result-driven, which contributes to the quick growth of the business.
Pros
Great people, culture, and business.
Had a horrible branch manager
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON27 January 2017
Was very fast at picking up becoming a teller and was very fast at dealing with customers, did not do well numbers wise but had an outstanding relationship with staff and customers, I assisted our staff as well as the front desk in organizing, filing, and data entry. Change of branch managers bought in a man who did not like me and from day one began to treat me horribly and on more than one occasion in email called me a disappointment. HR didn't do anything to help as they were always on vacation and my customer service manager just said to ignore him. Left because I couldn't stand it anymore.
Cons
Branch manager
Pretty good place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON25 April 2016
The management was fair and there were opportunities for advancement. Like any other workplace, it had typical office politics and some bad managers with no education that did not know too much about the business and yet had a managerial job.
Pros
Good health plan and overtime
Fun place to work
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 October 2016
TD is one of the biggest banks in Canada, lots of growing opportunities with in the bank. Job culture is very warm and friendly.
Wonderful Culture
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 February 2017
Depending on your business unit you work in, your career may be stuck in that institutional silo. Difficult to transition between retail services to corporate.
fun friendly efficient
Casual Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON23 January 2017
Great company to work for very flexible, engaging and always willing to train and coach for success. pay benefits and duties well worth it
Fun staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB7 June 2016
I loved working here, but there was not enough hours for what I was needing.

A typical day would be to help customers with their banking transactions.

I learned how to do my job properly and sometimes dealing with difficult customers.

Management was wonderful. My boss was very nice and accommodating. He had a way of bringing things to you without making you feel horrible.

The hardest part of the job was making sure you aren't depositing a fraudulent cheque or make any huge mistakes. Also the hardest part was that there were not enough hours and I ended up leaving and going to one of my other jobs that were offering me full time. I also found that one of the hardest parts was having to sell bank products to customers.

The most enjoyable part was working in an enjoyable environment.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
no enough hours
Good company to work for
Sr. Big Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2016
Overall a good company to work for. A good work-life balance. Only occasional long hours depending on the project and the timelines.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 January 2017
Great place to work. Would be great if they give market rate to their employees. The culture of this place is amazing and I would love to work here for another 10 years.
Really great department to work in
System Operations Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2016
Merchant Solutions has provided me the tools i need to complete my tasks. Great team is always there to support each other. Diversity is important to TD's culture and everyone is very friendly.
Pros
Lots of staff gatherings
Cons
Gets busy, projects could get pushed back
work with the support team to meet challenging business requirements and tight project schedule.
IT Manager - AML Production Support Manager (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON14 January 2016
- daily huddle with support team, production problems, root cause analysis and resource assignment to resolve the problem and write-up for the root cause, solution and estimate for implementation.

- learn and improve my problem solving skills, root cause identifications and tools and way to resolve different problems.

- report and obtain management support for short and long term solution with management and identify pros and cons and cost for the solution

- work with the team for assignment of problem resolutions, system enhancements, cross train team with various assignment experience to meet their career needs and improvement.

- enjoyed feeling of problems solved to allow business to continue BAU functions and improve system performance or optimize systems.
Pros
job satisfaction with problems solved to allow business to continue functions
Cons
long hours, 24/7 support and hard work to meet business challenging requirements and tight schedule
Fun workplace where I meet a diversity of people that I was able to drive positive changes and excel business growth.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2016
Bi-weekly training in reviewing weekly performance and setting monthly sales goals. The most enjoyable part of the job is to master my communication skills with a diverse people including customers with different background and culture, co-workers where I learn to create a productive work environment to ensure the day run smoothly. My manager is willing to teach and appreciate employer's hard work every day.
Excellent place to work
Automation Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2016
Relaxed work culture with good work life balance
Excellent team and co-workers
Good Leadership Team
Learnt better Vendor Management
Handling Global team
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Pay scale
A great place to work - good culture, good career growth and good compensation.
Product Manager, TD - Credit Cards (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2016
I learned how to manage projects, partners and overall - effective relationship management.
I was given the opportunities to lead new initiatives which has resulted in incredible development for my career. I had incredible support from my management team as I learned the ins and outs of a project lifecycle.
In this, I came to learn how to manage a 'team' and truly prioritize deliverables and time - not dropping any items along the way.
I am known as a Subject Matter Expert in the Credit Cards Statement Marketing process and the Statement Online Tool (xMC). This is the tool that gets marketing content uploaded/programmed onto Credit Card Statements.
The hardest part of the job - it is deadline driven. Very high pressure and the same items are due at the same time each month, making it a bit cyclical. However, each month is unique. Marketing campaigns are not the same month-over-month, which helps in having some variety.
The most enjoyable part of the job - the people. The incredible people are what make TD. They are all passionate at what they do and they remember to have fun at work.
Pros
Employee incentive award year-end; good benefits.
Cons
Long hours at times - lack of back-up support.
Great Culture - Great To build Career
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2016
Worked at TD for 11 Years.

Started as a Bank Teller, and worked my way up to corporate.
You will learn more here than you will at any bank hands down.(In my opinion)
You will literally touch with every department at some point and learn something new. Plenty of skills you can take in your next career move.
Pros
Tremendously growing organization with great culture and collaboration with other business units.
Cons
Management is unorganized, a lot of favoritism occurs, and you do not get much time away from work
Productive with air hockey and a pool table and tvs
Legal Demands Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 March 2016
Printing all reports. Puttng a freeze on the customers bank account so they could not take all their money ot of their account. Take the payment out of their account. Make up a draft for the amount that we took out of thier account.
Sending draft to the Government.
NCL as an department that worked on behalf of the government. Providing payments for Child support, Land taxes, any money that the customer owed the government.
Pros
Excelent Benefits, good pay
Cons
could be long hours when RRSP season
Nice place to work
Data Integration Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2016
TD is a nice organisation to work. Friendly staffs and accommodating. Staff respect to one another is first class and their Salary is considerable.
Pros
Work live Balance
Cons
So much workload
Dynamic environment. Wonderful people.
F/T greeter at Kingsway and Victoria branch (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 January 2017
My branch was often busy. At times this led to it being a very dynamic work environment. The physical limitations of the property, ie: insufficient parking spaces and too few teller wickets, sometimes served to increase tensions among the customers.

My objectives were to deter robberies, which I very much enjoyed, and to try to foster a sense of security for both staff and customers.

All in all it was a very good place to work.