TD Bank Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent people and culture with challenging project work
Managing Enterprise Architect (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 12, 2016
The culture at TD is excellent with a fantastic work/life balance. There are a myriad of opportunities across the different areas which can give a person all the variety and challenge they want - particularly at more junior levels.
Pros
Culture, work-life balance, challenge
Cons
Very difficult to make executive ranks
Productive and fun to work with,A good place to learn.
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 4, 2016
Its a good company to learn and be educated about bank business.Excellent company and management and employee.A lots of training and seminars and meetings.Very busy company Day and Night.
Pros
Free tickets and good benefits.
Cons
Long hours and meeting, more overtime.
Fast paced, deadline driven environment. Always something happening. Variety of tasks.
Department Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON and Etobicoke, ONOctober 30, 2015
Every day was completely unpredictable which I enjoyed because you never knew what to expect.

I learned to multitask to the extreme and meet deadlines even though new tasks were being added to the 'pile' all the time.

Direct management was very supportive and encouraging.

Co-workers were interesting and personalities were varied but I was always made to feel as if my contribution was the equivalent of anyone in the department.

The hardest part of my job was saying good-bye to the people I had worked with over the past 12 years.

Most enjoyable part of my job was solving a problem that no one else could.
Pros
Flex schedule, management support.
Cons
Not always being able to capitalize on flex schedule.
Not a good environment
Credit Analyst Consumer Corporate Segment (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2015
Secretive culture, management kept employees in the dark, employees were only advice contracts were not being extended 2 weeks before contrarctss ended, felt more like a highschool as management would take attende of employees every morning and if you were late by a minute or 2 they would write you up but if you left 10 or 15 minutes latter that was okay and not recognized, worst work experience ever
Very entrepreneurial without satisfactory training
Mobile Mortgage Specialist (MMS) (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 5, 2016
Not the best for people coming from outside the banking network. The marketplace is very competitive and TD priced themselves out of the markets they don't want to be involved in without voicing their intent to the MMS network.
Great benefits, challenging roles
IT Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 30, 2016
Excellent work environment. Great benefits opportunity for advancement. Flexible workspace. Very positive attitude throughout the workplace. Training support available. Community support programs. However too much outsourcing.
Fun to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCFebruary 6, 2016
Good place to start your career and grab every opportunity to move up the ladder. TD has an excellent working environment.
I grew with the bank over the 26 years I was employed there.
Associate Manager, List Management Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJanuary 27, 2016
My previous role lasted 16 years because the department I had been a part of and watched grow over that time, had a high retention rate. This was due in part to the respect we had for each other and our harmonious leader who gave us a lot of independence but was there when escalations were needed. TD as an institution also fostered a cohesive working environment by listening to its employees and making it a great place to work .
Amazing place to work if you have a good manager
INBOUND BILINGUAL BANKING ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 18, 2016
Amazing place to work unless you get stuck with a bad manager. Managers are given way too much power over their team so it doesnt matter how good you are at your job if your manager doesnt say you are good you pretty much do not exist!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 25, 2016
Excellent company to work for that gives so many opportunities for growth. Great and supportive management structure that pushes you to be your best version every single day. Co-workers don't feel like co-workers, but more like family
Fun place to work
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2016
Fun place and a relaxed environment that gives opportunity for growth.
Learnt credit adjudication at its best and was surrounded by excellent management team.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Late hours shift
Pretty good place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ONApril 25, 2016
The management was fair and there were opportunities for advancement. Like any other workplace, it had typical office politics and some bad managers with no education that did not know too much about the business and yet had a managerial job.
Pros
Good health plan and overtime
Fun, repetitive work environment
sales executive (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 20, 2015
Repetitive work structure, constant job training and team meetings to help you improve. Great staff and employees. Lot's of benefits if the employer actually gets hired.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Repetition
I work hard working. I am dedicated and strong and get along with almost anyhone.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2016
I have worked for over 12 years at my current company. I am loyal, get along with almost anyone. I am loyal and dedicated. I get along famously with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is trying to help everyone out and spreading myself too thin.
Pros
Awesome worker, get along with everyone, fantastic personality
Cons
Not being able to say no - and I should push back a bit more.
good place to work
CSR (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ONMarch 15, 2016
excellent co-workers, clean environment, updates on products/services frequently, management extremely supportive.
Fantastic customers,
Pros
friendly customers
Cons
as a casual- not enough hours
Great job security and a fantastic place to work
Customer Service Representative / Teller (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ONJune 23, 2016
It has been many years since I was employed by TD, and although I loved it at the time, I feel unable to make an informed comment about being in the banking industry at this time.
Average
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 4, 2016
Enjoy working for TD, for the most part. Good benefits and vacation time. The pay is just ok. Not unlike most large institutions it falls prey to adjusting slowly to change or implementing technology solutions as fast as a smaller firms can and do.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad bosses
TD Canada Trust
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONDecember 9, 2015
Very busy and exciting

Meeting dead lines , getting the job done to my fullest advantage

Professional work place ,full of energy , great management team

Kind and friendly , great team workers

Dealing with different cultures

it feels like Home , helping, caring and sharing and having some fun while at work
micro management
Customer Service Representative London Ont (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 23, 2016
worked there for 11 years was caught under bad management very micro management unable to progress - co workers were great hardest part of the job was being on the phones
Good
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  OntarioNovember 26, 2015
Great company to work for.

I've shown an interest towards taking on more responsibilities and they were supportive of this goal by investing in me such as education and setting time on a periodic basis for goal-setting.
Pros
Excellent brand name, professional atmosphere; Work Life Balance
Cons
Leader taking credit for underling's work but not taking responsibility for their own mistake