TD Bank Employee Reviews

Branch level jobs are meaning less to head office
CSR/FSR (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON12 September 2017
It’s all about your goals, even if they are not realist. When I started things were great you had realist goal and you could do what was right for the customer. When I quit, most people were not happy with the constant hounding that branch management (was made to do). Not an easy place to advance unless you know the right people, you skills and knowledge don’t matter. My experience all pertains to branch level; corporate is different environment all together. If you want to work for TD do not go for branch level, for a few reasons: jobs are part time, hours are all over the place, branch jobs are becoming obsolete because of online, telephone, and ATM’s.
Pros
Health Spending Account
Cons
No Regular Hours
high energy and positive environment to work in.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
A good experience in all, however, the salary is more in tune for someone living with their parents and looking to have financial experience. Their is a very close relationship with all staff including management which is a culture that can only be positive in the long term.
Pros
Bonus pay semi annually, full dental and medical benefits
Cons
A lot of administrative work at the end of day.
excellent workplace
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
it is a great place to work in. The Bank staff members are very helpful and supportive especially with the newly joined members in the team. It is also very regulated work place.
Positive work environment for those with a strong sales acumen and ability to quickly process information.
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB11 September 2017
TD Bank, like all those in the financial industry, is undergoing dramatic fundamental changes as they adapt to the digital age of doing business. It is an excellent environment for those desiring future opportunities through advancement based on performance.
Pros
Creative expressions to show they value staff
Cons
Must be a proactive learner as tasks require a vast knowledge that must be built over time.
overall good place to work
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 September 2017
I have managed to learn many things at TD, work culture is so good. The management helpful. Everyday learning is the best part. I love to engage with customers and help them.
discussion on capital market, equity market and market trends
FINANCIAL ADVISOR / INVESTMENT CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON8 September 2017
I enjoy going to work every day.
I start my day at work with a cup off coffee. While planning my day and my setting up appointment, I discuss the financial market in Canada and around the world. Enjoy real estate and investment discussions with my clients.
After my half shift i like enjoy my lunch while reading some news updates.
I like to finish off my work with my next day schedule and organizing every thing for the next day.
great place to be
Specialiste Bilingue Télephonique carte de crédit (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 September 2017
TD is a great place to be. people are happy to be there and there is a lot of opportunity for career improvement. people have opportunities to express their self without any concern.
Pros
free lunches and LEI points
Cons
hours not too flexible
friendly working environment
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2017
managers are very supportive. Good working environment. Massive online training and manager on-site coaching.
Telephone coaching once a week, however the telephone mentors treated advisors like robots. They never liked our ideas and never told us why. They requested all advisors to service customers and sell products in their ways.
Nice company in general.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 September 2017
Great Growth Opportunities, Everyone treated equal with no discrimination, Employees compensated decently with ample opportunities to grow within the company.
A fun and satisfying place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2017
TD Bank treats all employees well to ensure a high level of morale instilled within each employee. My colleagues and managers alike only speak the best of TD due to their benefits, and the attempt to create fun in the workplace every day,
Great place to work as a student
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC5 September 2017
A typical day working at TD would be creating customers, processing day to day transactions, wire payments, bill payments. Sales is crucial; ie credit cards, lines of credit, loans. Coaching is daily to maintain sales goals .
Great people and great work/life balance
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON5 September 2017
Service customer and Branch personnel as one of the first callback underwriters used by TD.

Aid in facilitating new hires and provided insightful training required

Analyze financial profiles and determine credit worthiness for new and existing TD clients while still adhering to TDBG credit policy.

Great work and life balance. Awesome culture. Great people to with.
respect in the workplace
Credit Protection Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2017
Productive and balance work and family . the diversity at td bank is awesome. it is a multicultural environment. very suportive managers and co employees
not necessarily honest and forthright with people or themselves
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2017
while there may be a number of better management in the company, my overall experience was that management had varying degrees of passivity to hostility.
Low pay
Credit Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 September 2017
Training is a nightmare, expectations are high and they are very uneven about following through on stuff. They ask a lot of the staff for the money they give.
- limited opportunities to advance
- not compensated fairly based on performance
vacation time off is hard to get if you are not in the first bucket to choose.
a very selfish management team
Manager is very biased. They promote whoever they like . pretty and handsome .
Cons
office politics, drama
nice people
Financial Sale Representative/Compliance Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2017
Build connection and provide legendary customer service and first call resolution
-Identify Sale opportunity based on customer portfolio and provide personalized advice (130%)
-Day to day personal banking support i.e. Account maintenance; Credit Card; Investment service: GIC, terms, TFSA, RSP contribution; Loan service: Line of Credit, Mortgage;
U.S. Cross Border Banking support
-Support team compliance as a compliance lead, provide sufficient suggestions to improve compliance and email team members for every compliance/procedure change
A great work culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2017
Overall, TD provides a great training system to allow newcomers to learn and to get used to their work culture and systems. I have to say that TD is a fantastic place for students to start and to experience what business is like.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Low salary wage comparing to the amount of efforts that you put in
Professional, great development opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 August 2017
TD Canada Trust has been crucial to my development as a professional. I have received a great deal of support and training, and through hard work and dedication I have been able to achieve two promotions in less than since joining in October 2015.
Pros
Training, benefits, equity
Great work life balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2017
TD Bank provides a good work life balance. The organization allows people to move in different roles and explore new opportunities to grow their careers.
Quarterly incentives
Transfer Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2017
Very family oriented and employees are rewarded if their performance exceeded expectations. Free lunch/dinner during RRSP Season overtime. Considerate team leader and manager as well as the CEO
Pros
Free Lunches & breakfast once in a while
Cons
you'll work on the 24rth floor which is bad as you will take the stairs during fire drill.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TD Bank. Our community is ready to answer.