TD Bank

TD Bank Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A typical day at work for me would be me helping and serving customers, cashier, ...
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto OntarioNovember 28, 2013
Pros: lunches are provided by the company
Cons: working over if and when i'm asked are sometime ok with me
The hardest part of my job is when the customer left without been satisfied.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to deliver
to my customers, wanted them to return.

To my co-workers is when we can work as a team.
Collaborative and fun work environment with a focus on client service
Application Packager (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 26, 2013
Pros: low stress, helpful culture
Cons: 2 year contract maximum for contractors (3 month break)
My time with TD was a treat. Colleagues and managers were pleasant, accommodating, collaborative, and relaxed. Client service was the end goal, and we worked hard to achieve it, although there was no sense of being asked too much of.

In fairness I was a contractor and experiences may vary for full-time staff.
Very organized and well prepaired in training
Support Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2013
Pros: .
Cons: .
I am happy to be able to assist end users every single day, helping others and be able to get them through their technical issues make me happy as well, not only I learn new things everyday , also I am able to assist them which make the job more interesting.
great place to work with a good work/life balance
Network Lab Manager / IT Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 26, 2013
Pros: varied skills required from managing people to learning and adopting technologies
Cons: coming to a consensus amonst all groups was a challenge
Work with people from various groups in preparation for pre production testing of network solutions in a lab environment. Exposed to multiple hardware and software vendor's technologies which is the most enjoyable part of the job
Productive fun place to work
Credit Administrator (Former Employee), Markham, ONNovember 12, 2013
A typical day at work was fast paced, both challenging and exciting at the same time. There was always something new going on. I learned how to quickly adapt to constantly changing operations processes. Management was awesome. My co-workers were great!
Most enjoyable part was the team effort that went into everyday processes.
excellent people to work with
Treasury Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 8, 2013
working in TD is an amazing experience
• Analyze the impact of new asset allocation for TD Bank’s liquidity premium curve
• Responsible for producing power point presentations for senior management to explain monthly margins results for commercial, retail, and small business banking products.
• Produce weekly reports for liquidity premium and update – more... rates in internal system –Rate GUI.
• Produce Bi-weekly Asset and Liability Committee - ALCO presentation package includes reports, graphs, rates and market updates.
• Maintain monthly process logs for Audit (US FTP & CAD FTP). Provide manual adjustments and run manual exceptions when necessary. – less
Productive and fun workplace with nice working atmosphere
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 28, 2013
* Nice management

* Worked with good co-workers

* Enjoyable working place
Fun Fridays, game played every Friday
Legal Demands Support Officer (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntaropOctober 15, 2013
Pros: staff appreciation day
Cons: no advancement in the department
Posting 75 entries a day. Putting holds on customer's account so when money deposit is in their account, I would take the request of payment that the government submitted to us, Getting the drafts ready to be mailed out to the Government.
The hardest part of this job was making sure that all request for payment was done by 3 and the drafts we ready – more... to be mailed out that day and we could not carrying over the request for payment to the next day. Making sure that the internal accounts was balanced everyday. – less
Over 8 + years of experience in QA, Software Testing and Executing Projects
QA Lead/Test Coordinator /Senior QA Analyst (Current Employee), MississaugaOctober 2, 2013
A result oriented QA Team lead/Test Coordinator with over 8 + years of progressive experience in the field of Software quality assurance and testing within a wide variety of projects and environments in Banking, Insurance and Telecom industry. Key strengths include testing methodology (SDLC and Agile), with extensive experience in execution of Functional – more... Testing, System Integration Testing, Regression Testing, E2E Testing, Smoke Testing, Black Box Testing, White Box Testing, Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing and related test methodologies. Has strong experience in Testing and leading the test efforts on Web applications, client-server, network, database, 3-tier and related projects on Windows, Mainframes and UNIX operating systems. Mentor, coordinator and leadership roles in creation and execution of QA testing processes, Test strategies, Test plans, Bug documentation, Change management leading projects from Conceptual to closure phase. – less
TD bank is top rated service provider to their clients in Canada
Credit Admin Officer (Former Employee), MississaugaSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: nothing special
Cons: excellent working eviornment
I found an excellent working environment in TD Bank. TD bank provide me a lot of learning opportunities to understand the Canadian Banking culture and Corporate and Social responsibility in the TD Bank.
Management style is excellent and they believe in delegation of authority to their employees and have faith and confidence to the bank's employees. – more... Every where you have to meet deadline so TD has also the same working style. The most enjoyable part of the job was, TD bank provide the environment like a home and family. – less
Engaging work surrounded by motivated, smart people and a great culture...
Contractor / Consultant, Strategy & Innovation (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: great location in the heart of toronto's financial core; good work/life balance and td culture
Cons: work culture can vary considerably (+/-) depending on business unit and job function
I've lost count on the number of projects I've been involved with over the last year at TD (albeit as a contractor)...a good thing if you like like a high degree of exposure and variety. The one downside is that often times, I get engaged and take ownership of a project only to be deployed to another project or higher priority assignment before finishing – more... the last one.

I'm fortunate to be currently working in perhaps the most dynamic and exciting engagement yet - cross-channel (Phone / ATM / Online / Mobile) banking innovation. The work aligns perfectly with my interests outside of working hours i.e. emerging technologies and innovation particularly in the mobile space.

Bottom line...love the culture here and I've had great experiences with management. – less
dynamic ever changing environment
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Scarborough, OntarioSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: independent work space
Cons: occasionally spend personal time to finish work
seek new business opportunities, recommend financial products, services & advise to existing client base. Manage documents, files, sales tracking. Coach less experienced co-workers. Keeping up sales with decline in client business due to change in economic conditions, and competetive market is often a challenge. Speaking with new clients and dealing – more... with various financial situations makes the job interesting and stimulating. – less
IT Engineers have Flexhours and Flexplace but lack team camaraderie
IT Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2013
Pros: flexhours and flexplace, competitive compensation
Cons: lack team camaraderie, lean downsizing environment without effective processes/systems to support it
In the IT Engineering groups within IT Infrastructure Services, Flex Hours and Flex Place provide employees with better work/life balance potential. However, Management's focus on LEAN methodology and management through metrics combined with downsizing and outsourcing provide significantly less job security in recent years and this has created a more – more... stressful and less satisfying environment to work in for the staff that remain.

Although the intention is to improve efficiencies through streamlining processes while reducing staff, this has not yet been successful due to the lack of system integration combined with additional process and administration overhead and workload placed on staff so that metrics can be generated and analyzed at the expense of a lack of priority and emphasis on process and workflow automation which are critical to making the LEAN program successful. – less
Sr. Manager, Global Compliance Training (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 26, 2013
It is a pleasure to work with one of the highly recognized "Big Banks". TD has provided me with multiple opportunities for learning and advancement. They truly value a team's accomplishments and their mission is closely aligned with mine in that they give back to the community. I highly recommend TD Bank Group as a place to work.
Excellent work environment
Investment Advisor (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 21, 2013
- good place to work at
- ongoing support and training
- friendly and fun atomosphere
Best place I ever worked
Enterprise Application Packaging Engineer (Former Employee), London, OntarioAugust 21, 2013
The Management team was fantastic and my colleagues were amazing. Contract staff are treated like regular full time staff and are invited to all events.
Overall a good workplace
Project Manager / IT Manager (Former Employee), Downtown TorontoAugust 19, 2013
Pros: good environment
Cons: too many decision makers
TD is a great company to work for from the life work balance point of view, advancement opportunities are there...
Can use some senior management modifications and management methods, so many decision makers, so many changes in short period of times.
Very productive, understanding, planning and time management. A fun and friendly place to work.
Project Administrator (Former Employee), Head Office, Technology Information MississaugaAugust 15, 2013
Pros: benefits, recognitions, lunches, etc
Cons: n/a
Busy and given time to complete work load, seek help, etc.
I learned a lot as an Administrative Assistant, Financial Analysis, QA Testing, SDLC advancing to Project Coordinator, Project Management, spreadsheets, reporting, capturing minutes, etc.
Management were always helpful, understanding and complimentary.
I got along well with my co-workers and – more... team members and we always were involved in charitable or company events.
The hardest part of the job was trying to get used to the continuous change in Management and group reporting.
I enjoyed every job to the fullest, meeting new people, helping out management, team members and co-workers whereever and/or whenever possible, and being recognized for my efforts. – less
Loved working for them!!
Various (Former Employee), VariousAugust 14, 2013
Pros: advancement
Cons: changing shifts
At TD I started as a teller and ended as an investment rep. The staff were supportive and always encouraged me to move when the opportunity arose. TD fostered a great learning environment and I was sorry when they announced that the Edmonton branch was moving to Ontario.
Excellent work environment
Human Resource Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioAugust 11, 2013
I enjoyed working for the organization, I learned a lot and made many great friends.

About TD Bank

About TD Bank Financial Group The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its subsidiaries are collectively known as TD Bank Financial Group. – Read more