TD Bank

1.5K reviews

TD Bank Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Organization
Release QA Test Manager / Lead / Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 5, 2016
TD Bank is definitely focused on training all employees to provide the best possible exceptional (legendary) service to their customers. Personal growth and development was a primary focus for employees in order to ensure they met the banks vision as well as succession planning.
Tools and resources available to employees to assist them with their personal goals were readily available.
Personal ownership to meet and exceed goals and departmental accountabilities were a constant requirement and on-going focus to ensure overall business success. Consistent planned coaching was a necessity for personal and team growth, accountability and attainment.
Expectations were high at all times therefore focus on business/personal goals and time management to achieve them were paramount, lending to a stressful environment at times. Access to tools and resources to assist in reducing stress were readily available.
Employees consistently exceeding goals were rewarded with fun events, awards/recognition and VIP destination trips.
Fast paced, deadline driven environment. Always something happening. Variety of tasks.
Department Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ON and Etobicoke, ONOctober 30, 2015
Pros: Flex schedule, management support.
Cons: Not always being able to capitalize on flex schedule.
Every day was completely unpredictable which I enjoyed because you never knew what to expect.

I learned to multitask to the extreme and meet deadlines even though new tasks were being added to the 'pile' all the time.

Direct management was very supportive and encouraging.

Co-workers were interesting and personalities were varied but I was always made to feel as if my contribution was the equivalent of anyone in the department.

The hardest part of my job was saying good-bye to the people I had worked with over the past 12 years.

Most enjoyable part of my job was solving a problem that no one else could.
People focused, results driven leader
Branch Manager, TD Canada Trust (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 1, 2014
Pros: my people and customers
Cons: lack of resources and support from management
A typical day revolves around constantly adding to the culture of our team- creating a workplace that is un-matched in the eyes of my customers and team members.

We coach to results daily and how that plays a part in personal development which allows our team to think beyond themselves. My team work for the team and the customer, not for themselves.

I thoroughly enjoy the challenge of helping people see the 'ideal state' and I am committed to developing and refining a vision that we all aspire too. This approach has lead exceptional results and YoY improvement. It has also lead to promotions for 14 of 20 people in the last year. My team is the largest exporter of talent in the Region ( which comprises of 400+ other branch teams).
Demanding security call centre for TD Employees
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), MississaugaApril 27, 2015
Responsibilities:

• Performs intake, triage and escalation functions for all incidents reported to the centre in both English and French
• Performs active monitoring of various security systems, including video and access control systems
• Provides alarm monitoring via access control and/or automatic video display for intrusion, robbery or duress, in accordance with client protocols
• Dispatches personnel based on event type
• Encounter issues and incidents that are potentially sensitive, confidential or may put persons at risk
• Advising supervisors of urgent matters, life safety incidents, in a timely manner to ensure the appropriate triage is applied and the appropriate steps are taken
• Collecting information and data, creating and providing reports, maintaining effective communications with a wide variety of stakeholders
TD Provided me with a number of career opportunties to advance my resume
Sr. Manager Credit Card Operations & Admin. (Former Employee), Head Office - Toronto ONNovember 11, 2014
Pros: td opportunities were always available for career growth & development.
Cons: in 2000, as a result of the td canada trust merger, many jobs were outsourced to 3rd party providers, hence numerous layoffs occurred.
During my Career at TD, I was able to initiate the development of various customer service infrastructures, policies and procedures, while simultaneously carrying out all the standard management job responsibilities - including staff recruitment, hiring and training. I also participated in major budget development, planning and management activities. At TD Bank, the initiatives I led enabled the bank to turn around client business relationships with several key customers, which prevented loss of the customer’s business.
Very productive, understanding, planning and time management. A fun and friendly place to work.
Project Administrator (Former Employee), Head Office, Technology Information MississaugaAugust 15, 2013
Pros: benefits, recognitions, lunches, etc
Cons: n/a
Busy and given time to complete work load, seek help, etc.
I learned a lot as an Administrative Assistant, Financial Analysis, QA Testing, SDLC advancing to Project Coordinator, Project Management, spreadsheets, reporting, capturing minutes, etc.
Management were always helpful, understanding and complimentary.
I got along well with my co-workers and team members and we always were involved in charitable or company events.
The hardest part of the job was trying to get used to the continuous change in Management and group reporting.
I enjoyed every job to the fullest, meeting new people, helping out management, team members and co-workers whereever and/or whenever possible, and being recognized for my efforts.
Over 8 + years of experience in QA, Software Testing and Executing Projects
QA Lead/Test Coordinator /Senior QA Analyst (Current Employee), MississaugaOctober 2, 2013
A result oriented QA Team lead/Test Coordinator with over 8 + years of progressive experience in the field of Software quality assurance and testing within a wide variety of projects and environments in Banking, Insurance and Telecom industry. Key strengths include testing methodology (SDLC and Agile), with extensive experience in execution of Functional Testing, System Integration Testing, Regression Testing, E2E Testing, Smoke Testing, Black Box Testing, White Box Testing, Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing and related test methodologies. Has strong experience in Testing and leading the test efforts on Web applications, client-server, network, database, 3-tier and related projects on Windows, Mainframes and UNIX operating systems. Mentor, coordinator and leadership roles in creation and execution of QA testing processes, Test strategies, Test plans, Bug documentation, Change management leading projects from Conceptual to closure phase.
Great Company to work for.
IT Specialist/ Team Lead, TD Wealth Management (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 13, 2013
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: slow career progression, bad training and development programs, outsourcing
TD is a great company to work with as it has really good employees and it feels good to be there as there are good benefits. The culture is competitive and challenging at time. I have learnt a lot at TD in these years. The cons can be health being affected due to the late nights which sometimes just don't stop and affect work family balance and with it your health.

Also with all the outsourcing happening you don't know if it has enough job security. The Learning Programs have got a big cut and employees who could train in better technologies are left on their own to train them selves.
TD Bank is a successful corporation with top leading technology and employees.
IT Analyst - Application Response Team (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: work and home life balance
Cons: shiftwork
Typical day consists of resolving production issues in a timely manner to mitigate impact to the clients. To investigate negative trends that could potentially lead to outages and to assist in resolving these negative anomalies and stabilize the environment. The individuals I work with work together as a team, we are all dedicated to provide the best service to our clients and each other.

The hardest part of this job is the pressure and stress when working on a production issue and having it resolved in a timely manner and the most enjoyable part of this job is my fellow co-workers and the service that is provided to our clients and knowing they are satisfied.
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 30, 2012
Corporate Lending Support Team within Wholesale Banking Technology Solutions (WBTS) in TD provides business and technical solutions for Wholesale Banking applications such as Global, LoanIQ, and DFR. Loan IQ is a front-to-back loan processing source system used to administer Corporate and Commercial loans and covers the entire life cycle of a loan - from origination and deal tracking, to accounting and settlement. As a source system it has over 20 downstream feeds including direct feeds to PeopleSoft, Swift, AFX and EFT. Global is a general ledger system used for daily funding (deposit, loan or memo) and the settlement of these products. Entries are processed through IDAPS to PSGL. DFR is the Daily Funding Request system. It is used to process all daily funding requests from all source system throughout the TD Securities.
Dynamic and engaging workplace that is an industry leader for both employees and clients alike
Analyst-Finance (Former Employee), Downtown TorontoJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great employee benefits - both at the personal level and at the retail banking level
World class organization that is a leader in the financial services industry in Canada that promotes growth and leadership opportunities for employees in various groups including but not limited to: visible minorities, disabled persons, women, etc.

Employees are valued and compensated fairly.

Industry relevant training provided and the organization also fosters a culture of continuous learning and personal development by funding such programs as tuition reimbursement for part time studies etc.

I felt a very strong sense of pride working for TD for over 15+ years.
work with the support team to meet challenging business requirements and tight project schedule.
IT Manager - AML Production Support Manager (Former Employee), GTA, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: job satisfaction with problems solved to allow business to continue functions
Cons: long hours, 24/7 support and hard work to meet business challenging requirements and tight schedule
- daily huddle with support team, production problems, root cause analysis and resource assignment to resolve the problem and write-up for the root cause, solution and estimate for implementation.

- learn and improve my problem solving skills, root cause identifications and tools and way to resolve different problems.

- report and obtain management support for short and long term solution with management and identify pros and cons and cost for the solution

- work with the team for assignment of problem resolutions, system enhancements, cross train team with various assignment experience to meet their career needs and improvement.

- enjoyed feeling of problems solved to allow business to continue BAU functions and improve system performance or optimize systems.
Good company with good benefits
Senior Project Financial Analyst (Current Employee), TorontoJune 21, 2015
Cons: Long hours
Typical day at work would usually start around 9 and end around 6-7. The company is built on good foundations and is really focused on the retail side. Management is stuck in a rock and a hard place. They need to not only produce good results but also watch the expenses. (it has come down to a double digits now) Co-workers are nice but rather slow. The hardest part of the job is to figure out the team dynamic. The day to day stuff everyone can pick up fairly quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job is that none.
AML Program
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: teams are very focused. subject matter very current.
Cons: many moving parts that effect dleivery of projects.
I had the opportunity to work with TD on their Wealth AML Program for the last two years.

I was the lead BA on four of the project within the program;
Transaction Monitoring (Phase I and Phase II)
Enhanced Due Diligence (Phase I and Phase II)
Policies and Procedures
AML Training

In addition I work closely with my Wealth Business Partners in enforcing the need for improves AML practices. Published a monthly blog to reinforce the need to use AML red flags and report any suspicious activity. Key participant in the updating and preparing new AML training courses for all Wealth employees.
Productive and fun place to work at
Market Risk Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: young culture
Cons: recent cuts made teams more "lean" i.e. more work
This is a great place to start coming out of university. Newcomers are trained well and welcomed. Managers' actions are directly aligned with their scorecard which in itself is good and bad. They are generally under firm budgets and would therefore not want to incur OT costs. This causes many projects to be delayed, or analysts staying late regardless of not being compensated for the extra effort.

TD overall is a great place to work at. It's a huge bank and is different across the board.
TV, Ping-pong table, vending machine in the caffeteria
SMALL BUSINESS SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 13, 2015
Pros: TDBFG rewards performances with, free lunches, tablets to stumilate competition
Cons: TDBFG allows its employees to do overtime when they can
TDBFG is one of the best place to work in the Country, where employees can balance their free time and work. It provides a positive working environment, organizes sport events for its employees. TDBFG encourages its employees to participate in green activities, such as planting trees. TDBFG management provide all necessary tools to help employees to perform and achieve objectives and better productivity. At TDBFG employees are team players, it brings more fun and great achievement.
excellent people to work with
Treasury Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 8, 2013
working in TD is an amazing experience
• Analyze the impact of new asset allocation for TD Bank’s liquidity premium curve
• Responsible for producing power point presentations for senior management to explain monthly margins results for commercial, retail, and small business banking products.
• Produce weekly reports for liquidity premium and update rates in internal system –Rate GUI.
• Produce Bi-weekly Asset and Liability Committee - ALCO presentation package includes reports, graphs, rates and market updates.
• Maintain monthly process logs for Audit (US FTP & CAD FTP). Provide manual adjustments and run manual exceptions when necessary.
Great company with a great culture
Contract Program Manager / Strategic Facilitator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Great culture, opportunities to volunteer, great place to learn, corporate diversity very important
Cons: Demanding performance expectations
TD is a dynamic and challenging firm to work for, but with a fantastic culture and very dedicated employees. TD is constantly moving forward - if you like change, this is the company for you. TD has defined and constantly evolving processes and procedures. They don't sit on their laurels. TD is very risk conscious and all those who work there are expected to be as well. It is a fast-paced environment, but I loved every minute of it. Great place to work if you are qualified for your role.
I grew with the bank over the 26 years I was employed there.
Associate Manager, List Management Marketing (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJanuary 27, 2016
My previous role lasted 16 years because the department I had been a part of and watched grow over that time, had a high retention rate. This was due in part to the respect we had for each other and our harmonious leader who gave us a lot of independence but was there when escalations were needed. TD as an institution also fostered a cohesive working environment by listening to its employees and making it a great place to work .
Always including all staff in a function monthly
Level 5 Supervisor - Office Automation Department (Former Employee), MississaugaJuly 4, 2013
Pros: accommodating in family matters
Cons: stressful
The supervisor position was very stressful and a very full day. I learnt so much with regards to people and being able to handle difficult situations fairly and tactfully. My staff were all eager and willing to perform their duties well and within the given time frames. My co-workers were friendly and helpful. I made many good friends.

At the end of the day when my staff would smile and say they enjoy working with me was my reward. I knew I was doing a good job.
Headquarters
Twitter US
YouTube Canada
YouTube US
LinkedIn
TD Opportunities Canada (Careers Site)
TD Opportunities US (Careers Site)

Twitter