TD Bank Employee Reviews

Excellent carreer - a very desirable employer to work for
VICE PRESIDENT - MIS (Former Employee) –  TD Centre TorontoApril 22, 2016
Excellent employer - I had an outstanding career with consistent advancement opportunities and a chance to work in a variety of challenging positions. Morale was high and I worked in an atmosphere where transparency was sought after and office politics frowned upon. Senior management communicated effectively to staff - information cascaded up and down on a timely basis.

The hardest part of the job was having to decide for myself where I needed to focus much of my time - noone managed me on a day to day basis. This also made this aspect the most enjoyable because
i had the independence to opt for myself how to work most effectively, and do the right things to contribute to the success of my business unit.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 3, 2016
My branch is one the busiest in the area, so work is always hectic. You have learn to work quick and multitask.Our branch is also one the highest sales producing branches in our district. We have also won multiple customer satisfaction awards. That says a lot about us. I love working at TD, especially since I am so young and have the opportunity to move and grow in the company. That is really important to me.
Pros
Cash handling experience, sales experience
Fun place to work and great team.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2016
Busy environment with a variety of duties. Fun team to work with and having team building events. Working with AV equipment setting up meetings for management meetings with clients. Team pulled together to get specific jobs completed. Co-workers always helpful.
Pros
Excellent employee outlook.
Cons
working extra time
Amazing work place
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 13, 2015
Amazing place to work great benefits
Great work life balance
tons of opportunity
Good management
diversified industry
Pros
Amazing work balance
Cons
SR driven department
Has become very stressful place to work.
Personal Banker/Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCApril 12, 2016
Branch opening procedures with only one junior staff member. Only the two of us to run the branch for sometimes 3 hrs. before next staff scheduled to arrive. Then move to one's own office to face the day of client appointments and huge pile of pending work & admin. paperwork. One has to learn very quickly to prioritize in order to handle the workload now the norm in the Bank...with ever-increasing shortage of staff. Co-workers, were in general, great to interact with. Management now, is quite inexperienced for the role, in my opinion. The hardest part of the job now would be trying not to portray to clients the stress level that the majority of employees are working under. The most enjoyable part of the job was always being able to help the clients with their requests & interacting with them.
More cons than pros
Telephone Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  LondonApril 19, 2016
A typical day includes talking to 50+ customers over the phone, and most importantly, selling them things.

At the end of the day, it's NOT about the customer -- it's about how many customers you can help, in less time, while selling them products and services that generate profit for TD. Make no mistake -- if you cannot sell you will be harassed, micro-managed, and eventually fired. This was never a problem for me, just to let you know. If you can sell, you can do anything you want.

I feel sorry for management, I can see how stressed they are with recent pressures and shakeups. Then they take that stress out on the employees. They seem to be wondering if they'll be the ones to be fired next.

I knew many managers who had 15+ years of experience and were FIRED during the shakeup, without a blink of an eye from upper management.

New "lean" leadership has crippled the employee culture.

PROS:
-Great co-workers.
-Love the customers.
-Love the pay and benefits.
-Very flexible work schedule.
-Great experience.
TD Canada Trust
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONDecember 9, 2015
Very busy and exciting

Meeting dead lines , getting the job done to my fullest advantage

Professional work place ,full of energy , great management team

Kind and friendly , great team workers

Dealing with different cultures

it feels like Home , helping, caring and sharing and having some fun while at work
Best employer
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 20, 2015
I have been able to transition from hands-on software development into business/system analysis and project management, with the support of my supervisors and I have learned a lot while practicing project management in a big organization , with guidance from more experienced project/program managers.
Pros
Flexible environment, supporting career growth
Cons
overtime
A great place to move forward
Manager, Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2016
My experience as Manager of Customer Service for four years had me creating and presenting training material to employees of the entire branch; this position allowed me to improve my teaching, communication, interpersonal, networking, and relationship-building skills
Pros
positive moral
Cons
communication with Management
Great co workers and team in a fast pace envirorment. The work is frequent with lots to learn with great management
Loss Prevention Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 11, 2016
Typical day at work is assisting customers on a frequent basis learning different processes and procedures. I work with a great Team Manager and apart of a great team as well I would have to say the most enjoyable part of the day is hearing the customer state how happy there are with there laughter and compliments.
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 29, 2016
TD bank is a very good company to work for. Management is amazing at helping you with opportunities to grow, and get you wherever you desire to go within the company.
Good pay + great benefits.
Downfall is when you're in school full time hard to create a schedule to go with the banks hours.
- also, very sales oriented. If you will not sell, or do not like selling environments do not bother applying.
Pros
good job
Cons
bank hours restricting from getting desired hours.
Excellent Experience
QA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 24, 2015
Focused concentration while reviewing different system platforms.
The management style is a open concept which i love, everyone is accessible.
Pros
great benefits and a chance for movement
Cons
?
At td
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 3, 2016
This role is required to understand customer needs and identify opportunities to promote TDCT products and services to the customers, referring them to appropriate team members or internal Bank partners. The Customer Service Representative reports to either the Manager Customer Service or Manager Customer Service and Sales.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 6, 2016
Provides challenging opportunities
Provides growth potential.
Provides learning opportunities.
Provides an avenue for "career change" without changing companies
Offers Flex Benefits
Various other benefits.
Great people.
Collaborative environment.
Pros
Flex time/place
Cons
Periodic long hours
Hard working staff, siloed roles and responsibilities
ECM Platform Owner and Senior Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 20, 2015
TD is a good place to work. The talent is there, however as with most large oganizations, it takes a lot to implement projects successfully. There are many teams with many roles, everyone needs to be involved. As we move towards more iterative and agile development, to compete with "disruptive" technology companies, TD will need to evolve its change management and development processes.
Poor Service
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONSeptember 20, 2016
Not a great work experience. This company is going away from being people and customer based towards only revenue based. The change in culture is resulting in a number of employees leaving this organization.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Over worked and underpaid employees that have a fear of job loss.
If you love to be a Peon who loves to gravel, then work at TD.
Manager Finance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 3, 2015
A terrible overall employer to work for, there are the most incompetent people on Bay St. working in this Bank, and persons are moved based off favourtism and cronyism as opposed to the objective merit if their effort and impact on the business.

If you love to brown nose and want to be a peon who will fall in line and salute, roll in the floor and bark like a dog just because someone tells you to then go ahead.

Definitely not the place to be if you have legitimate credentials, why would you want to work with such stupid people put in positions of power because of who they know as opposed to what they know and what they can do.

HR also lacks compelte independence of any kind in addressing employee vs. management concerns, and is partial towards management, exponentially so.
Pros
Leadership is so stupid you can pull the wool over their eyes and they won't know what hit them.
Cons
Stupidest persons in the business working in this bank, waste of your skills and career.
Fun place to work
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2016
Fun place and a relaxed environment that gives opportunity for growth.
Learnt credit adjudication at its best and was surrounded by excellent management team.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Late hours shift
Fun to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCFebruary 6, 2016
Good place to start your career and grab every opportunity to move up the ladder. TD has an excellent working environment.
good place to work
CSR (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ONMarch 15, 2016
excellent co-workers, clean environment, updates on products/services frequently, management extremely supportive.
Fantastic customers,
Pros
friendly customers
Cons
as a casual- not enough hours