TD Bank Employee Reviews

Productve, loyal to employees
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2016
I've worked with TD for over 12 years. I have always been extremely proud to be here. It's an environment that allows you to grow as an individual and as an employee. TD provides you with numerous opportunities to advance in any field while allowing you to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Pros
positive environment, lots of amazing people that work here
A place to learn and grow
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
I entered TD bank as a co-op associate. The team very quickly took me under their wing, and all were very willing to teach me to business, it's practices, and the operations of our business, and the greater enterprise. From there i progressed into a full time position, and have continued to take on more responsibilities as i grow in my career.

I highly recommend TD bank as a place to work for those at any skill level. TD has an extraordinarily welcoming environment.
Information Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2016
My experience with TD as a client has been amazing. Great work life balance and good opportunities to work . Supporting team and management. Learned many new aspects of information security.
Not bad
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC14 August 2016
Good opportunity for advancement. Very sales focused, and training to go into other areas of TD Bank life are limited. There are many divisions, but being in Montreal is limiting at times. Best to move to Toronto for higher executive positions.
Not what it used to be !
Execitive (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 August 2016
Going in the wrong direction for both customers
and staff ..... very sad to see this happening.
Staff are exiting in droves.

Management take a step back and see what's really going on.
Pros
Thd teams and customers you work with.
Cons
No work life balance.
Excellent Workplace
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2016
TD is a highly recognized bank where the work culture is fun and at the same time professional. You are able to engage in multiple events organized by the company to maintain a work life balance.
Good company - great experience
Associate Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2016
Everyone should spend time in the retail bank - it provides you with great insights and allows you to learn / reinforce / demonstrate core employment skills that you will use throughout your career. Teamwork, working with the public, decision making, work ethic, sales and developing a culture just to name a few.

Banking is changing so you must be a change leader or be very adaptable to change to succeed in a financial institution.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Work/life balance a little tilted
Toxic environment- worst job ever
PCO (Current Employee) –  77 King St14 July 2016
I've worked for CIBC and Scotiabank and TD is by far, the worst. A culture of 'overtime will fix everything' prevails. The project I'm on is managed by inexperienced people who don't discipline the bullies. Save your breath because complaining does no good.
I WOULD NOT recommend them. It all depends on your manager. If you get an immature, inexperienced one like I did- move on and keep looking.
During the interview I was told I could choose my own schedule - hardly. I could come in at 8 but would still be there at 6:00PM.
They didn't understand the PCO role and gave me every low level know-nothing job they could find until such time I could assist with their presentations.
Pros
food court in the PATH, access to subway and GO
Cons
too many to mention
Excellent people and culture with challenging project work
Managing Enterprise Architect (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2016
The culture at TD is excellent with a fantastic work/life balance. There are a myriad of opportunities across the different areas which can give a person all the variety and challenge they want - particularly at more junior levels.
Pros
Culture, work-life balance, challenge
Cons
Very difficult to make executive ranks
Fun staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB7 June 2016
I loved working here, but there was not enough hours for what I was needing.

A typical day would be to help customers with their banking transactions.

I learned how to do my job properly and sometimes dealing with difficult customers.

Management was wonderful. My boss was very nice and accommodating. He had a way of bringing things to you without making you feel horrible.

The hardest part of the job was making sure you aren't depositing a fraudulent cheque or make any huge mistakes. Also the hardest part was that there were not enough hours and I ended up leaving and going to one of my other jobs that were offering me full time. I also found that one of the hardest parts was having to sell bank products to customers.

The most enjoyable part was working in an enjoyable environment.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
no enough hours
Good company to work for
Sr. Big Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2016
Overall a good company to work for. A good work-life balance. Only occasional long hours depending on the project and the timelines.
Fun workplace
Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 January 2016
Great company to work for. Good benefits.
People are very friendly knowledgeable and hard working.
Flexibility - good work life balance.
work with the support team to meet challenging business requirements and tight project schedule.
IT Manager - AML Production Support Manager (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON14 January 2016
- daily huddle with support team, production problems, root cause analysis and resource assignment to resolve the problem and write-up for the root cause, solution and estimate for implementation.

- learn and improve my problem solving skills, root cause identifications and tools and way to resolve different problems.

- report and obtain management support for short and long term solution with management and identify pros and cons and cost for the solution

- work with the team for assignment of problem resolutions, system enhancements, cross train team with various assignment experience to meet their career needs and improvement.

- enjoyed feeling of problems solved to allow business to continue BAU functions and improve system performance or optimize systems.
Pros
job satisfaction with problems solved to allow business to continue functions
Cons
long hours, 24/7 support and hard work to meet business challenging requirements and tight schedule
good place to work
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2016
good benefits,co workers are friendly . the most enjoyable part of the job was complementary lunches and birthdays present. make you feel you are part of something grandeur
Pros
td shares, and td money
Cons
management and office politics
Fun workplace where I meet a diversity of people that I was able to drive positive changes and excel business growth.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2016
Bi-weekly training in reviewing weekly performance and setting monthly sales goals. The most enjoyable part of the job is to master my communication skills with a diverse people including customers with different background and culture, co-workers where I learn to create a productive work environment to ensure the day run smoothly. My manager is willing to teach and appreciate employer's hard work every day.
Pretty good place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON25 April 2016
The management was fair and there were opportunities for advancement. Like any other workplace, it had typical office politics and some bad managers with no education that did not know too much about the business and yet had a managerial job.
Pros
Good health plan and overtime
Role of Manager Client services
Manager Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, ON5 July 2016
 Manage sales of bank products, new business, operations, customer service, and Client Advisors activities at retail banking center and work with regulatory compliance, internal policies and procedures.
 Supervise hiring, training, staffing and observational coaching of 12 Client Advisors oversee weekly and monthly sales to determine if goals met.
 Ensuring a smooth running of bank transactions, responding to financial and banking queries.
 Handling client queries face to face, over the phone or via correspondence.
 Coach team to partner with Mortgage Specialist and Investment specialist to build revenue growth
Excellent place to work
Automation Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2016
Relaxed work culture with good work life balance
Excellent team and co-workers
Good Leadership Team
Learnt better Vendor Management
Handling Global team
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Pay scale
Busy work environment but supportive
Senior Project Manager (CONTRACT) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2016
Very busy work place but relatively supportive work practices to achieve goals

Technology is fairly modern and attempts are made to keep ahead of advancements in technology
Has become very stressful place to work.
Personal Banker/Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC12 April 2016
Branch opening procedures with only one junior staff member. Only the two of us to run the branch for sometimes 3 hrs. before next staff scheduled to arrive. Then move to one's own office to face the day of client appointments and huge pile of pending work & admin. paperwork. One has to learn very quickly to prioritize in order to handle the workload now the norm in the Bank...with ever-increasing shortage of staff. Co-workers, were in general, great to interact with. Management now, is quite inexperienced for the role, in my opinion. The hardest part of the job now would be trying not to portray to clients the stress level that the majority of employees are working under. The most enjoyable part of the job was always being able to help the clients with their requests & interacting with them.