TD Bank Employee Reviews in Canada

okay depending on where you work in the company.
Mobile Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 8, 2016
If you have a graduate degree, you're good. They will train, move you up, and take care of you with okay money. Not great, not bad, most branch jobs max out in the mid 50k range except for the branch manager.

If you work in service, so tellers, call centre, etc. etc. the pay is awful. the benefits are good. and the hours are usually awful. Don't plan on going anywhere and even if you do it's only a matter of time before you get bumped by someone with a degree.
Pros
training
Cons
slow movement within company.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 3, 2016
My branch is one the busiest in the area, so work is always hectic. You have learn to work quick and multitask.Our branch is also one the highest sales producing branches in our district. We have also won multiple customer satisfaction awards. That says a lot about us. I love working at TD, especially since I am so young and have the opportunity to move and grow in the company. That is really important to me.
Pros
Cash handling experience, sales experience
Fun workplace where I meet a diversity of people that I was able to drive positive changes and excel business growth.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 13, 2016
Bi-weekly training in reviewing weekly performance and setting monthly sales goals. The most enjoyable part of the job is to master my communication skills with a diverse people including customers with different background and culture, co-workers where I learn to create a productive work environment to ensure the day run smoothly. My manager is willing to teach and appreciate employer's hard work every day.
Toxic environment- worst job ever
PCO (Current Employee) –  77 King StJuly 14, 2016
I've worked for CIBC and Scotiabank and TD is by far, the worst. A culture of 'overtime will fix everything' prevails. The project I'm on is managed by inexperienced people who don't discipline the bullies. Save your breath because complaining does no good.
I WOULD NOT recommend them. It all depends on your manager. If you get an immature, inexperienced one like I did- move on and keep looking.
During the interview I was told I could choose my own schedule - hardly. I could come in at 8 but would still be there at 6:00PM.
They didn't understand the PCO role and gave me every low level know-nothing job they could find until such time I could assist with their presentations.
Pros
food court in the PATH, access to subway and GO
Cons
too many to mention
Role of Manager Client services
Manager Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, ONJuly 5, 2016
 Manage sales of bank products, new business, operations, customer service, and Client Advisors activities at retail banking center and work with regulatory compliance, internal policies and procedures.
 Supervise hiring, training, staffing and observational coaching of 12 Client Advisors oversee weekly and monthly sales to determine if goals met.
 Ensuring a smooth running of bank transactions, responding to financial and banking queries.
 Handling client queries face to face, over the phone or via correspondence.
 Coach team to partner with Mortgage Specialist and Investment specialist to build revenue growth
Great co workers and team in a fast pace envirorment. The work is frequent with lots to learn with great management
Loss Prevention Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 11, 2016
Typical day at work is assisting customers on a frequent basis learning different processes and procedures. I work with a great Team Manager and apart of a great team as well I would have to say the most enjoyable part of the day is hearing the customer state how happy there are with there laughter and compliments.
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 29, 2016
TD bank is a very good company to work for. Management is amazing at helping you with opportunities to grow, and get you wherever you desire to go within the company.
Good pay + great benefits.
Downfall is when you're in school full time hard to create a schedule to go with the banks hours.
- also, very sales oriented. If you will not sell, or do not like selling environments do not bother applying.
Pros
good job
Cons
bank hours restricting from getting desired hours.
Fun staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABJune 7, 2016
I loved working here, but there was not enough hours for what I was needing.

A typical day would be to help customers with their banking transactions.

I learned how to do my job properly and sometimes dealing with difficult customers.

Management was wonderful. My boss was very nice and accommodating. He had a way of bringing things to you without making you feel horrible.

The hardest part of the job was making sure you aren't depositing a fraudulent cheque or make any huge mistakes. Also the hardest part was that there were not enough hours and I ended up leaving and going to one of my other jobs that were offering me full time. I also found that one of the hardest parts was having to sell bank products to customers.

The most enjoyable part was working in an enjoyable environment.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
no enough hours
Excellent carreer - a very desirable employer to work for
VICE PRESIDENT - MIS (Former Employee) –  TD Centre TorontoApril 22, 2016
Excellent employer - I had an outstanding career with consistent advancement opportunities and a chance to work in a variety of challenging positions. Morale was high and I worked in an atmosphere where transparency was sought after and office politics frowned upon. Senior management communicated effectively to staff - information cascaded up and down on a timely basis.

The hardest part of the job was having to decide for myself where I needed to focus much of my time - noone managed me on a day to day basis. This also made this aspect the most enjoyable because
i had the independence to opt for myself how to work most effectively, and do the right things to contribute to the success of my business unit.
great working environment
IT ANALYST / SERVICE AVAILABILITY REP (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 1, 2016
The IT Department (Service desk) has a call center platform. Everyone has their own workstation and required computer equipment. Most of the days are busy ones with somewhat high call volumes. We support TD employees and vendors with IT support and password resets. Great team to work with.
no stability- hire and fire policy
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 26, 2016
work culture is good, if you watch job portal you can see lot of job adds always from TD, which says all!! Be careful if you are looking for CSR job. They need lot of CSR for summer!! just for summer!!. My advise is to work only part time till you get confirmation letter.
Pros
good team
Excellent people and culture with challenging project work
Managing Enterprise Architect (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 12, 2016
The culture at TD is excellent with a fantastic work/life balance. There are a myriad of opportunities across the different areas which can give a person all the variety and challenge they want - particularly at more junior levels.
Pros
Culture, work-life balance, challenge
Cons
Very difficult to make executive ranks
Productive with air hockey and a pool table and tvs
Legal Demands Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 24, 2016
Printing all reports. Puttng a freeze on the customers bank account so they could not take all their money ot of their account. Take the payment out of their account. Make up a draft for the amount that we took out of thier account.
Sending draft to the Government.
NCL as an department that worked on behalf of the government. Providing payments for Child support, Land taxes, any money that the customer owed the government.
Pros
Excelent Benefits, good pay
Cons
could be long hours when RRSP season
Good company - great experience
Associate Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
Everyone should spend time in the retail bank - it provides you with great insights and allows you to learn / reinforce / demonstrate core employment skills that you will use throughout your career. Teamwork, working with the public, decision making, work ethic, sales and developing a culture just to name a few.

Banking is changing so you must be a change leader or be very adaptable to change to succeed in a financial institution.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Work/life balance a little tilted
Productive and fun to work with,A good place to learn.
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 4, 2016
Its a good company to learn and be educated about bank business.Excellent company and management and employee.A lots of training and seminars and meetings.Very busy company Day and Night.
Pros
Free tickets and good benefits.
Cons
Long hours and meeting, more overtime.
Good Place to work.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2016
Excellent training. Worked in several branches with a lot of great people.

A place where you could advance at a reasonable pace.

I enjoyed working with the clients, whether it was opening a new account, making a new investment or applying for a loan or mortgage.

It was always rewarding to see a satisfied client.
Pros
Good Training and advancement.
Cons
Often had to report to too many different Head Office Managers.
Very entrepreneurial without satisfactory training
Mobile Mortgage Specialist (MMS) (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 5, 2016
Not the best for people coming from outside the banking network. The marketplace is very competitive and TD priced themselves out of the markets they don't want to be involved in without voicing their intent to the MMS network.
Environment that encourages learning and focuses on the employees
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 17, 2016
A typical day begins at 9 am and ends at 5 pm with a 1 hour lunch.
My co-workers were friendly and always willing to work together creating a great sense of team spirit. Management was always supportive and helped employees develop themselves professionally.
The most enjoyable part about the job in coming into work and seeing and working with amazing people
Pros
flex hours
Cons
nothing
Has become very stressful place to work.
Personal Banker/Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCApril 12, 2016
Branch opening procedures with only one junior staff member. Only the two of us to run the branch for sometimes 3 hrs. before next staff scheduled to arrive. Then move to one's own office to face the day of client appointments and huge pile of pending work & admin. paperwork. One has to learn very quickly to prioritize in order to handle the workload now the norm in the Bank...with ever-increasing shortage of staff. Co-workers, were in general, great to interact with. Management now, is quite inexperienced for the role, in my opinion. The hardest part of the job now would be trying not to portray to clients the stress level that the majority of employees are working under. The most enjoyable part of the job was always being able to help the clients with their requests & interacting with them.
Great benefits, challenging roles
IT Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 30, 2016
Excellent work environment. Great benefits opportunity for advancement. Flexible workspace. Very positive attitude throughout the workplace. Training support available. Community support programs. However too much outsourcing.