TD Bank Employee Reviews in Canada

no stability- hire and fire policy
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 26, 2016
work culture is good, if you watch job portal you can see lot of job adds always from TD, which says all!! Be careful if you are looking for CSR job. They need lot of CSR for summer!! just for summer!!. My advise is to work only part time till you get confirmation letter.
Pros
good team
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 25, 2016
Excellent company to work for that gives so many opportunities for growth. Great and supportive management structure that pushes you to be your best version every single day. Co-workers don't feel like co-workers, but more like family
Great job security and a fantastic place to work
Customer Service Representative / Teller (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ONJune 23, 2016
It has been many years since I was employed by TD, and although I loved it at the time, I feel unable to make an informed comment about being in the banking industry at this time.
TD Visa Activations
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 20, 2016
Activating Visa accounts and sales of insurance. Pay was great and work was fun. I would work a 8 Hour day doing this or would take overtime if it was available.
Productive, super leader and coach, detail oriented, fun and always have a smile on my face
Relationship Manager/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TD Bank Bay and Wellington Toronto ONJune 16, 2016
With over 20 years working experience with TD Bank, I bring my knowledge of management, leadership, communications, time management, project coordinator and the customer and employee experience to be considered a candidate for a new job opportunity.

I started my career with TD Bank completing TD Banks Management Training Program in retail banking where I was a SR Manager of Customer Service and Sales. Provided leadership and direction to team to achieve superior individual and team results while fostering clear client focus and commitment. I recruited all talent for the branch, and coached and led the branch to obtain sales and service goals successfully throughout each quarter by following TD Banks Customer Experience Model for premium customer service. As well, I was involved in all operational compliance. I also took an active role in ensuring that all my direct reports had the tools to do their job accountabilities to their fullest potential as well as ensured they were coached for future advancement within TD. Lastly, I identified risk areas within the team and work to minimize the potential impact.

Thereafter, I transitioned to the corporate side in the Retail Real Estate area where I held the position of Relationship Manager/Project Coordinator. Here I worked with branch development where we forecasted and coordinated all new branch openings, relocations, and branch mergers projects across Canada. I was responsible for managing an extensive team of all external partners ensuring status quo. Responsible for beginning to end procedures of new branch openings,
  more... relocations and branch mergers across Canada. My main goal was to ensure our external partners were kept accountable, yet still ensuring a strong and professional client relationship, enabling TD Bank to meet all their goals.

Some of my skill sets are: Communications, Leadership Management, Team Management, Operations, Customer Sales and Service, Optimization, Compliance, Project Coordination, Retail Management and Corporate Retail Real Estate and goal driven.

I work well under pressure, I have excellent time and project management skills, I am detailed oriented and work well on multiple projects and I have a strong work ethic. Always placing the customer and employee experience at the core. I have a passion for coaching employees to reach their fullest potential.
Pros
love the customer experience, managing staff, having goals, operations and project coordination
Cons
should have delegated more
Best place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 15, 2016
Amazing place to work great benefits
Great work life balance
tons of opportunity
Good management
diversified industry
Fun staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABJune 7, 2016
I loved working here, but there was not enough hours for what I was needing.

A typical day would be to help customers with their banking transactions.

I learned how to do my job properly and sometimes dealing with difficult customers.

Management was wonderful. My boss was very nice and accommodating. He had a way of bringing things to you without making you feel horrible.

The hardest part of the job was making sure you aren't depositing a fraudulent cheque or make any huge mistakes. Also the hardest part was that there were not enough hours and I ended up leaving and going to one of my other jobs that were offering me full time. I also found that one of the hardest parts was having to sell bank products to customers.

The most enjoyable part was working in an enjoyable environment.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
no enough hours
Productive and fun to work with,A good place to learn.
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 4, 2016
Its a good company to learn and be educated about bank business.Excellent company and management and employee.A lots of training and seminars and meetings.Very busy company Day and Night.
Pros
Free tickets and good benefits.
Cons
Long hours and meeting, more overtime.
great working environment
IT ANALYST / SERVICE AVAILABILITY REP (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 1, 2016
The IT Department (Service desk) has a call center platform. Everyone has their own workstation and required computer equipment. Most of the days are busy ones with somewhat high call volumes. We support TD employees and vendors with IT support and password resets. Great team to work with.
Diversity is embraced
Small Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 31, 2016
Love that TD embrace every employee from various backgrounds.
They have great benefits and flexible hours. They focus on development and help employees achieve their goals
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 29, 2016
TD bank is a very good company to work for. Management is amazing at helping you with opportunities to grow, and get you wherever you desire to go within the company.
Good pay + great benefits.
Downfall is when you're in school full time hard to create a schedule to go with the banks hours.
- also, very sales oriented. If you will not sell, or do not like selling environments do not bother applying.
Pros
good job
Cons
bank hours restricting from getting desired hours.
challenging environment
FSR & INVESTMENT CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, ABMay 23, 2016
i like the work at TD. The peers,subordinates and superiors are co-operative.interesting and challenging work place.
okay job
bilingual easyline specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 18, 2016
bad management and too much power given to management. Manager does not like you it does not matter how much work you put in unfortunately you will not move up
Amazing place to work if you have a good manager
INBOUND BILINGUAL BANKING ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 18, 2016
Amazing place to work unless you get stuck with a bad manager. Managers are given way too much power over their team so it doesnt matter how good you are at your job if your manager doesnt say you are good you pretty much do not exist!
Average
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 4, 2016
Enjoy working for TD, for the most part. Good benefits and vacation time. The pay is just ok. Not unlike most large institutions it falls prey to adjusting slowly to change or implementing technology solutions as fast as a smaller firms can and do.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad bosses
IT Business Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 30, 2016
An excellent place to work, learning, self-development and career growth. Supportive management and fast paced and challenging work.
it was great
Customer Relationship Coordinator - Maple (Former Employee) –  Maple, ONApril 26, 2016
it was a good expiriance working at TD for many years,different
location and fifferent client, good benefit and accomodating.
Pretty good place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ONApril 25, 2016
The management was fair and there were opportunities for advancement. Like any other workplace, it had typical office politics and some bad managers with no education that did not know too much about the business and yet had a managerial job.
Pros
Good health plan and overtime
Excellent carreer - a very desirable employer to work for
VICE PRESIDENT - MIS (Former Employee) –  TD Centre TorontoApril 22, 2016
Excellent employer - I had an outstanding career with consistent advancement opportunities and a chance to work in a variety of challenging positions. Morale was high and I worked in an atmosphere where transparency was sought after and office politics frowned upon. Senior management communicated effectively to staff - information cascaded up and down on a timely basis.

The hardest part of the job was having to decide for myself where I needed to focus much of my time - noone managed me on a day to day basis. This also made this aspect the most enjoyable because
i had the independence to opt for myself how to work most effectively, and do the right things to contribute to the success of my business unit.
More cons than pros
Telephone Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  LondonApril 19, 2016
A typical day includes talking to 50+ customers over the phone, and most importantly, selling them things.

At the end of the day, it's NOT about the customer -- it's about how many customers you can help, in less time, while selling them products and services that generate profit for TD. Make no mistake -- if you cannot sell you will be harassed, micro-managed, and eventually fired. This was never a problem for me, just to let you know. If you can sell, you can do anything you want.

I feel sorry for management, I can see how stressed they are with recent pressures and shakeups. Then they take that stress out on the employees. They seem to be wondering if they'll be the ones to be fired next.

I knew many managers who had 15+ years of experience and were FIRED during the shakeup, without a blink of an eye from upper management.

New "lean" leadership has crippled the employee culture.

PROS:
-Great co-workers.
-Love the customers.
-Love the pay and benefits.
-Very flexible work schedule.
-Great experience.