TD Bank Employee Reviews

Excellent work-life balance and understanding managers
IT Solutions Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON, Canada20 July 2017
I enjoyed working at TD Bank Group. They value their employees and ensure that the working environment is friendly. The management was very understanding and open to listen to employees.
Being a large bank, they are process oriented and follow industry standards while implementing projects. In our team, we strived for quality and gave our best to deliver projects with minimal errors.
No support
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB17 July 2017
This bank is not customer oriented at all. Numbers and sales are the priority

Management is non existent and work life balance is non existent too.

Worked at TD for over 4 years and never felt so lost at a job
Pros
Awesome clients
Cons
No management. Overworked and no recognitions
a lot projects to which employee have the chance to apply their modelling, professional excertis
Senior Risk Modelling Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2017
excellent place focus on analytics. a lot of chances for modelling which was my strong area. Colleagues are experts in statistics and modelling, and some very useful discussion.
Pros
professional discussion, analytics focus
Cons
no cons
well organized and fixible
QA /BA Analyst (FATCA/CRS/EBAT Project) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2017
Nice place to work , very flexible, I like the management style, very independent.

Hardest part is to set up flexible time for meetings, and every one so busy with work.

most enjoyable working with the team, team oriented and very friendly atmosphere.
Pros
friendly env
Cons
tight work schedules
TD is a fun place to work
Program Manager/Lead Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 July 2017
TD is a fun place to work where nobody is watching you but you have to work and manage your work based on the responsibilty. however you have some challenge specific to career growth but each department has its own responsiblity.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Gained nice experience at work place
Test Manager / Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 July 2017
Gained nice experience at work place and good exposure on updated technologies. Employer visibility is higher than what i expected and motivated people and management
Great workplace
Office and Data clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 July 2017
Fun place to work with ability to move up or sideways depending on what you want in your career. Great management team that really shows respect to all employees.
Pros
Management, attitude, hour flexibility
great place to start
Customer Service Officer (Credit cards) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2017
good place to start your career,
work schedule is bad for call center, have to work on weekends and stat holidays

requires minimum one year commitment in role before transferring out
good workplace, bad management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 July 2017
TD Bank is amazing, the negative review is mostly towards the MBNA section. Management needs to be replaced. Most adults there 30+ are very depressed and negative, and are huge downers and critical.
Pros
good pay, good co workers
Cons
call volume is always too much for the company to handle, forced sales with extreme goals every month, negative depressed management
Corporate view looking down on you
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario4 July 2017
It's all about the bottom line and how to bring in more money for the shareholders while treating the employees with disrespect and customers like numbers. There is no work/life balance. They will only guarantee minimum amount of hours and schedule you to fit their business needs. They will disregard the professionals when your health is at stake. If you cannot product the numbers they will force you out the door.
Pros
Meeting new people, something new every day
Cons
Pressure to sell to every customer whether they need the product or not
A secured place to work. Great for having a career
Digital Tech Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON4 July 2017
It's an extremely fast paced environment to work in. You can learn a lot and many opportunities to explore different areas of the bank. I am able to develop a stronge back bone of skills are of greate value to any other company. Job security is good and colleagues are always the fun part of the job. Management have open door approach to it's employees always looking to help to take the next step in your career. Employee ownership programs is really good. Lots of benefits which one can enjoy in many aspects of their life. I always receive encouragement on advancing my career from upper level of management as well.
Pros
Staff benefits, Career growth, Food
Cons
Worklife balance can be challenging in some roles
Diverse and Friendly Culture
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2017
Working at TD is fun until you start to become a threat to management. There is a strong preference for hiring timid submissive employees that will work like machines with little to no resistance.
Systems are old and the amount of copy and paste required to fulfill most finance related jobs is tedious. The entry level positions (Level 7,8) are fine, however when you make the jump to L9 things get more serious. Getting a L10 (Manager) role (Non People Management) is next to impossible even if you have had people management experience. L11 is usually managing a team of 3-4 or more. I have seen good people leave the bank because they have been unable to break that L10 barrier into the sphere of L11.
Pros
Culture is friendly and open to diversity
Cons
Strong preference for a certain type of employee that will sustain the management
Good learning environment
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON27 June 2017
Good learning environment , promotion opportunity. Management team is responsible and patient. Co-workers are friendly. Great place to start up career.
Excellent Company to work for
Lead Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2017
Good Benefits and work life balance.
Good opportunity for advancement
Excellent work culture
Flex options available
Close to transit system
Good team to work with
Pros
Flexible work hours
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
Corporate BS like everywhere else but very good culture and good people. Layoffs every couple years. Never encountered any rude people at work so everyone is very nice
Flexible workplace and great opportunities
Project Manager / Intake Manager / Senior BSA (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
Felxible workplace is a great win about being with TD
Choose your manager wisely - it matters !
Handling politics can be tricky job - and is a great learning opportunity
Great Career Opportunity
Intermediate Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 June 2017
TD was my first grown up job, i worked here for 10 years. I learned most of my skills and gain most of my job experience here. If you are looking for a corporate life style, this is the place for you.
Employee in TD
Senior Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2017
A typical date ... starts with quick update within the team.
I learnt how credit cards are being processed.
Management ... was mediocre. Changes happened too often.
Work place culture ... management kept close check of the where everyone was.
Pros
Trying to be work and family balance
Cons
Preformance spoke for everything
Its awesome
Manager of Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 June 2017
Its one of the best banks in Canada. Management is very cooperative.Best work life balance environment for a career focused professional.
Pay is good and benefits are great and flexible work options are available.
Amazing job that I was also amazing at doing
Telemarketing/Survey Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2017
At this job we conducted surveys to TD Bank customers, retrieving feedback on their customer experience. I was amazing at this job, averaging from 15-20 surveys per day, where other employees were getting less than 5 per day. I applied my skills from my previous call center job as well as my customer service skills to be the best surveyor in our location. I was fired because one of the staff member did not like me because of another associate that sat next to me. I was wrongfully dismissed from this job, because of another person's opinions. Nothing to do with my punctuality, or my ability to do the job. This job was nit hard to me at all. The staff was a younger age group team that based the staffing on their choices and not the employees ability to produce. I loved the job, because I was amazing at it.
Pros
easy fast paced job that involved customer service
Cons
terrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TD Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval