TD Bank Employee Reviews

Manager Customer Service
Manager Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 December 2016
Great company to work with, excellent company culture and management teams are always there to support you. TD really cares the employee experiences by creating the diversity and inclusive culture. I would recommend anyone who is looking for a company that truly cares about their employees and tons career development opportunities.

The only downside for the company would be the compensation. All the banks have the similar benefit and pension program, but salary wise, TD is not so competitive. I think this maybe the only reason that people will leave TD to the other banks.
Pros
culture, employee experiences, management, career development
Cons
salary
Fun workplace with great people
IT Operations Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON14 September 2016
As first line of support for IT issues for the bank, it can get relatively busy with high call volumes specially in the morning. You learn basic information about all the Lines of Business in the bank (retail branches, Corporate, Commercial banking, etc.) and the basic applications they use and their purpose. Management can be hit and miss, a few concerns has been ignored over the years and there is a general lack of transparency. The people I have worked with, my colleagues, are the greatest, nicest, most diverse set of people I have had the pleasure to work with. The job can be stressful as there are days that call volumes will never end due to some issue the team has no control over. You can always learn something new, assisting people real-time and addressing their issue is always enjoyable.
Pros
work-life balace, great people
Cons
compensation
More cons than pros
Telephone Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  London19 April 2016
A typical day includes talking to 50+ customers over the phone, and most importantly, selling them things.

At the end of the day, it's NOT about the customer -- it's about how many customers you can help, in less time, while selling them products and services that generate profit for TD. Make no mistake -- if you cannot sell you will be harassed, micro-managed, and eventually fired. This was never a problem for me, just to let you know. If you can sell, you can do anything you want.

I feel sorry for management, I can see how stressed they are with recent pressures and shakeups. Then they take that stress out on the employees. They seem to be wondering if they'll be the ones to be fired next.

I knew many managers who had 15+ years of experience and were FIRED during the shakeup, without a blink of an eye from upper management.

New "lean" leadership has crippled the employee culture.

PROS:
-Great co-workers.
-Love the customers.
-Love the pay and benefits.
-Very flexible work schedule.
-Great experience.
Excellent carreer - a very desirable employer to work for
VICE PRESIDENT - MIS (Former Employee) –  TD Centre Toronto22 April 2016
Excellent employer - I had an outstanding career with consistent advancement opportunities and a chance to work in a variety of challenging positions. Morale was high and I worked in an atmosphere where transparency was sought after and office politics frowned upon. Senior management communicated effectively to staff - information cascaded up and down on a timely basis.

The hardest part of the job was having to decide for myself where I needed to focus much of my time - noone managed me on a day to day basis. This also made this aspect the most enjoyable because
i had the independence to opt for myself how to work most effectively, and do the right things to contribute to the success of my business unit.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2016
Provides challenging opportunities
Provides growth potential.
Provides learning opportunities.
Provides an avenue for "career change" without changing companies
Offers Flex Benefits
Various other benefits.
Great people.
Collaborative environment.
Pros
Flex time/place
Cons
Periodic long hours
Great experience
Branch internal control officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 November 2016
Strong company, strive for excellence. Treat employees fairly. Learnt a lot.I work great with any team. I have a lot of experience in customer service, management, and customer service.working with the team makes it all worthwhile. Lots or reward and regonition. At Td, customer service is always number1. You work hard yes, but your opinion always mattered.

I like that I have a second family at work.
Pros
Learn a lot
Cons
You have to ensure you do not take things personally, with customers.
Professional and Good place to work
Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 November 2016
Good place to work. Professional Environment. Good work culture. Had good and healthy job work-life balance. Overall good management. Co-workers are really helpful.
Poor Service
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON20 September 2016
Not a great work experience. This company is going away from being people and customer based towards only revenue based. The change in culture is resulting in a number of employees leaving this organization.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Over worked and underpaid employees that have a fear of job loss.
Productive and fun to work with,A good place to learn.
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2016
Its a good company to learn and be educated about bank business.Excellent company and management and employee.A lots of training and seminars and meetings.Very busy company Day and Night.
Pros
Free tickets and good benefits.
Cons
Long hours and meeting, more overtime.
Not bad
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC14 August 2016
Good opportunity for advancement. Very sales focused, and training to go into other areas of TD Bank life are limited. There are many divisions, but being in Montreal is limiting at times. Best to move to Toronto for higher executive positions.
Good company - great experience
Associate Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2016
Everyone should spend time in the retail bank - it provides you with great insights and allows you to learn / reinforce / demonstrate core employment skills that you will use throughout your career. Teamwork, working with the public, decision making, work ethic, sales and developing a culture just to name a few.

Banking is changing so you must be a change leader or be very adaptable to change to succeed in a financial institution.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Work/life balance a little tilted
Excellent people and culture with challenging project work
Managing Enterprise Architect (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2016
The culture at TD is excellent with a fantastic work/life balance. There are a myriad of opportunities across the different areas which can give a person all the variety and challenge they want - particularly at more junior levels.
Pros
Culture, work-life balance, challenge
Cons
Very difficult to make executive ranks
Excellent Workplace
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2016
TD is a highly recognized bank where the work culture is fun and at the same time professional. You are able to engage in multiple events organized by the company to maintain a work life balance.
Information Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2016
My experience with TD as a client has been amazing. Great work life balance and good opportunities to work . Supporting team and management. Learned many new aspects of information security.
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2016
TD bank is a very good company to work for. Management is amazing at helping you with opportunities to grow, and get you wherever you desire to go within the company.
Good pay + great benefits.
Downfall is when you're in school full time hard to create a schedule to go with the banks hours.
- also, very sales oriented. If you will not sell, or do not like selling environments do not bother applying.
Pros
good job
Cons
bank hours restricting from getting desired hours.
Best place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 June 2016
Amazing place to work great benefits
Great work life balance
tons of opportunity
Good management
diversified industry
Not what it used to be !
Execitive (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 August 2016
Going in the wrong direction for both customers
and staff ..... very sad to see this happening.
Staff are exiting in droves.

Management take a step back and see what's really going on.
Pros
Thd teams and customers you work with.
Cons
No work life balance.
Pretty good place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON25 April 2016
The management was fair and there were opportunities for advancement. Like any other workplace, it had typical office politics and some bad managers with no education that did not know too much about the business and yet had a managerial job.
Pros
Good health plan and overtime
Toxic environment- worst job ever
PCO (Current Employee) –  77 King St14 July 2016
I've worked for CIBC and Scotiabank and TD is by far, the worst. A culture of 'overtime will fix everything' prevails. The project I'm on is managed by inexperienced people who don't discipline the bullies. Save your breath because complaining does no good.
I WOULD NOT recommend them. It all depends on your manager. If you get an immature, inexperienced one like I did- move on and keep looking.
During the interview I was told I could choose my own schedule - hardly. I could come in at 8 but would still be there at 6:00PM.
They didn't understand the PCO role and gave me every low level know-nothing job they could find until such time I could assist with their presentations.
Pros
food court in the PATH, access to subway and GO
Cons
too many to mention
Great benefits, challenging roles
IT Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 June 2016
Excellent work environment. Great benefits opportunity for advancement. Flexible workspace. Very positive attitude throughout the workplace. Training support available. Community support programs. However too much outsourcing.