TD Bank Employee Reviews

Manager Customer Service
Manager Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 December 2016
Great company to work with, excellent company culture and management teams are always there to support you. TD really cares the employee experiences by creating the diversity and inclusive culture. I would recommend anyone who is looking for a company that truly cares about their employees and tons career development opportunities.

The only downside for the company would be the compensation. All the banks have the similar benefit and pension program, but salary wise, TD is not so competitive. I think this maybe the only reason that people will leave TD to the other banks.
Pros
culture, employee experiences, management, career development
Cons
salary
Think hard before applying here
Bilingual easy line phone representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 February 2017
Worked there for a year and left primarily because of team leader who simply did not know what he was doing and was just plain immature. Was not ready for the position he was given.Just simply too young.
Alot of emphasis is placed on selling td products like overdrafts.
Upper management is useless -don't bother complaining because it is one big click.
Co-workers were great because we all shared and agreed on the same issues.
Work at TD but not this department. IT IS NOT WORTH IT.
Pros
salary
Cons
shady coworkers willing to do anything to win yearly trip, Alot of pressure to sell...including lying to clients, Management immature and could not care less about staff, Management very hippocritical, 70-130 calls a day, Keep giving new tasks to do without increasing pay.Everybody ends up leaving this department
"OK" place to work
Solutions Developer (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 January 2017
In the TD call Centre environment the culture and atmosphere is very different depending on where you work. While I was on the phones and in the call centres it was GREAT. In my case and the people I worked with, after I switched to IT, the environment was caustic. All day long you heard how much people hated their jobs. So, I addressed it with management and the solution was that I "work from home". made me feel great but did not resolve the root of the issue. The managers did not care about the employees that reported to them nor respond to feedback that was requested..
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor management
Fun workplace with great people
IT Operations Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON14 September 2016
As first line of support for IT issues for the bank, it can get relatively busy with high call volumes specially in the morning. You learn basic information about all the Lines of Business in the bank (retail branches, Corporate, Commercial banking, etc.) and the basic applications they use and their purpose. Management can be hit and miss, a few concerns has been ignored over the years and there is a general lack of transparency. The people I have worked with, my colleagues, are the greatest, nicest, most diverse set of people I have had the pleasure to work with. The job can be stressful as there are days that call volumes will never end due to some issue the team has no control over. You can always learn something new, assisting people real-time and addressing their issue is always enjoyable.
Pros
work-life balace, great people
Cons
compensation
Quebec is not the same as the rest of the country
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 February 2017
When I started working at TD, I was told it was a laidback company with lots of advancement. I found it true for the ROC, but Quebec management was very cruel, short sighted, and sort of bullies. Also the salary was low, and the advancement in the province is limited to sales, and sales manager.
benefits
Cons
management style
Friendly and Learning Place to work
Credit Coach, Practice Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2016
- Customer Oriented Workplace
- Employees are not the priority however work-life balance is good
- Multiple internal job opportunities however,
- Potential to grow is limited
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
Salary
Bleed Green!
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2017
I loved working for TD Bank. The opportunities for development and fun, engaging culture set a high bar. I would work for TD again in a flash.
The most enjoyable part of the job, as always, was the amazing team I worked with.
The only concern I had as an employee was work/life balance, or lack thereof. The one department I worked in was involved in production support of live customer environments and as a result, long hours were expected and not necessarily rewarded/acknowledged. I can tell you my yearly bonus (which was amazing) didn't cover the overtime worked in my more senior roles. Something for me to consider if I ever return to the company.
Pros
opportunities for development and advancement; engaging culture
Cons
long hours in more senior roles (depending on the line of business you're in)
It is a very good environment to work in.
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 January 2017
TD employees are very friendly, understanding and caring people. It is easy to make friends and get along with co-workers. Pay is a bit lower than other banks but really great benefits. Also, TD provides really good discounts for their employees, as well as excellent employee savings accounts with good rates.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2016
Provides challenging opportunities
Provides growth potential.
Provides learning opportunities.
Provides an avenue for "career change" without changing companies
Offers Flex Benefits
Various other benefits.
Great people.
Collaborative environment.
Pros
Flex time/place
Cons
Periodic long hours
okay depending on where you work in the company.
Mobile Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 August 2016
If you have a graduate degree, you're good. They will train, move you up, and take care of you with okay money. Not great, not bad, most branch jobs max out in the mid 50k range except for the branch manager.

If you work in service, so tellers, call centre, etc. etc. the pay is awful. the benefits are good. and the hours are usually awful. Don't plan on going anywhere and even if you do it's only a matter of time before you get bumped by someone with a degree.
Pros
training
Cons
slow movement within company.
Good environment
Talent Acquisition Sourcing Partner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2017
Good flexible environment. Well resourced. Politics inevitable. Convenient location. Fair compensation for full time employees. Can use with more structure.
Unproffesional Managment and Staff
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 December 2016
Bullies and cheaters get rewarded.
Honest workers get kicked to the curb.
Toxic environment.
Don't bother going to HR ....they will give you the run around.
Pros
Benefits are good.
Cons
Everything else
Poor Service
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON20 September 2016
Not a great work experience. This company is going away from being people and customer based towards only revenue based. The change in culture is resulting in a number of employees leaving this organization.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Over worked and underpaid employees that have a fear of job loss.
fun friendly efficient
Casual Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON23 January 2017
Great company to work for very flexible, engaging and always willing to train and coach for success. pay benefits and duties well worth it
More cons than pros
Telephone Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  London19 April 2016
A typical day includes talking to 50+ customers over the phone, and most importantly, selling them things.

At the end of the day, it's NOT about the customer -- it's about how many customers you can help, in less time, while selling them products and services that generate profit for TD. Make no mistake -- if you cannot sell you will be harassed, micro-managed, and eventually fired. This was never a problem for me, just to let you know. If you can sell, you can do anything you want.

I feel sorry for management, I can see how stressed they are with recent pressures and shakeups. Then they take that stress out on the employees. They seem to be wondering if they'll be the ones to be fired next.

I knew many managers who had 15+ years of experience and were FIRED during the shakeup, without a blink of an eye from upper management.

New "lean" leadership has crippled the employee culture.

PROS:
-Great co-workers.
-Love the customers.
-Love the pay and benefits.
-Very flexible work schedule.
-Great experience.
Nice place to work
Data Integration Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2016
TD is a nice organisation to work. Friendly staffs and accommodating. Staff respect to one another is first class and their Salary is considerable.
Pros
Work live Balance
Cons
So much workload
Enjoy in working and lots of good people
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2017
The typical day at work is pleasant. Just need to know what your doing and able to arrange the priority in doing the work assigned to you. I've learned so much and I was able to use and apply them in my next employer. The management is very friendly and able to always respect the people around. The hardest part of the job is during RRSP season when you are required to stay longer hour. The most enjoyable of the job is when someone call and letting you know how appreciative they are of your work ethics.
Pros
There's always treats and free lunches
Cons
working long hours during RRSP season
Its not all that!
IT Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2017
Don't let the Ad's fool you, there isn't work/life balance. There was a time that you were able to work from home a few days, however many managers no longer believe in that. There is no culture there. Everyone keeps to themselves and are worked to the bone. Folks go on breaks alone, eat alone and pretty much work alone. Flex work spaces are set up where you come in a grab a desk, you aren't sitting with your team mates if you happen to have any. Teams are let go without a second thought and your job is given to others just like that. TD knows nothing about loyalty to their employees!
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2016
TD bank is a very good company to work for. Management is amazing at helping you with opportunities to grow, and get you wherever you desire to go within the company.
Good pay + great benefits.
Downfall is when you're in school full time hard to create a schedule to go with the banks hours.
- also, very sales oriented. If you will not sell, or do not like selling environments do not bother applying.
Pros
good job
Cons
bank hours restricting from getting desired hours.
Great benefits, challenging roles
IT Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 June 2016
Excellent work environment. Great benefits opportunity for advancement. Flexible workspace. Very positive attitude throughout the workplace. Training support available. Community support programs. However too much outsourcing.