TD Bank Employee Reviews in Canada

Great job security and a fantastic place to work
Customer Service Representative / Teller (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ONJune 23, 2016
It has been many years since I was employed by TD, and although I loved it at the time, I feel unable to make an informed comment about being in the banking industry at this time.
TD Visa Activations
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 20, 2016
Activating Visa accounts and sales of insurance. Pay was great and work was fun. I would work a 8 Hour day doing this or would take overtime if it was available.
Best place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 15, 2016
Amazing place to work great benefits
Great work life balance
tons of opportunity
Good management
diversified industry
Fun staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABJune 7, 2016
I loved working here, but there was not enough hours for what I was needing.

A typical day would be to help customers with their banking transactions.

I learned how to do my job properly and sometimes dealing with difficult customers.

Management was wonderful. My boss was very nice and accommodating. He had a way of bringing things to you without making you feel horrible.

The hardest part of the job was making sure you aren't depositing a fraudulent cheque or make any huge mistakes. Also the hardest part was that there were not enough hours and I ended up leaving and going to one of my other jobs that were offering me full time. I also found that one of the hardest parts was having to sell bank products to customers.

The most enjoyable part was working in an enjoyable environment.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
no enough hours
Productive and fun to work with,A good place to learn.
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 4, 2016
Its a good company to learn and be educated about bank business.Excellent company and management and employee.A lots of training and seminars and meetings.Very busy company Day and Night.
Pros
Free tickets and good benefits.
Cons
Long hours and meeting, more overtime.
great working environment
IT ANALYST / SERVICE AVAILABILITY REP (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 1, 2016
The IT Department (Service desk) has a call center platform. Everyone has their own workstation and required computer equipment. Most of the days are busy ones with somewhat high call volumes. We support TD employees and vendors with IT support and password resets. Great team to work with.
Diversity is embraced
Small Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 31, 2016
Love that TD embrace every employee from various backgrounds.
They have great benefits and flexible hours. They focus on development and help employees achieve their goals
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 29, 2016
TD bank is a very good company to work for. Management is amazing at helping you with opportunities to grow, and get you wherever you desire to go within the company.
Good pay + great benefits.
Downfall is when you're in school full time hard to create a schedule to go with the banks hours.
- also, very sales oriented. If you will not sell, or do not like selling environments do not bother applying.
Pros
good job
Cons
bank hours restricting from getting desired hours.
challenging environment
FSR & INVESTMENT CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, ABMay 23, 2016
i like the work at TD. The peers,subordinates and superiors are co-operative.interesting and challenging work place.
okay job
bilingual easyline specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 18, 2016
bad management and too much power given to management. Manager does not like you it does not matter how much work you put in unfortunately you will not move up
Amazing place to work if you have a good manager
INBOUND BILINGUAL BANKING ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 18, 2016
Amazing place to work unless you get stuck with a bad manager. Managers are given way too much power over their team so it doesnt matter how good you are at your job if your manager doesnt say you are good you pretty much do not exist!
Average
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 4, 2016
Enjoy working for TD, for the most part. Good benefits and vacation time. The pay is just ok. Not unlike most large institutions it falls prey to adjusting slowly to change or implementing technology solutions as fast as a smaller firms can and do.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad bosses
IT Business Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 30, 2016
An excellent place to work, learning, self-development and career growth. Supportive management and fast paced and challenging work.
it was great
Customer Relationship Coordinator - Maple (Former Employee) –  Maple, ONApril 26, 2016
it was a good expiriance working at TD for many years,different
location and fifferent client, good benefit and accomodating.
Pretty good place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ONApril 25, 2016
The management was fair and there were opportunities for advancement. Like any other workplace, it had typical office politics and some bad managers with no education that did not know too much about the business and yet had a managerial job.
Pros
Good health plan and overtime
Excellent carreer - a very desirable employer to work for
VICE PRESIDENT - MIS (Former Employee) –  TD Centre TorontoApril 22, 2016
Excellent employer - I had an outstanding career with consistent advancement opportunities and a chance to work in a variety of challenging positions. Morale was high and I worked in an atmosphere where transparency was sought after and office politics frowned upon. Senior management communicated effectively to staff - information cascaded up and down on a timely basis.

The hardest part of the job was having to decide for myself where I needed to focus much of my time - noone managed me on a day to day basis. This also made this aspect the most enjoyable because
i had the independence to opt for myself how to work most effectively, and do the right things to contribute to the success of my business unit.
More cons than pros
Telephone Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  LondonApril 19, 2016
A typical day includes talking to 50+ customers over the phone, and most importantly, selling them things.

At the end of the day, it's NOT about the customer -- it's about how many customers you can help, in less time, while selling them products and services that generate profit for TD. Make no mistake -- if you cannot sell you will be harassed, micro-managed, and eventually fired. This was never a problem for me, just to let you know. If you can sell, you can do anything you want.

I feel sorry for management, I can see how stressed they are with recent pressures and shakeups. Then they take that stress out on the employees. They seem to be wondering if they'll be the ones to be fired next.

I knew many managers who had 15+ years of experience and were FIRED during the shakeup, without a blink of an eye from upper management.

New "lean" leadership has crippled the employee culture.

PROS:
-Great co-workers.
-Love the customers.
-Love the pay and benefits.
-Very flexible work schedule.
-Great experience.
training needs more time
Service officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 19, 2016
not satisfied how td treats their contract staff,
would not recommend this employer to anyone.
Management is unfair to time limit on training,
staff looks depressed in their positions,
underpaid for over worked.
Pros
???
Cons
unfair treatment to staff
Excellent place to work
Automation Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 18, 2016
Relaxed work culture with good work life balance
Excellent team and co-workers
Good Leadership Team
Learnt better Vendor Management
Handling Global team
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Pay scale
Its good
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 13, 2016
Lot of work with lot of process which you need to follow. so many gates which you need to pass.Also it depends upon your manager under whom you are working on.
Pros
good medical plans