TD Bank Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive with air hockey and a pool table and tvs
Legal Demands Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 24, 2016
Printing all reports. Puttng a freeze on the customers bank account so they could not take all their money ot of their account. Take the payment out of their account. Make up a draft for the amount that we took out of thier account.
Sending draft to the Government.
NCL as an department that worked on behalf of the government. Providing payments for Child support, Land taxes, any money that the customer owed the government.
Pros
Excelent Benefits, good pay
Cons
could be long hours when RRSP season
A great place to work - good culture, good career growth and good compensation.
Product Manager, TD - Credit Cards (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 25, 2016
I learned how to manage projects, partners and overall - effective relationship management.
I was given the opportunities to lead new initiatives which has resulted in incredible development for my career. I had incredible support from my management team as I learned the ins and outs of a project lifecycle.
In this, I came to learn how to manage a 'team' and truly prioritize deliverables and time - not dropping any items along the way.
I am known as a Subject Matter Expert in the Credit Cards Statement Marketing process and the Statement Online Tool (xMC). This is the tool that gets marketing content uploaded/programmed onto Credit Card Statements.
The hardest part of the job - it is deadline driven. Very high pressure and the same items are due at the same time each month, making it a bit cyclical. However, each month is unique. Marketing campaigns are not the same month-over-month, which helps in having some variety.
The most enjoyable part of the job - the people. The incredible people are what make TD. They are all passionate at what they do and they remember to have fun at work.
Pros
Employee incentive award year-end; good benefits.
Cons
Long hours at times - lack of back-up support.
Became a lean mean enterprise
Sr. IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntMarch 2, 2016
TD was a great employer up until 2013 when they adopted a lean approach.

Many positions are now hired in the USA.

People I know still employed there are not happy.

Long work days with many layoffs.

Turn over in Sr. Managers.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long hours, many lay offs, lots of employee turn over
good place to work
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2016
good benefits,co workers are friendly . the most enjoyable part of the job was complementary lunches and birthdays present. make you feel you are part of something grandeur
Pros
td shares, and td money
Cons
management and office politics
work with the support team to meet challenging business requirements and tight project schedule.
IT Manager - AML Production Support Manager (Former Employee) –  GTA, ONJanuary 14, 2016
- daily huddle with support team, production problems, root cause analysis and resource assignment to resolve the problem and write-up for the root cause, solution and estimate for implementation.

- learn and improve my problem solving skills, root cause identifications and tools and way to resolve different problems.

- report and obtain management support for short and long term solution with management and identify pros and cons and cost for the solution

- work with the team for assignment of problem resolutions, system enhancements, cross train team with various assignment experience to meet their career needs and improvement.

- enjoyed feeling of problems solved to allow business to continue BAU functions and improve system performance or optimize systems.
Pros
job satisfaction with problems solved to allow business to continue functions
Cons
long hours, 24/7 support and hard work to meet business challenging requirements and tight schedule
Good company - great experience
Associate Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
Everyone should spend time in the retail bank - it provides you with great insights and allows you to learn / reinforce / demonstrate core employment skills that you will use throughout your career. Teamwork, working with the public, decision making, work ethic, sales and developing a culture just to name a few.

Banking is changing so you must be a change leader or be very adaptable to change to succeed in a financial institution.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Work/life balance a little tilted
Fun workplace
Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Great company to work for. Good benefits.
People are very friendly knowledgeable and hard working.
Flexibility - good work life balance.
Excellent Experience
QA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 24, 2015
Focused concentration while reviewing different system platforms.
The management style is a open concept which i love, everyone is accessible.
Pros
great benefits and a chance for movement
Cons
?
Great company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2016
TD Bank is a great company. Employees are well respected, have great opportunities for growth and development. Great salary.
Amazing work place
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 13, 2015
Amazing place to work great benefits
Great work life balance
tons of opportunity
Good management
diversified industry
Pros
Amazing work balance
Cons
SR driven department
Fun and flexibility of working
Intranet Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONDecember 11, 2015
work from home, focused team members and team managers
1. great opportunity to handle multiple sites
2. Great support from managers
Pros
quartarly recognitions, luncheons, annual incentives
Cons
less salary
Great Culture - Great To build Career
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Worked at TD for 11 Years.

Started as a Bank Teller, and worked my way up to corporate.
You will learn more here than you will at any bank hands down.(In my opinion)
You will literally touch with every department at some point and learn something new. Plenty of skills you can take in your next career move.
Pros
Tremendously growing organization with great culture and collaboration with other business units.
Cons
Management is unorganized, a lot of favoritism occurs, and you do not get much time away from work
Productive and fun workplace
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 10, 2015
Great company. Large organization with great overall support and benefits. Great learning experience. I would give it a thumbs up for sure.
Pros
Some free lunches
Cons
Nice people, nice manager.
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  montreal,QCOctober 22, 2015
I learned a lot about money mangement and various product knowledge financially. The most enjoyable part is to help others when they are in need.
Good company, fun working environment.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Fast growing corporation, involved in personal development
Operations Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 26, 2015
Great company, helps you towards a challenging career with a finance. Provides employees with amazing benefits, works towards providing legendary and exceptional client experience.
People Make the Difference
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioOctober 19, 2015
At TD, it's the people who make the difference. Benefits are good, pay is usually a little low, but it's the people at TD that make this employer stand out!
Pros
stable Canadian chartered bank, benefits, profit share programs
Cons
disconnect between senior management and employees
Exceptional Culture with a focus on legendary customer experiences and personal development
Team Manager, Human Resources Contact Centre (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 17, 2016
TD Bank is definitely focused on training all employees to provide the best possible exceptional (legendary) service to their customers. Personal growth and development was a primary focus for employees in order to ensure they met the banks vision as well as succession planning.
Tools and resources available to employees to assist them with their personal goals were readily available.
Personal ownership to meet and exceed goals and departmental accountabilities were a constant requirement and on-going focus to ensure overall business success. Consistent planned coaching was a necessity for personal and team growth, accountability and attainment.
In my time at TD, I worked within 3 distinct businesses and due to my focus on my performance, attainment of goals and on-going learning and development, I was able to move forward when opportunities presented themselves.
Expectations were high at all times therefore focus on business/personal goals and time management to achieve them were paramount, lending to a stressful environment at times. Access to tools and resources to assist in reducing stress were readily available.
Employees consistently exceeding goals were rewarded with fun events, awards/recognition and VIP destination trips.
I developed life-long friendships with many colleagues while working for the bank. For this as well as my numerous learning experiences and personal growth, I am truly grateful.
Pros
Growth and Developmental opportunities, reward and recognition award potential, exceptional employee benefits programs
Cons
Can be stressful environment with high expectations
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 11, 2015
Enjoyed my time as a QA analyst, great people to work with and a fantastic management team.

Salary was a bit on the low side but the work environment was great and you really felt as part of the team, especially for a financial institution.
Pros
Great team members and managment
Cons
Salary
Has become very stressful place to work.
Personal Banker/Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCApril 12, 2016
Branch opening procedures with only one junior staff member. Only the two of us to run the branch for sometimes 3 hrs. before next staff scheduled to arrive. Then move to one's own office to face the day of client appointments and huge pile of pending work & admin. paperwork. One has to learn very quickly to prioritize in order to handle the workload now the norm in the Bank...with ever-increasing shortage of staff. Co-workers, were in general, great to interact with. Management now, is quite inexperienced for the role, in my opinion. The hardest part of the job now would be trying not to portray to clients the stress level that the majority of employees are working under. The most enjoyable part of the job was always being able to help the clients with their requests & interacting with them.
Excellent carreer - a very desirable employer to work for
VICE PRESIDENT - MIS (Former Employee) –  TD Centre TorontoApril 22, 2016
Excellent employer - I had an outstanding career with consistent advancement opportunities and a chance to work in a variety of challenging positions. Morale was high and I worked in an atmosphere where transparency was sought after and office politics frowned upon. Senior management communicated effectively to staff - information cascaded up and down on a timely basis.

The hardest part of the job was having to decide for myself where I needed to focus much of my time - noone managed me on a day to day basis. This also made this aspect the most enjoyable because
i had the independence to opt for myself how to work most effectively, and do the right things to contribute to the success of my business unit.